ImageImageImageImageImage

Hassan Whiteside - would you target him

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

jermsknicks
Senior
And1: 254

Re: Hassan Whiteside - would you target him 

Post#41 » by jermsknicks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:20 am

Just a few names that will be around in a year that we would need KP to guard along with worry about trying to anchor our defense. Whiteside is at least young enough that we could get a solid 4 years out of.

DeAndre Jordan
Jonas Valanciunas
Andre Drummond
Steven Adams
Dwight Howard
Tristan Thompson
Hassan Whiteside
EdgeOf
Junior
And1: 92

Post#42 » by EdgeOf » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:33 am

msanchez2725 wrote:The only thing the Knicks should be doing this offseason is signing players to 1 year deals. Only exception would be Durant, of course. But outside of that nothing really excites me. I would go 1 year deals, spread it out so we have some depth and see what we can do. Next year's free agency will be so much better, no need to waste that money. Especially with the cap going to $110-$115 mil.

Go into the 2017 offseason with Melo and KP, Willy H, whoever we draft (1st rd and two 2nds in a very deep draft), and around $70 mil of cap space in free agency to get a couple of big fish. And if we strike out, trade Melo and rebuild around KP with all our future 1sts. Not too hard to plan for. Phil just needs to excersise some of that Zen like patience and let things come to him, instead of forcing a move. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, this. Saving the money is a much better option
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#43 » by AmazingJason » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:45 am

Whiteside is a cancer, so no. We just brought in Rose. While he is not a cancer, he isn't a choir boy either. Too many of these types is not good.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
NYKMentality85
Analyst
And1: 1,204

Post#44 » by NYKMentality85 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:48 pm

I absolutely love Whiteside's game as a true 7' foot Center.

His athleticism down low is that of a DeAndre Jordan. He contests anything & everything as a freakish shot blocker & is also without question one of the best rebounders within the game today. As was Tyson Chandler he's also an animal of a finisher down low.

If we can't land Kevin Durant, then i feel that Whiteside is the next best thing in terms of being able to impact our franchise moving forward.

He's made the most of his opportunities over the past two years with Miami & at the age of only 27 still has room for nothing but improvement & should be a top 3-5 NBA Center for the next 5 years.

Last year this kid ranked...

- 3rd in Field Goal Percentage (.606%) only behind the likes of DeAndre Jordan & Dwight Howard.

- 3rd in Rebounds (11.6 boards per gm) only behind the likes of Andre Drummond & DeAndre Jordan.

- 1st in blocked shots leading the NBA with 3.68 blocks per game. 3.68 blocks per game? That's almost Dikembe Mutombo like during Dikembe's prime years.

- Top 10 (9th) in scoring amongst NBA Centers @ 14.2 points per game.

You surround this kid who just turned only 27 years of age with the likes of Rose, Anthony & Porzingis and his overall game will continue to improve as he continues to develop & mature into his own.

In closing a duo of Porzingis & Whiteside would give N.Y our very own version of 'Twin-Towers'. Porzingis at PF along with Whiteside at Center would instantly become our strongest big men combo dating back to days of Charles Oakley & Patrick Ewing. Porzingis & Whiteside together would rebound everything above the rim & swat anything in the air. Porzingis & Whiteside would then create for a dynamic duo @ both PF & Center positions.

I'd have no problem with either of Noah or Howard. I like both big men. i just feel that Whiteside would give us the best long-term investment while also starting the process of 'building around Porzingis'.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#45 » by King of Canada » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:58 pm

I'd rather have Whiteside over Howard, but I also don't want to lock up that kind of money on somebody that didn't make their team better all the time last year and who is kind of a question mark.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Hassan Whiteside - would you target him 

Post#46 » by BKAY » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:52 pm

I mean he's younger than Thon Maker but he's not that young.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#47 » by CoolKids » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:58 pm

no. All about the money. Not a team player. Not smart. Not skilled. Seems like the kind of guy who wont have much longevity. I think he mails it in once he sings that contract
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#48 » by reub » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:01 pm

EdgeOf wrote:
msanchez2725 wrote:The only thing the Knicks should be doing this offseason is signing players to 1 year deals. Only exception would be Durant, of course. But outside of that nothing really excites me. I would go 1 year deals, spread it out so we have some depth and see what we can do. Next year's free agency will be so much better, no need to waste that money. Especially with the cap going to $110-$115 mil.

