ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil Naessens: Rumor involving Trade of Melo for Millsap

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,297

Re: Phil Naessens: Rumor involving Trade of Melo for Millsap 

Post#261 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:17 am

Context wrote:not saying he's going to Atlanta but I've said it from the beginning...Melo and Phil could already have an understanding that he will eventually be traded...

It could be. What Phil and Melo say publicly means practically nothing. Some love to hang to what they say as the literal truth. I think they say whatever serves their best interests.

I hated the no trade clause. Felt weak when it was added on top of the fattest NBA contract. But it may just be the sweetener Phil gave him in advance as a way of saying, "Look Melo, if I feel the need to trade you, I'll only do it to a club or city you'll be suited for. Not Philly or Milwaukee. I'll give you this trade kicker as long as you agree to play ball with me as GM and not to feel like I played you."

That way they both get to hedge their bets. Because Phil could still look Melo in the eye and say he will do his best to build a contender with him, but he'd do it his way. And Melo could then say he gave NYC his heart and get paid and be able to move on without controversy if it came to that. That's how Melo gets the most money without being imprisoned in NYC if he wants a change of scenery.

What these guys say publicly means absolutely nothing.
ImageImageImage
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,460

Re: Phil Naessens: Rumor involving Trade of Melo for Millsap 

Post#262 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:34 am

Not taking a side on this but from a basketball perspective y'all are aware there are good passes and bad passes right? Just saying a dude is a willing passer isn't really saying much.

Return to New York Knicks