ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalen Brunson thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Are you excited to have a point guard finally

Yes
85%
No
8%
Still recovering from the donovan mitchell fiasco
7%

Total votes: 89

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,436

Re: Jalen Brunson thread 

Post#81 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:52 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Brunson uses footwork, physicality, change of pace and touch/skill to score.

RJ's going to get better at the first 3, at the minimum, having Brunson around to observe and also be taught by. Might take a couple of years, but he'll elevate RJ's individual game.

In the meantime, Brunson actually being a quality player at PG will elevate the play of RJ and Randle, or at least make them more efficient by getting them better looks.

Moar posts like this

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,198

Post#82 » by blueNorange » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:49 pm

i still can't wrap my mind around the knicks punting the draft for absolutely no reason at all.

this is one of the first time i'm like not interested in this team, they're gonna suck ... there's like 8-9 teams way better than them in the east.

they still have bum ass randle that'll still walk the ball up the court and take 16 seconds doing it.
they still have thibs who will not play anyone

derrick rose gonna get more playing time than quickly and grimes.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,115

Post#83 » by Snacks » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:00 pm

blueNorange wrote:i still can't wrap my mind around the knicks punting the draft for absolutely no reason at all.

this is one of the first time i'm like not interested in this team, they're gonna suck ... there's like 8-9 teams way better than them in the east.

they still have bum ass randle that'll still walk the ball up the court and take 16 seconds doing it.

Im not there yet. but I'm almost there. They choose Randle over Obi and Frenchy over Cam and Rose over whoever I don't know what I'll do.
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,447

Post#84 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:51 pm

Snacks wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i still can't wrap my mind around the knicks punting the draft for absolutely no reason at all.

Im not there yet. but I'm almost there. They choose Randle over Obi and Frenchy over Cam and Rose over whoever I don't know what I'll do.

Read on Twitter

Brunson & Julius are cooking Folksssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,115

Post#85 » by Snacks » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:12 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Snacks wrote:

Read on Twitter

Brunson & Julius are cooking Folksssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're already cooked-- this guy has no hook shot, no up and under, no drop step, even playing against these guys he's taking tough fade aways. I know this is just a pick up game but if he goes into the season like this we're doomed.
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,198

Post#86 » by blueNorange » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:17 am

lol bum ass randle dribbling from the perimeter is what you don’t want lol

brunson isn’t even a catch and shoot player either, jfc this season from draft till end is one big punt
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#87 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:23 am

Just a reminder

Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,734

Post#88 » by Guano » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:29 am

N Y K wrote:I just hope I have something fun to watch next year.

:lol:
our f'ing standards.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Post#89 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:35 am

Stannis wrote:Not tryna be over dramatic or anything... I honestly think the Jalen Brunson signing will go down as not only the best signing in NYK history, but the greatest signing in NBA history.

TBH I think you're understating it a bit
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#90 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:37 am

Guano wrote:

our f'ing standards.

That's a rational standard. If they are fun to watch again that would mean they are playing well enough to compete. Why are you mocking them for saying that?
ImageImageImage
Guano
RealGM

Post#91 » by Guano » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:46 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Guano wrote:

our f'ing standards.

That's a rational standard. If they are fun to watch again that would mean they are playing well enough to compete. Why are you mocking them for saying that?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#92 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:46 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Just a reminder

Hey this guy looks good. Too bad we never get nice players like this
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#93 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:48 am

Guano wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Guano wrote:
our f'ing standards.

The syntax doesn't change what you implied or what I asked. It was mocking a perfectly rational thing to say. I certainly want to have fun watching my team play even if they are not contending
ImageImageImage
Guano
RealGM

Post#94 » by Guano » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:58 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Guano wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

The syntax doesn't change what you implied or what I asked. It was mocking a perfectly rational thing to say. I certainly want to have fun watching my team play even if they are not contending

it's embarrassing the knicks can make the game of basketball which is a genuinely fun sport boring. so for our standards to be just having fun watching it is comical. pretty easy to understand if you don't take everything on the web as an insult.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#95 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:07 am

Guano wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Guano wrote:

it's embarrassing the knicks can make the game of basketball which is a genuinely fun sport boring. so for our standards to be just having fun watching it is comical. pretty easy to understand if you don't take everything on the web as an insult.

OK, not trying to stir anything up. It has been so sour in here lately that it seems like a novel concept to have fun watching the Knicks. I'm turning my attention to what is, not what if. And what is seems like it could be pretty entertaining. I think we'll be better than the club from two seasons ago that made the playoffs. I know the East is better now, but we could have a roster that plays as a team and makes some noise. This girl just wants to have fun.
ImageImageImage
Guano
RealGM

Post#96 » by Guano » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:14 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Guano wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

OK, not trying to stir anything up. It has been so sour in here lately that it seems like a novel concept to have fun watching the Knicks. I'm turning my attention to what is, not what if. And what is seems like it could be pretty entertaining. I think we'll be better than the club from two seasons ago that made the playoffs. I know the East is better now, but we could have a roster that plays as a team and makes some noise. This girl just wants to have fun.

no worries - I have jokes but i'm not malicious here. we all are suffering together and have different opinions on how the knicks can be successful. In the end we all are here because we want to be entertained. hope your optimism is well placed.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,139

Post#97 » by stuporman » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:33 am

Weren't you calling him something like half Hakeem or midget dream shake just a couple weeks ago? :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#98 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:31 am

stuporman wrote:

Weren't you calling him something like half Hakeem or midget dream shake just a couple weeks ago? :lol:

:D

I have to give the haters, when they come out, some quality ammunition.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#99 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
stuporman wrote:

:D

I have to give the haters, when they come out, some quality ammunition.

Haha Half Hakeem is great, a compliment actually

I’ll roll with Hakeem v. 1.5
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,215

Post#100 » by god shammgod » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:49 pm

Guano wrote:

our f'ing standards.

It’s the same boring a$$ team except with Brunson instead of burks. Don’t let these off season optimists talk you into anything. They’re always this way until reality hits.

Return to New York Knicks