ImageImageImageImageImage

Hornacek comments on Viral Clip Of Him Turning Back on ISO Melo

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: Hornacek comments on Viral Clip Of Him Turning Back on ISO Melo 

Post#141 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:54 am

2 Knicks in the past decade

Player A
.446 FG% .362 3PT% 6.3 RPG 20.7 PPG

Player B
.421 FG% .337 3PT% 6.2 RPG 22.1 PPG

free and one to whomever can name both players.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#142 » by CJackson » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:56 am

Mecca wrote:2 Knicks in the past decade

Player A

Player B

Trick question? Melo prime and Melo sub-prime?
mrfrazier10
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#143 » by mrfrazier10 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:57 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:I see there's still a turf war going on. Knicks will never be good until the fan base unites honestly. It's never us vs them, it's us vs us.

This fan base will never be united as long as Melo is on the team. Could make a deep playoff run and it wouldn't matter.

Oh I disagree the fanbase would be ecstatic with a conference finals appearance. Problem is Melo has been so damn difficult to build around because of the way he plays, that and all that money. His legacy is definitely in jeopardy. Big game tonight with KP back. If they get blown out it could be curtains on the Melo era, never mimd this season. If they win lets hope Melo is a big part of it or it'll be more mayhem for sure.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#144 » by Greenie » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:57 am

There have been plenty of people giving suggestions on how this team gets better...from all sides.

Most suggestions center around changing positions.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#145 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:57 am

CJackson wrote:

Player A

Player B

Trick question? Melo prime and Melo sub-prime?

nope. guess again
Brooklyn Nets
Greenie
RealGM

Post#146 » by Greenie » Sat Jan 7, 2017 12:58 am

mrfrazier10 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:I see there's still a turf war going on. Knicks will never be good until the fan base unites honestly. It's never us vs them, it's us vs us.

This fan base will never be united as long as Melo is on the team. Could make a deep playoff run and it wouldn't matter.

Oh I disagree the fanbase would be ecstatic with a conference finals appearance. Problem is Melo has been so damn difficult to build around because of the way he plays, that and all that money. His legacy is definitely in jeopardy. Big game tonight with KP back. If they get blown out it could be curtains on the Melo era, never mimd this season. If they win lets hope Melo is a big part of it or it'll be more mayhem for sure.

We had the blueprint and then traded for Barfyani.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#147 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 1:01 am

Greenie wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
Jessie 2k18 wrote:This board is anti everything when we lose ..Anti melo ,Anti kp, Anti rose , Anti lee, Anti Noah , Anti Thomas (rightfully so) Anti Quinn. Anti Jennings ,Anti hornacek, Lol... You get the picture ,But yeah melo gets the most of it, I guess because He's been here longer .
But this board could be too much at times .

I hear you.

The hate Jose got last year was sickening. Like some dudes called for his death and season ending injury and ****. Insane type thing in this board.

Dont know if its the new millenniums or just the way the world is. But dudes in here are under some serious mental stress state.
I recall when the Colombian goal keeper kick one in during a Cup. Hey he was murdered. That type nuts in this neighborhood.

But Knicks fans booed Houston, Ewing, cringed everytime Oakley shot a jumper. Ran Mark Jackson out of town cause he couldnt hit a jump shot.
Its New York, Philly etc.

To think the Chicago Bulls killed us when Melo said no to them cause the were hurt.
Now the Bulls after running Phil Jackson and Tim Thibodeau out of town are selling Butler's contract after a failed off season.
Why are we flipping out so hard when we're in a better position.

I started FJU last year...
And still voted Jose an all-star

That's how I feel about the Knicks

I don't want anyone hurt. I may want them off the team but I wish them no harm.

You voted for him for All Star? :lol:

I'm more mad at the Knicks that you were even in a position to do that
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#148 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 1:03 am

mrfrazier10 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

We'll see if we ever get out of this rut. To be clear I didn't even want to be in a position to go for it all this year. I wanted to semi-tank, get the pick, let the youth grow and then go hard in 2017 FA.

Then this dude went and signed Noah and all best we're off

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Greenie
RealGM

Post#149 » by Greenie » Sat Jan 7, 2017 1:03 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
I hear you.

The hate Jose got last year was sickening. Like some dudes called for his death and season ending injury and ****. Insane type thing in this board.

Dont know if its the new millenniums or just the way the world is. But dudes in here are under some serious mental stress state.
I recall when the Colombian goal keeper kick one in during a Cup. Hey he was murdered. That type nuts in this neighborhood.

But Knicks fans booed Houston, Ewing, cringed everytime Oakley shot a jumper. Ran Mark Jackson out of town cause he couldnt hit a jump shot.
Its New York, Philly etc.

