ImageImageImageImageImage

Worse situation: Knicks or Nyets?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Which is the worse NY basketball situation right now?

Knicks
16%
Nets
74%
Both are equally bad
10%

Total votes: 133

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: Worse situation: Knicks or Nyets? 

Post#141 » by HEZI » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:48 am

LostInACrowd wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
LostInACrowd wrote:
Moteijunas's deal wasn't a dodged bullet. The contract was set up so the Nets had the option to drop him after every year. If they didn't like him, they would only of had to pay him for this year.

The Crabbe deal probably was a dodged bullet. But a 24 year old who shoots 46% fg, 43% 3pt and 85% ft and plays good defense would of fit in pretty well on a Nets team that's among the leaders in 3pt shots taken and one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

But what exactly was Crabbe going to do for the Nets anyways? He's an average player and the Nets knew that to even get that type of player to sign with them they had to be willing to overpay. What for? If he was like the missing piece to the puzzle then ok I understand, but the Nets weren't going anywhere and everybody knew it. You can add Crabbe to the mix and they still wouldn't have won more than 10 games so far this season. It made way more sense for the Blazers to resign him because they were a playoff team that wasn't looking to break up it's team after winning 45 games last season. But for the Nets to sign him to that deal in hopes of him becoming some key piece to a 20 win team was questionable.

What you are saying would make sense if he were 30+ years old. But, he is 24. They weren't signing him for just this year. The Nets are looking for young talent that might become part of the core in 4-5 years.

I'm not sure who you think they should have been trying to sign that was available and willing to play for them.

I see your point. The free agent market kind of sucked last year
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Knicklyn718
Sophomore
And1: 115

Post#142 » by Knicklyn718 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:37 am

SMAC-K wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
I was ready to like them. Maybe even as a second team. Then they started doing the same things NYK was doing and worse and somehow became the darling of the NBA world for it. People talk about the Garnett/Pierce trade but almost as bad was the trade where they acquired Gerald Wallace in the first place for the pick that became Lillard. And the Deron trade was a carbon copy of the Melo trade and for a guy whose attitude had already shown a worse turn.

This methodical, humble version I can dig. They know what they did.

yeah man, i was rooting for them to win a title in the early 2000's. New Jersey like the 6th Borough.

Then all of a sudden i seen this one time in midtown

Man, i stared at that for a minute. I'm like damn jigga, how you let him use you like a mascot.

You was rockin a Sprewell jersey in your h to the izzo video

You was rockin a Rice jersey in Memphis Bleek's Do my ladies run video

I ran into some delusional Nets fans in sports bars around downtown Brooklyn talking shxxxt. I'm like nah b, i'm not gonna let y'all disrespect the my Knicks just because y'all moved to Brooklyn. They got humbled after their plans failed

i still got my eyes on them muddasuckas tho

Jay Z had money invested in both the Nets franchise as well as the Barcleys Center. He wasn't being used as a mascot, he was trying to promote a product that he invested in.

Oh you mean the 1% right?
I remember Jigga made it seem like he owned the majority of the Nets and his delusional stans falling for it
Mikhail Prokhorov still used Jigga.
Even tho gentrification was going on before, that arena made it official and Prokhorov needed his poster boy.
Jigga did an interview on Jimmy Kimmel talking about the old Brooklyn.

Someone in the audience said he sold out Brooklyn at 0:43
Jigga replied saying “No i didn't..... It was gonna happen anyway” :blank:

Get ya money tho
ImageImage
HEZI
RealGM

Post#143 » by HEZI » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:25 am

Knicklyn718 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:
yeah man, i was rooting for them to win a title in the early 2000's. New Jersey like the 6th Borough.

Then all of a sudden i seen this one time in midtown

Man, i stared at that for a minute. I'm like damn jigga, how you let him use you like a mascot.

You was rockin a Sprewell jersey in your h to the izzo video

You was rockin a Rice jersey in Memphis Bleek's Do my ladies run video

I ran into some delusional Nets fans in sports bars around downtown Brooklyn talking shxxxt. I'm like nah b, i'm not gonna let y'all disrespect the my Knicks just because y'all moved to Brooklyn. They got humbled after their plans failed

i still got my eyes on them muddasuckas tho

Jay Z had money invested in both the Nets franchise as well as the Barcleys Center. He wasn't being used as a mascot, he was trying to promote a product that he invested in.

I remember Jigga made it seem like he owned the majority of the Nets and his delusional stans falling for it
Even tho gentrification was going on before, that arena made it official and Prokhorov needed his poster boy.

Get ya money tho

I don't think it was even 1%, I think I read somewhere that it was only like a fraction of 1%

Sure Prokhorov used Jay Z to help him promote the team but at the same time Jay Z was using Prokhorov to make more money for himself. They were business partners and both did what they did to help themselves. Jay Z knew what he was doing
DENVER NUGGETS
pwayknicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 708

Post#144 » by pwayknicks » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:14 am

Capn'O wrote:
Icandoallthings wrote:
bklynstoops wrote:i wouldn't say better but at least they took a direction.

