ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1941 » by WargamesX » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:48 pm

I think it’s a lack of A&R’s to not just find acts but groom/build them up. Plus 360 deals taking away the incentive for artist to tour since they don’t make nearly as much as they use to unless they can fill arenas. The main thing I think Spotify did was convince artist to make shorter songs so they can get more revenue per project.

The game is 100% messed up, but older artist need to start making their own labels (again) and signing the people they want to good deals. Cut the majors out and then go to them for a better deal
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,600

Post#1942 » by Meat » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:16 am

I love this new “grown” meek
https://youtu.be/o09Q-CGU6iA?si=IVf_4Ex32ZyApnRG
Meat
Head Coach

Post#1943 » by Meat » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:19 am

j4remi wrote:Edit:
Fixed...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It’s TikTok, labels are finding out that views and engagements don’t mean sales. It’ll correct itself, they’ll just stop signing artists only good for a 30 sec clip songs
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,215

Post#1944 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:22 am

all genres fall out of favor eventually. jazz was huge at one time, then rock became the dominant genre and jazz got pushed to the fringes. hip hop eventually overtook rock music and rock went the way of jazz. rap is gonna go that way eventually too. it's been around 50 years and became the most popular genre around the tun of the century. it's probably slowly dying out now. it's sad but that's how it goes.
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#1945 » by WargamesX » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:05 am

god shammgod wrote:all genres fall out of favor eventually. jazz was huge at one time, then rock became the dominant genre and jazz got pushed to the fringes. hip hop eventually overtook rock music and rock went the way of jazz. rap is gonna go that way eventually too. it's been around 50 years and became the most popular genre around the tun of the century. it's probably slowly dying out now. it's sad but that's how it goes.

This is true, I just don’t think the next sound is out there to replace hip hop yet….. Those other genre’s got kicked out, more than they just fell off.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,215

Post#1946 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:15 am

WargamesX wrote:
god shammgod wrote:all genres fall out of favor eventually. jazz was huge at one time, then rock became the dominant genre and jazz got pushed to the fringes. hip hop eventually overtook rock music and rock went the way of jazz. rap is gonna go that way eventually too. it's been around 50 years and became the most popular genre around the tun of the century. it's probably slowly dying out now. it's sad but that's how it goes.

This is true, I just don’t think the next sound is out there to replace hip hop yet….. Those other genre’s got kicked out, more than they just fell off.

yeah, i couldn't tell you for sure what's next. the thing that's pushing hip hop to the back right now is world music (latin, afrobeats, etc). It's hard to know if that will have true lasting power or not.
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#1947 » by WargamesX » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:55 am

god shammgod wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

yeah, i couldn't tell you for sure what's next. the thing that's pushing hip hop to the back right now is world music (latin, afrobeats, etc). It's hard to know if that will have true lasting power or not.

Maybe, idk, we seen the rise of international music before 20 years ago reggae was untouchable and then reggaeton came up and both have been there. It’s definitely a lane but the language/cultural barriers always limit the ability of new acts to break into the American mainstream and stay on top.

I actually think AI might be the next wave with custom made songs for custom made playlists, but something is definitely wrong with Hip Hop… Nas said Hip Hop was dead almost 20 years ago but maybe he should have said it was dying, and we’re just further along the process now than then.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,013

Post#1948 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:30 pm

gonna zone out to this new flygod tonight
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,677

Post#1949 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:03 am

RIP Kendrick.

Drake bodied another rapper smh

;pp=ygUZZHJha2UgZHJvcCBhbmQgZ2l2ZSBtZSA1MA%3D%3D
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,092

Post#1950 » by TerrenceClarke » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:10 am

JustBuzzin wrote:RIP Kendrick.

This a body to u?

Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1951 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:22 am

TerrenceClarke wrote:

This a body to u?

Listen to the lyrics carefully.

Social media going crazy over this flow. I'm just not sure which beat is the original version. His flow sounded the best on the "Get Money" beat imo.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1952 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am

Meat wrote:I love this new “grown” meek

Boy this didn't age well. :D

#NoDiddy
Meat
Head Coach

Post#1953 » by Meat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:53 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

This a body to u?

Listen to the lyrics carefully.

Social media going crazy over this flow. I'm just not sure which beat is the original version. His flow sounded the best on the "Get Money" beat imo.

Is social media just code for yt boys from the suburbs?
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,593

Post#1954 » by Iron Mantis » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:47 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

#NoDiddy

Diddy in some serious hot water.

They are saying Jay Z is next on their radar.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,792

Post#1955 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:03 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:

This a body to u?

cant front i thought it was AI cause drake going directly at them. he usually only does subs. he aint have this energy for pusha though. they saying kendrick been holding on a nuclear drake diss for 4 years so lets see if he finally drops it.

i was disappointed in my guy cole for back pedaling but i guess hes in a different space in this time of his life and doesn't want spend negative energy anymore. it is what it is.

i am just glad we finally got people going at each other now. even chris brown and quavo dropping diss tracks to each other lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,027

Post#1956 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:09 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:

This a body to u?

It's hard to take Aubrey the Pedophile who likes to text 13 year old girls seriously. Kendrick can end this fairly quickly if he wanted to.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1957 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

#NoDiddy

Diddy in some serious hot water.

They are saying Jay Z is next on their radar.

I always knew Jay Z had something shady about him. Any man who refers to himself as God has some serious issues.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1958 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:11 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

This a body to u?

cant front i thought it was AI cause drake going directly at them. he usually only does subs. he aint have this energy for pusha though. they saying kendrick been holding on a nuclear drake diss for 4 years so lets see if he finally drops it.

i was disappointed in my guy cole for back pedaling but i guess hes in a different space in this time of his life and doesn't want spend negative energy anymore. it is what it is.

i am just glad we finally got people going at each other now. even chris brown and quavo dropping diss tracks to each other lol

So Kendrick has had a Drake diss for years now and he's waiting to drop it?

Sounds like a guy who is hating Drake is the top dog. It's kind of hard to take Kendrick seriously he's a midget and he drops every 5 years. Like who's respecting that?

Kendrick was never in my top 5 for this reason. How you the GOAT and you only rap every 5 years smh.
Meat
Head Coach

Post#1959 » by Meat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:33 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

This a body to u?

So Kendrick has had a Drake diss for years now and he's waiting to drop it?

Sounds like a guy who is hating Drake is the top dog. It's kind of hard to take Kendrick seriously he's a midget and he drops every 5 years. Like who's respecting that?

Kendrick was never in my top 5 for this reason. How you the GOAT and you only rap every 5 years smh.

You don’t understand quality over quantity? Also top dog to who? Private school kids? Kids who’s parents vote for tump? Kids in town centered around Walmarts?
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,092

Post#1960 » by TerrenceClarke » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

This a body to u?

Yeah Cole did some corny schit. :lol:

Ross came back fast and punched Drake in the gut mad quick.

waiting on that KDot tho. I’m expecting him to be ruthless.

Even the weekend firing shots :lol:
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop

Return to New York Knicks