ImageImageImageImageImage

Mindaugas Kuzminskas to Knicks

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RealGM
And1: 39,218

Re: Mindaugas Kuzminskas to Knicks 

Post#1301 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:12 pm

9-MAN ROTATION w/ MINS DISTRIBUTION
Rose - 31
Lee - 29
Anthony - 34
Porzingis - 32
Noah - 30
---------------------------------------
Jennings - 28
Thomas - 25
Holiday - 16
O'Quinn - 15

Kuzminskas, Hernangomez, and Ndour will get minutes organically, meaning they'll have to earn it or step up if/when injuries occur.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1302 » by magnumt » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:27 pm

2010 wrote:9-MAN ROTATION w/ MINS DISTRIBUTION
Rose - 31
Lee - 29
Anthony - 34
Porzingis - 32
Noah - 30
Jennings - 28
Thomas - 25
Holiday - 16
O'Quinn - 15

Kuzminskas, Hernangomez, and Ndour will get minutes organically, meaning they'll have to earn it or step up if/when injuries occur.

I'm guessing Melo comes frown to around 30MPG and about 4-5 MPG less for Thomas. Those combined minutes will likely go to Kuz.

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1303 » by reub » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:45 am

I'm not too sure about the slow footed, showboat passing, hands of stone, poor defense playing O'Quinn. I hope he comes to camp much lighter and with more fight or he could end up behind Willy.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1304 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Rose - 31
Lee - 29
Anthony - 34
Porzingis - 32
Noah - 30
Jennings - 28
Thomas - 25
Holiday - 16
O'Quinn - 15

I think we will see something very similar to this, to start. Deciding if one of the newbies deserves more floor time is going to be one of the major tasks of the new coach. There are two ways this could happen: one of the starters disappoints or is injured, or one of the newbies is just so incredibly good. I'd love to see one of the new guys earn more minutes, but I'm not counting on that to happen in the first half.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#1305 » by CJackson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:11 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Rose - 31
Lee - 29
Anthony - 34
Porzingis - 32
Noah - 30
Jennings - 28
Thomas - 25
Holiday - 16
O'Quinn - 15

I think we will see something very similar to this, to start. Deciding if one of the newbies deserves more floor time is going to be one of the major tasks of the new coach. There are two ways this could happen: one of the starters disappoints or is injured, or one of the newbies is just so incredibly good. I'd love to see one of the new guys earn more minutes, but I'm not counting on that to happen in the first half.

I'm picking Ndour as the dark horse who rises up into the rotation and gets steady minutes. I think the guy may turn out to be a total freak and a huge pick-up.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1306 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:21 pm

CJackson wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Rose - 31
Lee - 29
Anthony - 34
Porzingis - 32
Noah - 30
Jennings - 28
Thomas - 25
Holiday - 16
O'Quinn - 15

I'm picking Ndour as the dark horse who rises up into the rotation and gets steady minutes. I think the guy may turn out to be a total freak and a huge pick-up.

I'd love to see this, because it would mean he'd have to be a lot better than the other players and could really help the team. I wish each of them the best in trying to become something special, but I do think that Ndour is the the one most likely to.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

CJackson
General Manager

Post#1307 » by CJackson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:28 pm

BKlutch wrote:
CJackson wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I think we will see something very similar to this, to start. Deciding if one of the newbies deserves more floor time is going to be one of the major tasks of the new coach. There are two ways this could happen: one of the starters disappoints or is injured, or one of the newbies is just so incredibly good. I'd love to see one of the new guys earn more minutes, but I'm not counting on that to happen in the first half.

I'd love to see this, because it would mean he'd have to be a lot better than the other players and could really help the team. I wish each of them the best in trying to become something special, but I do think that Ndour is the the one most likely to.

