ImageImageImageImageImage

Amare Retires

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Amare Retires 

Post#161 » by digitaldropoff » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:21 pm

siar617 wrote:in a way he started us on the path we are on now. Before him no one wanted to come here

Isn't it ironic?.....since no one want him to come to their team at all that year.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#162 » by Thorn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:55 pm

This is an intriguing development for an organization that hasn’t exactly been historically loyal to its players. Keep in mind, this is the same Knicks organization that let Walt Frazier end his career with the Cleveland Cavaliers and traded Patrick Ewing to the Seattle SuperSonics.

If loyalty is the new trend in New York, then Knicks fans have an organization to be proud of.

https://dailyknicks.com/2016/07/27/knicks-rumors-phoenix-suns-snubbed-amare-stoudemire/
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#163 » by CJackson » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:37 pm

So signing that last phony contract with NYC was a sign of loyalty and honor, right? It seemed hokey then and even less meaningful now.

Stat couldn't even get that last trophy contract from Phoenix so he settled on the Knicks instead. Whatever Amare.

I thought the guy was often ridiculous and not worth taking seriously anyway. I see all the homages to his willingness to work hard, but the guy said and did too much stupidity to accept from a $100M man.

Even working hard to overcome injuries is to me more or less nullified by the fact that he could work on his post game, but he still couldn't be bothered to study and learn even a lick about defense. On defense, Stat was the Jose Calderon of power forwards.

Yes, a beast as a fast break jammer in his prime, but mostly a massive waste of money as a Knick.

Amar'e Stoudemire had hoped to return to the Phoenix Suns to finish his career.

Stoudemire retired from the NBA by signing a one-day ceremonial contract with the the New York Knicks. Stoudemire signed with the Knicks in free agency in 2010 and then played for the Mavericks in 2015 and Heat in 15-16 after being bought out.

“The last two years, we made phone calls to Phoenix but I wasn’t getting any positive response,” Stoudemire said on Thursday. “That would’ve been the perfect way to go out. I didn’t want to beg Phoenix. My heart was in two places – Phoenix and New York. I just went where I was wanted.”
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,184

Post#164 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:12 pm

I think what strikes me about all this is how little gratitude the Phoenix Suns fans seem to have.
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#165 » by GIMME_DATT » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,154

Post#166 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:04 pm

knicksh20b wrote:I think what strikes me about all this is how little gratitude the Phoenix Suns fans seem to have.

Maybe they're following the lead of their ownership.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#167 » by MelosSoreWrist » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:03 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Okay, fun offseason question. In a battle of uber athletic power forwards who you taking LJ, McDyess, Kemp, Stat, or Larry Nance? Let's stick to their prime years. I'd go LJ.

Where is Webber?

Anyway, its Shawn Kemp for me. I know there is a lot of LJ fans here but prime vs prime, he cant really compare. Neither does Stat when you consider in defense and rebounding. Prime Stat might be the best offensive player in the group though.

My list

Kemp
Nance
Stat
LJ
McDyess
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#168 » by sushibear » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:07 am

After all that this clown just said he still bleeds purple and orange. He wanted to play 1 more year with the suns before retiring with them but the suns had other plans. **** amare. fake hustle and just fake everything. Out of all the knicks who has retired, this mofo is the most fake.

“They brought back Jared and Leandro, my boys,” Stoudemire said. “That would’ve been a heck of a way to finish. I wasn’t just going to keep knocking on someone’s door that wasn’t going to answer.

It wasnt just a one day contracted he wanted with the suns. this fool wanted some burn time with them. when they said no, Amare crawled to the knicks and retired with a one day contract. I actually want to hear the suns and the knicks story not just stoudemires side. This dude is a clown im sorry.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#169 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:11 am

sushibear wrote:After all that this clown just said he still bleeds purple and orange. He wanted to play 1 more year with the suns before retiring with them but the suns had other plans. **** amare. fake hustle and just fake everything. Out of all the knicks who has retired, this mofo is the most fake.