To think the Chicago Bulls killed us when Melo said no to them cause the were hurt.
Now the Bulls after running Phil Jackson and Tim Thibodeau out of town are selling Butler's contract after a failed off season.
Why are we flipping out so hard when we're in a better position.

I started FJU last year...
And still voted Jose an all-star

That's how I feel about the Knicks

I don't want anyone hurt. I may want them off the team but I wish them no harm.

You voted for him for All Star? :lol:

I'm more mad at the Knicks that you were even in a position to do that

I vote all starters every year.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#150 » by kane2021 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 1:47 am

Player A

Player B

Al Harrington is player a. Carmelo Anthony is player b.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#151 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 7, 2017 1:51 am

kane2021 wrote:

Player A

Player B

ding ding ding

we have a winner, the OG kane.
Brooklyn Nets
CJackson
General Manager

Post#152 » by CJackson » Sat Jan 7, 2017 2:05 am

Mecca wrote:
kane2021 wrote:

Player A

Player B

ding ding ding

Free Candy. Not quite twice as nice for half the price.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#153 » by kane2021 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 2:59 am

Mecca wrote:
kane2021 wrote:

Player A

Player B

ding ding ding

People forget easily. They talk about melo at the 4 and kp at the 5. They forget when we were a horrid rebounding team. And when we had a 4 to spread the floor. Rebounding is so important. See, if you put melo at the 4 you significantly reduce you rebounding. Kp at the 5 is another floor spreader that doesn't rebound well. All of a sudden your front court is 2 average rebounders that can't defend their position. That take jump shots on the other end.

So a melo kp front line is two shooters that can't defend the paint or rebound well. That's a disaster.

Kp off the bench with Noah as the starter improves defense and rebounding in starting unit. Reduces offense. Koq and kp leave something to be desired. Do knick fans really want to bench kp to help Carmelo keep up?

See that's all it is. Put Carmelo in a position to be better. Screw the knicks. There's not much thought that goes into it.

What people are failing to realize is that Carmelo is a tweener now. And so is kp. They're tweeners for different reasons. One is developing the physical size to establish a position. The other is losing the physical athleticism to keep his position.

So what do you do? It's not even about who do you accommodate it's what direction do you go. A pg isn't going to suddenly make this better. That's a small part of the picture. Sure. Put both in the front court and have a ball dominating play maker. What about rebounding? Sure kp can be weak side help. What do you do about post players with size?

It just doesn't fit. There will still be defensive problems. There will rebounding problems. Key elements to winning will continue to be weaknesses.

I know it sounds like I'm pitting our players against each other but I'm not. This what we have to work with and they're not even close to being on the same path. What else? Pg is a sg? Starting center is a backup? No power forward? No small forward?

Who's at fault? If it really comes down to that question you can blame Phil but he's just trying to put together a winner with what he has. Maybe he has to for the owner. But now there's no way to go. Assigning blame isn't important. It's recognition. This isn't going to work. And if it's about Carmelo then you running out of time fast. Faster than you can build it.

But here we got people arguing about how to accommodate one player. Without thinking about the team. Then wanna act like it's ok to attack people.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#154 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:05 am

kane2021 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Al Harrington is player a. Carmelo Anthony is player b.

ding ding ding

People forget easily. They talk about melo at the 4 and kp at the 5. They forget when we were a horrid rebounding team. And when we had a 4 to spread the floor. Rebounding is so important. See, if you put melo at the 4 you significantly reduce you rebounding. Kp at the 5 is another floor spreader that doesn't rebound well. All of a sudden your front court is 2 average rebounders that can't defend their position. That take jump shots on the other end.

So a melo kp front line is two shooters that can't defend the paint or rebound well. That's a disaster.

Kp off the bench with Noah as the starter improves defense and rebounding in starting unit. Reduces offense. Koq and kp leave something to be desired. Do knick fans really want to bench kp to help Carmelo keep up?

See that's all it is. Put Carmelo in a position to be better. Screw the knicks. There's not much thought that goes into it.

What people are failing to realize is that Carmelo is a tweener now. And so is kp. They're tweeners for different reasons. One is developing the physical size to establish a position. The other is losing the physical athleticism to keep his position.

So what do you do? It's not even about who do you accommodate it's what direction do you go. A pg isn't going to suddenly make this better. That's a small part of the picture. Sure. Put both in the front court and have a ball dominating play maker. What about rebounding? Sure kp can be weak side help. What do you do about post players with size?

It just doesn't fit. There will still be defensive problems. There will rebounding problems. Key elements to winning will continue to be weaknesses.

I know it sounds like I'm pitting our players against each other but I'm not. This what we have to work with and they're not even close to being on the same path. What else? Pg is a sg? Starting center is a backup? No power forward? No small forward?

