ImageImageImageImageImage

OT. The Donald Trump (and Politics) Momentum Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Re: OT. The Donald Trump (and Politics) Momentum Thread 

Post#2021 » by TimRobbins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:46 am

aq_ua wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:Think of it - the vast majority of illegal immigrants in this country come from South America. So what happens when you see a person of Latino origin in the street? You automatically assume he's either illegal or unskilled.

See that? That is called "racism". It's ignorance in its most blatent form because you ASSUME that EVERYONE thinks the same way you do and hence this is NORMAL, which is clearly untrue. Because you hold these beliefs and other anecdotal pieces of information you have grown to hold as truths, you will have a tough time living in this modern world outside your own bubble. If there's any take away you should have, is that there is always a chance that any long held belief might just be wrong and to keep an open mind and open eye towards new information. It's a necessary skill set not only in life but in business and any other path you may choose to follow. Good luck.

The quote out of context and you know it. The context of this sentence is that I'd like to live in a society where income and race are independent of each other.

For the rest - I have no idea what you're talking about. It has nothing to do with anything I wrote.

EDIT: I think the debate has run its course. It's become way too emotional.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#2022 » by rammagen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:50 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
rammagen wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Since so many White People are so against Islam....I will drop these FACTS here. Europe was in the DARK AGES until the BLACK MOORS(Islamic) came to Spain and started the renaissance period. Thats Right...what started Europe's age of so called enlightenment, was taught to them by Islamic Moors. Most of Europe did not even know how to farm the Land, until ISLAM came to Europe. Damn near every European Power came to Spain to learn simple things like how to even build plumbing...during this time European "royalty" was defecating on the floor in rooms...did not even understand the concept of plumbing. Who you think taught Europe Mathematics? ISLAM. Do people Know where Algebra comes from???? White people still thought the world was FLAT at this time until Islam came, and showed them otherwise.

Spain was the JEWEL of Europe, and it only became so, when the MOORS (Islam) came there and civilized it.The moors were rewarded by the grateful Europeans, and were kicked out of Spain in 1492...which is the SAME year, Columbus is able to sail the seas and starts European (Christian/ Catholic) Tyranny across the planet. I get that Islam may have a few radical issues with some of its followers, but white people were in the DARK AGES with Christianity, and was only brought out of it by ISLAMIC people.

People are so dumb to actual REAL history....These are all FACTS....

facts as you see them some would say the ending of an extremely cold period also help spur Europe out of the dark ages. the Moors certainly did some good but be real it was not the Moors by themselves. It was a combination of events. The crusades, the warming of the weather,ect...

"Europe appeared to have recovered from Rome’s fall by 800. Charlemagne united and reformed Western Europe and revived the economy. However, Charlemagne’s renaissance was short-lived. The continent fell back into the darkness after his death. About three centuries later, Europe finally returned to the light. The Crusades and global warming combined to revive the continent and moved Europe out of the Dark Ages.

Charlemagne’s reign reinvigorated Europe. He unified much of the west, forged an alliance with the church, and spread the cross. The emperor used the idea of the Roman Empire to provide his subjects something to achieve and believe in. He sponsored education, art, and architecture. Most importantly, Charlemagne reformed the economy. However, his efforts did not last. Although he set the course Europe eventually followed, the continent fell backward when the Vikings expanded out of Scandinavia. Viking raids decimated the European economy and psyche at a key moment. The attacks set the continent back nearly three centuries.

Norse expansion coincided with global warming. The world’s temperature increased freeing the sea-lanes of ice. The Medieval Warm Period may have been the warmest period on record prior to the present day. This warming trend aided more than Scandinavian raiders. European harvests benefited resulting in an increase in the food supply and population. Additionally, warmer weather limits the plague and other diseases, which thrive in colder, wetter climates. In 1000, around 39 million people lived in Europe. By the middle of the fourteenth century, the population grew to nearly 74 million.

Rich landowners controlled the countryside. There was little land to provide for the increased population. Many flocked to the cities. Cities, like Paris, experienced a dramatic influx of new residents. Building began to feed the economy. People built homes, churches, and other structures. The Italian city-states also experienced growth, which helped feed an economic renaissance as these states based their economies on trade.

