ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalen Brunson thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Are you excited to have a point guard finally

Yes
85%
No
8%
Still recovering from the donovan mitchell fiasco
7%

Total votes: 89

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,501

Re: Jalen Brunson thread 

Post#61 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:49 am

Spot31 wrote:For 100 million he better start averaging double digit assists to be considered a legit PG.

Only 2 players averaged double digit assists.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,998

Post#62 » by F N 11 » Thu Sep 8, 2022 12:56 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Spot31 wrote:For 100 million he better start averaging double digit assists to be considered a legit PG.

Welcome to Knicks expectations
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,786

Post#63 » by Fat Kat » Thu Sep 8, 2022 1:32 am

sol537 wrote:Brunson gonna lead us to 42-42 and potentially make the all-star team.

Brunson + Grimes backcourt will be fun.

RJ will get to 22pts 7rb 4ast and finally get some recognition.

Mitch and Hart will be one of the better center duos in the league until Sims has to take over for Mitch when injuries hit.

The PF spot is the biggest questions mark. IQ will start budding into a 6MOY type guy slowly but surely...

You forgot a couple of guys

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,911

Post#64 » by 8516knicks » Thu Sep 8, 2022 9:13 pm

nedleeds wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Older for his contract, limited physically, great shooter, mediocre defender, awesome team spirit guy who won't act like a ho when we're losing.

Probably gives us 8-10 more wins over just playing and developing I.Q. and having Rose get injured as the backup forcing Thibs to play Deuce or some other young tanklord.

So overall no I'm not excited, but it's not Jalen Brunson's fault, he's a good player who should have gone to a good team or stayed in Dallas.
26 is "older" for his contract?

He's 26 and getting his first non draft contract. Actually very old for an NBA player. He signed a 4 year deal for almost the minimum as a 2nd rounder. RJ just signed his 2nd and is 22. Brunson's rookie year was his age 22 season.

He's planning to retire next year. :crazy: :lol:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,563

Post#65 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 8, 2022 9:26 pm

F N 11 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Is 7 too much to ask
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#66 » by Polk377 » Thu Sep 8, 2022 9:33 pm

robillionaire wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Is 7 too much to ask

At least 3-4 assists a game going to Mitch and Hartenstein alone. Don't see why he couldn't average 7 or 8 a game.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,501

Post#67 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Sep 8, 2022 9:58 pm

robillionaire wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Is 7 too much to ask

I'd guess 6.5 to 7.5 is his range, when Luka was out last year he averaged 20ppg, 7.5apg. We don't have the shooting they had though, and we also have the succubus on offense that demands touches in Randle.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,563

Post#68 » by robillionaire » Thu Sep 8, 2022 10:32 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Welcome to Knicks expectations

Is 7 too much to ask

I'd guess 6.5 to 7.5 is his range, when Luka was out last year he averaged 20ppg, 7.5apg. We don't have the shooting they had though, and we also have the succubus on offense that demands touches in Randle.

I just looked at several of the Mavs game logs when Luka was inactive and Brunson was playing with a lot of Kristaps, THJ, and Frank. So I figure we can’t be that much worse or that’s a bad sign
F N 11
RealGM

Post#69 » by F N 11 » Fri Sep 9, 2022 1:35 am

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Is 7 too much to ask

I just looked at several of the Mavs game logs when Luka was inactive and Brunson was playing with a lot of Kristaps, THJ, and Frank. So I figure we can’t be that much worse or that’s a bad sign

7-8 is what I expect if he’s allowed to actually initiate.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,639

Post#70 » by knicksNOTslick » Fri Sep 9, 2022 1:42 am

Burks to Brunson is gonna be a big upgrade. People underestimate the impact of having a good floor general. It would be interesting to see how he handles Randle's touches, if we don't trade him. Take the ball away from his hands to limit turnovers and give the ball to Julius where he's best at.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,524

Post#71 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Sep 9, 2022 3:43 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:Burks to Brunson is gonna be a big upgrade. People underestimate the impact of having a good floor general. It would be interesting to see how he handles Randle's touches, if we don't trade him. Take the ball away from his hands to limit turnovers and give the ball to Julius where he's best at.

I'd be fine with Randle if he adapts. He's a bruiser who should want to be on the receiving end of the pick and roll. Would do wonders for his game. Letting someone else run the show would minimize his poor judgment and panic moves during crunch time. His talent is still there, but it's not going to be very useful if he still wants to bring the ball upcourt and try to set up the offense. He's not good at it. I hope he has learned to let go and be a good teammate. I'll support him if he does.
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,318

Post#72 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Sep 9, 2022 6:25 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
knicksNOTslick wrote:Burks to Brunson is gonna be a big upgrade. People underestimate the impact of having a good floor general. It would be interesting to see how he handles Randle's touches, if we don't trade him. Take the ball away from his hands to limit turnovers and give the ball to Julius where he's best at.

I'd be fine with Randle if he adapts. He's a bruiser who should want to be on the receiving end of the pick and roll. Would do wonders for his game. Letting someone else run the show would minimize his poor judgment and panic moves during crunch time. His talent is still there, but it's not going to be very useful if he still wants to bring the ball upcourt and try to set up the offense. He's not good at it. I hope he has learned to let go and be a good teammate. I'll support him if he does.

This. Otherwise he can STFU and GTFO!!
:beer: RIP mags
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,476

Post#73 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Sep 9, 2022 2:56 pm

Brunsons leadership and mentality should be a big plus too. He is a winners and should fit in well in NY. Will be great to finally have a PG (other then Rose)
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,696

Post#74 » by nedleeds » Fri Sep 9, 2022 4:43 pm

F N 11 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Welcome to boxscorebetties.org

HE GOT 20 a GAME MAN!
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#75 » by F N 11 » Fri Sep 9, 2022 7:02 pm

nedleeds wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Welcome to boxscorebetties.org

HE GOT 20 a GAME MAN!

Say it with your chest. What are you trying to say?
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,911

Post#76 » by 8516knicks » Fri Sep 9, 2022 9:21 pm

this is the highest percentage I've ever seen in a poll here :D
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,511

Post#77 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri Sep 9, 2022 9:33 pm

I like Brunson A lot tbh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But To me it’s about Grimes&Rj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are what will break or make this team/season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,454

Post#78 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:55 am

Brunson uses footwork, physicality, change of pace and touch/skill to score.

RJ's going to get better at the first 3, at the minimum, having Brunson around to observe and also be taught by. Might take a couple of years, but he'll elevate RJ's individual game.

In the meantime, Brunson actually being a quality player at PG will elevate the play of RJ and Randle, or at least make them more efficient by getting them better looks.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,524

Post#79 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Brunson uses footwork, physicality, change of pace and touch/skill to score.

RJ's going to get better at the first 3, at the minimum, having Brunson around to observe and also be taught by. Might take a couple of years, but he'll elevate RJ's individual game.

In the meantime, Brunson actually being a quality player at PG will elevate the play of RJ and Randle, or at least make them more efficient by getting them better looks.

Moar posts like this
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,848

Post#80 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Brunson uses footwork, physicality, change of pace and touch/skill to score.

Simply by decreasing their usage %. I’ll allow it.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks