ImageImageImageImageImage

I still can't believe we have to deal with 4 years of him

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Re: I still can't believe we have to deal with 4 years of him 

Post#161 » by SaveUsKP6 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Give him time bro. Lopez was horrible for the first couple months last season then he was balling. I expect Noah to catch up

This is such a bad comparison and I'm not sure why people are still making it. Lopez was 27 years old coming off seasons of 82, 59 and 82 games played. Noah is 31 coming off seasons of 80, 67 and 29 games plus two surgeries and multiple nagging injuries.... while declining in production each of those years.

Can we just stop with that nonsense now?

if noah is so old and still declining then how come noah still outplayed lopez (whos in his prime)in the bulls game then? its not like we havent seen any flashes of good play from him. he just needs more time to get into a rhythm and stay consistent. and i still cant believe you want to start willy because of one good game.. smh. u should know better fam

1. One player outplaying another player in 1 game means close to nothing.
2. I never said I wanted Willy to start... fam.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,792

Post#162 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:36 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:
This is such a bad comparison and I'm not sure why people are still making it. Lopez was 27 years old coming off seasons of 82, 59 and 82 games played. Noah is 31 coming off seasons of 80, 67 and 29 games plus two surgeries and multiple nagging injuries.... while declining in production each of those years.

Can we just stop with that nonsense now?

if noah is so old and still declining then how come noah still outplayed lopez (whos in his prime)in the bulls game then? its not like we havent seen any flashes of good play from him. he just needs more time to get into a rhythm and stay consistent. and i still cant believe you want to start willy because of one good game.. smh. u should know better fam

1. One player outplaying another player in 1 game means close to nothing.
2. I never said I wanted Willy to start... fam.

Whoops my bad that was someone else. It's only been 7 games so really doesn't mean much anyways too. Judge Noah when there's atleast 20 games in. Then we'll talk.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#163 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:38 pm

At this point in his career, all I hope is he can instill an attitude that says "**** the opposing team" in our young guys. If that happens, biting the bullet and having him play 20-30 minutes a night could be worth it. After this year, I'm expecting G to get more minutes anyway so Noah will end up in a reserve role.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,683

Post#164 » by KnicksGod » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:41 pm

Some of you guys are a little nutty. 7 boards, 2 offensive, 4 assists and a steal, +5, in 21 minutes is a disaster?

It sucks that he's not a 2-way big in his prime but I think we kind of knew that. He is also not a total loss on offense either. Give him some time to get going there too.

He's not playing badly and the cap went up a lot. He's still better than Tyson Influenza in his prime.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,215

Post#165 » by god shammgod » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:47 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Some of you guys are a little nutty. 7 boards, 2 offensive, 4 assists and a steal, +5, in 21 minutes is a disaster?

It sucks that he's not a 2-way big in his prime but I think we kind of knew that. He is also not a total loss on offense either. Give him some time to get going there too.

He's not playing badly and the cap went up a lot. He's still better than Tyson Influenza in his prime.

that is a crazy statement
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#166 » by SaveUsKP6 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:01 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Some of you guys are a little nutty. 7 boards, 2 offensive, 4 assists and a steal, +5, in 21 minutes is a disaster?

You must be hopped up on some NyQuil or something...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#167 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Curious what you mean by "Give him some time to get going [on offense]." He's never been a scorer and as his lower body injuries compounded with his shoulder issues, his finishing ability has gone to ****. IMO, there's no reason to expect anything more than dunks or layups. He's an awesome passer, yes, but his scoring hasn't been efficient since 2012 and won't be going forward.

Also, chill with the Tyson stuff. He was a great defender when he first got here.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#168 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:16 pm

Marty McFly wrote:eh. I'm not worried. none of these guys are going to be on this team if and when the time comes the knicks are looking to sign guys to compliment Porzingis. if all he ever does is help turn kp into a better passer and a leader, he'll be worth it.

Thats pretty much how I feel. KP is nice now, by year 3 of Noah's contract I expect Noah to be a cripple butI expect KP would've matured nicely because of him.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#169 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

Curious what you mean by "Give him some time to get going [on offense]." He's never been a scorer and as his lower body injuries compounded with his shoulder issues, his finishing ability has gone to ****. IMO, there's no reason to expect anything more than dunks or layups. He's an awesome passer, yes, but his scoring hasn't been efficient since 2012 and won't be going forward.

Also, chill with the Tyson stuff. He was a great defender when he first got here.

Oh You aint know? Noah Turns into another player as the year goes on.....
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#170 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 pm

iLLSonChandla wrote:Pray the CBA gives us a new amnesty

it's not looking likely

we're probably gonna have to take the L on this contract or give up assets to move it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,683

Post#171 » by KnicksGod » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:20 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I think Tyson was always overrated, I really do. Such a huge liability on O. If you couldn't lob him, he sucked. His 1 on 1 D was overrated. He didn't shotblock.

