ImageImageImageImageImage

Nick Wright of Fox Sports: Super Friends in NY in 2017

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,100

Nick Wright of Fox Sports: Super Friends in NY in 2017 

Post#1 » by sol537 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Video

He's predicting that Phil might be making a play to unite the Super Friends in NY next season when Rose and the rest of our roster comes off the books. It would be Zinger + Melo + Lebron + Wade + Paul. His reasoning is we currently have the most cap space for the 2017 off-season and Melo is already here as 1/4th of the group.

According this this article, James was quoted as saying:

I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together. At least one, maybe one or two seasons—me, Melo, D-Wade, CP—we can get a year in. I would actually take a pay cut to do that.

If we sign Wade this off-season to a 1+1 contract and/or if the rest of the free agents we sign are all on 1-year deals (which is possible if we strike out on Durant) then I wouldn't rule out the possibility of those four teaming up for 2-3 seasons in NY to win one together. This would be a good opportunity to do so... big market + cap space available + Wade/Paul/Melo are on the final stretches of their careers.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Re: Nick Wright of Fox Sports: Super Friends in NY in 2017 

Post#2 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

I highly doubt this comes to fruition. I think when Lebron was talking about that it was more tongue in cheek. Lets just focus on this offseason first.
#MKGA
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#3 » by DowNY » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/746795224651837443[/tweet]

Posted in the DRose thread yesterday.
sol537
RealGM

Post#4 » by sol537 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:24 pm

I think it's worthy of it's own thread because it make some sense if you put the facts together. A true pipe dream, but if Phil does limit himself to 1 year deals this season then he obviously has something very big planned for 2017.

I say we go after Wade this off-season on a 2-3 year deal. He would fit nicely next to Melo/KP/Rose and we could contend against Cleveland this season while maintaining our flexibility for next season.
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#5 » by CJackson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Unless he is FOS Phil wants to at least try to sign KD, so until that is resolved one way or another, none of these other scenarios have an iota of meaning
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#6 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:35 pm

This is not any less thread-worthy than most of the other crap that gets posted here.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#7 » by Ignitowsky » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:46 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:This is not any less thread-worthy than most of the other crap that gets posted here.

Sad but true
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Pjax4Prez
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#8 » by Pjax4Prez » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Honestly, don't want it to happen. 1 year from now is a long time for these players and with all of them, I doubt we could be a good defensive team consider their collective age
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#9 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:52 pm

I'll just stick to dreaming about Durant
3eePointGoal
Bench Warmer
And1: 877

Post#10 » by 3eePointGoal » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:53 pm

I know were starving for a championship, but nooo... I wouldn't want one like this. It wouldn't feel right. Cleveland can keep lebron, n I don't like wade. Paul I can accept. I know I know beggars can't be choosers, but I'll pass.

Threeee point goooal... Kristap Porrrzingizz
C- Andre Drummond, Jared Sullinger
PF- Zach Randolph, Marquese Chriss
SF- Danilo Gallinari, Jerami Grant
SG- Devin Booker, Arron Afflalo, Randy Foye
PG- Rajon Rondo, Emmanuel Mudiay

pmoney681@gmail.com
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#11 » by Polk377 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Honestly I can see this happening but the Knicks shouldn't forget this offseason in empty hopes. If they can sign Durant or Howard I would pull the trigger. If this team is going to win a title I want Melo as the leader not Lebron. Melo deserves it. He could have went to Chicago but decided to stay to get 1 here. You can say what you want about the money but I truly don't think it was about that.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,599

Post#12 » by Knick4Real » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:27 pm

3eePointGoal wrote:I know were starving for a championship, but nooo... I wouldn't want one like this. It wouldn't feel right. Cleveland can keep lebron, n I don't like wade. Paul I can accept. I know I know beggars can't be choosers, but I'll pass.

Threeee point goooal... Kristap Porrrzingizz

Hmmm, I sort of feel this way too. Is Lebron the only route to a championship these days??

I'm starved to win a chip. But would it really feel like THE KNICKS won if we had to bring in all these temporary outside guys for 1 year just to get it done?? Not so sure...
sol537
RealGM

Post#13 » by sol537 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:29 pm

at this point... I would take it any way I could get it...
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#14 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Not going to happen, but I would bathe in the rest of the country's NYC bias and hate
aj49689
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#15 » by aj49689 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:38 pm

When Lebron had said this, wade said to count him out. I don't think wade will ever come to NY. As for Lebron coming here, Cleveland is in winning championships mode as well as drawing other talented players in search for a championship. I doubt Lebron comes here unless Cleveland falls apart and NY is the next best thing for Super Friends. CP3, I can see him moving on from LA and small possibility he comes to NY. Westbrook seems like a small possibility as well, depends on if KD signs else where. I think if OKC core split up it would be a big mistake. I also think they just got worse with the last trade.

