ImageImageImageImageImage

Carmelo Anthony by the #s

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Re: Carmelo Anthony by the #s 

Post#121 » by Rotten Apple » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:14 am

Woodshed 1914 wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
Woodshed 1914 wrote:The New York Knicks are 9-51(15%) when Carmelo Anthony is not in the lineup.......

During the Phil era?

Yes that is the Phil era. They were 71-115 (38%) when he played. Not great but he more than doubled the Kmcks chances of winning when he played. If that isn't carrying a team then I don't know what to tell these cats.

These posts of yours will be overlooked by many but wow. I can't believe that.
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#122 » by Rotten Apple » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:15 am

K-DOT wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
Woodshed 1914 wrote:The New York Knicks are 9-51(15%) when Carmelo Anthony is not in the lineup.......

During the Phil era?

Yep

If you take out the 2015 season when we were pure dog sh*t and Melo missed 42 games, I think we have maybe two wins out of 18 games without Melo

That is just pathetic. And Phil had the nerve to blame Melo.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#123 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:17 am

Billy Goat wrote:
putiger78 wrote:The overanalysis of Melo's play, career, mentality, etc. is really meaningless at this stage. It is getting really overdone. The bottom line is that he no longer makes sense given where this franchise is, no matter what you think of his game.

Melo is getting the Ewing treatment right now. So much focus on the negatives and not what he brought. Melo is no Ewing, but he has been a good warrior for us. He deserved to be treated with more dignity last year and Phil's public shaming was a disgrace.

The team has been awful since he's been here. Spare me with the rest.

Unequivocally false

Take a look at the record with Melo before PJax arrival and then the PJax tenure.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#124 » by sushibear » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:22 am

Can't wait till melo leaves and goes to a new team just to get expose. Imma be sippin my tea reading another teams forum just trashing the hell out of him.
Woodshed 1914
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#125 » by Woodshed 1914 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:23 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:

That's not really saying much. Any team missing their one and only star player will be worse without him.

It's saying a whole lot. 9-51 doesn't tell me that he was the teams one and only star. It tells me that he's the teams only player that could move the needle between wins and losses. It can't be understated how badly management failedMelo during the Phil era but what's done is done. Below is a list of players considered to be head and shoulders above melo at this point of his career:

61% - Blake Griffin's Teammates (51-32)
54% - Kevin Durant's Teammates (46-39)
44% - Paul George's Teammates (37-47):
32% - Anthony Davis Teammates (24-51)
15% - Anthony's Teammates (9-51)
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,552

Post#126 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:25 am

Woodshed 1914 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:

That's not really saying much. Any team missing their one and only star player will be worse without him.

It's saying a whole lot. 9-51 doesn't tell me that he was the teams one and only star. It tells me that he's the teams only player that could move the needle between wins and losses. It can't be understated how badly management failedMelo during the Phil era but what's done is done. Below is a list of players considered to be head and shoulders above melo at this point of his career:

I've said Melo never had good teams, but he wanted to stay here knowing had bad the management is. That's his selfish problems I guess. I can't wait for him to be gone. I do feel bad for him, but he needs to go.
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#127 » by Rotten Apple » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:32 am

sushibear wrote:Can't wait till melo leaves and goes to a new team just to get expose. Imma be sippin my tea reading another teams forum just trashing the hell out of him.

And what if he goes somewhere else and thrives? You gonna sip tea then too?

Cause we're gonna suck regardless.
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by sushibear » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:26 am

Rotten Apple wrote:
sushibear wrote:Can't wait till melo leaves and goes to a new team just to get expose. Imma be sippin my tea reading another teams forum just trashing the hell out of him.

I highly doubt that. I watched way to many knicks games to know what melo is not. It's going to be interesting. (Cue villain laugh and lightening in background)
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#129 » by Rotten Apple » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:28 am

sushibear wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

I highly doubt that. I watched way to many knicks games to know what melo is not. It's going to be interesting. (Cue villain laugh and lightening in background)

you highly doubt he can thrive in a new environment?
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#130 » by sushibear » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:39 am

Rotten Apple wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

you highly doubt he can thrive in a new environment?

From what I've seen from melo last season, I would be surprised if he isnt coming off the bench on a contending team or even a mediocre team. No team is going to put up with his inefficient iso's and bullsheit half azz defense. this ain't denver melo no more. Father time did him real dirty.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,497

Post#131 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:55 am

im sippin my tea when yall STILL tryna convince everyone melo sucks

yall haters are the jehova witnessses of this board.
instead of going door to door, yall make threads EVERY DAY praising phil as the lord and melo as the devil. FOH
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#132 » by nedleeds » Mon Jul 3, 2017 3:58 am

Well at least we can look at his defensive metrics ...

