ImageImageImageImageImage

Berman: Knicks’ cuts coming soon: Which players are on the bubble? **Cuts Made** - Update pg 6

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Berman: Knicks’ cuts coming soon: Which players are on the bubble? **Cuts Made** - Update pg 6 

Post#301 » by NYKAL » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:29 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
I think he's seen the new additions and realized he'd better step up if he wants to get play time. Never seen him play with such focus.

I will say that from preseason game 1, even when he wasn't making an impact, he looked in very good shape and was playing with focus. You could see it coming off him. I found myself visually isolating him (which I didn't expect, I'd kind of already given up on him) and seeing if he could break through, because he jumped* out as lean & determined. Then finally he did get a couple of good games under his belt. We'll see.

*Poor choice of words.

His inconsistency is why he gets paid what he does.

He piques the interest of NBA media types and fans because the potential skill set is pretty great. But as Dubin puts it, you'll see him make an amazing pass and think "wow this guy is great", then you'll see him do something that clearly was never there and you'll think "get this guy off the floor". That plus he falls in love with his jumper.

Maybe all he needed was a real PG to bring the best out of him. Could probably say that about most of our players.

I'm convinced its the competition. A point guard does not make him block more shots, grab more rebounds or guard more effectively.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Re: Berman: Knicks’ cuts coming soon: Which players are on the bubble? **Cuts Made** - Update pg 6 

Post#302 » by SARGO127 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Goodwin PLZ
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#303 » by boomann21 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:34 pm

NYKnicksFTW wrote:Here are a few guys on the waiver wire that I would take a serious look at:

PG Tyler Ennis - a first rounder in 2014, only 22 and a local product.

PG Gary Payton II - I wanted him in the second round if we traded into it. I like him a lot (wanted him over Demetrius Jackson). I think he has it all except a jumpshot. He can't shoot, but he can do pretty much everything else.

SG RJ Hunter - EXCELLENT shooter. Only 23.

C Kaleb Tarczewski - a shot blocker and better than Plumlee

Mitch McGary is better than both of those guys and his passing would make him perfect for the triangle. He needs to leave the Kush and Indo alone though it's ruining his career.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#304 » by boomann21 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:35 pm

El Poochio wrote:Cut Vujashİt and get RJ Hunter, nothing to lose, addition by subtraction

or Goodwin.
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#305 » by NYKnicksFTW » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Cat Barber is another one. He has insane quicks
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#306 » by KnicksGod » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Should pick up Goodwin. Bye Sasha.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#307 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Archie Goodwin is a very surprise cut. I have wanted him since 2013 draft.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#308 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:08 pm

NYKAL wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
I will say that from preseason game 1, even when he wasn't making an impact, he looked in very good shape and was playing with focus. You could see it coming off him. I found myself visually isolating him (which I didn't expect, I'd kind of already given up on him) and seeing if he could break through, because he jumped* out as lean & determined. Then finally he did get a couple of good games under his belt. We'll see.

*Poor choice of words.

His inconsistency is why he gets paid what he does.

He piques the interest of NBA media types and fans because the potential skill set is pretty great. But as Dubin puts it, you'll see him make an amazing pass and think "wow this guy is great", then you'll see him do something that clearly was never there and you'll think "get this guy off the floor". That plus he falls in love with his jumper.

Maybe all he needed was a real PG to bring the best out of him. Could probably say that about most of our players.

I'm convinced its the competition. A point guard does not make him block more shots, grab more rebounds or guard more effectively.

I will always believe that when guys are constantly engaged because they have people looking for them and put in positions of strength on offense, they will try harder. So yeah, I'd say playing with a real PG would definitely have a huge effect on his overall output.

I'd love to see the numbers from this preseason versus his numbers last year and how different it was.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#309 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:21 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Archie Goodwin is a very surprise cut. I have wanted him since 2013 draft.

Makes a ton of sense given our needs.

Too bad we need a Euro ensemble mentor on the roster.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#310 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:25 pm

I guess we have to see what this guy thinks of Goodwin. Hard to believe PJax wouldn't explore it if Jeff gives him a good grade.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#311 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 pm

I don't think the Knicks will cut anyone for Archie. I just can't see Phil doing it.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#312 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:41 pm

Goodwin is interesting, but do y'all think that he'd get the chance to develop here? I don't think he'd ever get any minutes on this team...he can't shoot, isn't a smart defender, and he makes a lot of mistakes on the court. I think he should go somewhere where he can get a lot of playing time and in-game experience (somewhere like Philly or Brooklyn).
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect

Post#313 » by NYKnicksFTW » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:57 pm

boomann21 wrote:
NYKnicksFTW wrote:Here are a few guys on the waiver wire that I would take a serious look at:

PG Tyler Ennis - a first rounder in 2014, only 22 and a local product.

PG Gary Payton II - I wanted him in the second round if we traded into it. I like him a lot (wanted him over Demetrius Jackson). I think he has it all except a jumpshot. He can't shoot, but he can do pretty much everything else.

SG RJ Hunter - EXCELLENT shooter. Only 23.

C Kaleb Tarczewski - a shot blocker and better than Plumlee

Mitch McGary is better than both of those guys and his passing would make him perfect for the triangle. He needs to leave the Kush and Indo alone though it's ruining his career.

I agree, but he's too risky at this point.
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect

Post#314 » by NYKnicksFTW » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:57 pm

My wishlist:

PG Gary Payton II
PG Ray McCallum
PG Cat Barber
PG/SG Spencer Dinwiddie
SG Archie Goodwin
SG RJ Hunter
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#315 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:02 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Goodwin is interesting, but do y'all think that he'd get the chance to develop here? I don't think he'd ever get any minutes on this team...he can't shoot, isn't a smart defender, and he makes a lot of mistakes on the court. I think he should go somewhere where he can get a lot of playing time and in-game experience (somewhere like Philly or Brooklyn).

im a genuine fan of him so i would rather him go elsewhere. he needs time. we can't give it to him.
OnTheWagon
Pro Prospect
And1: 503

Post#316 » by OnTheWagon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:28 am

I'm surprised the Nets aren't just nabbing all the waiver fodder. If I were them, I'd be grabbing anything even remotely promising.

Was really surprised when we cut Amundson, still doubt Phil will cut Sasha though.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#317 » by camillepd » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Does anyone know if Chasson Randle clear waivers yet?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#318 » by moocow007 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:03 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Goodwin is interesting, but do y'all think that he'd get the chance to develop here? I don't think he'd ever get any minutes on this team...he can't shoot, isn't a smart defender, and he makes a lot of mistakes on the court. I think he should go somewhere where he can get a lot of playing time and in-game experience (somewhere like Philly or Brooklyn).

No you're right.

He probably wouldn't be in any better of a situation here than he was in Phoenix. Goodwin shows flashes of tantalizing skill (as a super athletic 6'5" PG/SG) but he's also still spotty in a lot of areas (his shot is still not good and he can play out of control). He needs a team that would be willing to let him go at it and see what he can really do with big minutes and that won't be here in NY. Knicks are trying to win and you've got 3 guys in the backcourt that will immediately be above him in Rose, Jennings and Lee.

Best place for him would probably be Brooklyn (I would be jumping on him...once he clears waivers...if I were Sean Marks). Let him play, see if he can put up some big numbers (even if it's inefficient ones) and then either peg him as part of the future or try to trade him for something that you want.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#319 » by moocow007 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:07 pm

camillepd wrote:Does anyone know if Chasson Randle clear waivers yet?

He should have cleared. He was waived 4 days ago and a player clears waivers in 48 hours (2 days).

Return to New York Knicks