ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2361 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Yanks offense can't buy a run and they fall to IVAN NOVA and the Pirates 2-1. Montgomery scattered 7 hits through 6 innings, 5 Ks and giving up both runs.

Greg Bird went 0/3 dropping his average to .104.

Even when Nova was on the Yankees, when he had it together for a start, he was really good. The issue was consistency from start to start, which he's found with the pirates.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#2362 » by Mecca » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:42 pm

The guy I want is Chris Archer. 28 years old. High K rate. Smart kid. Intense.

I'd give Frazier, Mateo, and Andujar for Archer. That's the type of move you make.

Set our core with Gary, Bird, Judge, Torres, Didi, Severino with Rutherford as our top kid waiting.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#2363 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Cant wait for Sanchez and Didi to come back. I mean we couldnt even get a sac fly to tie it. We good tho, we can only get better.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
BringBackLj!
Analyst
And1: 93

Post#2364 » by BringBackLj! » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Yanks offense can't buy a run and they fall to IVAN NOVA and the Pirates 2-1. Montgomery scattered 7 hits through 6 innings, 5 Ks and giving up both runs.

Greg Bird went 0/3 dropping his average to .104.

Even when Nova was on the Yankees, when he had it together for a start, he was really good. The issue was consistency from start to start, which he's found with the pirates.

Nova and Pineda are very similar, theyd have that one bad ining kill thier start and theyd so hot and cold start to start. Same thing with Nova hed have hard to locating off speed and hitters would tee off. Being in the NL helps him, line ups are weaker i always felt he give up alot of yankee stadium style HRS.
"You Know me dog i just wanna keep the peace, stop saying my name thats only gon lead to beef"
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2365 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Ivan Nova came motivated.
BringBackLj!
Analyst

Post#2366 » by BringBackLj! » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:40 am

Question for the next strech of games is...

How long does Giradi kept Brett in the lineup? I know cashman loves him, but i think we all know what Brett Gardner is, a streaky slap hitter who has a low on base but is great in the outfield. Roughly 250/255 average, hes currently batting .182, Hicks has been off to a good start if he continues to struggle i can see Hicks displacing Brett..

The Return of Didi and handled Toes hot bat, looks like Didi will be called up friday interesting to see how many off days castro headly get to kep Torreyes in the line up. Hes been lights out so far.

Is Holdiay already breaking down? He missed a ton of games last year and hes injury prone, doenst seem right so far and hes missed a handfull of games already. I was a big Beltran fan, actually HUGE.. I was so upset we didnt pay an extra 13 million for carlos who for the last year as yankee he absolutely crushed it. I think we have to keep in eye on this..
"You Know me dog i just wanna keep the peace, stop saying my name thats only gon lead to beef"
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#2367 » by ccvle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:04 am

Gardner is actually pretty good with drawing walks and getting on base. He's hitting .180 but on base over .300. Gardner could still be an effective leadoff even hitting .240. However I do agree that with him hitting .180 is a problem...
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#2368 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:05 am

isiah_thomas wrote:Right now washed up version of Tex would be an upgrade

How do u figure? Teixeira usually started the season 5-300
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,451

Post#2369 » by Strick » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:29 am

What do you guys think about the guys in the minors right now? Torres is supposed to be the truth nearly everything I've seen and read on him. Frazier seems intriguing. Sheffield seems like a solid pitching prospect.

I'm curious to see how long you guys think the top prospects will stay in the majors before getting called up?
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2370 » by levendis » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Strick wrote:What do you guys think about the guys in the minors right now? Torres is supposed to be the truth nearly everything I've seen and read on him. Frazier seems intriguing. Sheffield seems like a solid pitching prospect.

I'm curious to see how long you guys think the top prospects will stay in the majors before getting called up?

Well torres is on the DL right now. So he'll basically will have spent a month underperforming and injured, so thoughts he'd get here by June (which was always laughable to me) and push Headley off the roster doesn't look too hot right now. Frazier has been struggling. And Sheffield still can't throw a strike (not a fan of him). The prospects across the board have struggled so far. But it's still really early and plenty of time to turn it around. The only prospect I can see called up is Frazier this year. Maybe Chance Adams, but the Yankees are making him repeat AA atm. Plenty of those guys are going to bust, hopefully Cashman is able to exchange them for value when he can.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#2371 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Mecca wrote:The guy I want is Chris Archer. 28 years old. High K rate. Smart kid. Intense.

I'd give Frazier, Mateo, and Andujar for Archer. That's the type of move you make.

Set our core with Gary, Bird, Judge, Torres, Didi, Severino with Rutherford as our top kid waiting.

I like Archer, but he had a high Home Run rate last year. That spells trouble in Yankee Stadium.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2372 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:The guy I want is Chris Archer. 28 years old. High K rate. Smart kid. Intense.

I like Archer, but he had a high Home Run rate last year. That spells trouble in Yankee Stadium.

Last year was kinda a fluky year, imo. Post ASB,, he was back to being a dominant ace.
Brooklyn Nets
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2373 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:36 pm

It's going to take a couple seasons for these young guys to find themselves. Don't expect ANY of these youngsters to come out and have a season like Sanchez had last year. THAT last quarter of the season was Mickey Mantle-esque. Unreal. I want these young guys to eventuall graduate to the 90s-esque team. 23-35 HR 80-100 RBIs with an average of .270-280. Within that range but most importantly VERY hard to strike out.

