ImageImageImageImageImage

Rank Carmelo Anthony in the league

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Where does Melo rank in the league

top 15
4%
top20
17%
top 30
36%
top 50
28%
Tank
14%

Total votes: 166

TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,861

Rank Carmelo Anthony in the league 

Post#1 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:12 am

22/6/3
eFG%: 48
3p%: 36
PER: 19.3

Seems like a good discussion. Where does the board think Melo ranks in the league?

Is he a player we can build around to compete?
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Re: Rank Carmelo Anthony in the league 

Post#2 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 am

It is a good discussion, but stuff like this tends to get locked for some reason. Anyway, to answer your questions - I'm not sure where he ranks and he's not good enough to build around as your best player anymore.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#3 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:24 am

Probably somewhere in the 20-35 range most nights. Just not elite enough offensively like he once was that let him hover in the 8-15 range.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
mrKnickShot
Junior
And1: 74

Post#4 » by mrKnickShot » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:09 am

is this just offensively or should we considering his defense as well?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,974

Post#5 » by DaGawd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:14 am

I'm truly baffled he felt Slam's ranking of him at 15 was disrespectful..That was actually quite generous of them
BaF
Washington Wizards
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#6 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:19 am

Funny, I remember Greenie, Illmatic, and LJ4PointPlay with pitchforks and knives when I said Melo wasn't top 20 2 months ago.

Honestly, he's a borderline top 50 player in the NBA today. A 3rd banana on a championship team, if that.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#7 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:42 am

Mecca wrote:Funny, I remember Greenie, Illmatic, and LJ4PointPlay with pitchforks and knives when I said Melo wasn't top 20 2 months ago.

Honestly, he's a borderline top 50 player in the NBA today. A 3rd banana on a championship team, if that.

Honestly. How many times you going to bring up a convo that happened in BAT two months ago. Every where I see you keep mentioning what was said at the beginning of the season. You even brought that up how "right" you were. Just a couple of Hrs ago in BAT as well. Realize you the only one that keeps talking about that.You feel good about something that was left alone two months ago? You get a cookie.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#8 » by whocares1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:Funny, I remember Greenie, Illmatic, and LJ4PointPlay with pitchforks and knives when I said Melo wasn't top 20 2 months ago.

Honestly. How many times you going to bring up a convo that happened in BAT two months ago. Every where I see you keep mentioning what was said at the beginning of the season. You even brought that up how "right" you were. Just a couple of Hrs ago in BAT as well. Realize you the only one that keeps talking about that.You feel good about something that was left alone two months ago? You get a cookie.

Just give the man an and1 and be done with it.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#9 » by Sark » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 am

He's top 30 still I think, because he is still a very good scorer. But if he's not scoring, he really has no other way to effect the outcome of a game. His defense and passing are bottom of the league bad.

The past few games I tried to really pay attention to his movements throughout the court. On offense, he basically runs to the high post, and waits for the ball so he can iso. If the ball is swung away from him, he doesn't really move. He just waits there. He doesn't set screens, he doesn't cut. I mean there are a few plays here and there, where he won't be in the post, but about 75% of the time you can find him near the paint, waiting for the ball. Defense is the same. He runs to the paint, and guards around the free throw line. Doesn't really run out to shooters. Just kinda stays near the high post.
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#10 » by riter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:02 am

Melo as a stretch 4 is a much better player than Melo as a 3.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#11 » by NoStatsGuy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:20 am

hes the best player on many teams. i dont have a top 30 list in my head right now, but im pretty sure melos in it
im bout dat action boss
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#12 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:28 am

Top 30. Not the player he was
:beer: RIP mags
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#13 » by Yankeeknickfan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Top 25
Imageceltics
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#14 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:58 pm

I think the better question where does the rest of the team built around him rank in the league?

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Mecca
RealGM

Post#15 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:07 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

Dawg, the debate we got in about this topic was pretty fiery, and y'all were acting like I was crazy/disrespectful/or lacked BBIQ. Of course Ima bring it up if a topic on the board is where Melo's ranked. I won't speak on it anymore if it infuriates you.

And when Melo dropped like 40 on Charlotte, you jumped back in the topic to gloat that you were right, I can't do the same?
Brooklyn Nets
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#16 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:08 pm

I made my own top 25 rankings couple weeks ago, and I didnt have him on the list. Tried to be unbiased as possible but his defense really hurts him. Add in the fact that hes been inconsistent offensively this season and I had to leave him off.

Falls anywhere between 26-35.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#17 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Since the ORL debacle

23.8 PPG 5.5 RPG 4.1 APG 0.8 SPG 0.5 SPG
47% FG% / 47% 3PT% / 73% FT

Knicks record over those 8 games? 2-6. Should be 5-3 but had 3 epic meltdowns.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#18 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Dawg, the debate we got in about this topic was pretty fiery, and y'all were acting like I was crazy/disrespectful/or lacked BBIQ. Of course Ima bring it up if a topic on the board is where Melo's ranked. I won't speak on it anymore if it infuriates you.

And when Melo dropped like 40 on Charlotte, you jumped back in the topic to gloat that you were right, I can't do the same?

This was all in the context of that momment. The played charlotte back to back. You still talking about it like you butt hurt by it. It actually does not bother me. I find it corny that a grown man has been patting himself on the back for two months over a debate in BAT. You must never been "right" in your life till now. Keep talking about it actually, cause it shows your character not mines. I ended that talk two+ months ago. If its still on your mind thats on you. I have fiery convos with a bunch of posters and we all move on after the fact. You the only one who is almost in every thread when Melo's name is brought up.... " Yo they had the pitchforks for me" SMH. You making it more serious than we were.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#19 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:51 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

This was all in the context of that momment. The played charlotte back to back. You still talking about it like you butt hurt by it. It actually does not bother me. I find it corny that a grown man has been patting himself on the back for two months over a debate in BAT. You must never been "right" in your life till now. Keep talking about it actually, cause it shows your character not mines. I ended that talk two+ months ago. If its still on your mind thats on you. I have fiery convos with a bunch of posters and we all move on after the fact. You the only one who is almost in every thread when Melo's name is brought up.... " Yo they had the pitchforks for me" SMH. You making it more serious than we were.

Naah b, when you have a debate with someone and they act like you're ignorant/crazy and end up being correct, you can gloat a little. I only brought it up because the topic pertains to this debate. Y'all acted like I was off my rocker, now wanna say I lack character when I bring it up? lol aite
Brooklyn Nets
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#20 » by MP4LIFE » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:Dawg, the debate we got in about this topic was pretty fiery, and y'all were acting like I was crazy/disrespectful/or lacked BBIQ. Of course Ima bring it up if a topic on the board is where Melo's ranked. I won't speak on it anymore if it infuriates you.

Naah b, when you have a debate with someone and they act like you're ignorant/crazy and end up being correct, you can gloat a little. I only brought it up because the topic pertains to this debate. Y'all acted like I was off my rocker, now wanna say I lack character when I bring it up? lol aite

All good bro. He and his like do this to everyone and then pretend "I am cool with mostly everyone" to almost excuse the way they act. Keep doing you.

Return to New York Knicks