ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo #8 - The No Trade Trade Talk Continues

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Re: Melo #8 - The No Trade Trade Talk Continues 

Post#1961 » by Rotten Apple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 am

Thugger HBC wrote:I am curious what someone thinks is a fair package for Melo.

Name the combination of player, picks or contracts in return....specific names are NOT REQUIRED.

For instance....younger player with potential, future 1st, maybe two, both could be in the 20 and up range, but one unprotected.

Expiring contract to match the salary, young player with role player potential maybe a 3&D guy or back up guard who can score and a 1st round pick(non protected)
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,935

Post#1962 » by F N 11 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:31 am

Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:He's our best player.
He can create his own shots.
He can play off ball
He can score with his back to the basket
Solid passer
Helps open the floor for others with him being doubled

Basketball reasons galore

Beating around the bush I see. Since you want to name some things he can do instead of naming a reason why he should be here I'll give you some things he can't do.

Make his teammates better
Get to the free throw line
Play man to man defense
Help defense
Create an effective shot
Pass when not doubled
Be a Leader
Carry us to the playoffs
Shoot over 45% from the field (only twice as a Knick in 7 years, 46.1 and 45.2%.
Adapt to coaching style

Now that I named some things he can't do I'll give you reasons why he should and should not be here.

Carmelo should be here because his son has grew up as a young child in he city for the past 7 years. His wife LaLa has been able to see her husband as well as do a lot of acting in the city. With Dolan at the helm as well as being able to meet different moguls and business people, Melo can venture out into the business world and create opportunities for himself and his family for years to come. He still puts fans in the seats believe it or not. Has a dedicated fan base.

Here are some basketball reasons why Melo should not be here.
Melo will be 33 in May and his explosiveness is pretty much shot. He can't get by guys like he use to. With the emergence of kristaps Porzingis and Willy Hernangomez, the Knicks have two young talented pieces. Many don't want to say it but kristaps is a franchise talent. He has all the skills and ability to do so and those that hate the young man who is up in every category in his second year on a dysfunctional team is a pure hater. With this said, we have failed another band aid experiment to help Melo reach his goals of winning in NYC. Therefore we should be going the rebuild route. This years draft is excellent and we have a chance to be in the top 5 to draft another good young player to pair with KP.

That is exciting for NYC because free agents clearly don't want to come so it's finally time to build from within. Unfortunately I don't think Melo should be part of the Rebuild. However since Melo has not shown signs to care about anything but himself the Knicks are only able to trade him to a few destinations which is hindering the possibility of a good return. That's why he has his Ntc and has the right to use it how he wants. So he probably will not be traded.

Some people think about the now. Get happy about good looking stats and a name instead of good overall team play and the future. I'm ready for a clean slate. Melo should want a clean slate too be but winning is not more important than living comfortably to him. That's facts!

KP is a elite role player. He can't carry ****. If he could his game wouldn't look the way it does.

I see what's what around here. All the KP fans hate Melo. It's Lin all over again. Guess what? Lin still ain't ****. :lol:

Can't wait until it's time for Phil to tweet about KP.

Yeah I post a ton of facts and this is what you respond with. Classic
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#1963 » by Rotten Apple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:32 am

K P 6 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Melo Gif before #9

clear it up. Not talking about drama, winning, When he says he wants it he's taking about the big shot. He wants to take it. That's not surprising.

and he's been hitting them :lol:

I want it AND Ima make it.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,935

Post#1964 » by F N 11 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:32 am

Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Melo Gif before #9

clear it up. Not talking about drama, winning, When he says he wants it he's taking about the big shot. He wants to take it. That's not surprising.

Stay in your feelings.

Lmao he said it in the post game ahhhaha y'all kill me
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1965 » by Triple C » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:34 am

Read on Twitter

Melo to Boston confirmed
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,189

Post#1966 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:34 am

Thugger HBC wrote:I am curious what someone thinks is a fair package for Melo.

Name the combination of player, picks or contracts in return....specific names are NOT REQUIRED.

For instance....younger player with potential, future 1st, maybe two, both could be in the 20 and up range, but one unprotected.

I thought the Bulls deal (Rondo + Taj Or Mirotic + their first + Sacto arrangement) and non Net pick Celtic deals (Smart + their 2018 + Memphis 2019 + filler) were about right. Something like that. Or that horrible Clippers deal where they add in an unprotected years out and a swap.

Spoiler:
would probably get talked down from the swap
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#1967 » by Rotten Apple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:35 am

Make his teammates better- false
Get to the free throw line- thats on the refs
Play man to man defense- false, his off ball defense is the issue
Help defense- yes he needs to get his feet out of quick sand
Create an effective shot- false, best shot creator in the league
Pass when not doubled- false, great passer out of the double team
Be a Leader- false
Carry us to the playoffs- was doing it until Phil came in and ruined everything
Shoot over 45% from the field (only twice as a Knick in 7 years, 46.1 and 45.2%.- he's at 44% only hell 1 percentage point
Adapt to coaching style- false he's adapted to every coach and system we've run aside from the end of the D'Antoni era where Mike needed to go but Woody, Fisher and Hornacek have all him had no issues with Melo.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#1968 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:35 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
How do you duck every wager I offer you? You should know more because you watch the games and I don't, right? I'm giving you blind bets and you cower away from them. First it was 25-12... I said wager me.. you folded. Then you said 18-8.. I said wager me.. you ignored me. So I don't have to watch the garbage ass knicks play (even though I do) because you not wanting to back your squad is proof that I'm right.

