ImageImageImageImageImage

O.T. Marbury, Iverson set to star in Chinese movie

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

O.T. Marbury, Iverson set to star in Chinese movie 

Post#1 » by TheBigBoss » Sat May 14, 2016 7:12 am

A movie is being made about Marbury's time in China with Marbury playing himself in the film "My Other Home". Allen Iverson is also set to be in the film as himself.

A former NBA star has found a home in Beijing. Now, he’s eyeing a spot on China’s big screen.

Stephon Marbury, the biggest former NBA star currently playing for a Chinese professional basketball team, will make his cinematic debut as the lead character in “My Other Home,” a Chinese film that revolves around his life story.

Marbury, who was nicknamed “Lone Wolf” for his style on the court during his NBA career, now plays for the Beijing Ducks, a professional basketball team based in the Chinese capital. He led the team to its first Chinese Basketball Association championship in 2012 and another two championships in 2014 and 2015.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2016/05/13/my-other-home-nba-star-stephon-marbury-to-star-in-new-film-in-china/
FerreroRocherrr
Pro Prospect
And1: 456

Re: O.T. Marbury, Iverson set to star in Chinese movie 

Post#2 » by FerreroRocherrr » Sat May 14, 2016 12:46 pm

This is gonna be better than Space Jam 2

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,181

Post#3 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat May 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Good for him. And for those who want to post Vaseline gifs and the like, realize that each moment this man proves the Knicks (more so than him) to be f*cked up at all levels to the point that they disregarded a now 3 time champion and god in China, you still have your jokes through this disaster.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#4 » by BKlutch » Sat May 14, 2016 6:53 pm

This is very impressive, because Jimmer couldn't lead the Westchester Knicks to even one title. Yep, we really needed to keep "The Lone Wolf." I'm happy for Stephon that he has found personal satisfaction and happiness in China. I'm happy for us that he's in China.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#5 » by ctorres » Sat May 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Can't wait to see this!
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#6 » by Mr_Perfect » Sat May 14, 2016 8:00 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:Good for him. And for those who want to post Vaseline gifs and the like, realize that each moment this man proves the Knicks (more so than him) to be f*cked up at all levels to the point that they disregarded a now 3 time champion and god in China, you still have your jokes through this disaster.

Marbury disgraced himself. Stop excusing him.

Dolan didn't tell him to fight with his coaches and have his teammates traded. He also didn't tell him to go TV and act like a cracked out moron.

God in China? Good for him. JR Smjth averaged 50 ppg in China. Nobody cares. It's not something to even brig up in this discussion because it has no bearing on anything.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#7 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat May 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:Good for him. And for those who want to post Vaseline gifs and the like, realize that each moment this man proves the Knicks (more so than him) to be f*cked up at all levels to the point that they disregarded a now 3 time champion and god in China, you still have your jokes through this disaster.

Dolan didn't tell him to fight with his coaches and have his teammates traded. He also didn't tell him to go TV and act like a cracked out moron.

God in China? Good for him. JR Smjth averaged 50 ppg in China. Nobody cares. It's not something to even brig up in this discussion because it has no bearing on anything.

What's disgraceful are those people that still loathe him and criticize him when this organization has been putrid, yet Marbury has proven that in the proper environment he can thrive. If it makes you feel better to ignore how terrible this organization was, understand that it still exists and pretend that we could've have had a Marbury that helped lead this team to 3 or 4 championships if surrounding factors played out, then keep comparing his success to JR's 50 pts game. Marbury is alright in my book and apparently a winning teams book - maybe not in your book and this losing franchises. You can choose your company... that's cool.

Buttah304
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,388

Post#8 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 14, 2016 10:56 pm

I hope that the board can relive the "Marbury is God/Sucks" debate that raged here, for old times sake. It beats anything going on in the Phil post.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Post#9 » by GONYK » Sat May 14, 2016 10:59 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Mr_Perfect wrote:

What's disgraceful are those people that still loathe him and criticize him when this organization has been putrid, yet Marbury has proven that in the proper environment he can thrive. If it makes you feel better to ignore how terrible this organization was, understand that it still exists and pretend that we could've have had a Marbury that helped lead this team to 3 or 4 championships if surrounding factors played out, then keep comparing his success to JR's 50 pts game. Marbury is alright in my book and apparently a winning teams book - maybe not in your book and this losing franchises. You can choose your company... that's cool.

Wait, what?

Knick organizational woes or not, winning in China =/= winning in the NBA. Marbury was in the league for 7 years and 3 different teams before he came to the Knicks and he played for 1 team after.