Who's at fault? If it really comes down to that question you can blame Phil but he's just trying to put together a winner with what he has. Maybe he has to for the owner. But now there's no way to go. Assigning blame isn't important. It's recognition. This isn't going to work. And if it's about Carmelo then you running out of time fast. Faster than you can build it.

But here we got people arguing about how to accommodate one player. Without thinking about the team. Then wanna act like it's ok to attack people.

Quality post.

I do believe that the organization forgot the importance of fit in assembling a roster. Melo at the 4 worked in 2013 because Tyson was our 5. We can't do that with KP. Ultimately, they're both tweeners who's game overlap each other. We have to make the commitment to sticking to one plan, and get rid of of Melo in order to properly build a team around KP.
Brooklyn Nets
CJackson
General Manager

Post#155 » by CJackson » Sat Jan 7, 2017 3:36 am

kane2021 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
kane2021 wrote:Al Harrington is player a. Carmelo Anthony is player b.

ding ding ding

Right on

All the reasonable people here acknowledge most of these points. KP has positional issues for now. He's our best all-around player, but he can't carry the team now. And it may never have anything to do with him doing that or who gets to be called the # 1 option.

The bottom line is the sentence I highlighted. I was hitting hard on this point late last year and early this year and saying time is not on the team's side if they stack the roster to milk Melo's remaining time. It just ain't. How can anyone not see this?

By the time you get it together he's in year 5 and probably a bench player. Makes no sense. That's not hate. Just common sense.

But no, people want to cling to him instead of planning for the future which is what good ball clubs do. Good ball clubs don't suck up to fan favorites. They analyze the trajectories of their talents and see where rising talents overlap with fading talents.

Anyway, good post
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#156 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 4:39 am

CJackson wrote:Call your dog Mutombo and attach a fingertip to the end of their tail

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#157 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 4:50 am

Rotten Apple wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
Yeah unfortunately. Takes a lot of the fun out of games win or lose. Too much crying. I get enough of that at home with my newborn which is why I haven't been posting lately.

Congrats man! First kid?

4th :lol:

11 year old girl, 7 year old girl, 4 year old boy and now my newest addition

Congratulations. Best wishes to you and your family.
Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#158 » by Rotten Apple » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:07 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Congrats man! First kid?

4th :lol:

11 year old girl, 7 year old girl, 4 year old boy and now my newest addition

Congratulations. Best wishes to you and your family.

Thanks bro.
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#159 » by Icandoallthings » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:16 am

Greenie wrote:
Icandoallthings wrote:
Greenie wrote:You can state what you feel about Melo's game without calling him stupid, spoiled and greedy.

True story, he's called those things on a regular as if posters know the dude personally.

It's not a personal attack on me or you. Or do you feel like they are calling you those things? I apologize if I have made you feel badly it was not my intention. Most of the time we are just venting and forget about it quickly after

Im going to be real.

I see a black mans intelligence and character come into question because some fans are mad the Knicks aren't any good when the fact is the Knicks have not been good in damn near half a century.

I see a black man be called greedy for wanting to maximize is earning potential because fans want him to take less money to come play for their team.

I see a black man being called a brat because he wants to play in a damn all-star game.

I see a black man being railroaded because he posted a pic of ANOTHER black man in Ali.

That's what I see. It's one thing to insult his game. It's another to insult who he is as a man and let those insults tip toe that line in the sand.

You mad he didn't wait to come here? Fine. That doesn't make him greedy or selfish for looking out for his family.

You mad he wants to play in All-star games? Fine. That doesn't make him a brat.

Some posters speak on Melo as if they are chastising a child...and they do the same to posters who stick up for Melo. They just word it fancy because they think they can talk over everyone's head like no one comprehended what they just typed.

As I said, I have no issues with people going in on Melo the player. Lord knows he deserves it. I feel some type of way when people(not you per say) start the over the top extra.

That is all.

Thank you for a very thoughtful and genuine response it actually makes me think. Honestly I think I am beginning to appreciate your perspective. OTOH I deliberately separate the player from the person otherwise I can't really enjoy sports. When I call Rose dumb I am(usually) referring to his decisions on the court. When I call Melo selfish I want him to pass the ball. When I say a guy is overpaid it's because I want everyone to be a valuable asset. The rest of the time I am just venting about the game and I hope(perhaps naively) that is what most of the others are doing. If I get carried away or go over the line PM me. #StayMe7o
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#160 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:37 am

WAAAAAHHHHH WAAAAAHHHHH waaaaahhhhh WAAAAAAHHHH waaaaahhhhh

The waaaambulance is here!
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks