ImageImageImageImageImage

Flashback Vids of Amare's 1 Glorious season

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Flashback Vids of Amare's 1 Glorious season 

Post#21 » by br7knicks » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Amare brought life back into MSG. Although I'm a defensive minded fan, he made the knicks worth watching again. He made Felton look like a borderline all-star, which also tells you what he did for this knicks team prior to the trade.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#22 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Priggy Smalls wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:Amar'e during that half a season was the best Knick I've ever seen since Ewing. Melo's never had a run like that.

stop.

melo averaged 40 and 10 for like a month.

Lol the myth regarding the first half of that season keeps growing. Also, he was breaking down--and so was the team--before the Melo deal. Dantoni was playing him over 37 mpg...if you think the Melo trade stopped him...you're blind.
Pavvy
Pro Prospect
And1: 218

Post#23 » by Pavvy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Pavvy wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:its really a shame things didn't work out with him here

he was a NYer in attitude and style of play for sure

could have been one of the great Knicks if not for health and bad luck with coach and lack of team depth

started out playing like a max contract player and then ended up with knicks like a eddy curry bad contract

That's far from fair

Curry was lazy and didn't care
He spent his final year making 9mil, filing for bankruptcy, fighting sexual abuse charges, and riding the bench

Amare worked tirelessly to succeed and took a reduced role, he even came off the bench which was tough for him at that time.

Amare never quit on us, he never phoned it in
He just broke down and lost his rhythm
Andsadlynever learned to play d

i never said stat played like eddy curry but his contract was one that was crippling us and wanted to get rid of it for a while. ill give credit to Amare for his hard work, dedication and even spending his summers with olajuwon to learn some post moves but he knew his main weakness was defense and never worked on it and even once blamed his previous coaches that hes never been taught defense.

what we cant forgive him is when he got injured on layup line for smth stupid and for punching fire extinguisher which were pretty much the times that counted the most and he self-destructed and eventually burned the teams small chances of doing much
from New York to Cyprus and now London and still a die-hard Knicks fan!!

Return to New York Knicks