It's like a person watching another person get mauled by a lion.. why would I want to watch it when I already know the outcome.. the person gets mauled to death. You'd sit there and watch that person get mauled by a lion because A) you don't live in a realistic world and think the person still has a shot to get out alive and B) you enjoy watching a person get mauled by a lion. Now who's the dumb ass? You or me? Who's the guy that puts on his donut stained Melo jersey.. sits down to watch every fricking miserable Knicks game thinking they have a shot at winning (when they don't) then kicks his dog when they lose and screams upstairs to his mom to make him some chocolate milk because the Knicks lost?

So you guys can keep going on and on about how I don't watch basketball because you're little idol Shammdolan said so. And I'll keep chilling in the game thread laughing at Melo trying to play basketball.

yeah anyway how do you have an opinion on something you aren't watching?

You don't have see the trash to know it stinks. But if you really think he isn't watching at all then you're the fool.

It's this little kick they're all into now when they want to insult me.. that I don't watch basketball so I shouldn't have an opinion.

If I'm the one not watching and all these guys are the ones watching why doesn't it show when they talk about it? How could anyone in their right mind.. sit there and watch 40 Knick games and then predict on a public forum that the team was going to go 25-12? But I'm the one who needs to watch the games in order to talk. :lol:

I'm here.. I'm in game threads.. I'm in post game threads. I'm watching.. I just choose not to watch bad basketball as much as they do. If it makes me.. the guy with over 30,000 posts less of a fan I'm better off for it. I could stop watching basketball forever and these kids will still not watch as much basketball as I have in my life. That's why guys like me and you don't have to watch too much of it anymore.. we've seen it all before.. it's just a never ending cycle.. why would we want to is the question they should be asking themselves.
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#1969 » by Rotten Apple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:36 am

K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:clear it up. Not talking about drama, winning, When he says he wants it he's taking about the big shot. He wants to take it. That's not surprising.

Stay in your feelings.

Lmao he said it in the post game ahhhaha y'all kill me

He made the shots, you should be happy about that
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1970 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:36 am

More and more, it looks like nothing will happen concerning Anthony by Thursday’s deadline. There are many factors involved: Anthony’s age, 32; his full no-trade clause; his 15 percent trade kicker. All have been discussed and dissected.

“The biggest thing that will affect Carmelo is to waive his no-trade and give them the opportunity to talk to more than just the obvious teams — Celtics, Clippers and Cavs,” the talent evaluator said. “The Knicks would be better served to do this in the summer, when more teams are available, or on draft night when they steal a pick or so. For now, the Celtics don’t even make the list. They’re not going to give up a whole lot for Carmelo. What do the Cavs have to offer other than Love?”

http://nypost.com/2017/02/20/why-demarcus-cousins-isnt-domino-for-carmelo-trade/
Shoryuken
Pro Prospect
And1: 560

Post#1971 » by Shoryuken » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 am

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Melo to Boston confirmed

i just see eyeballs. maybe he's talking about davis/cousins
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#1972 » by Rotten Apple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 am

ibraheim718 wrote:It's this little kick they're all into now when they want to insult me.. that I don't watch basketball so I shouldn't have an opinion.

I didn't say you can't have an opinion but how can you form one, a quality one at that, if you aren't watching the team on a daily basis?
Shoryuken
Pro Prospect
And1: 560

Post#1973 » by Shoryuken » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:39 am

Read on Twitter
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1974 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:40 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:You have a quarter and someone offers you a penny because you're too weak to hold it. What do you do. According to some, you take it.

Money in the pocket is worth more than "future" money because you can invest it. If picks are in future, you don't accept only one...and you sure as hell don't take back **** contracts.

I got the behind the scenes footage of your convo before this post. :o :lol:

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#1975 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:41 am

Rotten Apple wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:It's this little kick they're all into now when they want to insult me.. that I don't watch basketball so I shouldn't have an opinion.

I didn't say you can't have an opinion but how can you form one, a quality one at that, if you aren't watching the team on a daily basis?

So now the team plays on a daily basis? Are you sure you're watching the right sport?
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#1976 » by Rotten Apple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:42 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

So now the team plays on a daily basis? Are you sure you're watching the right sport?

Keep avoiding the question. But if you aren't watching games then your opinion can't hold much water no matter how "knowledgable" you or others feel you are.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#1977 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:43 am

Rotten Apple wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

Keep avoiding the question. But if you aren't watching games then your opinion can't hold much water no matter how "knowledgable" you or others feel you are.

Why because you said so? :lol:
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#1978 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:43 am

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Melo to Boston confirmed

won't get my hopes up. i've resigned to believing Melo is here to stay. Wish we could send him to Boston tho; don't know if he'd accept a trade there
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#1979 » by Rotten Apple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Why because you said so? :lol:

Because how can you have an opinion on something you don't watch :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,189

Post#1980 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:45 am

Ainge finally relinquished a Net pick, I'd reckon. Probably next year's.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks