ImageImageImageImageImage

All Things POLITICS v2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

AndroidMan
Veteran
And1: 262

Re: All Things POLITICS v2 

Post#1961 » by AndroidMan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:40 pm

CJackson wrote:
The majority of Crimea is well known to have Russians who are sympathetic to Putin.

That's the point. If the people of the region are heavily in favor of something, then that is their self-determination.

the second paragraph from the article also explains that, the locals in Crimea are supportive of Russia.

One year after the annexation of the Ukrainian peninsula in the Black Sea, poll after poll shows that the locals there — be they Ukrainians, ethnic Russians or Tatars are mostly all in agreement: life with Russia is better than life with Ukraine.
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#1962 » by CJackson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:46 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
CJackson wrote:
The majority of Crimea is well known to have Russians who are sympathetic to Putin.

That's the point. If the people of the region are heavily in favor of something, then that is their self-determination.

the second paragraph from the article also explains that, the locals in Crimea are supportive of Russia.

One year after the annexation of the Ukrainian peninsula in the Black Sea, poll after poll shows that the locals there — be they Ukrainians, ethnic Russians or Tatars are mostly all in agreement: life with Russia is better than life with Ukraine.

It was an invasion. You're a shill for the Russians. Bye
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1963 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:51 pm

CJackson wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:
CJackson wrote:

I was about to come to the same conclusion myself, but you were quicker. Android man, can you prove you're not being paid by Putin to post what you do?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

CJackson
General Manager

Post#1964 » by CJackson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:57 pm

BKlutch wrote:
CJackson wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

I was about to come to the same conclusion myself, but you were quicker. Android man, can you prove you're not being paid by Putin to post what you do?

Besides them and Rasho, notice how there has been a shift in approach on some of the posts now about how it is a good thing to get along with Putin as if it is a shoulder shrug thing to say "what's wrong with that?"

It just goes to show how many of these kinds of expressions come from higher up scripts that the posters themselves didn't originate intellectually.

This kind of Disinfo game is insidious and truly vile. I'm disgusted at these characters who proffer up bizarre justifications for Trump's linkages to Putin, for Trump's call to Russian hackers to attack America, for Trump's campaign's implicit involvement in lessening Republican support of the Ukraine.

This is really nasty. I used to think no Putin paid troll would waste time on a lower traffic thread like this and would focus on places like Reddit and the comments sections of high volume political sites and blogs. But now I think there are a couple who are probably involved in this paid propaganda war.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1965 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:03 pm

CJackson wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
CJackson wrote:

Besides them and Rasho, notice how there has been a shift in approach on some of the posts now about how it is a good thing to get along with Putin as if it is a shoulder shrug thing to say "what's wrong with that?"

It just goes to show how many of these kinds of expressions come from higher up scripts that the posters themselves didn't originate intellectually.

This kind of Disinfo game is insidious and truly vile. I'm disgusted at these characters who proffer up bizarre justifications for Trump's linkages to Putin, for Trump's call to Russian hackers to attack America, for Trump's campaign's implicit involvement in lessening Republican support of the Ukraine.

This is really nasty. I used to think no Putin paid troll would waste time on a lower traffic thread like this and would focus on places like Reddit and the comments sections of high volume political sites and blogs. But now I think there are a couple who are probably involved in this paid propaganda war.

That's what I was debating while I was thinking where this kind of thinking came from. You know they had that RT cable news channel, the one that tried to insert itself into the US political debate. Some of their announcers were shown to be paid directly to present the Russian point of view, but I think there were others who, while well meaning, accomplished pretty much the same thing. It wasn't a great career move for any of them. A lot has been written about how both Russia and China do this stuff to an incredible degree internally, and how they're trying to alter the US conversation politically. It dovetails with the revelation that Russia was behind the DNC and Congressional hacks. That's why it always seems Android was one of those living in another world - he literally is living in another world, politically.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,438

Post#1966 » by duetta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Why is the Royal House of Clinton being funded by dirty Saudi money called diplomacy, but Trump saying he could work with Putin gets treated like an act of treason?

You might want to check the ties between the Bush family, The Carlyle Group, and Saudi Arabia. These go back long before the Clintons arrived ever arrived in Washington.

As for Trump and Putin working together, my advice is that Trump move to Russia if he wants to do that. He might be wanted there. He's not wanted here, except by idiots who confuse reality TV with reality.
CJackson
General Manager

Post#1967 » by CJackson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:08 pm

BKlutch wrote:
CJackson wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

That's what I was debating while I was thinking where this kind of thinking came from. You know they had that RT cable news channel, the one that tried to insert itself into the US political debate. Some of their announcers were shown to be paid directly to present the Russian point of view, but I think there were others who, while well meaning, accomplished pretty much the same thing. It wasn't a great career move for any of them. A lot has been written about how both Russia and China do this stuff to an incredible degree internally, and how they're trying to alter the US conversation politically. It dovetails with the revelation that Russia was behind the DNC and Congressional hacks. That's why it always seems Android was one of those living in another world - he literally is living in another world, politically.

Furthermore, Putin is systematically killing off rivals and journalists. He is the master of the use of hard to detect poisons. They've considerably refined their methods since Putin killed Litvinenko.

Russia is a champion of self-determination? FOH with that BS!
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1968 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:08 pm

duetta wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Why is the Royal House of Clinton being funded by dirty Saudi money called diplomacy, but Trump saying he could work with Putin gets treated like an act of treason?

You might want to check the ties between the Bush family, The Carlyle Group, and Saudi Arabia. These go back long before the Clintons arrived ever arrived in Washington.

As for Trump and Putin working together, my advice is that Trump move to Russia if he wants to do that. He might be wanted there. He's not wanted here, except by idiots who confuse reality TV with reality.

This is one of the best proposals I've heard during the entire campaign. Can we arrange for this in early November? I really want to stop seeing that unnatural hair and hearing the unnatural thoughts that are supposed to come from just below it.

CJackson
General Manager

Post#1969 » by CJackson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:10 pm

duetta wrote:

I never thought there would be a day I would say this, but in Trump's case I'll make an exception.

HEY DONALD, If you love Russia so much, why don't you go live there?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,392

Post#1970 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:11 pm

CJackson wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:
CJackson wrote:
And Russia's takeover of Crimea was respectful of the right to self-determination by the free country of the Ukraine?

If you have a particular axe to grind with American foreign policy, then deal with that, but the broad strokes you were making to infer Russia's respect for self-determination is superior is really sloppy.

No, my reference was to a specific instance. You keep trying to expand my statement to fill a broader spectrum.

As far as Crimea, since you referenced it, it appears the Crimeans are supportive of the Russians.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/03/20/one-year-after-russia-annexed-crimea-locals-prefer-moscow-to-kiev/#1949e4475951

In June 2014, a Gallup poll with the Broadcasting Board of Governors asked Crimeans if the results in the March 16, 2014 referendum to secede reflected the views of the people. A total of 82.8% of Crimeans said yes. When broken down by ethnicity, 93.6% of ethnic Russians said they believed the vote to secede was legitimate, while 68.4% of Ukrainians felt so. Moreover, when asked if joining Russia will ultimately make life better for them and their family, 73.9% said yes while 5.5% said no.

In February 2015, a poll by German polling firm GfK revealed that attitudes have not changed. When asked “Do you endorse Russia’s annexation of Crimea?”, a total of 82% of the respondents answered “yes, definitely,” and another 11% answered “yes, for the most part.” Only 2% said they didn’t know, and another 2% said no. Three percent did not specify their position.

With two studies out of the way, both Western-based, it seems without question that the vast majority of Crimeans do not feel they were duped into voting for annexation, and that life with Russia will be better for them and their families than life with Ukraine. A year ago this week, 83% of Crimeans went to the polling stations and almost 97% expressed support for reunification with their former Soviet parent. The majority of people living on the peninsula are ethnic Russians.

WTF?

So quoting a poll justifies annexing a portion of the Ukraine to Russia?

Estonia has a very large amount of Russians (about a quarter of the population), some of who are from an older generation and feel more Russian than Estonian. Some of them have never bothered to learn Estonian and choose to cloister themselves into Russian enclaves.

If 25% of Estonians wanted to be annexed by Russia, how does that have more or less validity than quoting some poll of Russians who were Urkrainian citizens?

It doesn't.

If they want to live in Russia, then they can go live there.

What a rubbish concept that you would come back with this kind of justification.

The Ukraine was fuqqing invaded! And you justify it out of one corner of your mouth while pursuing another argument about Russia supporting self-determination. Dude you are completely FOS.

You post exactly like one of the drones from the Russian propaganda internet mills.

Nevermind that time honored Russian tradition of moving ethnic Russians into troublesome border countries within the empire with the expressed goal of giving those locations ethnic Russians who long term will tend to have goals in line with Russia proper. They aren't the only ones to have done this, but just pointing out this long term aspect of that and how it would affect "polls".

