ImageImageImageImageImage

NYK fans at MSG are the problem

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Re: NYK fans at MSG are the problem 

Post#41 » by symbiotic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:26 am

Ruh Roh
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#42 » by Oscirus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 am

BeagleBoss wrote:
Greenie wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
She's a racist, ugly and was embarrassing cheering like they won the championship.

???

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/

Are you really using breitbart to call someone out on being racist?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#43 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:43 am

i rather us cheer for our team instead of booing our own players
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#44 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 am

Oscirus wrote:

Yeah....
But Leslie said all of this sooooo.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#45 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:11 am

Its easier to root for losses at home than in person at the game.

Went to the Nuggets game, and it was just weird rooting for them to lose, so for 1 night only I wanted them to W. Was legit annoyed at the dumb defensive mistakes they made that game, if I were home I wouldve loved the bad defense.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#46 » by Oscirus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:20 am

Greenie wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

Yeah....

1. Posting Breitbart's vile defense of the heinous **** that the pedophile tweeted at her means nothing. Especially when that **** that was posted was basically Leslie's **** comedy routine and not much else.
2. Even if I ignored that, it still doesn't answer to the hypocrisy of using a racist website to indignantly prove that someone else is racist.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#47 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 am

Oscirus wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Are you really using breitbart to call someone out on being racist?

Yeah....

1. Posting Breitbart's vile defense of the heinous **** that the pedophile tweeted at her means nothing. Especially when that **** that was posted was basically Leslie's **** comedy routine and not much else.
2. Even if I ignored that, it still doesn't answer to the hypocrisy of using a racist website to indignantly prove that someone else is racist.

True...

I'm going to take a nap
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#48 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:02 pm

man, i was coming in here ready to rip the OP apart for suggesting that knicks fans need to stop booing while at MSG.

i'm glad to see you're on the good side. us fans need to boo the **** out of dolan and co.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#49 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Safe to say we're actually intelligent people on these forums..... but what the **** is wrong with the fans, the fans should boo the hell this team down the stretch. They should boo Phil Jackson throughout the season. They should demand what we deserve. It's an absolute joke that we have fans that show up to games that have such low IQ with basketball. They're the fans that want the Knicks to sign crazy contracts. Stupid.

Most of the real fans of this team can't afford the games. I'm a working professional and going to knicks games is way too expensive for me. That and it's also not worth it considering the piss poor product out on the court. The only knicks game I went to this season was at Barclay's. Funny enough most of the crowd were knicks fans and yeah they were booing.
i know you are not suggesting that people who can afford a ticket can't be real fans

I'd contend that I'm a real fan
I had season tickets for 15+ years and shared them with friends, also real fans.

Just because I'm successful and make money doesn't mean I'm less of a fan

Just like NYers are "real Americans"
Not just trump voters get that designation

i agree with you, NLR. but i have an ok paying job, but i still have trouble paying $90 for nosebleeds to this team. i would look for tickets all the time this season. i haven't gone the past 2 years because prices are really high.

but you are right. those who can afford tickets are no more or less "true fans" than those who cannot.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#50 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Are you really using breitbart to call someone out on being racist?

Yeah....

i don't know who she is (edit: i recognized her, she was on an episode of The League), but if she's a comedian, then they're doing it to be funny (some things i disagree, like black people can't be republicans: republicans have a belief, and that is smaller government, less taxes. but she's doing it to be funny so who cares?). i think some of the funniest things on instagram are the, "white people won't...(eat beef, eat salt, drink diet sodas, etc.)...but will do **** like this...(picture of them petting a bear, throwing their baby 50 feet in the air, have a meal on a sky scraper, etc of other stupid ****).
RIP, magnumt '19

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#51 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:46 pm

br7knicks wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Most of the real fans of this team can't afford the games. I'm a working professional and going to knicks games is way too expensive for me. That and it's also not worth it considering the piss poor product out on the court. The only knicks game I went to this season was at Barclay's. Funny enough most of the crowd were knicks fans and yeah they were booing.
i know you are not suggesting that people who can afford a ticket can't be real fans

I had season tickets for 15+ years and shared them with friends, also real fans.

i agree with you, NLR. but i have an ok paying job, but i still have trouble paying $90 for nosebleeds to this team. i would look for tickets all the time this season. i haven't gone the past 2 years because prices are really high.

but you are right. those who can afford tickets are no more or less "true fans" than those who cannot.

part of the problem for that is MSG themselves

season tix holders can sell through their website but can only discount slightly below market value
obviously you can offer whatever on stub hub

and MSG makes you pay for preseason games at the same price

MSG fleeces ticket buyers but the people who go to the games and cheer for their team to win are not the problem, never have been, never will be
br7knicks

Post#52 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:29 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:i know you are not suggesting that people who can afford a ticket can't be real fans

part of the problem for that is MSG themselves

season tix holders can sell through their website but can only discount slightly below market value
obviously you can offer whatever on stub hub

and MSG makes you pay for preseason games at the same price

MSG fleeces ticket buyers but the people who go to the games and cheer for their team to win are not the problem, never have been, never will be

i primarily use stub hub to buy my tickets. is it cheaper to go through the MSG website?

i agree it's not the fans that cheer for their team that are the problem. but i think dolan needs to continue to hear boos at him and the rest of the FO. while i'm sure he doesn't care, as long as he's making money, it does bother him as it did with that one fan that was in the news article a few weeks ago.
RIP, magnumt '19

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#53 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Its easier to root for losses at home than in person at the game.

Went to the Nuggets game, and it was just weird rooting for them to lose, so for 1 night only I wanted them to W. Was legit annoyed at the dumb defensive mistakes they made that game, if I were home I wouldve loved the bad defense.

A number of years ago I went with a friend to TD Garden to see the Knicks vs the Cs. That was the game that the Knicks lost by a lot of points and almost had the club record for least number of points in a game. Being the sarcastic Knick fan I am, I started the defense chant with 50 seconds left and everyone left in the arena joined in. Nate put up a 3 at the end and the record wasn't broken.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#54 » by Handledatruth » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Yeah....

The term racist is too loosely used these days. I would say a majority of people are racist or have said racist things based on the literal definition. However, the only racism I worry about is when someone is actually infringing upon my rights based on my skin color. I'm from the "sticks and stones" era I guess.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#55 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:54 pm

The fans are never to blame. Anyone actually involved with the on-court performance who does so is foolish. And knows they're guilty.

Ownership spends money, but the fans are the only ones paying in to a franchise. Everyone else involved is getting paid. To hold the fans responsible for the lack of performance by a person being paid millions to do a job is ridiculous.

The fans pay and watch. They invest the most and affect the outcome the least. Every single person being paid in the league is a self-entitled jackass. Even the ones we like. Even as Jackson felt he was holding himself accountable, he blamed injuries for his failures. There's no excuse for the Noah contract at all. The fans have nothing to do with his shortcomings.

Return to New York Knicks