ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalen Brunson thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Are you excited to have a point guard finally

Yes
85%
No
8%
Still recovering from the donovan mitchell fiasco
7%

Total votes: 89

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,497

Re: Jalen Brunson thread 

Post#141 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:10 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Here’s how I view the Brunson pickup:

Id much rather have signed him like we did while only having to give up some 2nd rounders along with mediocre vets like Burks, Noel, and Kemba over trading what it would have taken to get Mitchell.

If what we saw in the playoffs was any indication, then Jalen isnt much worse, if at all, than Mitchell. And no I didn’t want them here together. It was one or the other to me, and Jalen represents a more calculated gamble for where we are as a team. We keep all our young guys/1st rounders, and for all we know Jalen could make 1-2 All Star teams himself.

According to some people Brunson ate DM's cookies in the playoffs. That's when this stuff actually counts. So what is it then? Maybe Brunson is the more well-rounded and even more clutch player. But he is definitely in the same conversation as DM based on their head to head competition.
ImageImageImage
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,792

Post#142 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#143 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:47 pm

congrats!
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#144 » by The Lamma » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:26 pm

The Brunson signing is starting to feel underrated to me. There's at least four benefits here. 1 He's a massive upgrade at a position of dire need. 2 As a player he's on the upswing. 3 His presence could or should go a long way in developing a bunch of young players on the roster and 4 Leaving the Mavericks as their second best player can only help improve that draft pick, the rights of which the Knicks own. Maybe I'm being a homer but it all feels legit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#145 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:32 pm

The Lamma wrote:The Brunson signing is starting to feel underrated to me. There's at least four benefits here. 1 He's a massive upgrade at a position of dire need. 2 As a player he's on the upswing. 3 His presence could or should go a long way in developing a bunch of young players on the roster and 4 Leaving the Mavericks as their second best player can only help improve that draft pick, the rights of which the Knicks own. Maybe I'm being a homer but it all feels legit

That's why the sage position to take is wait and see how this season unfolds, because when chemistry happens it transcends projections based on past results. A roster can elevate as a whole when the right ingredient is introduced. Saying this team is essentially the same as last year may prove untrue so the certainty with which some people pursue a negative bias could easily be shattered if Brunson excels.
ImageImageImage
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#146 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:23 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:since we didn't get donovan mitchell, it looks like this is going to be brunson's team to run. whats your expectations on him? predictions? just trying to change the conversation on this board since we've been debating about the same things every day

i'll start my predictions

17.5 ppg 6.7 apg on 46/38/82 splits

ended up being a much better scorer than i anticipated and more efficient
24 PPG
6.2 APG

49/41/83 splits
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,469

Post#147 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:37 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He's a 20ppg scorer if he's given the type of touches Alec Burks got as a starter. In the playoffs Brunson averaged 21.6ppg on 66.9 touches per game, Burks averages 70.6 touches as a starter.

He's going to have a breakout season.

I may not get everything right but my makes are spectacular.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#148 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:19 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
The Lamma wrote:The Brunson signing is starting to feel underrated to me. There's at least four benefits here. 1 He's a massive upgrade at a position of dire need. 2 As a player he's on the upswing. 3 His presence could or should go a long way in developing a bunch of young players on the roster and 4 Leaving the Mavericks as their second best player can only help improve that draft pick, the rights of which the Knicks own. Maybe I'm being a homer but it all feels legit

That's why the sage position to take is wait and see how this season unfolds, because when chemistry happens it transcends projections based on past results. A roster can elevate as a whole when the right ingredient is introduced. Saying this team is essentially the same as last year may prove untrue so the certainty with which some people pursue a negative bias could easily be shattered if Brunson excels.

Well damn

Patting myself on the back for that sagacious and prescient post
ImageImageImage
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#149 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:since we didn't get donovan mitchell, it looks like this is going to be brunson's team to run. whats your expectations on him? predictions? just trying to change the conversation on this board since we've been debating about the same things every day

24 PPG
6.2 APG

49/41/83 splits

took another leap and averaged 28.7 ppg 6.7 apg on 48/40/84 splits. this is wild
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,437

Post#150 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:32 pm

Next year Brunson averages 30 ppg
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,557

Post#151 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:41 pm

Another reason to love this guy.....not many superstars would leave money on the table.

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,903

Post#152 » by 8516knicks » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 pm

:clap: :clap:
3toheadmelo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

24 PPG
6.2 APG

49/41/83 splits

took another leap and averaged 28.7 ppg 6.7 apg on 48/40/84 splits. this is wild

You were spot on target for his assists! :clap:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#153 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:43 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Well damn

Patting myself on the back for that sagacious and prescient post

ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks