ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Kristaps Porzingis Thread pt2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Re: The Official Kristaps Porzingis Thread pt2 

Post#881 » by Triple C » Sun Jul 3, 2016 1:44 pm

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BHYLFgIjkPI/[/instagram]

Rose missed layups :lol: :lol:
KP is a savage
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#882 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Jul 3, 2016 1:54 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:http://www.nba.com/knicks/porzingis-returns-us-refreshed-and-ecstatic-about-rose-acquisition

guess who else is in "win-now" mode?

kristaps...

PORZINGIIIISSSSSSSS

This is my biggest reason for not ranking/rebuilding. Tomorrow is not promised and this kid showed us last year that there ain't nothing "project" about him.

He's ready to get after it RIGHT NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if demar anc Lowry could make the ECF, then there's no reason why Melo and Porzingis can't.
Imageceltics
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#883 » by EchelonNYK » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:08 pm

Stop the rebuilding debate. It's always risky when you surround your future franchise player with a bunch of veterans who aren't here to babysit and bring the young talent along. Remembered how Arron Afflalo iced out Porzingis a few times last year and it rubbed some of us the wrong way? I'm not saying he's a bad teammate. But that's their mindset at this level

At some point Phil and the rest of the organization has to give the keys to Porzingis. Because right now that seems to be on hold to make a quick playoffs appearance and possibly get bounced in the second round.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

The Official Kristaps Porzingis Thread pt2 

Post#884 » by StephNYKurry » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:22 pm

echelonNYK wrote:Stop the rebuilding debate. It's always risky when you surround your future franchise player with a bunch of veterans who aren't here to babysit and bring the young talent along. Remembered how Arron Afflalo iced out Porzingis a few times last year? I'm not saying he's a bad teammate. But that's their mindset at this level

At some point Phil and the rest of the organization has to give the keys to Porzingis. Because right now that seems to be on hold to make a playoffs appearance and get bounced the second round.

This is straight up foolishness and rationalization.

There's legitimate risk involved in tanking just as there as risk in trying to put veterans around Porzingis and Melo. "Porzingis' timeline" is the common refrain, but people talk about it like it doesn't start for 4 years. Uhhh, how about its already here?

You probably hate the Noah signing right? Guess what? You hate it because he's had injuries and he's going into his 10th season...but you want to forfeit the early years of KP, for his later years?!?!?!? Obviously no risk in that. Just look at Noah.

Don't cherry pick a delusional veteran who still thinks he's "an elite shooting guard in this league." Afflalo being a sucky veteran leader actually further illustrates the fact that we need proper leadership on this team. The last team that had proper leadership won 54 games.

This is basically that team PLUS Porzingis and that team could have stayed together if they had Porzingis. Go back and look at the team Riley put around Wade early in his career. Full of vets. Look at Wade now. Universally respected as a winner and ultra competitor. He had those things when he walked in the door, but those attributes need to be developed so that bad habits don't creep in.

You just hate old people for whatever reason.

My bad...you just hate Melo

What do I care...it's rigged anyway
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#885 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:28 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:http://www.nba.com/knicks/porzingis-returns-us-refreshed-and-ecstatic-about-rose-acquisition

guess who else is in "win-now" mode?

kristaps...

PORZINGIIIISSSSSSSS

This is my biggest reason for not ranking/rebuilding. Tomorrow is not promised and this kid showed us last year that there ain't nothing "project" about him.

He's ready to get after it RIGHT NOW.

if demar anc Lowry could make the ECF, then there's no reason why Melo and Porzingis can't.

preach.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#886 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:29 pm

Triple C wrote:[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BHYLFgIjkPI/[/instagram]

KP is a savage

savage life.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#887 » by Grinditout » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:29 pm

echelonNYK wrote:Stop the rebuilding debate. It's always risky when you surround your future franchise player with a bunch of veterans who aren't here to babysit and bring the young talent along. Remembered how Arron Afflalo iced out Porzingis a few times last year and it rubbed some of us the wrong way? I'm not saying he's a bad teammate. But that's their mindset at this level

At some point Phil and the rest of the organization has to give the keys to Porzingis. Because right now that seems to be on hold to make a quick playoffs appearance and possibly get bounced in the second round.

I know it's not exactly the same situation but there can be a case made for having vets around to guide a young player ala Kawhi Leonard. Just playing devil's advocate, as I myself am still unsure if this is the correct direction to go
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#888 » by EchelonNYK » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:30 pm

i hate Melo? I swore i made a sig with him in it yesterday.
iAdoreeKnicks
Analyst
And1: 5,105

Post#889 » by iAdoreeKnicks » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:36 pm

Triple C wrote:[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BHYLFgIjkPI/[/instagram]

KP is a savage

"we don't have internet in latvia"

:lol: :lol:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,663

Post#890 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:42 pm

Since we're discussing what direction we wish we went.. he was my post on it yesterday

No its really not, KP gets to get valuable experience and learn and possibly play some playoff games the next few years which will help his growth as a player.

