ImageImageImageImageImage

Chasson Randle in talk with Knicks and 2 other teams

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Re: Chasson Randle in talk with Knicks and 2 other teams 

Post#41 » by Kampuchea » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:03 am

Want a veteran guard, don't see Randle as a keeper. With injuries we may need to rely on the 3rd PG for a decent amount of play time. Not feeling good about doing that with d leaguers
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#42 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:17 am

I like both randle and baker. They can shoot and defend. 3&d role players are useful in Nba. Either one of them would be nice 3rd stringer backup to play 10-15mpg when one of rose/jennings not available.
We can look for hinrich ridnour type vet. guards but you cant expect much from them.
If we invest in those young players they can become our delladova.

Our young backup pg experience wasnt good.
However it wasnt related with being young.
J. Grant couldnt shoot and S.Larkin couldnt defend so their weakness got exposed against 2nd unit too.
Fisher/Rambis pure triangle system wasnt beneficial for our guards too. Wthout p&r plays we let opponent pg's rest on defense.

I believe both Baker/Randle deserves a chance to be on team.
I wont lose sleep on for them but i hope they stay with knicks and westchester.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#43 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:32 pm

I have to admit that I saw about equal time from baker and Randal

They are sorta opposites.

Baker was a very impressive ball mover, body mover and seemed pretty agressive on d. His shot was independence but there.

Randal also moved well without the ball, from what I saw, but he seemed to shoot every time he got it. That's not to say he shouldn't. He was pretty darn solid on that end

In truth I think they both should stick and either Ndour or plumlee has to earn his spot. I suspect plumlee, despite his size and pedigree, has the least skill to contribute
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,349

Post#44 » by rajajackal » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:31 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:I have to admit that I saw about equal time from baker and Randal

Baker was a very impressive ball mover, body mover and seemed pretty agressive on d. His shot was independence but there.

Randal also moved well without the ball, from what I saw, but he seemed to shoot every time he got it. That's not to say he shouldn't. He was pretty darn solid on that end

In truth I think they both should stick and either Ndour or plumlee has to earn his spot. I suspect plumlee, despite his size and pedigree, has the least skill to contribute

i'd keep ndour. we need more depth at PF than C (noah/KOQ/willy)
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#45 » by captvict » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:33 pm

knicks will get "out-bid" as always
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#46 » by Greenie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:26 pm

el13adnino wrote:
Greenie wrote:Chasson is

:lol: (Lets see who gets it)

chase N cashe

yassssss

my smoke music :lol:
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#47 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:35 pm

rajajackal wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:I have to admit that I saw about equal time from baker and Randal

i'd keep ndour. we need more depth at PF than C (noah/KOQ/willy)

Probably so

At least depth in the sense of a guy who can use space, defend and run

But the pf/c positions are not badly manned right now without plumlee

KOQ, KP, Noah, willy, melo, Ndour
That's 6 for 3 positions
Granted that melo probably plays more sf than pf but he's certainly capable

And smaller ball is the new game

I guess it'll be up to Ndour and plumlee to fight it out for that spot
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,559

Post#48 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:47 pm

So Plumlee has a guaranteed contract and Baker's is partially guaranteed. If both are cut, they receive their cash and can be signed to a Dleague contract. Is that right? And is that an effective way to circumvent the Dleague salary ceiling?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#49 » by AllanH20 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Agree here, I like plumlee the least out of all of them. He should be the one who has to earn his spot on the roster. Hopefully Baker/Randle/Ndour make the roster.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
Orange Mamba
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#50 » by Orange Mamba » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:19 pm

Yes please
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#51 » by Greenie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Fat Kat wrote:So Plumlee has a guaranteed contract and Baker's is partially guaranteed. If both are cut, they receive their cash and can be signed to a Dleague contract. Is that right? And is that an effective way to circumvent the Dleague salary ceiling?

I have no clue.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,974

Post#52 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:28 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:rather lance

He's unemployed for a reason. He's a headache and clearly doesn't produce enough to make him worth it. Would much rather take a shot on a guy like Randle

Nope, Knicks are the only team and fan base aware that Born Ready is looking for work.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#53 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Greenie wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:So Plumlee has a guaranteed contract and Baker's is partially guaranteed. If both are cut, they receive their cash and can be signed to a Dleague contract. Is that right? And is that an effective way to circumvent the Dleague salary ceiling?

I have no clue.

There would be a moratorium on when they could rejoin the organization after being released.

The way to string them along in the d-league would be to have only signed them to westchester, which wasn't happening. They want shots to make the team out of camp, or at least some paper. That's a different level of leverage when you're willing to go NBDL and just wait. Sometimes that risk pays off, but more guys would rather eat. Can't blame them.

I'd play pretty much anywhere in the world for mid 6 figures. And I'd rather keep my day job than play for 25k.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#54 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:38 pm

AllanH20 wrote:

Agree here, I like plumlee the least out of all of them. He should be the one who has to earn his spot on the roster. Hopefully Baker/Randle/Ndour make the roster.

They all have to earn it and have proven little or nothing. That's what camp is for.

Ndour at least played ACB last year. he's earned the respect of his multi year deal.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#55 » by MelosSoreWrist » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:47 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:

He's unemployed for a reason. He's a headache and clearly doesn't produce enough to make him worth it. Would much rather take a shot on a guy like Randle

Huge difference in ceiling though. Can't deny that.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,559

Post#56 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I have no clue.

There would be a moratorium on when they could rejoin the organization after being released.

The way to string them along in the d-league would be to have only signed them to westchester, which wasn't happening. They want shots to make the team out of camp, or at least some paper. That's a different level of leverage when you're willing to go NBDL and just wait. Sometimes that risk pays off, but more guys would rather eat. Can't blame them.

I'd play pretty much anywhere in the world for mid 6 figures. And I'd rather keep my day job than play for 25k.

Gotcha, but how does this apply

NBA teams can designate up to four players that they cut during training camp as “affiliate players,” meaning those players will join that team’s NBA D-League affiliate (should the players choose to sign into the NBA D-League). These players are signed under contract with the league rather than the team, however, meaning they are technically free agents who can be called up to any of the 30 NBA teams.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#57 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Plumlee seems to be a poor man's Cole Aldrich. In a few years, he could be a 3rd 5 for a decent team, or the backup 5 for the Nets.

Ndour could be an upgrade over DWill. We'll have to see which of Randle and Baker get the nod. Both offer a lot, but they're different.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#58 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:22 pm

lol this dude randle treating himself as if he's something.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#59 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

Nope, Knicks are the only team and fan base aware that Born Ready is looking for work.

they also know born ready is a low iq cancer who should be no where near new york.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#60 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:25 pm

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

Huge difference in ceiling though. Can't deny that.

ceiling means nothing, did you not witnessed the isiah era?

all he ever got was high ceiling players and it blew up in his face.
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks