ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Lee going to work out better than Afflalo

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Re: Is Lee going to work out better than Afflalo 

Post#41 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:30 pm

gavran wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
Not sure what that means.

He's insulting you for not agreeing with him.

I'm insulting him your saying something stupid. Lee having an abysmal season whould men he plays a lot worse then usually does, which might be the case in his head, but is not in this reality.

Seriously, not even trying to be rude, but the way you're typing/writing is barely intelligible. It's very difficult to understand.

From what I understand you're saying that he's better than Afflalo, and that's he's having a good season by his own standards. Neither of which is true. Lee for his career:

10PPG on 55%TS, with a PER of 12.0
8.6PPG on 50%TS, with a PER of 8.5

Not to mention that he's been a net negative on both sides of the court in about 30MPG. RPM/BPM have him well below career averages and it's clear that he's not having any impact whatsoever. At least no impact worth speaking of in comparison with an Aaron Afflalo, certainly.

Btw, saying that he's having an abysmal season doesn't mean he's playing a lot worse than he usually does, just that he's playing worse in general. He's never been THAT good, so to say he's playing abysmally isn't too much of a step down. He's very average(well, probably closer to below average as a SG).
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#42 » by gavran » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
gavran wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

I'm insulting him your saying something stupid. Lee having an abysmal season whould men he plays a lot worse then usually does, which might be the case in his head, but is not in this reality.

Seriously, not even trying to be rude, but the way you're typing/writing is barely intelligible. It's very difficult to understand.

From what I understand you're saying that he's better than Afflalo, and that's he's having a good season by his own standards. Neither of which is true. Lee for his career:

Not to mention that he's been a net negative on both sides of the court in about 30MPG. RPM/BPM have him well below career averages and it's clear that he's not having any impact whatsoever. At least no impact worth speaking of in comparison with an Aaron Afflalo, certainly.

Btw, saying that he's having an abysmal season doesn't mean he's playing a lot worse than he usually does, just that he's playing worse in general. He's never been THAT good, so to say he's playing abysmally isn't too much of a step down. He's very average(well, probably closer to below average as a SG).

If you cannot understand 2 sentences with a few typos, I suggest some English classes. He plays exactly the same as he always did (a bit worse FG%), except he is on a terrible team right now.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#43 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:51 pm

gavran wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
gavran wrote:I'm insulting him your saying something stupid. Lee having an abysmal season whould men he plays a lot worse then usually does, which might be the case in his head, but is not in this reality.

If you cannot understand 2 sentences with a few typos, I suggest some English classes. He plays exactly the same as he always did (a bit worse FG%), except he is on a terrible team right now.

You complain about posters opinions and their posting styles yet you are condescending in almost all of your posts. Why don't you re-evaluate yourself before referring to others? I understand the Knicks being bad makes people miserable but no excuses. Respect is given when it is shown.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#44 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:11 pm

gavran wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
gavran wrote:I'm insulting him your saying something stupid. Lee having an abysmal season whould men he plays a lot worse then usually does, which might be the case in his head, but is not in this reality.

It's actually a lot more than a few typos, though. You're missing entire words, lacking punctuation, misspelling words, and misplacing punctuation marks to the point that your post(s) are unitelligible and incoherent.

He may be attempting to play how he has in seasons past, but thus far he's clearly not the same player. Whether it's just a slow start, or whether he's lost a step remains to be seen but he's clearly not performing as well as he has in the past. He's not scoring as well, and that extends beyond his FG%.
Knicklyn718
Sophomore
And1: 115

Post#45 » by Knicklyn718 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:15 pm

I think Kuz is skilled enough to take Lee's spot although he's a small forward.
ImageImage
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#46 » by Knickerbock » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Lee has already done much more than Afflalo
mrKnickShot
Junior
And1: 74

Post#47 » by mrKnickShot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:09 am

Knickerbock wrote:Lee has already done much more than Afflalo

certainly in todays game. Overall he has been a bit of a let down. Today he came as if he was responding to Tommy Dee's article and had a season high 5 assists and was a completely different player.
mrKnickShot
Junior
And1: 74

Post#48 » by mrKnickShot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:16 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
gavran wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Not sure how people could not see that Lee was playing a lot worse than he has for his career. Today he happened to have played really well.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#49 » by Fat Kat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:21 am

Knicklyn718 wrote:I think Kuz is skilled enough to take Lee's spot although he's a small forward.

He's not.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#50 » by DickGrayson » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:46 am

Lee isn't a problem for us, let him get into his role. He's a role playing SG 3&D guy. He needs to play lockdown defense to be valuable.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,481

Post#51 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:54 am

Lee had a great bounce back game. He needed that
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Knicklyn718
Sophomore

Post#52 » by Knicklyn718 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:11 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:I think Kuz is skilled enough to take Lee's spot although he's a small forward.

He's not.

8-)
ImageImage
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#53 » by Greenie » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:15 am

Knicklyn718 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

He's not.

8-)

ummmmm????
He's still not.

Kuz is taking Lance's spot.
Knicklyn718
Sophomore

Post#54 » by Knicklyn718 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:29 am

Greenie wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
He's not.

8-)

ummmmm????
He's still not.

Kuz is taking Lance's spot.

Not saying much but his per is better than Lee's. Only thing Lee can do a little better is defend. Didn't Lance play some shooting guard last season?
ImageImage
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#55 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:09 am

Worst_to_First wrote:I like CLee but I have a feeling that he may end up being like RoLo in which we trade a reasonable contract in order to get an "impact" player.

Who I hope we can keep is Justin Holiday. The guy seems to always know the right thing to do in the court.

Yeah we got Justin Holiday who we thought we were getting in Lee. Silver lining but thats a lot of money spent
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#56 » by Polk377 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Lee has been fine so far and yes better than Afflalo. He has had a little bit of a rough patch with shooting but he is not forcing shots outside of his game or the flow of the game. Afflalo would take some ridiculous shots when he was 2 for 16 that killed us a few games last season. Lee brings consistent effort every night and doesn't have to nor should be doing too much. He will get back to his averages sooner than later and as long as he can get 10-12 points within the offense, play solid defense and keep the ball moving he will be more than fine.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#57 » by moocow007 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Biggest difference between the two has been the liveliness of their play. Afflalo always looked so dead legged like he was much older than he was. Lee plays like he's younger than he is. Both guys about the same age. Was just such a drag watching Afflalo, like watching cement dry. Lee may not be the offensive player Afflalo is (and I'm not even a big Lee fan to begin with) but on this team, much, much better to have Lee.
nyk97
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,219

Post#58 » by nyk97 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:38 pm

moocow007 wrote:Biggest difference between the two has been the liveliness of their play. Afflalo always looked so dead legged like he was much older than he was. Lee plays like he's younger than he is. Both guys about the same age. Was just such a drag watching Afflalo, like watching cement dry. Lee may not be the offensive player Afflalo is (and I'm not even a big Lee fan to begin with) but on this team, much, much better to have Lee.

afflalo also thought he was jordan :lol:
"im willing to ride or die for new york" -carl

Return to New York Knicks