ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis for Westbrook

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Would you trade Porzingis for Westbrook?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 7, 2016 3:19 pm

NO
90%
YES
10%

Total votes: 246

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,492

Re: Porzingis for Westbrook 

Post#301 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:29 pm

br7knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Not mad at ya at all but I don't see any logical reason for Melo to waive the NTC to go to Boston

Maybe not. I've never been as convinced of that as others though. Now they have Horford. They were a good team, which did badly in the playoffs, and with him and Horford they can at least make a legit claim to being the main challenger in the East to the Cavs, though I too am not enamored with Boston's roster.

you know, KG, i hate melo on this team more than anyone on this board. but i hate westbrook more than melo. at least melo is cognitively aware that people like or dislike him. you could punch westbrook in the face, tell him there's a shiny butterfly above him, and he'll completely forget that you smacked him across his 80 IQ head.

unless the knicks are getting young, worthwhile players or picks back, i don't see the point; maybe a salary dump for next year's cap increase?

I don't hate Melo and I like how intense and talented Westbrook is. But I also know what you're saying. West seems like the latest shiny object who will not be so shiny once we get him into MSG. We need a top wing to go with KP for the long haul, but I doubt it's Westbrook who should be that guy.

Can't we just find the next D-Wade? There, that wasn't so hard.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#302 » by br7knicks » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:14 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Maybe not. I've never been as convinced of that as others though. Now they have Horford. They were a good team, which did badly in the playoffs, and with him and Horford they can at least make a legit claim to being the main challenger in the East to the Cavs, though I too am not enamored with Boston's roster.

you know, KG, i hate melo on this team more than anyone on this board. but i hate westbrook more than melo. at least melo is cognitively aware that people like or dislike him. you could punch westbrook in the face, tell him there's a shiny butterfly above him, and he'll completely forget that you smacked him across his 80 IQ head.

unless the knicks are getting young, worthwhile players or picks back, i don't see the point; maybe a salary dump for next year's cap increase?

I don't hate Melo and I like how intense and talented Westbrook is. But I also know what you're saying. West seems like the latest shiny object who will not be so shiny once we get him into MSG. We need a top wing to go with KP for the long haul, but I doubt it's Westbrook who should be that guy.

But don't the knicks have a better chance of getting the next dwade through the draft versus a 1 year rental?

You may not hate melo (I don't hate him as a person), but I certainly don't want him on my favorite team.

I just don't see the logic in moving melo for westbrook. I know that melo hurts the chance of thus franchise winning a championship here anytime soon. But I'm finally seeing the benefit of him helping younger players like KP. Since the knicks won't win a championship with melo as a main focal point of the franchise, I'm ok with him sticking around unless he can be used to acquire young talent that the knicks can build around
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,492

Post#303 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:18 pm

br7knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

But don't the knicks have a better chance of getting the next dwade through the draft versus a 1 year rental?

You may not hate melo (I don't hate him as a person), but I certainly don't want him on my favorite team.

I just don't see the logic in moving melo for westbrook. I know that melo hurts the chance of thus franchise winning a championship here anytime soon. But I'm finally seeing the benefit of him helping younger players like KP. Since the knicks won't win a championship with melo as a main focal point of the franchise, I'm ok with him sticking around unless he can be used to acquire young talent that the knicks can build around

Yes I think we have a much better chance of drafting the next D-Wade. In my Melo for West idea, which I only said was the only one I'd consider -- of the 3 possibilities being thrown around, maybe you turn West into the 2nd/3rd scorer. What if you can get Durant or Steph here along with him? Not likely but you can't rule it out. West as a true 3rd option is at least worth considering, if he'd play it well (I have my doubts, as you do).
br7knicks

Post#304 » by br7knicks » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Yes I think we have a much better chance of drafting the next D-Wade. In my Melo for West idea, which I only said was the only one I'd consider -- of the 3 possibilities being thrown around, maybe you turn West into the 2nd/3rd scorer. What if you can get Durant or Steph here along with him? Not likely but you can't rule it out. West as a true 3rd option is at least worth considering, if he'd play it well (I have my doubts, as you do).

while i certainly like your idea, as i think it helps the knicks, as well as against GSW and any of the powerhouses in the west. i just don't trust any FA to want to come to NY since the best have always passed on NY - they seem to only use NY as leverage to a better contract for a better team. the knicks have been stuck with melo and amare as FA who want to sign with NY, who have done nothing but cause this team to be stuck in basketball purgatory. neither of those two, especially melo since he's been around so long, can help this franchise win anything. that's why i just feel the knicks going after any REAL FA is futile.

that being said, i do like your idea. i just don't think it's plausible because i'm pessimistic about my favorite basketball team, and the best the knicks could come up with are amare and melo, who, overall, have produced nothing for this franchise.
RIP, magnumt '19

KnickMan
Pro Prospect
And1: 204

Post#305 » by KnickMan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:05 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
KnickMan wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I don't want him either. He's a ball hog and lousy decision-maker especially in the fourth quarter.

THIS!

I don't know why more commentators are not talking about this. His BB IQ (while somewhat improved) is his weakness. In fact, one of the reasons I believe Durant left OKC was to get away from this dude. Especially after game 6 when he had like two crucial turnovers playing "hero ball" that allowed GS to take the lead.

Durant said to himself, "ENOUGH ALREADY".

Westbrook's weaknesses cause his team to lose in the conference finals...the Knicks usually struggle to just make the playoffs.

Westbrook
Lee
Melo
KP
Noah

That would be the best team NY has seen in ages.

Dude we won't have KP. That is the point. If Westbrook signs as a free agent then fine but I am not trading KP for him. Sorry.
"Tier 1 Asset Accumulation"
http://www.greatfinancialoptions.com
br7knicks

Post#306 » by br7knicks » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:32 am

is a deal that's been brought up on this board many, many times, and is one that the knicks would/should reject if they want respectability
RIP, magnumt '19

Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#307 » by Bill Pidto » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 am

Damn... lock this thing. KP for Westbrook is a no-go.

Return to New York Knicks