ImageImageImageImageImage

...KAT or KP?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KP or Towns

KP
77%
Towns
23%

Total votes: 73

IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Re: ...KAT or KP? 

Post#181 » by IAmTheBest » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:42 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:If KP's jumper isn't falling, then there's pretty much no chance that he'll have a good game offensively...if KAT's jumper isn't falling, then he can go into the paint and go to work in the post. That is why he has the more complete game to me right now.

KP can dunk, make layups/floaters, hooks, elite finisher run the floor in transition and iso in the post too.

"complete game" doesn't mean much. Blake Griffin has a more complete game than Prime Dirk did. Prime Dirk is obviously the better offensive player though.

Blake doesn't have a more complete offensive game than Dirk...his scoring reporoire is no where near Nowitzki's. Blake vs Dirk and KP vs KAT offensively is nothing close to the same argument.

I don't want to turn this inot a Blake vs Dirk discussion. You're missing the point. Maybe LeBron vs Melo would have been a better comparison.

Having a "complete game" doesn't necessarily mean anything. Fact of the matter is that Porzingis is the better offensive player. Towns doesn't get extra points for possibly putting the ball through the basket in a bigger variety of ways.
NYs Finest
Senior
And1: 275

Post#182 » by NYs Finest » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:i didnt know you guys watch so many wolves games. I guarantee you half these comments are based off youtube highlights or 1 or 2 games you've seen on NBA TV.

Spot on...

You can go to the TWolves board yourself and fans there are complaining about his defense...
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#183 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:44 pm

El Poochio wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
So he can emulate PorzinGOD really well, at least we can agree on who is the better shooter, dunker and defender, your lasts two posts nearly gave me aids I think I gotta avoid this thread

Read on Twitter

Idgaf if u want to avoid this thread, if u don't like my opinion then move along

Yeah only a blind person wont see the offensive arsenal of PorzinGOD and label him as jump shot reliant 8-)

I'm starting to think u didn't read what I wrote...

I said that he's too reliant on jumpers, not that he doesn't do anything but shoot jump shots...2 videos of him going coast-to-coast in transition doesn't disprove that.
NYs Finest
Senior
And1: 275

Post#184 » by NYs Finest » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:50 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Idgaf if u want to avoid this thread, if u don't like my opinion then move along

Yeah only a blind person wont see the offensive arsenal of PorzinGOD and label him as jump shot reliant 8-)

I said that he's too reliant on jumpers, not that he doesn't do anything but shoot jump shots...2 videos of him going coast-to-coast in transition doesn't disprove that.

I believe later in his career he will be feasting in the post as well, once he gets a stronger base and is more comfortable down there
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#185 » by El Poochio » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:52 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Idgaf if u want to avoid this thread, if u don't like my opinion then move along

Yeah you should read that you wrote, you said he is useless offensively if his jumper isnt falling

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:If KP's jumper isn't falling, then there's pretty much no chance that he'll have a good game offensively...

Then tell me why he has more dunks, and goes to the line more than KAT if he is too reliant on jumpers and KAT is well more rounded?

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#186 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:52 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:I voted for KP, but Towns has the more complete game to me. If he was playing in NY, y'all would be calling him a Tim Duncan with 3 point range. KP is still too reliant on jumpers right now. The next step for him is to start getting to the free throw line more and to develop a hook shot or some other type of reliable post move in the paint.

That wouldn't be fair for the league. I think KD would sign with us next if the Unicorn perfects a hook shot along with a wide array of post moves.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#187 » by Sark » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Meat wrote:
Sark wrote:KP because his potential is higher. We basically have Dirk with elite shot blocking and defense. That is so damn rare. About as rare as a unicorn.

kp.. elite defense? umm what

If he weren't forced to play out of position on the wing all the time, you'd notice his defense pickin
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#188 » by magnumt » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Be happy you even have a Rookie to HAVE this conversation and count your blessings and name them one-by-one!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to New York Knicks