ImageImageImageImageImage

OT. The Donald Trump (and Politics) Momentum Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Re: OT. The Donald Trump Momentum Thread 

Post#981 » by Domejandro » Mon May 16, 2016 7:22 am

KnicksGod wrote:Only person on Earth worse than Trump for president is Mark Cuban. 2nd to last and last. I'd sooner vote for Jesse Helms in his prime.

I actually think Marc Cuban would make an excellent president as he is very articulate, Donald Trump is just **** nuts, haha.

I actually think he is going to be destroyed by Hillary, an outcome that I like less than Trump winning by a considerable amount. At this point, I am just a Gary Johnson guy, he has no chance, but I see him as the only legitimate candidate in the running.
G I N T
Bench Warmer
And1: 202

Post#982 » by G I N T » Mon May 16, 2016 12:42 pm

knicksrbake wrote:
G I N T wrote:Trump is closing in and he hasn't even gotten started. Once he unleashes on Hilary and all her flaws/scandals, it's a wrap. He will destroy Clinton with quite ease.

It will be a glorious day when Donald Trump wins the 2016 US presidency. Back to the good old days and no more foolish, unintelligent liberal agendas of clowns like Obama and Clinton. I feel so sorry for liberals. Not sure how they're going to handle such a crushing defeat.

I sure hope so. You know things are messed up when a compulsive liar/cold-hearted murderer is a presidential candidate.

Hilary is a garbage candidate. Once Trump goes to town on her and the emails + Benghazi scandals, in addition to several other of her unforgivable weaknesses, she is going to get utterly massacred in this election.

Not to mention she's a completely clueless buffoon when it comes to the economy and job creation, an area Trump absolutely owns. It's amazing that people can actually vote for such an awful candidate like Hilary.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#983 » by reub » Mon May 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Trump will win in a landslide. Every day there is another scandal showing how Hillary is crooked and untrustworthy, the latest being their grant for $2 million to a friend and a Democratic donor for their private business from the Clinton Foundation. They also influenced the feds to provide an additional grant for over $800,000 to the same group, which promptly went out of business.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,982

Post#984 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon May 16, 2016 2:37 pm

All these 19 year old kids who have no idea how the economy works ....smh
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#985 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 pm

People have been saying Trump has no shot for a year now and he's doing better every day.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#986 » by GONYK » Mon May 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Still wondering how Trump wins an election without the support of pretty much every minority group.

I don't think there are enough white males to overcome that.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#987 » by Iron Mantis » Mon May 16, 2016 4:24 pm

People seriously think Trump exists for any other reason than to make Hilary & Bill's waltz into the white house as easy as possible?

Every single one of these politicians are all just chess pieces.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,182

Post#988 » by Capn'O » Mon May 16, 2016 4:33 pm

CluelessJackson wrote:the dregs of humanity are popping up in this thread now

Oh no! The Raptor fans are here now too???
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,681

Post#989 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:37 pm

GONYK wrote:Still wondering how Trump wins an election without the support of pretty much every minority group.

I think Trumbs threat to that was Bernie. I don't think Hilary will get enough turnout because I don't think the minority groups really care for her either. Bernie has always been Trumps biggest threat, Trump does not want to face Bernie thats for sure. And I can't stand any of Bernie's policies but I understand the impact he would have on minority groups.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#990 » by GONYK » Mon May 16, 2016 4:46 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:Still wondering how Trump wins an election without the support of pretty much every minority group.

I think Trumbs threat to that was Bernie. I don't think Hilary will get enough turnout because I don't think the minority groups really care for her either. Bernie has always been Trumps biggest threat, Trump does not want to face Bernie thats for sure. And I can't stand any of Bernie's policies but I understand the impact he would have on minority groups.

Maybe, but Hillary got very strong minority support in the primary.

I fully believe minority groups would rather turn out for Hillary than stay home and let Trump win. Especially once Bernie and Obama start campaigning for her in earnest.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#991 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:48 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I fully believe minority groups would rather turn out for Hillary than stay home and let Trump win. Especially once Bernie and Obama start campaigning for her in earnest.

Possibly. But unlike Obama...I don't think Minority groups really like Hillary deep down. People really wanted to see Obama win. I am not sure you will have as big as a turnout for Hillary just to prevent Trump from winning at least in my opinion. Especially after all her sh*t is exposed.

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#992 » by GONYK » Mon May 16, 2016 4:54 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Possibly. But unlike Obama...I don't think Minority groups really like Hillary deep down. People really wanted to see Obama win. I am not sure you will have as big as a turnout for Hillary just to prevent Trump from winning at least in my opinion. Especially after all her sh*t is exposed.

I'm not sure anything of real significance will come out to hurt Hillary. She won't get indicted for anything before the election, and financial impropriety isn't something that really penetrates the mind of a casual voter. It's also not like Trump is clean either.

This election is really sh*t vs turd sandwich dilemma, but simply demographically speaking, the 4 major voting blocs in this country are whites males, women, blacks and latinos. 3/4 hate Trump.

