ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 839

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 Ngannou vs Anthony Joshua boxing, UFC 299 w/ O'Malley vs Vera 2 

Post#1201 » by Montmorencie » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Check out this recent clip of Mike. My conclusion? Smoke more weed and check out his speed! :lol:

Jake Paul is in for a world or trouble. The good news for him is that it'll be over very quickly.

Unless Mike needs some cash and its scripted. But wouldn't be surprised if its this way and still puts him to sleep sometime in the first round. :lol:
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,561

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 Ngannou vs Anthony Joshua boxing, UFC 299 w/ O'Malley vs Vera 2 

Post#1202 » by Guano » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:53 am

there is no way mike got faster since his match against roy jones.

going to be sad when he gets flatlined against a youtuber
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#1203 » by j4remi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:14 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:You didn't even mention the card tonight. :lol:

:lol: It's sooo bad. That card and some of the others coming up, are what happens when the UFC decides to stack PPV's extra heavy but still has to fulfill obligations to ESPN of three events per month.

The only truly notable fighter were Christian Rodriguez and Macy Chiasson. Everything was mid, inconsequential, or worse.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,715

Post#1204 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm

j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:You didn't even mention the card tonight. :lol:

:lol: It's sooo bad. That card and some of the others coming up, are what happens when the UFC decides to stack PPV's extra heavy but still has to fulfill obligations to ESPN of three events per month.

The only truly notable fighter were Christian Rodriguez and Macy Chiasson. Everything was mid, inconsequential, or worse.

I didn't watch one of the fights ... on YouTube
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1205 » by j4remi » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:57 pm

Some MMA news:
We get more PFL vs Bellator tomorrow, but you'll probably be at work when it kicks off...
Read on Twitter

Every Pitbull fight is a fun watch...so it'll be cool to see him debut for PFL.

Also, we've got our first major pop of the post-USADA era. Walt Harris used to be a hyped prospect for HW, but was never able to hit a real stride between a few bad losses and injuries. His story took a turn toward heartbreaking right when he finally got a nice win-streak going and put things on pause because his stepdaughter went missing.

To make a long story short, she was kidnapped and later found murdered. It clearly took a toll on him before the biggest fight of his career against Alistair Overeem. He got a couple more high-profile matchups which he lost, and now this.

Read on Twitter

This is one guy I will leave alone for popping. He's been through enough, and it's sad to think that his career is probably ending like this.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1206 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:20 pm

j4remi wrote:Some MMA news:
We get more PFL vs Bellator tomorrow, but you'll probably be at work when it kicks off...
Read on Twitter

Every Pitbull fight is a fun watch...so it'll be cool to see him debut for PFL.

Also, we've got our first major pop of the post-USADA era. Walt Harris used to be a hyped prospect for HW, but was never able to hit a real stride between a few bad losses and injuries. His story took a turn toward heartbreaking right when he finally got a nice win-streak going and put things on pause because his stepdaughter went missing.

To make a long story short, she was kidnapped and later found murdered. It clearly took a toll on him before the biggest fight of his career against Alistair Overeem. He got a couple more high-profile matchups which he lost, and now this.

Read on Twitter

This is one guy I will leave alone for popping. He's been through enough, and it's sad to think that his career is probably ending like this.

They really went after WALT HARRIS????? FOH. :noway:
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1207 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:They really went after WALT HARRIS????? FOH. :noway:

Yep, I have zero faith in them treating all fighters equally. Harris feels like an example they can point to as proof they're tough...right before Conor McGregor finishes his Roadhouse duties and comes back to the table likely loaded with more enhancers than the girl scout in Dodgeball.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1208 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm

We've got some interesting fights, but nothing too crazy later.

- Rose Namajunas returns and fights a tougher-than-skilled Amanda Ribas. Rose has fought once per year recently, and she's on a two fight slide. Ribas feels like a "get back on your feet" opponent, but offers the bonus of being really scrappy. So, it should be a fun fight, and if Rose is finished than Ribas has enough talent to pick up a huge win.

- Edman Shabazhyan was a super bright prospect who represents the last casualty of Edmond Tarvardyan's ruinous coaching career. AJ Dobson is a DWCS alum who they're trying to make work. It's a former hot prospect that fizzled out against a new hot prospect whose kinda fizzling out. But one of them can get some momentum here.

- Billy Quarantillo vs Yousseff Zalal is my most likely for fight of the night. I don't think Billy Q has ever had a boring fight and Yousseff is tough as nails. Zalal had to fight Sean Woodson and Ilia Topuria in back-to-back fights which is pretty damned rough. Since those fights he's taken a nice leap, finishing his next three opponents.

The under card has some decent prospects and Kamaru Usman's brother, but nothing I'm gonna go too deep on. They all have to show us more.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1209 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:56 am

Justin vs Max for BMF at 155 for UFC 300
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1210 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:32 am

Shabazyan is only 26??? Seems like he’s been around forever.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1211 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:05 am

j4remi wrote:We've got some interesting fights, but nothing too crazy later.

- Rose Namajunas returns and fights a tougher-than-skilled Amanda Ribas. Rose has fought once per year recently, and she's on a two fight slide. Ribas feels like a "get back on your feet" opponent, but offers the bonus of being really scrappy. So, it should be a fun fight, and if Rose is finished than Ribas has enough talent to pick up a huge win.

- Edman Shabazhyan was a super bright prospect who represents the last casualty of Edmond Tarvardyan's ruinous coaching career. AJ Dobson is a DWCS alum who they're trying to make work. It's a former hot prospect that fizzled out against a new hot prospect whose kinda fizzling out. But one of them can get some momentum here.

- Billy Quarantillo vs Yousseff Zalal is my most likely for fight of the night. I don't think Billy Q has ever had a boring fight and Yousseff is tough as nails. Zalal had to fight Sean Woodson and Ilia Topuria in back-to-back fights which is pretty damned rough. Since those fights he's taken a nice leap, finishing his next three opponents.

The under card has some decent prospects and Kamaru Usman's brother, but nothing I'm gonna go too deep on. They all have to show us more.

Nothing on Williams vs Tafa?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1212 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:48 am

Rose doesn’t appear to use calf kicks. I wonder why not?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1213 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:59 am

Ribas is like the female Dricus. Very herky jerky with a lot of movement.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1214 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:06 am

I dunno. Rose looked kinda meh. I didn’t see that fire like in the Joanna fights.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1215 » by j4remi » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Nothing on Williams vs Tafa?

Nah, I don't rate either guy too highly and I expected it to be a typical HW snorefest tbh.

HarthorneWingo wrote:I dunno. Rose looked kinda meh. I didn’t see that fire like in the Joanna fights.

I don't think she'll be able to match her success from 115 at 125. She doesn't have the same pop, and I'm worried about bigger, stronger fighters giving her hell. Ribas is tough, but I've seen her struggle with bigger opponents (ie: Maycee Barber). Rose is only 31, so maybe more time in the division will help her add the strength she needs. But we're years away from Rose's peak performances right now, so I'm concerned her best years are behind us.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1216 » by j4remi » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:09 pm

Read on Twitter

DJ is something
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1217 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:23 am

j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

DJ is something

That’s wild. Very interesting and entertaining.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1218 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:29 pm

Banger alert:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=c7eg_0vf10KosEyBJaEgQw

Superlek vs Haggerty LFG! Y’all know Haggerty, but to put Superlek in perspective, he’s just beaten Takeru and Rodtang back to back (Rodtang was debatable). This is a superfight!
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Post#1219 » by GONYK » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:53 pm

j4remi wrote:Banger alert:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=c7eg_0vf10KosEyBJaEgQw

Superlek vs Haggerty LFG! Y’all know Haggerty, but to put Superlek in perspective, he’s just beaten Takeru and Rodtang back to back (Rodtang was debatable). This is a superfight!
I can report that my wife and I have entered negotiations for me to attend this event in person. Both sides want to get a deal done, but there are significant hurdles to clear.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1220 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:40 pm

GONYK wrote:I can report that my wife and I have entered negotiations for me to attend this event in person. Both sides want to get a deal done, but there are significant hurdles to clear.

:lol: If I didn't already have vacations planned in June and August, I'd be looking at flights to Denver. The two main events are worth flight and admission on their own. I'd be surpised if they don't work on putting Mighty Mouse on that card too.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Return to New York Knicks