But seriously, you think he's declining that player option you are smoking chloride.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#133 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:01 am

3toheadmelo wrote:im sippin my tea when yall STILL tryna convince everyone melo sucks

instead of going door to door, yall make threads EVERY DAY praising phil as the lord and melo as the devil. FOH

This post is terrible on various different levels. see ya some time tomorrow.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#134 » by Rotten Apple » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:23 am

3toheadmelo wrote:im sippin my tea when yall STILL tryna convince everyone melo sucks

agreed, great post.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,552

Post#135 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:56 am

Thugger HBC wrote:

This post is terrible on various different levels. see ya some time tomorrow.

Good a mod said something. He's making stuff up about people making topics praising Phil. Not sure what his problem is at this point.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#136 » by battabing10 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:56 pm

Woodshed 1914 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:

Blake Griffin was drafted by the Clippers not traded for assets, gutting the team he was going to.
Paul George was drafted by the Pacers not traded for assets, gutting the team he was going to
Anthony Davis was drafted by the Pelicans not traded for assets, gutting the team he was going to.
Kevin Durant was drafted by Seattle/OKC and then went as a free agent to the Warriors-- neither event involved trading assets and gutting the team he was going to.

Apples to apples. My hunch, my premise in fact is that the Knicks would have had a much better record without Melo in the game had he waited for free agency. The actual value of your list is that it emphasizes just how bad the Knicks became and how ruinous the Melo trade actually was.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#137 » by Kinglee » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:03 pm

Not even reading this. Just wanted to say if I made this same topic about this goddamn 7'3 shooting guard that isn't s great shooter, all hell would've broken loose.

The Melo **** is getting ridiculous now.

It's pretty simple. He stays here it's because we couldn't get enough from the teams he picked to goto. Constantly harping on the same exact posts that has been said for the past few months once the Melo/Jackson beef started is getting annoying. The people that like him is going to like him the people who brain doesn't fully function is going to blame him for the team failures. Cool, we get it. Move on now!
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#138 » by MadGrinch » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:12 pm

carmelo by the #s
24.8 career points per game
3 olympic gold medals (1 bronze)
1 ncaa championship(most outstanding player award)
6 player of the month awards
18 player of the week awards
led league in scoring once
10 time all star
7 times on all nba teams
20.9 career PER
and a bunch of other stuff

the point is if 14 years from now you could say half these things about jason tatum who was drafted 3rd who scouts and analyst liken to carmelo you would say he has had an excellent career yet most of the stuff here about anthony is negative , for a guy unlike most nba players has become the player he was projected to be , if not slightly better

he cant help that he is not lebron or that the teams he has been on have failed to equip the rosters he was on to challenge for titles, if he were drafted 2nd instead of 3rd he probably would be a multiple time nba champion .

its silly to argue the what ifs , he won 54 games 4 years ago with tyson chandler , felton kidd and jr smith as his fellow starters ,

lebron just won fewer games(51) with a far better starting crew(love, thompson ,irving and a mixure of jr smith and shumpert)

melo was a great player , he is now just a good player ...but because the knicks traded a bunch of guys who ultimately didnt make too much of themselves either once they left , he was supposed to transform into someone he never was .

its ridiculous.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#139 » by battabing10 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:24 pm

MadGrinch wrote:carmelo by the #s
10 time all star
7 times on all nba teams
20.9 career PER

the point is if 14 years from now you could say half these things about jason tatum who was drafted 3rd who scouts and analyst liken to carmelo you would say he has had an excellent career yet most of the stuff here about anthony is negative , for a guy unlike most nba players has become the player he was projected to be , if not slightly better

he cant help that he is not lebron or that the teams he has been on have failed to equip the rosters he was on to challenge for titles, if he were drafted 2nd instead of 3rd he probably would be a multiple time nba champion .

its silly to argue the what ifs , he won 54 games 4 years ago with tyson chandler , felton kidd and jr smith as his fellow starters ,

lebron just won fewer games(51) with a far better starting crew(love, thompson ,irving and a mixure of jr smith and shumpert)

melo was a great player , he is now just a good player ...but because the knicks traded a bunch of guys who ultimately didnt make too much of themselves either once they left , he was supposed to transform into someone he never was .

its ridiculous.

All fine and good for Melo but the Knicks still overpaid and it is shown by the record he has compiled, comparing the Nuggets to the Knicks. Tatum? Tatum is not going to play up to his 3rd pick status. All he is is an asset to Ainge. I think Ainge will trade him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,369

Post#140 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:42 pm

MadGrinch wrote:carmelo by the #s
10 time all star
7 times on all nba teams
20.9 career PER

its ridiculous.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dantlad01.html

Return to New York Knicks