The economic renaissance began with the Crusades. In 1095, Pope Urban II declared a crusade to liberate the Holy Land from the Muslims. Practically, Urban II hoped to unite the continent politically and halt Islamic gains in the Middle East and Europe. After the First Crusade, knights returned with eastern goods and spices. The introduction of these items wetted European appetites and convinced some to become traders. These individuals helped ignite the European economy for the first time since before Rome’s fall.

In addition to eastern trade goods, the Crusaders returned to Europe with new technology and knowledge. The Arab conquests preserved old European knowledge. Crusaders rediscovered Aristotle and Plato through the Muslims. They collected the knowledge and returned it to the continent of its birth. Additionally, the knights brought Islamic inventions and learning. The information and technology helped lead to major advances in Europe. The return of learning and resuscitated economy signified the end of the Dark Ages.

The Dark Ages ended with the Crusades. The Crusaders returned to Europe with goods and technology that expanded European knowledge and created a demand. This demand revived a dormant economy and learning. The Medieval Warm Period led to population increases and urbanization as crops thrived. By the middle of the fourteenth century, Europe was humming along and the Dark Ages a distant memory.
."

a really nice quick read
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-end-of-the-dark-ages

Listen I will just leave this here.... if you care to learn the truth. This is a Doc by the BBC. They are lying about pythagoras being the the father of mathematics, but they are spot on about the moorish history. pythagoras is only the father of mathematics for teh Greeks. These concepts were actually learned in EGYPT by the Greeks and was taught by blacks.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM8HnvuKbAo[/youtube]

It is ok, I know the truth so you can leave how ever you want it. My father was a history teacher (specifically Spanish History) before he retired. Africa is the birth place of civilization and allot of learning and advance civilizations for their time, but dude be real,the moors did a allot but the thing they did was preserve knowledge and the crusader brought it back. What above is the truth whether you want to believe or now what you need to realize not all moors were black as your are portraying them they are mixed at best of Arab and Berber decent. Now look at the people you will see what I mean. I know people are proud of their heritage but come on. Part of may family comes from Spain and Mediterranean, the Congo and Ethiopia (23 and me is a great thing). So I am I not favoring anything but from your pics you posted on the moors and the over credit you are giving them seems like you have a little agenda there.
what I am referring too
https://www.google.com/search?q=berbers&biw=867&bih=654&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQrZqok67NAhUHfiYKHbV0DY8QsAQIQA
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#2023 » by rammagen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:59 am

EricAnderson wrote:As I said I'm not trying to bash all Muslims.. I realize there's plenty who are fine people but to put our head in the sand and act like there isn't a problem is ignorant

you do realize the problem is bigger them Islam right? do you know how easy it is to buy a AR15? do you know Stoner the guy who invented the weapon never wanted to see the weapon in the public's hand?
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/family-of-ar-15-inventor-says-hed-be-sickened-to-see-his-gun-used-by-civilians/

This whole lonewolf gunmen is almost purely an American issue because of lax gun laws. And the type of guns we allow people to buy.

While I admit radicals of any kind are an issue this last shooter like the one before him were born and raised in the US. So how would stopping people from coming help this or even the previous cases?

Dude you come off as a little bigoted here. No one's head is in the sand, but the way to go about solving it is not single out anyone religion or beliefs.
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#2024 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:06 am

rammagen wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
rammagen wrote:facts as you see them some would say the ending of an extremely cold period also help spur Europe out of the dark ages. the Moors certainly did some good but be real it was not the Moors by themselves. It was a combination of events. The crusades, the warming of the weather,ect...

"Europe appeared to have recovered from Rome’s fall by 800. Charlemagne united and reformed Western Europe and revived the economy. However, Charlemagne’s renaissance was short-lived. The continent fell back into the darkness after his death. About three centuries later, Europe finally returned to the light. The Crusades and global warming combined to revive the continent and moved Europe out of the Dark Ages.

Charlemagne’s reign reinvigorated Europe. He unified much of the west, forged an alliance with the church, and spread the cross. The emperor used the idea of the Roman Empire to provide his subjects something to achieve and believe in. He sponsored education, art, and architecture. Most importantly, Charlemagne reformed the economy. However, his efforts did not last. Although he set the course Europe eventually followed, the continent fell backward when the Vikings expanded out of Scandinavia. Viking raids decimated the European economy and psyche at a key moment. The attacks set the continent back nearly three centuries.