IDK personally but reading stuff like this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

"You’ve got to be careful saying we’re going to hit this one of out of the park,” Marks said. “If that’s the only deals you’re going for, that can get you in trouble. Where we’re at, we’re going to be systematic in how we approach whether it’s free agency, whether it’s the draft, whether it’s acquisitions from Europe or wherever it may be, and build the team that way. It’s about singles and doubles, not always home runs.”

“The Nets adding a first-round pick, it’s not easy; those picks aren’t easy to get,” coach Kenny Atkinson said. “It excites me. “We got Caris [LeVert] and Isaiah [Whitehead], and you add another young guy, another young asset. Sean and his group did a great job in the draft, so that’s really exciting. I’m excited about that.”

“We’re going to be looking at where we can find undervalued players, and again that could be anywhere,” he said. “That can be from the D-League, NBA, leagues in Europe, Australia, you name it. We’re going to be looking anywhere, where are the guys that are undervalued. … We’ll see what happens. That’s just one way but we’ll also look at guys we know have value and are surefire bets as well.”

“There were plenty of things thrown our way. It’s been a busy 48 hours for every team,” said Marks. “Every team is strategic in what they bring in and also what they send out. We evaluated everything, and at the end of the day, I think we got better.”

Its like basketball opium to a fanbase.

Marks is doing very well. The singles and doubles are what we needed to hit here and we didn't. Rubio notwithstanding as that trade would have been straight robbery. Hopefully some of that comes on draft night, with our pick becoming a home run.

What do you count whg? Home run? He's a single or double
Justin holiday single
Kuz single

We have 1 bad contract (Noah)
1 very good young player
A top 8 pick this year
Anyone who says we are even remotely in similar position is smoking some serious stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
Knicklyn718
Sophomore
And1: 115

Post#145 » by Knicklyn718 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:03 am

SMAC-K wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

Get ya money tho

I don't think it was even 1%, I think I read somewhere that it was only like a fraction of 1%

Sure Prokhorov used Jay Z to help him promote the team but at the same time Jay Z was using Prokhorov to make more money for himself. They were business partners and both did what they did to help themselves. Jay Z knew what he was doing

That's why i said he should just get his money. Who cares what these original Brooklynites think about you selling out because in the end your money is all that counts, right?
:blank:
ImageImage
HEZI
RealGM

Post#146 » by HEZI » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Knicklyn718 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:Oh you mean the 1% right?

Get ya money tho

That's why i said he should just get his money. Who cares what these original Brooklynites think about you selling out because in the end your money is all that counts, right?

How did he sell out? Wasn't the team and the arena good for Brooklyn? It created a bunch of jobs and attracted more traffic to the borough thus helping out local businesses around the area. That's just an outside looking in perspective since I don't live in NY anymore, but I figured it was actually a good thing for Brooklyn, no?
DENVER NUGGETS
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#147 » by Icandoallthings » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:44 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I like Caris, but a 1:1 deal for Willy is an atrocious deal for the Knicks.
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#148 » by Icandoallthings » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I like Caris, but a 1:1 deal for Willy is an atrocious deal for the Knicks.

Willy will be more valuable to the Knicks as long as we have the Noah contract. The Nets don't have terrible contracts like Noah, Lance so the lower cost would not help them like it would us.
The Nets seem to be trying to build a culture akin to the Spurs but it is going to take a long time for them to get the talent.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#149 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:14 am

SMAC-K wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

How did he sell out? Wasn't the team and the arena good for Brooklyn? It created a bunch of jobs and attracted more traffic to the borough thus helping out local businesses around the area. That's just an outside looking in perspective since I don't live in NY anymore, but I figured it was actually a good thing for Brooklyn, no?

No that Arena was not Good for Brooklyn. So many small business were forced to move. Many People homes were bought and forced to leave in that area. That same Downtown Brooklyn Fulton strip that you spoke of 10+ years ago is a Mall of any town in America. Most of the local stores were bought so that we can get a Gap or Aeropostale and stores like that. That Arena was as Good for Brooklyn as much as gentrification was.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#150 » by HEZI » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:29 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
Knicklyn718 wrote:

No that Arena was not Good for Brooklyn. So many small business were forced to move. Many People homes were bought and forced to leave in that area. That same Downtown Brooklyn Fulton strip that you spoke of 10+ years ago is a Mall of any town in America. Most of the local stores were bought so that we can get a Gap or Aeropostale and stores like that. That Arena was as Good for Brooklyn as much as gentrification was.

Gotcha. Yeah I did not know this but now it makes more sense
DENVER NUGGETS

Return to New York Knicks