Go into the 2017 offseason with Melo and KP, Willy H, whoever we draft (1st rd and two 2nds in a very deep draft), and around $70 mil of cap space in free agency to get a couple of big fish. And if we strike out, trade Melo and rebuild around KP with all our future 1sts. Not too hard to plan for. Phil just needs to excersise some of that Zen like patience and let things come to him, instead of forcing a move. Just my 2 cents.

Save the money for what?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,133

Post#49 » by Capn'O » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Not as an early target. He has some obvious destinations between resigning with Miami, Portland, and a few others.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#50 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:50 pm

RHODEY wrote:
coopnyc74 wrote:He's a bit of a douche and not in a tough guy way, more in an entitled and needs to be babysitted way. So that's a no.

Kinda like Howard....

Except Howard had proven his elite ability for a long time in the NBA. Hassan dreams he could of had 1/100 the career
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,478

Post#51 » by RHODEY » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:57 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
coopnyc74 wrote:He's a bit of a douche and not in a tough guy way, more in an entitled and needs to be babysitted way. So that's a no.

Kinda like Howard....

Except Howard had proven his elite ability for a long time in the NBA. Hassan dreams he could of had 1/100 the career

Howard still has a lot to prove and his best years are behind him.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#52 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:20 pm

RHODEY wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Kinda like Howard....

Howard still has a lot to prove and his best years are behind him.

Compared to Dwight Hassan's career isn't even a blip on the radar.

And yes I agree best years behind him.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#53 » by riter » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 pm

EdgeOf wrote:

bird in the hand.
You sign Whiteside if you can. He is an asset.
Whiteside/KP/Melo in 2017.
If, and that's a big if, the Knicks are in a position to sign 2 true max players---then Whiteside is moved.

there is no need to turn down an elite athlete, shot blocker, and rebounder, now in the hopes of having 2 max slots later.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#54 » by seren » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 pm

I got a really bad feeling about this dude. Too much of a risk at max. He needs to show more. Plus he was bad defensively.
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#55 » by Big Chan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:03 pm

I feel like once he signs his contract he won't be hungry anymore, I also think we won't get too much of a drop off signing Noah or mozgov for almost half of what he will get. Too many question marks with Whiteside
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#56 » by nykfan42 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Punk. Overrated. Will be overpaid. No. Move on from this flash in the pan.
Make the Knicks great again!
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#57 » by nykfan42 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:28 pm

King of Canada wrote:I'd rather have Whiteside over Howard, but I also don't want to lock up that kind of money on somebody that didn't make their team better all the time last year and who is kind of a question mark.

I'd rather have neither.
Make the Knicks great again!
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#58 » by sushibear » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:07 pm

I would have to pass. I dont think it would work out for him here. We're trying to win and he seems like a guy thats also trying to learn how to win. You can tell he's all about that benjamin first and basketball 3rd.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#59 » by boomann21 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:10 pm

AmazingJason wrote:Whiteside is a cancer, so no. We just brought in Rose. While he is not a cancer, he isn't a choir boy either. Too many of these types is not good.

What did Derrick Rose do except get hurt all the time? I thought Jimmy Butler was the Bull causing waves in the locker room.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#60 » by CoolKids » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:13 pm

riter wrote:
EdgeOf wrote:

bird in the hand.
You sign Whiteside if you can. He is an asset.
Whiteside/KP/Melo in 2017.
If, and that's a big if, the Knicks are in a position to sign 2 true max players---then Whiteside is moved.

there is no need to turn down an elite athlete, shot blocker, and rebounder, now in the hopes of having 2 max slots later.

when he shows up out of shape and averages 6 and 5 will he be an asset then?

Return to New York Knicks