Putting a star around a tanking squad doesn't work, look at the 76ers, and the Pelicans for the first few years they had AD and countless other 'young teams' that never pan out. KP will be better because of this, and develop better than he ever would have by himself trying to be 'the man' at 21 years old.

People say Melo signed with the Knicks for the money, yet never consider he stayed for loyalty, we owe it to Melo to at least try to compete while his window is closing, and it will only help KP's growth playing with Noah. So why not? KP will be 25 and in his prime when this is all said in done and we can build around him then.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#891 » by StephNYKurry » Sun Jul 3, 2016 2:44 pm

echelonNYK wrote:i hate Melo? I swore i made a sig with him in it yesterday.

You gotta learn to better hide your subconscious

What do I care...it's rigged anyway
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#892 » by Jeffrey » Sun Jul 3, 2016 5:46 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/status/749636578901946369[/tweet]
postcall
Sixth Man
And1: 538

Post#893 » by postcall » Sun Jul 3, 2016 6:25 pm

echelonNYK wrote:Stop the rebuilding debate. It's always risky when you surround your future franchise player with a bunch of veterans who aren't here to babysit and bring the young talent along. Remembered how Arron Afflalo iced out Porzingis a few times last year and it rubbed some of us the wrong way? I'm not saying he's a bad teammate. But that's their mindset at this level

postcall
Sixth Man
And1: 538

Post#894 » by postcall » Sun Jul 3, 2016 6:42 pm

Yeah I think I see your point but maybe a year of winning will be good for him. Phil said KP wasnt ready to take over the mantle just yet and I think we all agree with that. This is New York after all. But I think that the point you are alluding to is that every decision is a risk that comes with a cost and a benefit. For Phil the risks are worth the potential benefit. I dont agree with that POV and yeah it still makes me think about the Melo Amare Tyson big 3 hype.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#895 » by GONYK » Sun Jul 3, 2016 6:47 pm

Kawhi Leonard disagrees

Do you have any examples of young players who were ruined by playing with vets in a winning environment?
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,923

Post#896 » by HerSports85 » Sun Jul 3, 2016 7:09 pm

always said KP was against tanking and completely rebuilding, and here it is right out his mouth. He's mentally different than a lot of rookies. You have to keep your future star happy and engaged .. not frustrated and waiting on the day to leave NY. Besides, we're still in a great situation with our first rd pick and capspace. Just surround him with high character guys who's all about winning and watch his development take off.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#897 » by JBreezeNY » Sun Jul 3, 2016 7:24 pm

I always said that continual tanking sh*t is for losers with losing mentalities.

76ers have all that cap space and couldn't land one notable player after all that tanking and switching their mindset from losing to "we wanna win now we're serious!!"

The human consciousness can't be quantified by numbers & statistics. I may not like the Rose/Noah acquisitions that much but I love what it's doing for the culture.

Bringing in Lee is also a nice touch because he doesn't care about the limelight, just to get paid, be a team player and fill his role. He's not here doing fadeaways like he's prime Kobe then leaving to the Kings because he's a little delusional little bitch.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,338

Post#898 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 3, 2016 7:29 pm

GONYK wrote:

Kawhi Leonard disagrees

Do you have any examples of young player who were ruined by playing with vets in a winning environment?

Magic Johnson...oh wait

Larry Bird...oh wait
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#899 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Jul 3, 2016 7:29 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:I always said that continual tanking sh*t is for losers with losing mentalities.

76ers have all that cap space and couldn't land one notable player after all that tanking and switching their mindset from losing to "we wanna win now we're serious!!"

The human consciousness can't be quantified by numbers & statistics. I may not like the Rose/Noah acquisitions that much but I love what it's doing for the culture.

Bringing in Lee is also a nice touch because he doesn't care about the limelight, just to get paid, be a team player and fill his role. He's not here doing fadeaways like he's prime Kobe then leaving to the Kings because he's a little delusional little bitch.

Something tells me you aren't a fan of Aaron Affalo :lol:
#MKGA
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#900 » by JBreezeNY » Sun Jul 3, 2016 7:33 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:I always said that continual tanking sh*t is for losers with losing mentalities.

Something tells me you aren't a fan of Aaron Affalo :lol:

**** him :evil:

Return to New York Knicks