ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2321 » by N8isScofield » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:11 am

moocow007 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:I'm ok with keeping our riches until the right offer for a front line starter. Since Cashman has a hard-on for Bryce Harper, I suppose it's inevitable but I like Judge, Frazier OF to compliment infield of Didi, Torres, Bird/Austin, Sanchez.

I will predict that Frazier will be dealt in some package for a front line starter at some point before the start of the 2019 season. I think the Yankees secretly prefer Rutherford to be the "other guy" in their future OF. I think ideal scenario for Ol' Cash is an OF of Rutherford, Harper and Judge. Just don't get the vibe that the Yankees are digging Frazier. Rutherford on the other hand seems to be a great "Yankee type" player (hard to describe but that's what his vibe is telling me). Rutherford is the guy that some are pointing to that has the same demeanor as Derek Jeter. Doesn't mean he is a lock to live up to it, but I think the Yankees would much rather him than Frazier, especially if they end up adding Harper. Harper and Frazier? Yeah that might be a little too much...especially if there's any chance of throwing "Macho Man" Machado in the mix in 2019. That'll be way too much testosterone in one club house...especially a Yankee clubhouse. :lol:

Agreed. With Harper he's so talented that you really can't worry about the rockstar attitude. Frazier gives off a similar vibe with none of the achievements. I personally don't have a problem with it but we know how stuffy the front office is so it would not surprise me one bit.Realistically though you can't blame a team for wanting to limit egos in the clubhouse. It can certainly be a detriment if not monitored.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2322 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:56 am

Castro sh*ts the bed, crucial error allowing the Pirates to extend their lead 6-3 win.

The offense is...very unexplosive.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#2323 » by GEOLINK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:15 am

At some point Judge has to give us a big clutch hit/homer. I'm gonna chill cause he's still growing as a player as the season progresses.

And Bird is just gone... Dumb Girardi shouldn't have bench'd him after his 3-hit game.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2324 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:15 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Gawd, I hope you're wrong on Yankees thoughts on Frazier. This thought process is what got the Yankees Javier Vazquez x2, Carl Pavano and all of his "meh" moves due to that "demeanor." However it might also mean that the Yankees won't try to go after Machado. Cashman deep throats Chase Headley.

Confused because supposedly Cashman is infatuated with Harper and he has that "demeanor" in spades. I do think Mateo or Frazier will get traded, possibly both. Just not necessarily because of attitude or whatever. It's just too many prospects so some will inevitably get traded to adress weaknesses.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2325 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:20 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Castro sh*ts the bed, crucial error allowing the Pirates to extend their lead 6-3 win.

I actually think offense has played well considering no Sanchez or Didi and Bird had struggled. They've put up a decent amount of runs. I think this loss came down to Castros error and Sabathia more.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2326 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:46 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
I actually think offense has played well considering no Sanchez or Didi and Bird had struggled. They've put up a decent amount of runs. I think this loss came down to Castros error and Sabathia more.

I dunno. If memory serves, two out of the last 3 games the Yanks needed errors from the other team in order to put numbers on the board (that includes last night).

Right now, the Yanks live and die on Aaron Judge's swing.

That's a rookie hitting .269 but leading the team in HRs (5) and RBIs (12). Kids like Sanchez (.150) and Bird (.122) are finding out how much harder it is, when there is no protection in the line up. You might scoff at Mark Tieixera and Alex Rodriguez but they know how to produce. While Matt Holiday hasn't been bad (.222) he's a right handed bat and that means, you're looking for the gap if you don't have enough power to send it to the deepest part of the ball park.

Yes, I DO believe they'll get it together BUT...let's not dispute the fact, Ellsbury, the highest paid Yankee is hitting .333 with 1 HR, 3 RBIs hitting 4th.

Again, un-impressive but not futile.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2327 » by levendis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

I dunno. If memory serves, two out of the last 3 games the Yanks needed errors from the other team in order to put numbers on the board (that includes last night).

That's a rookie hitting .269 but leading the team in HRs (5) and RBIs (12). Kids like Sanchez (.150) and Bird (.122) are finding out how much harder it is, when there is no protection in the line up. You might scoff at Mark Tieixera and Alex Rodriguez but they know how to produce. While Matt Holiday hasn't been bad (.222) he's a right handed bat and that means, you're looking for the gap if you don't have enough power to send it to the deepest part of the ball park.

Yes, I DO believe they'll get it together BUT...let's not dispute the fact, Ellsbury, the highest paid Yankee is hitting .333 with 1 HR, 3 RBIs hitting 4th.

Tex and Arod were beyond awful last year. Sanchez had 21 PA. Didi hasn't had any. They're 5th in the league in runs scored, 3rd in slugging. Ellsbury has been one of their hottest hitters. Bird's timing seems off but the ABs have looked better lately. He was scalding hot in spring training so I guess he was destined for a crash. They're going to hit. How great they will be will depend on if they can get consistently good pitching like they got in this last win streak
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2328 » by levendis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:35 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Castro sh*ts the bed, crucial error allowing the Pirates to extend their lead 6-3 win.