Romney tried to win with just white males. I don't see why Trump does better, especially since he turns off so many of his own party's constituents.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#993 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:01 pm

GONYK wrote:
I'm not sure anything of real significance will come out to hurt Hillary. She won't get indicted for anything before the election, and financial impropriety isn't something that really penetrates the mind of a casual voter. It's also not like Trump is clean either.

This election is really sh*t vs turd sandwich dilemma, but simply demographically speaking, the 4 major voting blocs in this country are whites males, women, blacks and latinos. 3/4 hate Trump.

Romney tried to win with just white males. I don't see why Trump does better, especially since he turns off so many of his own party's constituents.

It really is a **** vs a turd samdwich dilemma.

My vote goes for Trump just for the fact that he supports funding that my company and military families really need. Hillary doesn't. I don't care about him personally but I think he is the lesser of two evils IMO.

and I like my job :lol:

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#994 » by GONYK » Mon May 16, 2016 5:03 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

It really is a **** vs a turd samdwich dilemma.

My vote goes for Trump just for the fact that he supports funding that my company and military families really need. Hillary doesn't. I don't care about him personally but I think he is the lesser of two evils IMO.

and I like my job :lol:

Fair enough :lol:

I'm not really trying to debate anyone's preference. Just looking to see what people think Trump's path to victory is.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#995 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:11 pm

GONYK wrote:Fair enough :lol:

I'm not really trying to debate anyone's preference. Just looking to see what people think Trump's path to victory is.

I hear you. I just think the minority turnout would be much greater for someone like Sanders than Clinton. So I think that gives Trump a better chance to win since he will be going up against Clinton. I also know a lot of women that don't care for Clinton either. In terms of voting in the first women president a lot of women I know don't want her to be the first.

So I think that is what Trump hopes for. That women and minority groups don't care enough to vote because they don't care for her.

ROSTER

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#996 » by Butch718 » Mon May 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Wrong. Latinos are registering to apply for citizenship in record numbers simply to vote against Trump. Hilary sucks as a candidate but the fact that Trump is struggling badly with almost every major voting block outside of white males, and is putting red states like Georgia and Utah in play speaks volumes about how much worse he is than Hilary as a GE candidate. On top of that Trump is doing worse than Romney did percentage wise when it comes to crossover voters, women, Latinos and 18-34 year olds. But hey lets just assume that only Hilary has baggage but Trump doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#997 » by machu46 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:04 pm

He won't. Simply put, he needs to make serious head-way with those groups if he wants to win in November.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#998 » by CJackson » Mon May 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Capn'O wrote:
CluelessJackson wrote:the dregs of humanity are popping up in this thread now

Oh no! The Raptor fans are here now too???

if they are so bad then where are the raptor lightbulb jokes?
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#999 » by Domejandro » Mon May 16, 2016 6:54 pm

G I N T wrote:
knicksrbake wrote:
G I N T wrote:Trump is closing in and he hasn't even gotten started. Once he unleashes on Hilary and all her flaws/scandals, it's a wrap. He will destroy Clinton with quite ease.

It will be a glorious day when Donald Trump wins the 2016 US presidency. Back to the good old days and no more foolish, unintelligent liberal agendas of clowns like Obama and Clinton. I feel so sorry for liberals. Not sure how they're going to handle such a crushing defeat.

I sure hope so. You know things are messed up when a compulsive liar/cold-hearted murderer is a presidential candidate.

Hilary is a garbage candidate. Once Trump goes to town on her and the emails + Benghazi scandals, in addition to several other of her unforgivable weaknesses, she is going to get utterly massacred in this election.

Not to mention she's a completely clueless buffoon when it comes to the economy and job creation, an area Trump absolutely owns. It's amazing that people can actually vote for such an awful candidate like Hilary.

Everyone knows of her scandals, but simply do not care.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,701

Post#1000 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2016 8:08 pm

ClydeRules wrote:Trump will win in a landslide. Every day there is another scandal showing how Hillary is crooked and untrustworthy, the latest being their grant for $2 million to a friend and a Democratic donor for their private business from the Clinton Foundation. They also influenced the feds to provide an additional grant for over $800,000 to the same group, which promptly went out of business.

But Trump is crazy. With Hillary, and I am in now way a Hillary supporter (I support Bernie), you'll continue to get this neoliberalism that we got with Obama the last 8 years. Social liberal, pro-Wall Street/big business and somewhat hawkish. HRC probably a little more hawkish tho. But we'll also get more left-swinging SCOTUS and lower federal court nominations which is significant. She'll be a social liberal who believes in climate change, who will buck the NRA and will work to strengthen social security and medicare as opposed to trying to replace it with a voucher program. If you support a progressive agenda, it'll be easier and more advantageous to move in that direction from where HRC will take the country as opposed to Trump.

And let's be honest, Trump is going to become the puppet of the GOP establishment he's lambasted this entire primary. Why do you think he met with Paul Ryan? Ryan let Trump know that he will get NOTHING done without his support and if Trump wants his support he's gotta step in line. So, for all you Trump supporters who think this guy is some kind of maverick who's going to buck the establishment ... ain't happening.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks