ImageImageImageImageImage

#KD2NY Pt. II

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Re: #KD2NY Pt. II 

Post#741 » by Triple C » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm totally sure we won't know anything till 3 or 4 july, and then Woj will tweet something like "KD and the Knicks met saturday in NY" :lol:
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#742 » by StephNYKurry » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:04 pm

knickstape21 wrote:Phil Jackson is destroying the media and I love it. They have no idea what's going on with the Knicks. Surprised they even somewhat knew about the Rose trade, though.

The media knows what Phil wants them to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
will34
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,571

Post#743 » by will34 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Wonder if the Knicks have told KD to hold off on saying no to a meeting, we have another move to make, and KD is waiting. Would explain the limbo status. Maybe it's clearing room for another Max to sign with KD.

Can't Melo renegotiate downward or something?

Don't think so.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#744 » by makeitstop » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:06 pm

GONYK wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Wonder if the Knicks have told KD to hold off on saying no to a meeting, we have another move to make, and KD is waiting. Would explain the limbo status. Maybe it's clearing room for another Max to sign with KD.

Or we simply aren't in limbo

I keep saying this.

After getting caught ass-out on the coaching search, people should realize they're most likely not going to hear Thing One about a meeting or anything from the FO, and not be ready to jump to the conclusion that nothing is going on.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#745 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 pm

will34 wrote:

Don't think so.

The answer is no.
NewYorkPride85
Senior
And1: 353

Post#746 » by NewYorkPride85 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:Phil Jackson is destroying the media and I love it. They have no idea what's going on with the Knicks. Surprised they even somewhat knew about the Rose trade, though.

The media knows what Phil wants them to know

Agreed. Wouldn't be all that surprised if the Rose trade leak was intentional. Just look how much positive PR we got from it when it comes to players bringing up the move. Btw, it just so happens that it goes down a week before free agency start...coincidence? I think not.
makeitstop
General Manager

Post#747 » by makeitstop » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Triple C wrote:I'm totally sure we won't know anything till 3 or 4 july, and then Woj will tweet something like "KD and the Knicks met saturday in NY" :lol:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
epics2002
Senior
And1: 59

Post#748 » by epics2002 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:10 pm

I'm totally not surprised about the meeting not being announced. With KD and Melo hanging out all week, if there
was a meeting scheduled that was leaked OKC would be talking to the league about tampering charges. Smartest thing
is to say nothing. If July 3 comes and goes and no new info, then this isn't happening. But its too early to decide
either way. If Free Agent signings were based on who is in the lead on June 29, we would have had Lebron in 2010.
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 830

Post#749 » by Isiahthomass » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Here's my issue. Why would KD bail on a team that almost made the finals with a point guard as transcendent as Russell Westbrook to a team that barely won 32 games and has added a broken down Derrick Rose. With Golden State breaking down in the finals, revealing that they are, in fact, vulnerable after all, KD's best shot at a title is staying in OKC (or joining GS). Would be great to see him in a Knicks uni, I just can't convince myself even slightly that it will happen. It defies logic.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#750 » by frogfood » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 pm

If KD setting shop in the Hamptons, why can't we batten down the hatches, LA Clips/DeAndre style? Send it the Oakman too. Strongarm him to sign haha
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#751 » by GONYK » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Isiahthomass wrote:Here's my issue. Why would KD bail on a team that almost made the finals with a point guard as transcendent as Russell Westbrook to a team that barely won 32 games and has added a broken down Derrick Rose. With Golden State breaking down in the finals, revealing that they are, in fact, vulnerable after all, KD's best shot at a title is staying in OKC (or joining GS). Would be great to see him in a Knicks uni, I just can't convince myself even slightly that it will happen. It defies logic.

Because Westbrook might leave, the East is much easier than the West to compete in, and Porzingis is an animal.

Even then, it isn't likely
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#752 » by Apples » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Isiahthomass wrote:Here's my issue. Why would KD bail on a team that almost made the finals with a point guard as transcendent as Russell Westbrook to a team that barely won 32 games and has added a broken down Derrick Rose. With Golden State breaking down in the finals, revealing that they are, in fact, vulnerable after all, KD's best shot at a title is staying in OKC (or joining GS). Would be great to see him in a Knicks uni, I just can't convince myself even slightly that it will happen. It defies logic.

1. Eastern Conference
2. With Durant, on paper Knicks would be right there with the Cavs
3. Knows Westbrook isn't staying
4. Wants to sign somewhere this year and not do this song and dance again
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#753 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:18 pm

no one really expects him to

however players do like to control their own careers and the grass is greener philosophy prevails

he may see the east as a better path to a title
he may see jackson as the leader he wants to play for
he may see Rose, Melo and KP as a better bet than Westbrook, Adams, Kanter and Waiters especially if Westbrook is leaving next year
he may simply want change after the past several seasons including missing the playoffs last year
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#754 » by StephNYKurry » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:22 pm

It's like Phil is taking this opportunity to mock millenials...

All the jumpy, fidgety, ADHD driven hot takes kinda flame out when there's nothing there

What do I care...it's rigged anyway
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#755 » by DowNY » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Apples wrote:

1. Eastern Conference
2. With Durant, on paper Knicks would be right there with the Cavs
3. Knows Westbrook isn't staying
4. Wants to sign somewhere this year and not do this song and dance again

he's signing a 1+1 anywhere he signs most likely. Believes his max jumps from $26.4 to $28/29M.
makeitstop
General Manager

Post#756 » by makeitstop » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:30 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:It's like Phil is taking this opportunity to mock millenials...

All the jumpy, fidgety, ADHD driven hot takes kinda flame out when there's nothing there

:rofl: :lol:

Nailed it.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#757 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:34 pm

Has the optimism died down or are people still deluding themselves?
will34
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,571

Post#758 » by will34 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Has the optimism died down or are people still deluding themselves?

People are coming back to reality and are realizing Durant won't sign here.
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,409

Post#759 » by ag3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm already in the phase where we curse out Durant for not giving his supposed good friends team a meeting.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#760 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:37 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/748217015370801152[/tweet]
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015

Return to New York Knicks