Rose would have to have a great year with the knicks in order for them to resign him next summer. The other problem I see is melo is getting old and he is no longer in his prime. That doesn't mean he can't play smarter and still make a big impact. We would need smart players like J. Kidd was for us years back. K.P. is good but after so long he will only be an average PF in the NBA. I think the knicks will compete next year as a contender and likely face the cav's in the conferences finals. Rose will get injured but not too serious. Maybe a month or so of off time. This team will play better then people first figured and I believe Phil will make a big move before season starts. (From rebuilding to contenders)

I feel like Dirk is ready to go else where and maybe he decides to go to the warriors. I also feel as if Steph Curry is gonna show signs next season of regressing. He wont shoot as many 3's and he will not be as confident as this last season. I don't think warriors win next year either. If KD leaves, he would likely go to the spurs. If we don't sign Howard, where would he go? Maybe he wants to come back to the east, maybe the Celtics, Hawks, or at worse the Nets.

Noah is only a good Idea if we can get him cheap enough as long as he wants to be reunited with Rose. Horford is a way better option but if we can rent a decent C or two we could wait until next year or make the right trade in the mean time.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.

CARROT SOUP!
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,599

Post#16 » by Knick4Real » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 pm

aj49689 wrote:When Lebron had said this, wade said to count him out. I don't think wade will ever come to NY. As for Lebron coming here, Cleveland is in winning championships mode as well as drawing other talented players in search for a championship. I doubt Lebron comes here unless Cleveland falls apart and NY is the next best thing for Super Friends. CP3, I can see him moving on from LA and small possibility he comes to NY. Westbrook seems like a small possibility as well, depends on if KD signs else where. I think if OKC core split up it would be a big mistake. I also think they just got worse with the last trade.

Rose would have to have a great year with the knicks in order for them to resign him next summer. The other problem I see is melo is getting old and he is no longer in his prime. That doesn't mean he can't play smarter and still make a big impact. We would need smart players like J. Kidd was for us years back. K.P. is good but after so long he will only be an average PF in the NBA. I think the knicks will compete next year as a contender and likely face the cav's in the conferences finals. Rose will get injured but not too serious. Maybe a month or so of off time. This team will play better then people first figured and I believe Phil will make a big move before season starts. (From rebuilding to contenders)

I feel like Dirk is ready to go else where and maybe he decides to go to the warriors. I also feel as if Steph Curry is gonna show signs next season of regressing. He wont shoot as many 3's and he will not be as confident as this last season. I don't think warriors win next year either. If KD leaves, he would likely go to the spurs. If we don't sign Howard, where would he go? Maybe he wants to come back to the east, maybe the Celtics, Hawks, or at worse the Nets.

Noah is only a good Idea if we can get him cheap enough as long as he wants to be reunited with Rose. Horford is a way better option but if we can rent a decent C or two we could wait until next year or make the right trade in the mean time.

GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#17 » by GYK » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:56 pm

That would be cool. Especially if it's get those guys next season. We have to get a good player with this upcoming pick. It does look like we are all in for 2017 so let's get everything else.
Treat Melo/Rose with kid gloves. Just to keep them in shape. Maybe shift into new roles like 3rd option and 6th man.
We need to focus on building a team outside of stars. I know people rave about the Spurs and Warriors bench. Some say they could be a starting unit. I think that's crazy. Nevertheless they are great bench. We need that. We need to build a bench that can be strong for a title team. Spacing. Defense. Ball movement. Galloway, Holiday, Thomas, Willy, O'Quinn, Plumlee, Early, Baker and I would Dorian Finney-Smith would be a good bench of role players. Especially if we can grab up Noah(who might be done) and Manu(who is done) for cultural purposes. If we can go to star talent and tell them this is your bench...
Rose/Galloway/Baker
Holiday/Early/Manu
Thomas/Finney-Smith
O'Quinn/Plumlee
Noah/Willy
I think we have stronger ground to stand on. Especially when you factor in it can be multiple stars coming at once. Melo is here to be a third. The 2017 pick should land a stud for the future. KP is here to be a stud for the future.
If it's the Super Friends or Durant and Westbrook, either way we need to have a team outside of them that needs little to no work. That plugging in their production makes us the favorites. Two future stars. A third option. A 6th man. Three and defense role players does this.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#18 » by AmazingJason » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Hope this never happens.

At least if Durant signed here, the process would have at least been organic and meaningful.

This super friends collusion garbage is f*cking lame.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#19 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:59 pm

They'll come to the Knicks like Gretzky came to the Rangers. At about that arc in their careers.
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#20 » by CJackson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
aj49689 wrote:When Lebron had said this, wade said to count him out. I don't think wade will ever come to NY. As for Lebron coming here, Cleveland is in winning championships mode as well as drawing other talented players in search for a championship. I doubt Lebron comes here unless Cleveland falls apart and NY is the next best thing for Super Friends. CP3, I can see him moving on from LA and small possibility he comes to NY. Westbrook seems like a small possibility as well, depends on if KD signs else where. I think if OKC core split up it would be a big mistake. I also think they just got worse with the last trade.

Seriously, how wrong can a person be?

Return to New York Knicks