Still not a terrible start by Sabathia imo. Dude had nothing and still kept the game competitive. One of the runs was off a stupid infield single.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2329 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Usually CC Sabbathia starts off slow and then as the weather warms up, he becomes unhittable. This is one of those rare seasons where he started off very well.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,314

Post#2330 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

How many games did Sanchez play before he got hurt? I think there is a wee bit of difference between his .150 and Birds. It's like "very small sample size" vs "small sample size", because even for Bird, it's still really early
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2331 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:16 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:How many games did Sanchez play before he got hurt? I think there is a wee bit of difference between his .150 and Birds. It's like "very small sample size" vs "small sample size", because even for Bird, it's still really early

Gary Sanchez played 65 MLB games before he got hurt. I guess, we can nullify the 20 Hrs and 42 RBIs because it was just all "sample."

Greg Bird has played 58 games but lost an entire season due to injury. True, his 11 Hrs and 31 RBIs were suspect.

Between the two, only 7 games difference and by the time Sanchez returns...Greg Bird will have played more games.

Again, so far the offense looks un-remarkable. Hopefully in another 60 games they'll start to look a little better.

Meanwhile...

Pirates race out to a 3-0 lead, Yanks overtake the deficit going up 5-3, Pirates TIE the game and Pineda reaches his quota of 5 innings and out.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2332 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Diaz hits a 3-run homer and the Yanks pull ahead 8-5. Time to go with Clippard-Betances-Chapman.

Aaron Judge hitting .268 with another 1 run scored 1 hit. That's all he has to do for now. Just make contact and/or get on base. The rest will come in time.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#2333 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:How many games did Sanchez play before he got hurt? I think there is a wee bit of difference between his .150 and Birds. It's like "very small sample size" vs "small sample size", because even for Bird, it's still really early

Gary Sanchez played 65 MLB games before he got hurt. I guess, we can nullify the 20 Hrs and 42 RBIs because it was just all "sample."

Greg Bird has played 58 games but lost an entire season due to injury. True, his 11 Hrs and 31 RBIs were suspect.

Between the two, only 7 games difference and by the time Sanchez returns...Greg Bird will have played more games.

Again, so far the offense looks un-remarkable. Hopefully in another 60 games they'll start to look a little better.

Meanwhile...

Pirates race out to a 3-0 lead, Yanks overtake the deficit going up 5-3, Pirates TIE the game and Pineda reaches his quota of 5 innings and out.

I wasn't referring to their career so far. You quoted their numbers for this season, which I thought was to be critical of the fact they are having issues 2nd time around the league (as opposed to protection, so I misread it) and my thought was "Sanchez hardly even played any games before he went out, so it was a really small sample size". It could have been he was hitting it hard, but unlucky, it could have been anything. I mean, it was 5 games and 20 at bats before he went out. Bird, on the other hand, any observations about his hitting by putting up his average have some validity as at least it's 12 games and a whopping 41 ab's.

That's what I meant by small sample size. Their numbers look bad, but it could be random group of cold games for Sanchez (5 games) and Bird, it's a little more indicative, but it's still so early
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#2334 » by GEOLINK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:20 pm

I love how Chapman wears the most lighest navy blue mock neck shirt. :lol:
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,435

Post#2335 » by duetta » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Judge with another monster blast. He left six runners on base last night, however.

It's a process.

Who says you can't rebuild in New York?
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#2336 » by N Y K » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:49 pm

funny looking at the comments on Yankee instagram posts and knick instagram posts... wayyyyy less trolling lol
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#2337 » by N Y K » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:53 pm

duetta wrote:Judge with another monster blast. He left six runners on base last night, however.

It's a process.

Who says you can't rebuild in New York?

+1 8-)
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#2338 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:08 am

I noticed the Yankees are tops in ALL of baseball with a +31 run differential. The next closest team in Arizona in the NL with 20.

I know it's not football, but this seems like it bodes well for the Yankees longer term chances of doing well this season. Yes, I get that in a long season these numbers will come down to earth and other teams catch up, but it shows they are simultaneously hitting AND pitching well.
BringBackLj!
Analyst
And1: 93

Post#2339 » by BringBackLj! » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:10 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
BringBackLj! wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Would take Torres AND Frazier AND Sheffield

most likey betances and somone else also...

trout is a beast, 5 for 1s are tough thou.

Yanks are signing harper, cashman will use his chips to aquire SP, if something like the "sale dea"this summer is avaible for the Yankees pretty sure they yankees will go all in. They love gardner it iwll take a major chip for us to trade him, good locker room guy. Castro may be a chip they move i wouldbt be surprised, even thou hes been killing it

They actually actively shopped Gardner. Cashman didn't like the offers.

thats why i said itll take a major piece, he has a really high evalution of gardner. He Wants a top chip prospect, not B level.. for example somone like sheff to get the deal done..
"You Know me dog i just wanna keep the peace, stop saying my name thats only gon lead to beef"
BringBackLj!
Analyst
And1: 93

Post#2340 » by BringBackLj! » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:11 am

This is way i think Castro can be moved, he kind has that knuckleheadness about him that the yankees typical hate.
"You Know me dog i just wanna keep the peace, stop saying my name thats only gon lead to beef"

Return to New York Knicks