Ndour is really the only one in bench talent pool who looks like they could be impactful as a disruptor on defense. If he shows an ability to pick up opportunistic points, some intelligence in moving off the ball on offense and a decent jumper he may have the most two-way potential in the whole bunch. A hunch.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1308 » by reub » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:40 pm

CJackson wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
CJackson wrote:

Ndour is really the only one in bench talent pool who looks like they could be impactful as a disruptor on defense. If he shows an ability to pick up opportunistic points, some intelligence in moving off the ball on offense and a decent jumper he may have the most two-way potential in the whole bunch. A hunch.

Like Thanasis was? Honestly, I have great hope for NDour too.
CJackson
General Manager

Post#1309 » by CJackson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:55 pm

ClydeRules wrote:
CJackson wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

Probably similar actually in the way Thanassis would have been able to make his mark if he was an NBA player. If Ndour is as much of a ball hawk as I think he might be he probably can do more than the occasional rejection which is really all I remember the Greek doing.
Swoosh_Stripes
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#1310 » by Swoosh_Stripes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:22 pm

magnumt wrote:
Rose - 31
Lee - 29
Anthony - 34
Porzingis - 32
Noah - 30
Jennings - 28
Thomas - 25
Holiday - 16
O'Quinn - 15

I'm guessing Melo comes frown to around 30MPG and about 4-5 MPG less for Thomas. Those combined minutes will likely go to Kuz.

--Mags

More like, take 3 - 4 minutes off Melo and 16 minutes off Holiday and give them to Sadsha, we may not want to see him get PT but just like last season he will.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1311 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:30 pm

ClydeRules wrote:
CJackson wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

Haha I'm hoping NOT like Thanasis. But we really just need to see. It's going to be a harsh September.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1312 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:35 pm

Swoosh_Stripes wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Rose - 31
Lee - 29
Anthony - 34
Porzingis - 32
Noah - 30
Jennings - 28
Thomas - 25
Holiday - 16
O'Quinn - 15

--Mags

More like, take 3 - 4 minutes off Melo and 16 minutes off Holiday and give them to Sadsha, we may not want to see him get PT but just like last season he will.

And you would know this how?

Swoosh_Stripes
Pro Prospect
And1: 238

Post#1313 » by Swoosh_Stripes » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:52 am

BKlutch wrote:
Swoosh_Stripes wrote:
magnumt wrote:

--Mags

And you would know this how?

Never said I know it, I'm giving my opinion like everyone else.
RealGM

Post#1314 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:56 am

Y'all buggin if you think Melo drops to 30mpg :lol:

reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1315 » by reub » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:14 am

Melo looked a little old and out of breath at the Olympics. When his shot isn't falling he should be watching more often. We have the depth this year to play the players who are performing well and not just those who we hope will perform well.
RealGM

Post#1316 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:29 am

ClydeRules wrote:Melo looked a little old and out of breath at the Olympics. When his shot isn't falling he should be watching more often. We have the depth this year to play the players who are performing well and not just those who we hope will perform well.

You talking as if Melo is washed up and there are so many better options in our lineups. Our roster isn't even deep. We got six proven guys, Lance has only had 1 breakout season, Holiday is a journeyman, KOQ is inconsistent and foul-prone, and the rest are unproven in the NBA.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#1317 » by GONYK » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 am

ClydeRules wrote:Melo looked a little old and out of breath at the Olympics. When his shot isn't falling he should be watching more often. We have the depth this year to play the players who are performing well and not just those who we hope will perform well.

So you think Melo is getting benched for Kuzminskas or Lance?

:lol:
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#1318 » by Johnny Hoops » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:18 am

GONYK wrote:

Melo should get 40 mins a night on his pure leadership skills alone.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#1319 » by GONYK » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 am

Johnny Hoops wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Melo should get 40 mins a night on his pure leadership skills alone.

Probably. Dad Melo rules.

But, I guess we'll have to settle for 36 mins on talent alone.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#1320 » by reub » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:35 am

He should play when he's playing well and sit when he's not. He's not a great player now. Do you really want to play him when he's shooting 2 for 11 and playing hero ball? Not me. We've got alternatives this year.

Return to New York Knicks