ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks sign Thanasis to 10 day

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,000

Re: Knicks sign Thanasis to 10 day 

Post#141 » by god shammgod » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:12 pm

well....at least they signed someone
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#142 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:Melo's injury is worse than they're letting on.

This is what I'm thinking too. I hope it's just because we're trading a SF in a Calderon trade, but trading Jose is unlikely so...here we are.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,617

Post#143 » by Knick4Real » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Hahaha. See, this is why I love this board. Knee-jerk reactions that aren't based on anything factual whatsoever, but are just wild guesses. :lol:

For all those who say this move doesn't make sense, you're right. It doesn't! But Phil doesn't need to make sense or explain to us what he's doing WHILE he's doing it. So how about we let the man do his job and wait and see what it's all about. :nod:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#144 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Phil likes his size. The Knicks have been such dog sh#t on defense, a big body to knock around some guys driving to the basket can't hurt.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#145 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Knick4Real wrote:

Hahaha. See, this is why I love this board. Knee-jerk reactions that aren't based on anything factual whatsoever, but are just wild guesses. :lol:

For all those who say this move doesn't make sense, you're right. It doesn't! But Phil doesn't need to make sense or explain to us what he's doing WHILE he's doing it. So how about we let the man do his job and wait and see what it's all about. :nod:

Melo injured the same knee that's been giving him issues the past few seasons and the same knee that he had surgery on last year. That's not a knee jerk reaction - that's a fact.

This is the the Knicks reality. You can't expect 31 year old Melo to be healthy an entire season moving forward.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#146 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Phil probably used all our summer cap space on Thanasis.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#147 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:28 pm

ClydeRules wrote:Our defense has been bad recently. Unable to get stops. Imagine a lineup of Gallo, Lance, Thanasis, Porzingis and Lopez. They would be hard to score against.

They'd be hard to score for themselves to with that lineup.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#148 » by NYKAL » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:29 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
You buggin, he has no jumper and is a foul machine. D-league is right where he belongs.

You MUST NOT watch the Westchester Knicks. His corner jumper HAS been coming along...he isn't fouling out of games so, thanks for you informative analysis.

Watching the westchester knicks doesn't tell me what I need to know.

so, you willingly admit to commenting about something you don't know about. OK, I know who not to respond to in the future. No disrespect intend to you but, it seems foul for you even to quote me when your opinion is bases on Nathan.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: JUST IN - New York Knicks have signed forward Thanasis Antetokounmpo 

Post#149 » by NYKAL » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:32 pm

moocow007 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Is there a trade coming and we need his defense to fill in for Derek Williams or?
Makes no sense to me as we lack scoring still. Maybe as a practice player unless for his defense?

Jimmer, Saunders and Trice have arguably played better than him. His offense is not really ready for the NBA yet.

They're not bringing him up for his offense. Same way there'd be no way they'd bring Fredette or Trice up for their defense. Let's give the guy a chance to show what he can do (if Fisher ever puts him in the game of course).

the hundred million dollar question. Fish let him rot on the roster for the whole training camp. Seems a bit disingenuous to give him a partially guaranteed contract and then not to put him in a single game to see what he do. I always thought that is what Pre-Season was all about.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#150 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:33 pm

Knicks Bycke wrote:is he playing tonight? always exciting to see new players play tbh

They said he'll be available tomorrow night against Pheonix.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#151 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:35 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:well lets see

Melo has missed a few games and so has Thomas

Thomas is our best defender and backup SF

Makes sense to me

if Thomas were to miss another game we need to be able to put a stopper in on the perimeter or at SF

this is a smart move

You're saying LFT is a better defender than Gallo? Or even RoLo?

No way Jose

Lance Thomas has been a better one on one defender than 'Galloway this season, yes.

LT is easily the best defender on our team. Gallo is alright but he gets credit for being better than he really is.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,976

Post#152 » by DaGawd » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Good bye Cleanthony
BaF
Washington Wizards
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#153 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:39 pm

don't panac wrote:
kane2021 wrote:A guy brought up a good point yesterday and provided a link that explained.

Lance Thomas cannot be traded without his approval. Same with lou.

can you repost the link?
it doesn't make too much sense to me

I actually brought that up on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread and what i said was that i heard he had a no trade clause but didn't know for sure and asked if anyone knew for sure but never got a answer.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#154 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:41 pm

NYKAL wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
You MUST NOT watch the Westchester Knicks. His corner jumper HAS been coming along...he isn't fouling out of games so, thanks for you informative analysis.

Watching the westchester knicks doesn't tell me what I need to know.

so, you willingly admit to commenting about something you don't know about. OK, I know who not to respond to in the future. No disrespect intend to you but, it seems foul for you even to quote me when your opinion is bases on Nathan.

Listen, D-League success doesn't really equate to nba success and I've seen a lot of D-League bball in the past. I've seen him play quite a bit to form a sold opinion. You don't need to see every last minute of a guy playing to form a solid opinion.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#155 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Knick4Real wrote:

Phil has a plan for this team and i trust he'll get this team where it needs to be, now i'm not sure if it will take 1 or 3 years but i trust him to get it right so while we don't understand bringing Thumpo up on a 10 day Phil and Fisher do and that's all that matters.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#156 » by Triple C » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:45 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqWI295V32E[/youtube]

This was is only good game in summer league
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#157 » by kane2021 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Listen guys. Melos knee is a concern. Not only is there a history with that knee. But he also has a history of playing it off and trying to play through it. Take a day off here and there, say it ain't nothing. Say he would play under different circumstances. One thing Melo has proven to me is he don't want a day off. If he don't play it's because something is really wrong. And he wants to see if the pain goes down enough so he can play through it.

To be honest I had suspensions that the knee was bothering him earlier in the season. I seen him favoring it and rubbing it. He lacked explosion and lift on his jumper. I don't want to think nothing bad. But it be silly at this point to continue to call it nothing.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#158 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

Melo injured the same knee that's been giving him issues the past few seasons and the same knee that he had surgery on last year. That's not a knee jerk reaction - that's a fact.

This is the the Knicks reality. You can't expect 31 year old Melo to be healthy an entire season moving forward.

Ummmmmmm i think you missed the point......the knee jerk reaction was implying that the reson for the Thumpo call up was because Melo's knee is worse than they're letting on.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,617

Post#159 » by Knick4Real » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

Yes, Melo being hurt is a FACT.

Mentioning it during a discussion about why we signed Thanasis to a 10-Day contract,
by saying Melo's injury IS WORSE than they're letting on is just a GUESS.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#160 » by Carl_Karlson » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:51 pm

Trade's gotta be in the works. Probably not JT since phil is good at keeping quiet but something's going to happen. You don't stock up at your strongest position for a guy who won't get PT anyway for no reason
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]

Return to New York Knicks