As for the pitching Staff....I haven't seen the Yanks with THIS hard of an ability to get FA pitching and farm SP in a very LONG time.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2374 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:It's going to take a couple seasons for these young guys to find themselves. Don't expect ANY of these youngsters to come out and have a season like Sanchez had last year. THAT last quarter of the season was Mickey Mantle-esque. Unreal. I want these young guys to eventuall graduate to the 90s-esque team. 23-35 HR 80-100 RBIs with an average of .270-280. Within that range but most importantly VERY hard to strike out.

As for the pitching Staff....I haven't seen the Yanks with THIS hard of an ability to get FA pitching and farm SP in a very LONG time.

Sanchez is for real. Miguel Cabrera like hitting ability. I see some Edwin Encarnacion as well. Dude is still knocking 30 HR's this year missing a month.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2375 » by levendis » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Last year was kinda a fluky year, imo. Post ASB,, he was back to being a dominant ace.

I like Archer too but for the Rays to trade into the division we would have to probably overpay like crazy. Not worth it.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2376 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I like Archer too but for the Rays to trade into the division we would have to probably overpay like crazy. Not worth it.

Rays are years away from competing and we have the most assets. It's not like we're rivals with the Rays.

It would take a haul to get a top 12-14 pitcher in the prime of his career. He's also only making 6.5 million the next 2 years.

Take Frazier+Chance Adams+Mateo+Andujar

Lets us keep Rutherford as our prized possession and Sheffield as our best pitching prospect. Let them try to find a deal that beats that one. They won't.
Brooklyn Nets
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#2377 » by levendis » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:54 pm

Mecca wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Rays are years away from competing and we have the most assets. It's not like we're rivals with the Rays.

It would take a haul to get a top 12-14 pitcher in the prime of his career. He's also only making 6.5 million the next 2 years.

Take Frazier+Chance Adams+Mateo+Andujar

Lets us keep Rutherford as our prized possession and Sheffield as our best pitching prospect. Let them try to find a deal that beats that one. They won't.

You would think that, but it just never happens. Teams are just totally against trading within the division. Especially in the AL East. That package would probably be enough. Id rather keep Frazier than Rutherford. Plenty of guys in single A that never make it. But Frazier is definitely more valuable to teams since he's in AAA.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#2378 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

He gave up like 4 home runs yesterday too, Rays was winning the game. He is very good but like Knicksfan said he gives up a lot of home runs and he's sometimes shaky. I rather keep the prospects and spend big on a pitcher in FA.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Re: RE: Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2379 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

He gave up like 4 home runs yesterday too, Rays was winning the game. He is very good but like Knicksfan said he gives up a lot of home runs and he's sometimes shaky. I rather keep the prospects and spend big on a pitcher in FA.

The problem is that very few if any top shelf starters make it to free agency while they are still on the good side of 30. Aside from Tanaka at seasons end the next big name starter set to hit free agency is Tanaka's countryman, Yu Darvish. And Darvish is already on the wrong side of 30 and has a history of arm problems.

Barring a mega trade, the Yankees best bet of landing a frontline starter is probably going after Shohei Ohtani in a couple years when he gets posted by his Japanese team. Even then all the talk of Ohtani being the Babe Ruth of Japan is overblown media hype and you just never know if you're getting a sure fire no.1, a no.2 or even a no.3 starter.

I was honestly actually surprised that Cashman reportedly turned down a trade proposal from the Nats for Andrew Miller who supposedly offered the no.1 starting pitching prospect in baseball at the time in Lucas Giolito and instead went with the Clint Frazier lead package...even though there were concerns about Giolito and his velocity.

But yeah it's going to cost an extra premium for the Yanks to get Archer even beyond what will already likely be a crazy asking price for the Ray's to trade him to the Yanks.

Sent from my SM-T377T using RealGM mobile app
BringBackLj!
Analyst

Re: RE: Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2380 » by BringBackLj! » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:22 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Mecca wrote:

The problem is that very few if any top shelf starters make it to free agency while they are still on the good side of 30. Aside from Tanaka at seasons end the next big name starter set to hit free agency is Tanaka's countryman, Yu Darvish. And Darvish is already on the wrong side of 30 and has a history of arm problems.

Barring a mega trade, the Yankees best bet of landing a frontline starter is probably going after Shohei Ohtani in a couple years when he gets posted by his Japanese team. Even then all the talk of Ohtani being the Babe Ruth of Japan is overblown media hype and you just never know if you're getting a sure fire no.1, a no.2 or even a no.3 starter.

I was honestly actually surprised that Cashman reportedly turned down a trade proposal from the Nats for Andrew Miller who supposedly offered the no.1 starting pitching prospect in baseball at the time in Lucas Giolito and instead went with the Clint Frazier lead package...even though there were concerns about Giolito and his velocity.

But yeah it's going to cost an extra premium for the Yanks to get Archer even beyond what will already likely be a crazy asking price for the Ray's to trade him to the Yanks.

Sent from my SM-T377T using RealGM mobile app

James Kaeperlin was our ACE, sucks he got hurt again. Best case scenerio he follows the Zach Wheeler Path, even wheeler was suppose to come back last year and had so many set backs. I don't believe him being a front line starter is no longer excepitions, at this point we just have to hope he makes it to the majors. Sheffield & Chance Adams are having great years down in the minors. I wonder if Front line starters will still be a thing of the future or if GMS will keep adding to the Pen. I know its crazy, but like the royals proved you only need 4-5 innings to win a world series..

what if some teams go even further and just develop these monster pens, Brian Kenny always says he'd had 16 relievers and throw 1- 1.5 inning plus everyday all consisting of closers . because it is so hard to find a stud ace, and then to commit so much money to a front of line starter is so scary. So many elbow and arm injuries thatare growing at an alarming rate. If i was a GM id find it very hard to give any pitcher 6-7 year contract.

Return to New York Knicks