At no point during his 13 yr career did he show that he could lead a team to a championship.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#10 » by Mr_Perfect » Sat May 14, 2016 11:15 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Mr_Perfect wrote:

Revisionist history is fascinating, isn't it?

Marbury was a cancer to the franchise in the same vain as Isiah was a cancer to the franchise. They went hand in hand.

Marbury left every team he was on on bad terms. Minnesota, New Jersey, Phoenix and New York. Nobody was singing championship praises for Starbury in those days. Actually, most people were celebrating his departure.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#11 » by Thugger HBC » Sat May 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Most of the locations that Marbury played for were pathetic at best before during and after Marbury. Marbury downfall was his own doing though.

With that, I'll always be happy to see a person find themselves and happiness, no matter where that is, and when this film does come out, I'll certainly watch it.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#12 » by NY2TheBay » Sat May 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Spent many months in China on business. Ironically Linsanity fell under the time I was out there. Marbury can walk on water out there and is truly beloved.

What continued to hit me was their overall love of anything and everything NBA. I also enjoyed a few NBA preseason games on CCTV in my hotel room and their pronunciation of the players last name's was tough for me to not laugh at.

Happy A.I. is in this, he was having some financial issues last I heard.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#13 » by TheBigBoss » Sat May 14, 2016 11:36 pm

From what I heard there is supposedly going to be a scene with Marbury/AI that is going to be very "touching". I cant wait to see what they mean by that.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,909

Post#14 » by matchman » Sun May 15, 2016 3:07 am

Happy for Marbury living another life in China which is good for him.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
hundreth
Senior
And1: 373

Post#15 » by hundreth » Sun May 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Mr_Perfect wrote:

Each time I read your posts, no matter the topic, they are filled with negativity and black / white thinking. I have no doubt you're a miserable person.

Here's to hoping you find your way.
CKamm1
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#16 » by CKamm1 » Sun May 15, 2016 10:17 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Mr_Perfect wrote:

This board never ceases to amaze. Unreal.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#17 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun May 15, 2016 10:27 pm

CKamm1 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Mr_Perfect wrote:

He was a top PG at the time, he's still in great shape and he's led a lesser team to championship. "Could've" and "helped" are the operative words I used in the quote you selected but only a nitwit would take that sentence and smugly run with it as proof that someone is out of touch. Glad we don't have that level of dips#*T on this .....

Buttah304
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#18 » by el13adnino » Sun May 15, 2016 10:27 pm

i heard maubury is fluent in Chinese
:crazy:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Post#19 » by GONYK » Sun May 15, 2016 10:37 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
CKamm1 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:

He was a top PG at the time, he's still in great shape and he's led a lesser team to championship. "Could've" and "helped" are the operative words I used in the quote you selected but only a nitwit would take that sentence and smugly run with it as proof that someone is out of touch. Glad we don't have that level of dips#*T on this .....

I don't understand why you aren't acknowledging that a championship in China does not mean he is a championship level player in the NBA.

The CBL is barely better than the NCAA.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM

Post#20 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun May 15, 2016 11:22 pm

GONYK wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
CKamm1 wrote:

I don't understand why you aren't acknowledging that a championship in China does not mean he is a championship level player in the NBA.

The CBL is barely better than the NCAA.

I don't understand why you're making that sentence the main point of your rebuttal. He was in great shape when we bought him out and he continues to play at a high level, a level that far exceeds what the mighty Jose Calderon (or any other PG we trotted out there other than J. Kidd) can output. That in and of itself should end the need to dissect my words. Marbury has a motor anda skill to score. I never said he IS a CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL player. I said with the level of talent we've had in the last 8 years his drive and his skillset "Could've" and "helped", the point at which you stopped bolding when you quoted me, this team to multiple championships. Am I saying he would be the same force he is in China? No. But over the last 8 years I would have preferred him to anything else we've put on the floor (save Kidd), EASILY. T. Douglas... Duhon...Nate....Felton...Udrih...Prigioni...Baron Davis...(Broken) Billups. None of those other guys could've done what Steph has done in China yet these are the guys we employ to lead the Knicks and disregard Steph's as if it would have been negligible or worse. Marbury would have helped us at the PG spot a great deal even today given what Calderon has shown and this organization bought him out.

Steph, Melo and any combination of Chandler, Amare, JR, Shumpert, KP, Lee, Sheed, we had a lot to work with over the last 8 years.

So many combinations where we could have prospered. Maybe not multiple championships but in the conversation EVERY year. Look at the noise the Raps have been making all damned year while we keep looking forward to the day we can lose games and cash in future picks.

Buttah304

Return to New York Knicks