ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks pick up option on Phil Jackson for final 2 years

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Re: Knicks pick up option on Phil Jackson for final 2 years 

Post#321 » by Billy Goat » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 am

whocares1 wrote:
ny-n-md wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Yeah, what a mess Phil's created
We only have a future franchise player, a stud in Willy, a couple good future role players, all our first round picks, and plenty of cap flexibility

Look at the team in 2014, that was a mess
One pick over the next 3 drafts
Not one, but TWO albatross contracts in Amare and Bargnani
No good young players

We're so much worse off now than we were then, someone please save us!

That seems like a whole lot of assumptions being made. We don't know whether KP is franchise material yet, Willy is a stud or if the role players will pan out, let alone remain with this team. All we have for sure is our record and style of play. That has been a mess. Talk to me when your assumptions result in winning basketball. So far it is just hope.

The same can be said for Minnesota. Is Towns really a franchise player? Wiggins? They won as many games as the Knicks. Is Tom even a good coach? Lost to the Lakers twice + OKC without WB.

Towns absolutely. Wiggins absolutely not.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#322 » by Jimmit79 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 am

Phil wants this team too run a system with ball movement the young players he's brought seems to have bought in the older players have issues because some of them were allowed to play the way they have been their entire career. I think the right move is to get rid of players who dont like ball movement and defense until than this ship can't move forward.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#323 » by Billy Goat » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 am

Jimmit79 wrote:Phil wants this team too run a system with ball movement the young players he's brought seems to have bought in the older players have issues because some of them were allowed to play the way they have been their entire career. I think the right move is to get rid of players who dont like ball movement and defense until than this ship can't move forward.

this.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#324 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:52 am

Jimmit79 wrote:Phil wants this team too run a system with ball movement the young players he's brought seems to have bought in the older players have issues because some of them were allowed to play the way they have been their entire career. I think the right move is to get rid of players who dont like ball movement and defense until than this ship can't move forward.

KP needs to be moved too then since he likes iso plays too.

What a ball hog...
Greenie
RealGM

Post#325 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 am

knicksh20b wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
ny-n-md wrote:That seems like a whole lot of assumptions being made. We don't know whether KP is franchise material yet, Willy is a stud or if the role players will pan out, let alone remain with this team. All we have for sure is our record and style of play. That has been a mess. Talk to me when your assumptions result in winning basketball. So far it is just hope.

Guess Sam Hinkie is a terrible GM, then, cause his record is awful

I'll give you the young players are all assumptions, but we have more draft picks and a better cap situation, which is an actual fact, not an assumption

Uhh Hinkie wanted to lose.

Phil's been trying to win, while proving his triangle is awesome.

By the way, if we were going to lose this bad these past few seasons, I'd rather have Hinkie in charge of this team by a LOT.

Exactly.

Give me a team full of Baker's.
TheAttckRack
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#326 » by TheAttckRack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:23 am

The horses are midstream. Gotta' ride on.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#327 » by method » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:55 am

I was hoping he was going to see this thru....

He is the only Pres. Dolan has left alone.And the only person with enough clout to do real rebuild.Something this franchise has been due for along time now.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#328 » by Wonderllama » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:07 am

I cannot handle the triangle anymore. I cannot handle the bad contracts. I cannot handle the failure of not making the playoffs and not being bad enough to get a top pick.

I cannot!
Greenie
RealGM

Post#329 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:14 am

method wrote:I was hoping he was going to see this thru....

He is the only Pres. Dolan has left alone.And the only person with enough clout to do real rebuild.Something this franchise has been due for along time now.

He's half assing a rebuild though.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#330 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:15 am

Wonderllama wrote:I cannot handle the triangle anymore. I cannot handle the bad contracts. I cannot handle the failure of not making the playoffs and not being bad enough to get a top pick.

I cannot!

You don't have a choice. We are all upset about it. :lol:
method
RealGM

Post#331 » by method » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:26 am

Greenie wrote:
method wrote:I was hoping he was going to see this thru....

He's half assing a rebuild though.
True but he had to make some sort of an attempt to build a team around Melo and go for it.If he didn't what was the point of resigning Melo.

Rose was a low risk high reward that didn't work out.No problem he had an expiring.

Lee is signed to a nice contract and could be traded at anytime for at least a first.

Now Noah is were he screwed the poach..But still it's not franchise crippling.

All the other signing were young players on great contracts.
method
RealGM

Post#332 » by method » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:29 am

And next season he is giving the keys to Pozingas and it's time to sink or swim as the number one option.And not the 3rd op like they had him this year.

Jokic Towns them guys are # one options for there team.And they played great like franchise bigs....

I have no doubt Kristaps is going to shine.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#333 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:45 am

method wrote:And next season he is giving the keys to Pozingas and it's time to sink or swim as the number one option.And not the 3rd op like they had him this year.

Jokic Towns them guys are # one options for there team.And they played great like franchise bigs....

I have no doubt Kristaps is going to shine.

If he can stay healthy.

Return to New York Knicks