Norse expansion coincided with global warming. The world’s temperature increased freeing the sea-lanes of ice. The Medieval Warm Period may have been the warmest period on record prior to the present day. This warming trend aided more than Scandinavian raiders. European harvests benefited resulting in an increase in the food supply and population. Additionally, warmer weather limits the plague and other diseases, which thrive in colder, wetter climates. In 1000, around 39 million people lived in Europe. By the middle of the fourteenth century, the population grew to nearly 74 million.

Rich landowners controlled the countryside. There was little land to provide for the increased population. Many flocked to the cities. Cities, like Paris, experienced a dramatic influx of new residents. Building began to feed the economy. People built homes, churches, and other structures. The Italian city-states also experienced growth, which helped feed an economic renaissance as these states based their economies on trade.

The economic renaissance began with the Crusades. In 1095, Pope Urban II declared a crusade to liberate the Holy Land from the Muslims. Practically, Urban II hoped to unite the continent politically and halt Islamic gains in the Middle East and Europe. After the First Crusade, knights returned with eastern goods and spices. The introduction of these items wetted European appetites and convinced some to become traders. These individuals helped ignite the European economy for the first time since before Rome’s fall.

In addition to eastern trade goods, the Crusaders returned to Europe with new technology and knowledge. The Arab conquests preserved old European knowledge. Crusaders rediscovered Aristotle and Plato through the Muslims. They collected the knowledge and returned it to the continent of its birth. Additionally, the knights brought Islamic inventions and learning. The information and technology helped lead to major advances in Europe. The return of learning and resuscitated economy signified the end of the Dark Ages.

The Dark Ages ended with the Crusades. The Crusaders returned to Europe with goods and technology that expanded European knowledge and created a demand. This demand revived a dormant economy and learning. The Medieval Warm Period led to population increases and urbanization as crops thrived. By the middle of the fourteenth century, Europe was humming along and the Dark Ages a distant memory.
."

a really nice quick read
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-end-of-the-dark-ages

Listen I will just leave this here.... if you care to learn the truth. This is a Doc by the BBC. They are lying about pythagoras being the the father of mathematics, but they are spot on about the moorish history. pythagoras is only the father of mathematics for teh Greeks. These concepts were actually learned in EGYPT by the Greeks and was taught by blacks.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM8HnvuKbAo[/youtube]

It is ok, I know the truth so you can leave how ever you want it. My father was a history teacher (specifically Spanish History) before he retired. Africa is the birth place of civilization and allot of learning and advance civilizations for their time, but dude be real,the moors did a allot but the thing they did was preserve knowledge and the crusader brought it back. What above is the truth whether you want to believe or now what you need to realize not all moors were black as your are portraying them they are mixed at best of Arab and Berber decent. Now look at the people you will see what I mean. I know people are proud of their heritage but come on. Part of may family comes from Spain and Mediterranean, the Congo and Ethiopia (23 and me is a great thing). So I am I not favoring anything but from your pics you posted on the moors and the over credit you are giving them seems like you have a little agenda there.
what I am referring too
https://www.google.com/search?q=berbers&biw=867&bih=654&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQrZqok67NAhUHfiYKHbV0DY8QsAQIQA

There is no agenda other than the truth. The Moors who entered Spain at that time were black... Since you love history. I will leave this here for you.

The origin of the English term, "Moor," is the Greek word, "μαυρο" or "mavro" which literally means black
knicksrbake
Junior
And1: 111

Post#2026 » by knicksrbake » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 am

rammagen wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:As I said I'm not trying to bash all Muslims.. I realize there's plenty who are fine people but to put our head in the sand and act like there isn't a problem is ignorant

you do realize the problem is bigger them Islam right? do you know how easy it is to buy a AR15? do you know Stoner the guy who invented the weapon never wanted to see the weapon in the public's hand?
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/family-of-ar-15-inventor-says-hed-be-sickened-to-see-his-gun-used-by-civilians/

This whole lonewolf gunmen is almost purely an American issue because of lax gun laws. And the type of guns we allow people to buy.

While I admit radicals of any kind are an issue this last shooter like the one before him were born and raised in the US. So how would stopping people from coming help this or even the previous cases?

Dude you come off as a little bigoted here. No one's head is in the sand, but the way to go about solving it is not single out anyone religion or beliefs.

The weapon used in the Orlando shooting wasn't even an AR-15.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,217

Post#2027 » by aq_ua » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:17 am

knicksrbake wrote:
rammagen wrote:

It was a weapon very similar to an AR-15 that uses the same style magazine and ammunition. Irrelevant.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#2028 » by camillepd » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:18 am

Are Trump supporters going global? British man rants against Jews in Hyde Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS0XVAvZbVk
knicksrbake
Junior
And1: 111

Post#2029 » by knicksrbake » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:15 am

aq_ua wrote:
knicksrbake wrote:
rammagen wrote:

It was a weapon very similar to an AR-15 that uses the same style magazine and ammunition. Irrelevant.

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,785

Re: Re: Re: OT. The Donald Trump (and Politics) Momentum Thread 

Post#2030 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:38 am

CJackson wrote:
nyjetsknicks420 wrote:
CJackson wrote:
So you are saying he would have still killed 50 people with a pistol or a single action rifle?

No I'm saying just because assault rifles are illegal doesn't mean criminals won't get their hands on them.

so what? that is not an argument against banning something

many of the biggest mass killings were done by crazy people who had easy access to guns and you don't know if they would have known how to acquire the weapons thru other means

This is a very flawed logic. I live in a country with the strict gun laws, therefore getting a gun illeagally is close to ompossible. When people dont own guns, black market just doesnt exist either. I would be terrifield if we had US gun laws, this idea of guns making it safer is as backwards as it gets.
H_20
RealGM
And1: 771

Post#2031 » by H_20 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:44 pm

The AR-15 is not an assault rifle though, it just looks like one that's about it.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2032 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:51 pm

If its used by the Military its an Assault rifle. The AR-15 was not designed as a hunting rifle.

Im not against guns, but there is no way an AR-15 is not Assault rifle. Army Rangers, Swat etc use it.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2033 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 pm

If something is holding 30 round clips...what else was it designed for. No rifle designed strictly for Hunting comes with a 30 round mag.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#2034 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:If something is holding 30 round clips...what else was it designed for. No rifle designed strictly for Hunting comes with a 30 round mag.

Personally, I like to try and pin a deer down with suppressive fire, so I can close with it and kill it. :roll:
H_20
RealGM

Post#2035 » by H_20 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:02 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:If its used by the Military its an Assault rifle. The AR-15 was not designed as a hunting rifle.

Im not against guns, but there is no way an AR-15 is not Assault rifle. Army Rangers, Swat etc use it.

The military uses M-4 and M-16 not AR-15.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2036 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:11 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:If something is holding 30 round clips...what else was it designed for. No rifle designed strictly for Hunting comes with a 30 round mag.

Personally, I like to try and pin a deer down with suppressive fire, so I can close with it and kill it. :roll:

That does not change the fact that it was not DESIGNED to hunt deer. We are talking about designed for, not what it can be APPLIED for.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2037 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:13 pm

H_20 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:If its used by the Military its an Assault rifle. The AR-15 was not designed as a hunting rifle.

as maybe a STANDARD rifle. But everyone is NOT using a standard rifle. There are MIL- SPEC AR-15. In many units, your allowed a CHOICE of Rifle.
H_20
RealGM

Post#2038 » by H_20 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:26 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
H_20 wrote:

as maybe a STANDARD rifle. But everyone is NOT using a standard rifle. There are MIL- SPEC AR-15. In many units, your allowed a CHOICE of Rifle.

Um ,where are you getting your info from? AR-15 is not milspec.

What units are allowed a choice of a rifle?lol
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2039 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:35 pm

H_20 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
H_20 wrote:

Um ,where are you getting your info from? AR-15 is not milspec.

What units are allowed a choice of a rifle?lol

You can have an AR made of Mil Spec comments that meet the same standard. Is what I am saying.

Second. ELITE units in the Military are NOT using the same standard Rifles as the Grunts are. So thats what I mean by "choice"
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#2040 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:42 pm

However, don’t despair. It may be true that there’s no such thing as a MilSpec AR or even MilSpec components, but there are indeed ARs made of components that meet the same MilStd or MilSpec criteria as a genuine U.S. military rifle, excluding of course machinge gun parts, illegally short barrels and no government inspection.

To delve into the MilSpec criteria for all the components, sub-components, springs, parts and even the finish of an AR is beyond the scope of this story. However, that information is easily available online. The best sources of such technical information on the AR are the forums over at M4carbine.net.

Return to New York Knicks