ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

IQ Vs Maxey

Maxey
54%
Quickley
46%

Total votes: 145

ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,625

Re: Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley 

Post#321 » by ScienceOfLosing » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:55 pm

I always thought Maxey was the better player. But now I have to say Quickley is, because his defense makes the difference.
Maxey is probably still a more capable scorer. Anyone who gets to watch Maxey a lot care to jump in here?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#322 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:09 pm

Prior to this season, IQ couldn't score inside the three point line very well. He always had hustle on defense but, he seems much better there as well.

Now he has the floater working well. He can get into the lane more to score in different ways. His defense is solid. His decision making has picked up as well. Definitely an improvement this year. He is proving to be a very good rotation player. 6MOY all day.

I don't care how he stacks up against Maxey. To me they are very similar players. I don't see enough of Maxey to talk about him but, when I do watch him play, looks like IQ out there.

Year 3 IQ has been a solid player. Trade value peaking. Player value is high. One more year under contract. Is there a max extension we are allowed to offer?
:beer: RIP mags
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#323 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:12 pm

Does winning 6MOY have any contract related bonuses the way making an all nba team or other **** like that does?
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,388

Post#324 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Image

Embarrassing thread, one looks like he could be the next Tony Parker, while the other may be the next Daniel Gibson.

no

You wanted to trade him for Mitchell, and abandoned him earlier in the season, team IQ headquarters were foreclosed by sham and sham inc.
TwitterFingers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#325 » by TwitterFingers » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm

Even though IQ is a two way player I still take Maxey over him, but it’s close.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,042

Post#326 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:51 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Image

Embarrassing thread, one looks like he could be the next Tony Parker, while the other may be the next Daniel Gibson.

no

You wanted to trade him for Mitchell, and abandoned him earlier in the season, team IQ headquarters were foreclosed by sham and sham inc.

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#327 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:01 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

no

Is it oochie wally or one mic?
Is it Mitch hurt and loss, or is it Team IQ is back we nice?

I may not have been high on IQ, but I never wanted to trade him RJ, or Grimes in a package like some of you, specifically those of you who smoke newports.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#328 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:10 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I may not have been high on IQ, but I never wanted to trade him RJ, or Grimes in a package like some of you, specifically those of you who smoke newports.

knicks1999
Junior
And1: 124

Post#329 » by knicks1999 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:11 pm

the question should be...long term, who is more important to this team?...Quickley or Barrett?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,450

Post#330 » by robillionaire » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:11 pm

robillionaire wrote:IQ is averaging 22.6 ppg 6.1 apg 6 rpg as a starting PG this year (the 9 games brunson missed and he started at PG) and we are 5-4 in those 9 games without brunson (we had that dallas game won, should be 6-3)

Brunson averages 23.8 ppg 6.1 apg and 3.1 rpg as a basis for comparison here and he's basically an all-star

Update:

now he has started 11 games at pg. in those 11 games (6-5) he is averaging

24.4 ppg
6.5 apg (to 1.2 turnovers)
5.5 rpg
1.4 stl pg
38% from 3 on 8.6 attempts a game

also elite defender

he's just 23

he is also a +252 which is head and shoulders above any other player on the team as far as how much he impacts winning
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-plus-minus-leaders

he should be starting at PG, we should promise him the starting job and then move on from Brunson while he value is at an all-time high
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#331 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#332 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:17 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#333 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:19 pm

Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#334 » by Grinditout » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:04 pm

robillionaire wrote:
robillionaire wrote:IQ is averaging 22.6 ppg 6.1 apg 6 rpg as a starting PG this year (the 9 games brunson missed and he started at PG) and we are 5-4 in those 9 games without brunson (we had that dallas game won, should be 6-3)

Brunson averages 23.8 ppg 6.1 apg and 3.1 rpg as a basis for comparison here and he's basically an all-star

Update:

he should be starting at PG, we should promise him the starting job and then move on from Brunson while he value is at an all-time high

Cmon maaaaaan, this is a wild take
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,450

Post#335 » by robillionaire » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:26 pm

Grinditout wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Update:

Don’t edit the stats keep my full argument in there if all you want to do is just ridicule my position smh
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#336 » by Grinditout » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:44 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Grinditout wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Update:

Don’t edit the stats keep my full argument in there if all you want to do is just ridicule my position smh

Wasn't trying to manipulate/ridicule, I think it'd be great to have two really good players than pit them against each other. I think they'd be and have been fine playing off each other as well. Seems you're of a different opinion, fair enough.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,832

Post#337 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:16 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Oh crap, what do I do now? Now that Maxey is not at 20 ppg, my whole argument falls to pieces!

