ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Content Generators Post Here - NBNF and Beyond

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Re: Knicks Content Generators Post Here - NBNF and Beyond 

Post#41 » by Slicin N Dicin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:55 pm

NBNF crew - what happened to our discord group lol.
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#42 » by moocow007 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 9:03 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:NBNF crew - what happened to our discord group lol.

I have no idea. I was going to ask the same thing. :o
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,312

Post#43 » by DOT » Fri Jul 1, 2022 9:20 pm

moocow007 wrote:

I couldn't leave the Discord without deleting it cause I created it

We hadn't done anything in a while and I can't do it anymore cause of life stuff. I should've said something when I deleted it, sorry

I still have all the assets and passwords and stuff if you guys want it, but I won't be able to be a part of it going forward.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#44 » by Slicin N Dicin » Wed Jul 6, 2022 8:24 pm

DOT wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

I couldn't leave the Discord without deleting it cause I created it

We hadn't done anything in a while and I can't do it anymore cause of life stuff. I should've said something when I deleted it, sorry

I still have all the assets and passwords and stuff if you guys want it, but I won't be able to be a part of it going forward.

Ahh i hear ya man - I hope everything has been going well with you guys.
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,522

Post#45 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:05 pm

New piece:

Read on Twitter

sham, you know what to say.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#46 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:47 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:New piece:

Read on Twitter

Burks was trash as a starter and Rose led bench the year before. That article is as biased as it gets. I stopped reading.
:beer: RIP mags
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#47 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:09 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Read on Twitter

Burks was trash as a starter and Rose led bench the year before. That article is as biased as it gets. I stopped reading.

Rose was our best player last year, so of course he led the bench. Nowhere does the piece say that Burks "led" the bench.

Before the Rose trade, Burks had the best net rating on the team by a pretty significant margin at +4.0. The Knicks were better with him on the court even before Rose arrived. Ever since he became a starter this past season, his net rating was the highest among starters by a wide margin at +2.4. He was consistently a net positive for two years for the Knicks.

Besides, it's an opinion piece. But if you had read the whole piece, maybe you would have understood the point of the article, which isn't to praise Burks, who is recognized as an average player in the text.

But thanks for giving it a shot. It's too bad you missed the point.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#48 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Read on Twitter

Rose was our best player last year, so of course he led the bench. Nowhere does the piece say that Burks "led" the bench.

Before the Rose trade, Burks had the best net rating on the team by a pretty significant margin at +4.0. The Knicks were better with him on the court even before Rose arrived. Ever since he became a starter this past season, his net rating was the highest among starters by a wide margin at +2.4. He was consistently a net positive for two years for the Knicks.

Besides, it's an opinion piece. But if you had read the whole piece, maybe you would have understood the point of the article, which isn't to praise Burks, who is recognized as an average player in the text.

But thanks for giving it a shot. It's too bad you missed the point.

Burks is a good bench player. That's all there is to it. No one hated him as a player here. The starting PG role was a disaster. That's what bothered people. Thibs insistence on sticking with him when he was clearly not getting the job done bothered people. Try something else. Anything else. Thibs refused.
:beer: RIP mags
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,201

Post#49 » by Capn'O » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:20 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,586

Post#50 » by Ghetto Gospel » Thu Aug 4, 2022 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter

read the whole thing and it's pretty good overall, though the emotional investment in burks and the praise is a little extreme. he's just a solid role player after all. look forward to reading more

Which begs the question: Why wasn’t Burks unanimously appreciated by Knicks fans?

generally speaking, role players on losing teams around the league never really get appreciation unless they play with extreme energy or provide visible on/off-court leadership. burks doesn't really fit into either of these categories so he was just seen as someone blocking the potential "development" of a young player, though i don't think playing time necessarily causes player development, it's commonly seen that way
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#51 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 am

Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Read on Twitter

read the whole thing and it's pretty good overall, though the emotional investment in burks and the praise is a little extreme. he's just a solid role player after all. look forward to reading more

Which begs the question: Why wasn’t Burks unanimously appreciated by Knicks fans?

generally speaking, role players on losing teams around the league never really get appreciation unless they play with extreme energy or provide visible on/off-court leadership. burks doesn't really fit into either of these categories so he was just seen as someone blocking the potential "development" of a young player, though i don't think playing time necessarily causes player development, it's commonly seen that way

Thank you so much. For reading and for the feedback.

I am well aware that Burks was nothing more than a solid role player, and that’s what the piece paints him as.

I think it’s ok for non-stars to become cult heroes. Pablo Prigioni was a fan favorite. Alex Caruso was a popular player on the Lakers. These players are support players who had a positive impact for their team and who brought an extra layer of flair. I view Burks in the same light as those guys, though it originally started as a joke with melo.

But when you dig into the numbers, it’s undeniable that Burks was one of our best players, and that the team performed better when he was on the court.

So while I’m fully aware that writing a tribute to a player as random as Burks is somewhat absurd, it doesn’t compare to the absurdity of holding him responsible for the team’s failures, which some Knicks fans - directly or indirectly - did. Our issues are much deeper than a role player who statistically did well here, and these issues are primarily rooted in players who carry much higher expectations than Burks does.

