ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Conference Finals

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who's Gonna Win 'Em

Cavs
38%
Celtics
9%
Warriors
44%
Spurs
9%

Total votes: 55

Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Re: Around the NBA - Conference Finals 

Post#341 » by Kinglee » Tue May 23, 2017 6:01 am

Capn'O wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
In Game 1 he played better than KD :-)

He did as well in the first game of the season... Irrelevant. Durant destroyed him in the playoffs last year.

They had very statistically comparable seasons this year and have basically been trading off H2H victories this year. Currently they occupy the same tier.

They had comparable stats with Durant joining a super team. This was his worst statistical year in the past 5 seasons :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,131

Post#342 » by Capn'O » Tue May 23, 2017 6:10 am

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Also, the Kawhiian Island doesn't show up in the stats :D
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#343 » by Kinglee » Tue May 23, 2017 6:14 am

Capn'O wrote:Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Also, the Kawhiian Island doesn't show up in the stats :D

:lol: :lol: :x :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,131

Post#344 » by Capn'O » Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 am

Real talk though - the Warriors were prolly gonna win regardless but we were robbed of the storyline of whether Kawhi could establish himself as the league's 2nd best player if he were clearly the best player in the series. Durant was gonna bounce back but it could have happened with the way he was playing. He took another big step this year but it was all cut short so we're sorta left in limboland with the ghosts of playoff's past. Kawhi's Finals MVP and Durant's general record as a better player. Until manana, I suppose.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#345 » by Kinglee » Tue May 23, 2017 6:37 am

Capn'O wrote:Real talk though - the Warriors were prolly gonna win regardless but we were robbed of the storyline of whether Kawhi could establish himself as the league's 2nd best player if he were clearly the best player in the series. Durant was gonna bounce back but it could have happened with the way he was playing. He took another big step this year but it was all cut short so we're sorta left in limboland with the ghosts of playoff's past. Kawhi's Finals MVP and Durant's general record as a better player. Until manana, I suppose.

Perfectly said!
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#346 » by Greenie » Tue May 23, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm still riding for bae.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#347 » by Greenie » Tue May 23, 2017 1:03 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
Sark wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
Steph playing compromised with his injury during the playoffs last year combined with KD going to GS has put him in the shadows a little. He was the best player in the league during his 2 MVP seasons, imo.

Who? Steph? KD has 1 MVP.

KD is easily the second best player in the league though.

It goes

Tier1
Lebron
KD
Curry/Westbrook

Tier 2
Kawhi
Harden
Anthony Davis

I wouldnt oppose this at this point in time. Im lower on Harden than you, though. Dude is truly a one a player, great one but one way and is a BUM in clutch playoff games. I was saying during Steph's 2 MVP seasons he was the best player in the league. His stats and team record were second to none. Steph's season last year was one of the best ever.

Hot take: If KD never went to GS, Steph would be hoisting a 3rd straight MVP.

Agreed.

I'm a Warrior groupie though...
God I wish their jerseys said New York.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#348 » by King of Canada » Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Greenie wrote:I'm still riding for bae.

Bae = Shumpert? :D
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,475

Post#349 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 23, 2017 1:07 pm

kawhi deserves to be in tier 1
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,475

Post#350 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 23, 2017 1:09 pm

kawhi is the second coming of kobe
he's just getting started
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#351 » by ChaosHamster » Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 pm

lol,

Westbrook over Kawhi :lol:
Greenie
RealGM

Post#352 » by Greenie » Tue May 23, 2017 1:16 pm

King of Canada wrote:

You're not even funny...
You do think you have jokes though.
:crazy:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#353 » by j4remi » Tue May 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Kawhi was tier 1 this season, dude practically matched Bron's production once you factor in the difference in minutes. KD is right there too but the W's are so stacked he's only playing 33 mpg. He's gonna be well rested and I expect him to really gun for Bron's neck. That'll be a fun match-up.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#354 » by Kinglee » Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 pm

j4remi wrote:Kawhi was tier 1 this season, dude practically matched Bron's production once you factor in the difference in minutes. KD is right there too but the W's are so stacked he's only playing 33 mpg. He's gonna be well rested and I expect him to really gun for Bron's neck. That'll be a fun match-up.

"Matched"? That's a bit much.

But yea... Durant is going for the kill against Lebron this year. People forget, he played his ass off against Lebron in the finals years ago. He just didn't do it at the end of games. But Durant is going off this playoffs. It's amazing how underrated a guy like Steph Curry has become. He had a legitimate argument for being the best player in the league until he got injured last year. Now people acting like he's not that good. He has some personal stuff he has to handle against Kyrie this year.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#355 » by j4remi » Tue May 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Kinglee wrote:

But yea... Durant is going for the kill against Lebron this year. People forget, he played his ass off against Lebron in the finals years ago. He just didn't do it at the end of games. But Durant is going off this playoffs. It's amazing how underrated a guy like Steph Curry has become. He had a legitimate argument for being the best player in the league until he got injured last year. Now people acting like he's not that good. He has some personal stuff he has to handle against Kyrie this year.