I don't think Tyson has ever really been good. Nice help defender. Super overrated.

Noah is different. His passing alone makes him valuable. He still seems to be moving fine. I absolutely would not even think about amnesty for him now. We badly need the things he brings.

No he's not an All-Star or a 2-way big. We knew that. He is not durable either. But he will score a few more points as he gets his legs going. He hasn't looked bad rolling and going to the hole. He can occasionally hit a shot.

I suspect we'll see some 8-12 point games here and there. Good enough because I still think his team D and passing are major assets we badly need. He just seems like someone to complain about when we're not complaining about Lance. The very fact that Noah has been out there and moving reasonably well is good.

He was never some really fast big with any really reliable offensive skills. He is moving pretty close to how he used to. Never been a big jumper. He's healthy and his body seems okay. Good enough for now.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#172 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:27 am

KnicksGod wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I think Tyson was always overrated, I really do. Such a huge liability on O. If you couldn't lob him, he sucked. His 1 on 1 D was overrated. He didn't shotblock.

I don't think Tyson has ever really been good. Nice help defender. Super overrated.

Noah is different. His passing alone makes him valuable. He still seems to be moving fine. I absolutely would not even think about amnesty for him now. We badly need the things he brings.

No he's not an All-Star or a 2-way big. We knew that. He is not durable either. But he will score a few more points as he gets his legs going. He hasn't looked bad rolling and going to the hole. He can occasionally hit a shot.

I suspect we'll see some 8-12 point games here and there. Good enough because I still think his team D and passing are major assets we badly need. He just seems like someone to complain about when we're not complaining about Lance. The very fact that Noah has been out there and moving reasonably well is good.

He was never some really fast big with any really reliable offensive skills. He is moving pretty close to how he used to. Never been a big jumper. He's healthy and his body seems okay. Good enough for now.

Noah's defense has been significantly worse than it's been in recent years.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,734

Post#173 » by Guano » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 am

K P 6 wrote:Chicago fans was saying he starts off slow. traditional Big men take time to get in game shape. Remember we wanted to personally walk Robin Lopez out of New York City?

Point is im giving it some time.

wtf is this we sh*t?
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#174 » by movingon » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:29 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Noah is cooked. Its Year one of the deal Noah will get worst every year from here on out. There is no Peak to Noah, what we getting now is what we will get. There is no rounding into form dude is over 30. I will always say it. Noah is not that talented in basketball, He made his mark with more passion than game.

Its also a shame that he calls himself a NYer and has NO jump Shot. Since when do NYC players don't have a decent form and shot. That dude is from France man... He also lived in Hells Kitchen... I never heard of Noah Coming Uptown or to BK to play when he was in H.S.

If he did he might have more skills.

whut? You don't gotta be from NY to have jump shot. If anything you would be expected to have a great handle. You really can't claim the best shooters come from NY.
QueensG718
Pro Prospect
And1: 688

Post#175 » by QueensG718 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:35 am

This is the most poorly one sided officiated game I seen in a while. Straight **** bull!!!!!! We played hard too but it's hard to keep your composure with these **** phantom calls!!! **** these refs

Sent from my SM-G920T using RealGM mobile app
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#176 » by EchelonNYK » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:23 am

Some were against this signing. But they got drowned out by the ones who supported it. I was 50-50 on it to be quite honest.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#177 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:46 am

movingon wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Noah is cooked. Its Year one of the deal Noah will get worst every year from here on out. There is no Peak to Noah, what we getting now is what we will get. There is no rounding into form dude is over 30. I will always say it. Noah is not that talented in basketball, He made his mark with more passion than game.

Its also a shame that he calls himself a NYer and has NO jump Shot. Since when do NYC players don't have a decent form and shot. That dude is from France man... He also lived in Hells Kitchen... I never heard of Noah Coming Uptown or to BK to play when he was in H.S.

If he did he might have more skills.

whut? You don't gotta be from NY to have jump shot. If anything you would be expected to have a great handle. You really can't claim the best shooters come from NY.

Bro where did i say the best shooters come from NY? I said typically good NY ballers don't have ugly ass jump shots like noah.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#178 » by Boss_ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:39 am

Noah is going to make the Knicks great again...
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man

Post#179 » by SaveUsKP6 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:55 am

Another game, another piss poor performance by our $72 million C.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#180 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:56 am

Y'all are some Grade A bitches. Dude got 18 rebs tonight. Get off Noah dyck and stop tearing your own plays down for what they are not. Every single one of y'all knew he wasn't no damn shooter or scorer or even a shotblocker. You wanna be mad about the contract years and dollars. Blame your Pres of Ops Phil for offering the contract and bidding against himself like a novice GM would for a guy who was desperate to come play for his hometown team anyway that just acquired his best friend.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter

Return to New York Knicks