“They brought back Jared and Leandro, my boys,” Stoudemire said. “That would’ve been a heck of a way to finish. I wasn’t just going to keep knocking on someone’s door that wasn’t going to answer.

It wasnt just a one day contracted he wanted with the suns. this fool wanted some burn time with them. when they said no, Amare crawled to the knicks and retired with a one day contract. I actually want to hear the suns and the knicks story not just stoudemires side. This dude is a clown im sorry.

This is all true.

It's kind of full circle in a way :lol:

In 2010 he wanted to return to the Suns but the money was off and they weren't rocking with his insured knees so he came to us.

2016 he wants to return to the Suns but they weren't rocking with him so he came to us.
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#170 » by CJackson » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:42 am

sushibear wrote:After all that this clown just said he still bleeds purple and orange. He wanted to play 1 more year with the suns before retiring with them but the suns had other plans. **** amare. fake hustle and just fake everything. Out of all the knicks who has retired, this mofo is the most fake.

I think so much about Amare was fake hustle. I really don't care about him at all. I have nothing against him personally, but he is mostly an idiot so I can't take him seriously. And I feel no loyalty to him as a former Knick. I don't get the adulation. Well, I do. It is those who live off his high flying days with Nash, but the guy was a disaster as a Knick. Sure, he wanted to do well. But in the end he felt like just another in a long line of overpaid, underperfoming me-first players. Punching the fire extinguisher was one of the all-time stupidest things I've ever seen an athlete do to sabotage his team. When he did that, I was done with him. He was a gossipy, uninteresting guy who said dopey things and I don't miss him dragging down this team's cap one bit.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#171 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:01 am

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Okay, fun offseason question. In a battle of uber athletic power forwards who you taking LJ, McDyess, Kemp, Stat, or Larry Nance? Let's stick to their prime years. I'd go LJ.

Where is Webber?

Anyway, its Shawn Kemp for me. I know there is a lot of LJ fans here but prime vs prime, he cant really compare. Neither does Stat when you consider in defense and rebounding. Prime Stat might be the best offensive player in the group though.

My list

Kemp
Nance
Stat
LJ
McDyess

I look at Weber as more of a skill guy.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#172 » by sushibear » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:45 am

Its funny how these posters say once a knick always a knick but all of these highlights posted on here was when he was with the suns, literally. I understand loyalty and respect but some of you are not reading the full story here.

Amare first choice was to retire with the suns, he even said afterwards he still bleeds orange and purple. The only reason he retired with the knicks is the fact that the Suns declined in signing him for 1 year to PLAY for them. I mean come on, its business and not some charity event. Its understandable for the suns to turn that down because they have some young guys they want to develop and actually try to win. Its not all about amare here. Id be pissed if ewing came back from orlando magic just so he could play one more year to retire. You know what I mean, its just non sense.

" I wasn’t just going to keep knocking on someone’s door that wasn’t going to answer". bull, so you're telling us that they weren't willing to give you a one day contract just so you can retire afterwards? This clown wanted more, sounds like he wanted that kobe bryant farewell tour treatment. So he crawled back to the knicks, and I wouldnt be so surprised if he asked for the same request only to realize he was not going to get it. So he settled for a one day contract and retire a knick so he could slap the suns organization for not giving in to his demands. Amare just screwed himself and screwed those suns fans who supported him even after he left and sign with the knicks. Loyal my ass. last time I checked he just burned us with that whole jeremy lin incident.

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,535

Post#173 » by Fat Kat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#174 » by ChilledAlex » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Explain to me what is WAR please... I don't get it
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#175 » by GONYK » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:11 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

WAR stands for Wins Above Replacement player

So essentially how many winshares a player provides above what would have been expected from a minimum salary level player.
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#176 » by ChilledAlex » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:17 pm

GONYK wrote:
ChilledAlex wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

WAR stands for Wins Above Replacement player

So essentially how many winshares a player provides above what would have been expected from a minimum salary level player.

Thank you.

But in defense of Amar'e I'd like to say that he WAS a great player at the signing moment and he DID have great season.

Injuries happen

Return to New York Knicks