It's funny - Android man wants to treat Syria as a specific instance, yet will talk about American goals in general, yet when Russian goals in general are discussed, wants to revert the conversation to a specific instance. It's an odd conversation to have. I'm not sure if I'm talking with an US born american citizen so deep into Trump that he's totally swallowed the "Russia is a-ok" line of thought (I just think they're a bad empire builder in much the same way the US can be),some nationalist Russian who has become as US citizen but still pines for the motherland, a Russian nationalist in Russia itself, or paid Putin troll putting in some OT on a basketball forum.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1971 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:12 pm

duetta wrote:

In Rasho's world, only Liberals are bad. Conservatives are as pure as the driven snow.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1972 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
duetta wrote:

In Rasho's world, only Liberals are bad. Conservatives are as pure as the driven snow.

No, that's your world.
CJackson
General Manager

Post#1973 » by CJackson » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
duetta wrote:

Guys want to go on and on about the corrupt Clintons, but the Bush family is many magnitudes more corrupt than that. Cheney basically installed Halliburton as the house agency for securing contracts on the war grounds they created. Talking about real criminals.

When it comes to dirty Saudi money nobody has anything on the Bushes, with Bush Jr. being the most corrupt presidency of all time by a complete landslide.

I can't wait for the next wave of moronics about Clinton's latest batches of emails. She certainly did mess up with her server, but the big sign of corruption uncovered so far is Clinton Foundation donors (sometimes) got access to Clinton. Whoopeee!

It doesn't matter to Benghazi trolls that nobody was ever guaranteed access to Clinton and there is thus far no evidentiary trail proving actual pay for services rendered. So the only thing generated so far is some people who made donations got access to Clinton or a referral to someone in their vast and well-connected network. Whoopeee!
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#1974 » by AndroidMan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:25 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:It's funny - Android man wants to treat Syria as a specific instance, yet will talk about American goals in general, yet when Russian goals in general are discussed, wants to revert the conversation to a specific instance. It's an odd conversation to have. I'm not sure if I'm talking with an US born american citizen so deep into Trump that he's totally swallowed the "Russia is a-ok" line of thought (I just think they're a bad empire builder in much the same way the US can be),some nationalist Russian who has become as US citizen but still pines for the motherland, a Russian nationalist in Russia itself, or paid Putin troll putting in some OT on a basketball forum.

Turns out, I'm just an American that loves his country. I had no intentions to discuss Russia, but just questioned what you meant that Putin and Trump would go "all-in" when Trump wins the Presidency. You still haven't fully clarified what you meant by that statement.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1975 » by BKlutch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:44 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:It's funny - Android man wants to treat Syria as a specific instance, yet will talk about American goals in general, yet when Russian goals in general are discussed, wants to revert the conversation to a specific instance. It's an odd conversation to have. I'm not sure if I'm talking with an US born american citizen so deep into Trump that he's totally swallowed the "Russia is a-ok" line of thought (I just think they're a bad empire builder in much the same way the US can be),some nationalist Russian who has become as US citizen but still pines for the motherland, a Russian nationalist in Russia itself, or paid Putin troll putting in some OT on a basketball forum.

Turns out, I'm just an American that loves his country. I had no intentions to discuss Russia, but just questioned what you meant that Putin and Trump would go "all-in" when Trump wins the Presidency. You still haven't fully clarified what you meant by that statement.

Can you show us that you're really an American? All the paid shills used by Moscow and Beijing also claim to be just ordinary citizens.

Да, товарищ?

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1976 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:58 pm

AndroidMan wrote:

I said that he would align us interests closer to Russia's, which aren't generally in alignment, though at times (mainly Muslim anti-terrorism) they are. Russia's historic attitude towards eastern Europe isn't in line with America's. Is it as belicose as the cold war? No. But it would be foolish to consider them aligned.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,438

Post#1977 » by duetta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:12 pm

AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#1978 » by AndroidMan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:

I said that he would align us interests closer to Russia's, which aren't generally in alignment, though at times (mainly Muslim anti-terrorism) they are. Russia's historic attitude towards eastern Europe isn't in line with America's. Is it as belicose as the cold war? No. But it would be foolish to consider them aligned.

OK, thank you fair enough. So you're worried about an even greater alliance between the US and Russia. Clinton was also involved with securing Uranium for a Russian consortium. Food for thought

–Nine shareholders in Uranium One just happened to provide more than $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation in the run-up to State Department approval;

–Some of the donations, including those from the Chairman of Uranium One, Ian Teler, were kept secret, even though the Clintons promised to disclose all donations;

–Hillary’s State Department approved the deal;

–The Russian government now owns 20 percent of U.S. uranium assets.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#1979 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:46 pm

This is old news, but some of you might might not know of this. It's just a couple of minutes. Something everyone should know.

[youtube] https://youtu.be/BdNHf1g4ivA [/youtube]

Return to New York Knicks