I don't think it's as much of a stretch as people would assume
Bron: 42 mins 32 ppg, 8 rpg, 7 apg 55% from the field and 43% from three

KD: 33 mins 25 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 55% from the field and 42% from three

You give Durant 10 more mins a night and he closes the gap in points, takes over the lead in rebounds but falls short in assists. The gap between Bron and the next two guys (Kawhi and KD) is closing and it's not that Bron's performance is tailing down...those two are elevating their play.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#356 » by King of Canada » Tue May 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Greenie wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

You're not even funny...
You do think you have jokes though.
:crazy:

:rofl:
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#357 » by Kinglee » Tue May 23, 2017 3:14 pm

j4remi wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

I don't think it's as much of a stretch as people would assume
Bron: 42 mins 32 ppg, 8 rpg, 7 apg 55% from the field and 43% from three

KD: 33 mins 25 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 55% from the field and 42% from three

You give Durant 10 more mins a night and he closes the gap in points, takes over the lead in rebounds but falls short in assists. The gap between Bron and the next two guys (Kawhi and KD) is closing and it's not that Bron's performance is tailing down...those two are elevating their play.

No... You said Kawaid has matches Bron. That's what I was debating, not KD vs Lebron as that's already pretty damn close. I don't see how Kawaid enters this debate. I also thought you was talking about the regular season. Lebron numbers took a nose dive after the last game. He was averaging like 35-36 ppg.

Anyway... Until Leonard becomes a legitimate playmaker, we can blame the system or whatever, but until he reach Durant and Lebron playmaking abilities I don't think it's fair to put Leonard on their level. And none of these guys are bad defenders so Kawai edge as a PERIMETER defender doesn't close the gap on them the way their playmaking abilities separate them from Kawai.

Durant is in the discussion, but Lebron is better. Kawai isn't on their level.

Lebron
Durant

Everyone else

And like I said earlier, Curry had a legitimate case to be the best player in the league the past two years. Let's not forget he won 73 games without Durant. He won a championship against Lebron and without Durant. Leonard is a better defender than Curry, CLEARLY different worlds. But one game to win, I'm taking the guy who I'm pretty confident can go for 50 and carry my team to win a game over the guy that I feel can play good defense against the opposing team star player because that star player is still going to perform well if he's really that great.

Think people just read to anoint Kawai as the second coming and undeservingly so. We've seen the guy in the finals, we've seen him enough. He's a great player, but this season shouldn't all of a sudden make people forget about his choke in the Finals and his past playoff history against KD where KD avenged 28/8/4 on 50% while being guarded by the elite Kawai. He wasn't that great this season to somehow overtake players who were clearly better than him entering the season.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#358 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue May 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Warriors are going to need more from Klay in the finals. Those 11 PPG on bad efficiency isnt going to cut it. I can tell hes not really in a rhythm since he isnt getting the amount of shots hes accustomed to shooting.

I mean, they could still win if Steph and KD continue to score 30 PPG each, but i think LeBron and Kyrie will be able to keep up with them.

If Kevin Love can give the Cavs 20 PPG or near 20 with good efficiency, it'll make a huge difference. He gave them nada last yr in the finals and they pretty much won w/o him contributing much. Love needs to badly outplay Klay for them to have any chance. He needs to try and average 16/10. Love also needs to attack the glass. LeBron, Tristan, and Love need to pummel GS on the boards.

Im really hoping these finals are exciting. I originally had GS in 5 before the playoffs started, but Cavs have impressed me this postseason. Even though they had a disgusting meltdown last game, it was probably needed for them. Makes them refocus and reminds them they cant get too cocky.

I still do think GS wins the finals, Warriors defense is just better and more consistent. But it might not be as easy as I once thought.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
The Infamous1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,024

Post#359 » by The Infamous1 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:09 pm

If you're a Cavs or warriors fan that's cool but I just don't see how anyone else enjoys this. These playoffs have been awful and completely uncompetitive. The Spurs won 60 games and I didn't believe for a second they had a chance even if Leonard was healthy

I mean The argument people made for the terrible regular season was

"Don't worry the playoffs will be great"

That hasn't happened. Like at all.
We can get paper longer than Pippens arms
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#360 » by Red Vines » Tue May 23, 2017 4:18 pm

People on Lebron for not scoring like MJ but LBJ is not really a scorer like THAT, he's a 6'8 swiss army knife and doesn't always choose the right tool during a game. He can beat you in different ways which makes his decision making during games more complicated. Not even sure he's a top 10 one on one scorer today...

Return to New York Knicks