The point of the piece is largely about enjoying the absence of expectations. Negativity and frustration often stem from unfulfilled expectations, I reckon. The same expectations that players like RJ and Randle carry and failed to meet (at least statistically). I could have been more explicit about that, but I thought it would be too heavy.

Burks played point guard for most of the season. He was no longer blocking players on the wings (e.g. Grimes or Cam) when he became the starting point guard. The only young player he was blocking was McBride - a G-League guard and 2nd round pick who shot 29.6% from the field in the NBA, albeit in limited minutes. So the overall narrative was inaccurate to begin with, and to feel this invested in McBride considering his performance in limited minutes was overdramatic at best, and entirely absurd at worst. As you said, player development doesn't necessarily come from an increase in playing time anyway.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,586

Post#52 » by Ghetto Gospel » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:02 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Read on Twitter

I am well aware that Burks was nothing more than a solid role player, and that’s what the piece paints him as.

I think it’s ok for non-stars to become cult heroes. Pablo Prigioni was a fan favorite. Alex Caruso was a popular player on the Lakers. These players are support players who had a positive impact for their team and who brought an extra layer of flair. I view Burks in the same light as those guys, though it originally started as a joke with melo.

But when you dig into the numbers, it’s undeniable that Burks was one of our best players, and that the team performed better when he was on the court.

So while I’m fully aware that writing a tribute to a player as random as Burks is somewhat absurd, it doesn’t compare to the absurdity of holding him responsible for the team’s failures, which some Knicks fans - directly or indirectly - did. Our issues are much deeper than a role player who statistically did well here, and these issues are primarily rooted in players who carry much higher expectations than Burks does.

The point of the piece is largely about enjoying the absence of expectations. Negativity and frustration often stem from unfulfilled expectations, I reckon. The same expectations that players like RJ and Randle carry and failed to meet (at least statistically). I could have been more explicit about that, but I thought it would be too heavy.

Burks played point guard for most of the season. He was no longer blocking players on the wings (e.g. Grimes or Cam) when he became the starting point guard. The only young player he was blocking was McBride - a G-League guard and 2nd round pick who shot 29.6% from the field in the NBA, albeit in limited minutes. So the overall narrative was inaccurate to begin with, and to feel this invested in McBride considering his performance in limited minutes was overdramatic at best, and entirely absurd at worst. As you said, player development doesn't necessarily come from an increase in playing time anyway.

appreciate the time you took to write this and offer your perspective. look forward to reading more articles in the future
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#53 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:45 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:

Read on Twitter

Burks starting actually did block Quickley .
Still I don’t think it’s a reason to rag on burks.
Burks was largely unproductive as a pointguard but remained a positive on court presence , but considering his low volume , it’s most due to the credit of his teammates that he was able to maintain a positive on court presence .

Supplemental not the driving force at such low volume and production .
Tbh I think it’s great burks got some love. The season before last he was buried on the bench when he looked to be a worthwhile contributor .
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect
And1: 239

Post#54 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Mon Oct 3, 2022 3:05 pm

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1djGXlbvwLjGZ

Running Preseason expectation space. Also looking for more host/co host to fill calendar.

Top of the morning gang!
"Oh well, adversity is the best teacher"
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:22 am

j4remi wrote:First...

Read on Twitter

My player ratings and recap are the third link. Click it all, like it, share it, keep track of my hot takes and hold them over my head for years to come...

Dope didn’t realize this was you bro
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect

Post#56 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:26 am

Read on Twitter

Charlie ward will be joining our space appreciate if anyone sill join
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#57 » by j4remi » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:19 pm

NevaGivinKnixUp wrote:

Read on Twitter

My player ratings and recap are the third link. Click it all, like it, share it, keep track of my hot takes and hold them over my head for years to come...

Yessir, I write the player ratings/recaps after every game for a few years now. I used to just type them up real quick for the post game thread here, but took it a lil more seriously and CP reached out when they started the site.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NevaGivinKnixUp
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by NevaGivinKnixUp » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:54 pm

j4remi wrote:
NevaGivinKnixUp wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yessir, I write the player ratings/recaps after every game for a few years now. I used to just type them up real quick for the post game thread here, but took it a lil more seriously and CP reached out when they started the site.

That’s dope bro! Congratulations to you and y’all team over there! We should collab at some point. Let’s get this W!

Appreciate if you can pop in the ward space
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=xXQ0x08BquuQwRJ16l_OYw
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#59 » by j4remi » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:56 pm

NevaGivinKnixUp wrote:That’s dope bro! Congratulations to you and y’all team over there! We should collab at some point. Let’s get this W!

Appreciate if you can pop in the ward space
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=xXQ0x08BquuQwRJ16l_OYw

I had to miss it because I was headed into the city for the KFTV watch party, but I'll def hop in if I can catch your spaces some time. Keep us updated in this thread for sure, great get with Ward!
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#60 » by dakomish23 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:56 am

There might be an opportunity to gain a big following if someone wants to start doing Knicks stuff on mastodon. Ppl will slowly be trickling over there even if they keep their Twitter account and there’s like zero coverage there.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks