ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalen Brunson thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Are you excited to have a point guard finally

Yes
85%
No
8%
Still recovering from the donovan mitchell fiasco
7%

Total votes: 89

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,043

Re: Jalen Brunson thread 

Post#101 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:02 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:
N Y K wrote:I just hope I have something fun to watch next year.

:lol:
our f'ing standards.

It’s the same boring a$$ team except with Brunson instead of burks. Don’t let these off season optimists talk you into anything. They’re always this way until reality hits.

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,535

Post#102 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:19 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:

our f'ing standards.

It’s the same boring a$$ team except with Brunson instead of burks. Don’t let these off season optimists talk you into anything. They’re always this way until reality hits.

You like to think you’re the realist, but if you’re going to be completely real then it is also that you enjoy being negative. It is your comfort zone. Saying I told you so is your stance after so many years of disappointment. Personally, I don’t know how you or anyone can continue watching without some off-season hopefulness brought into the next season.

Not saying there is a right way to follow a team but it must be harder for the bitter fan than those able to annually reset and find things to be positive about. After two decades of wanting a pg (Stephon was not it for me) I’m pretty happy about picking up Brunson.

Don’t you at least want to see what the dynamics are with him? I know you want stars but perhaps you overrated DM and are underestimating JB? Are you going to watch this year?
ImageImageImage
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,404
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#103 » by BKlutch » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:32 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:
our f'ing standards.

You like to think you’re the realist, but if you’re going to be completely real then it is also that you enjoy being negative. It is your comfort zone. Saying I told you so is your stance after so many years of disappointment. Personally, I don’t know how you or anyone can continue watching without some off-season hopefulness brought into the next season.

Not saying there is a right way to follow a team but it must be harder for the bitter fan than those able to annually reset and find things to be positive about. After two decades of wanting a pg (Stephon was not it for me) I’m pretty happy about picking up Brunson.

Don’t you at least want to see what the dynamics are with him? I know you want stars but perhaps you overrated DM and are underestimating JB? Are you going to watch this year?

It has been said that the definition of psychiatric illness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Many of our super-negative, borderline trolling posters seem to be hurting and trying to soothe their bad feelings either by upsetting others or looking for the miracle that ends their suffering. Neither is happening, and they just do it again and again this year, last year, the year before that...

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#104 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:44 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

It has been said that the definition of psychiatric illness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Many of our super-negative, borderline trolling posters seem to be hurting and trying to soothe their bad feelings either by upsetting others or looking for the miracle that ends their suffering. Neither is happening, and they just do it again and again this year, last year, the year before that...

I don't really see Sham as someone who is baiting anyone (when they do they pretty much signal "I'm effing with you"). But they do carry the baggage kind of heavily. Would be a good thing if they or anyone else could get some pleasure out of this
ImageImageImage
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,404
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#105 » by BKlutch » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:45 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I don't really see Sham as someone who is baiting anyone (when they do they pretty much signal "I'm effing with you"). But they do carry the baggage kind of heavily. Would be a good thing if they or anyone else could get some pleasure out of this

Agree — I wasn't talking about Sham specifically, just in general those guys who get so negative. Some eventually show how bad they're feeling, but others don't — maybe that's just part of their shtick to get others involved.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,862

Post#106 » by Guano » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:51 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:

our f'ing standards.

Oh, i'm not buying sht. we're going to be horrible and boring so i've got a lot fat jokes in the draft for melo to make it through this season
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,904

Post#107 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:06 pm

Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:
our f'ing standards.

Oh, i'm not buying sht. we're going to be horrible and boring so i've got a lot fat jokes in the draft for melo to make it through this season

I guess I’m the sacrifice for everyone to use as their punching bag this year
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,470

Post#108 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:10 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Brunson/RJ/Randle and Fournier going to show out. That'll show the various cadres of haters.

Mitch, not so much.

Not sure it means the playoffs, but I think that 4 is going to have a good year.
Too many negative people on here. Terrible.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,477

Post#109 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Guano wrote:
our f'ing standards.

Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,477

Post#110 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:55 pm

I can't front. That'll be me excited to see Brunson and the youths...even though Thibs wont play them all
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,529

Post#111 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:16 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

I got your back.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,153

Post#112 » by moocow007 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:42 pm

Getting Brunson is fine. It's not enough really to justify getting Brunson and in lieu of a traditional rebuild is the problem IF that's all they do. They needed Mitchell (or a guy like Mitchell). Regardless of where Mitchell ended up, they still need a guy like Mitchell. So hopefully that's what this FO is already working on. SGA! SGA! SGA! Funny thing is that it would have cost them a lot less for Dejuante Murray who also may have been a better fit.
Guano
RealGM

Post#113 » by Guano » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:58 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Fcked up thing is that's what you probably think I look like watching Randle pass up open 3s to brick long contested 2s and RJ getting stuffed at the rim when F0urni3r is open for a 3.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,402

Post#114 » by rajajackal » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:34 pm

i think brunson is a major asset to the youth rotation in that it will be easier to play them with a consistent floor general than it was when all 5 guys had the personal responsibility that came with no real point guard last year
Guano
RealGM

Post#115 » by Guano » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:14 pm

Really disappointed we haven't coined Jalen Feltson yet

Place is getting soft
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#116 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:41 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:

I got your back.

We will destroy guan0topia together
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#117 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:43 pm

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:

Fcked up thing is that's what you probably think I look like watching Randle pass up open 3s to brick long contested 2s and RJ getting stuffed at the rim when F0urni3r is open for a 3.

Yep
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#118 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:09 pm

Guano wrote:Really disappointed we haven't coined Jalen Feltson yet

Place is getting soft

And you got offended by lady boy jokes?

Jesus
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,470

Post#119 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:

Thus ended the triple alliance between Meloreotania, Guanorheaa and Jimmitsville
Guano
RealGM

Post#120 » by Guano » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I guess I’m the sacrifice for everyone to use as their punching bag this year

Thus ended the triple alliance between Meloreotania, Guanorheaa and Jimmitsville

Knew I should have went with knicksfan3939417384901939301829

Return to New York Knicks