I know, I'm just going to sit here at my keyboard and hope Quickley fails, so the next time he doesn't do well, I can post in this thread!

You can serve that juicy crow if we beat them in the playoffs courtesy of IQ outplaying this bum Maxey, but chances are that simply won’t happen. I’ll wait it out.

I feel your arguments for Maxey have been terrible so far. Don’t be mad when we’re calling you out on it.

1. Maxey scores 20 ppg. Lol. You think Westbrook is a 1st option, don’t you? Were you that poster that wanted to trade the lotto pick for Russ?
2. You called Maxey a bum (no I didn’t). I said IQ is better. I’m propping up my guy, not exaggerating and calling Maxey a bum.
3. If the Sixers beat the Knicks in the playoffs then Maxey > IQ. This makes me think you consider the Sixers team without Maxey = the Knicks team without IQ, cause this is the only way this logically makes sense.
4. Small sample size gloating. Anytime IQ has a bad game, you show up and post gleefully.

Did I miss any more of your strategies or did I cover it?

Well it is quite the difference if you get a lottery pick along with a player you acquire or if you pay a lottery pick in order to acquire a player. So I’m very sure you’re confusing me with someone.

But you’re certainly the very petty tough guy to come here out of the blue every time after IQ had a nice game. You sure didn’t come here two days ago on Sunday after Maxey dropped 37 himself lol. Neither did I because I could care less and I said I’m simply going to wait and see what they can do in the playoffs. So it’s all good from where I’m standing. I’m happy for IQ. He’s a great, enjoyable player and really making a name for himself.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,488

Post#338 » by RHODEY » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:18 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:I always thought Maxey was the better player. But now I have to say Quickley is, because his defense makes the difference.
Maxey is probably still a more capable scorer. Anyone who gets to watch Maxey a lot care to jump in here?

IQ is also the better playmaker.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,488

Post#339 » by RHODEY » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:26 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:You can serve that juicy crow if we beat them in the playoffs courtesy of IQ outplaying this bum Maxey, but chances are that simply won’t happen. I’ll wait it out.

I feel your arguments for Maxey have been terrible so far. Don’t be mad when we’re calling you out on it.

1. Maxey scores 20 ppg. Lol. You think Westbrook is a 1st option, don’t you? Were you that poster that wanted to trade the lotto pick for Russ?
2. You called Maxey a bum (no I didn’t). I said IQ is better. I’m propping up my guy, not exaggerating and calling Maxey a bum.
3. If the Sixers beat the Knicks in the playoffs then Maxey > IQ. This makes me think you consider the Sixers team without Maxey = the Knicks team without IQ, cause this is the only way this logically makes sense.
4. Small sample size gloating. Anytime IQ has a bad game, you show up and post gleefully.

Well it is quite the difference if you get a lottery pick along with a player you acquire or if you pay a lottery pick in order to acquire a player. So I’m very sure you’re confusing me with someone.

But you’re certainly the very petty tough guy to come here out of the blue every time after IQ had a nice game. You sure didn’t come here two days ago on Sunday after Maxey dropped 37 himself lol. Neither did I because I could care less and I said I’m simply going to wait and see what they can do in the playoffs. So it’s all good from where I’m standing. I’m happy for IQ. He’s a great, enjoyable player and really making a name for himself.

Come to the dark side... Embrace Quickley's superiority. :)
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,832

Post#340 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:07 am

RHODEY wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

Come to the dark side... Embrace Quickley's superiority. :)

:-D

Return to New York Knicks