ImageImageImageImageImage

OT The Nerdy stuff Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Re: OT The Nerdy stuff Thread 

Post#1541 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
You know what, I've never played Suikoden. I am gonna give it a shot

I'm genuinely excited for more people to get introduced to the series. 1 is a classic, and 2 rates with the best JRPGs from PSOne (aka the best JRPG system of all time IMO). I hope it's successful enough to revive the franchise. Konami better not Silent Hill 2 Remake it :lol:
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,914

Post#1542 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:45 am

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
You know what, I've never played Suikoden. I am gonna give it a shot

I'm genuinely excited for more people to get introduced to the series. 1 is a classic, and 2 rates with the best JRPGs from PSOne (aka the best JRPG system of all time IMO). I hope it's successful enough to revive the franchise. Konami better not Silent Hill 2 Remake it :lol:

PSOne had some bangers. Xenogears and Chrono Cross :oops:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1543 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:04 am

Regarding Persona, honestly what i love most about that series more than anything is the music.

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,342

Post#1544 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:32 pm

Dead Island 2 $40 on ps5 store. Is it worth a cop?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,315

Post#1545 » by DOT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:38 pm

OP 1110:

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1546 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:24 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Dead Island 2 $40 on ps5 store. Is it worth a cop?

Never played it? Is it a zombie shooter?

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1547 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:30 pm

DOT wrote:OP 1110:

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:

WAIT WHAT!!!!!? :o

Are those their true forms??? I'm so behind

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1548 » by DOT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:

Yeah man, you gotta catch up

Egghead is the sh*t

Honestly, I still think this panel goes harder though:

Spoiler:
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1549 » by DOT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:41 pm

I will say, looking back at the silhouettes the first time we saw the Gorosei transform, I'm almost positive that Jupiter wasn't originally a worm, but Oda saw Dune in between then and now

I'm gonna predict Luffy is gonna ride him at some point in the same way the Fremen ride their worms.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1550 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

I remember a lot of hype around the original before it came out. But I never got to play either of the games. I'm curious to hear about the game play, I used to love zombie games. Dead Rising was my jam!
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1551 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:08 pm

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:

Yeah, the designs didn't disappoint, and the awakened Zoan smoke is clearer than ever.

Spoiler:
I just saw posts saying that you can see Imu coming down from the throne in the original pic, but the math doesn't math unless I'm missing a shape. So now I've gotta go back and really take closer looks at these designs and the silhouettes.

On a side note...Sandworm and Saturn fighting Luffy...Horsesword taking out the Pacafista...Quetzocoathl ripoff flying toward the ship...Where's the boar? I wonder if Jimbei or Zoro might be needing a hand soon.

I also couldn't tell if the Giants did any actual damage to the sandworm form, but at least they knocked Luffy loose. Having him ride that worm would be great.

Now I'm also wondering about how Strawhats would line up against these OP freaks. The horse dude is super fast AND has a sword. I'd LOVE if that's setting up Zoro and Sanji to have to team up against it. The rest are hard to even imagine winning as pairs...maybe Monster Chopper and General vs the Worm could be cool. Jimbei and Robin is a team-up I want to see regardless of opponent.

On a cover page note, Yamato doing a journey through Wano reminds of Jimbei's journey before he officially joined the crew. I'm biased, so maybe that's fishing for an excuse. But I really hope it's setting up Yamato to the Strawhats rather than a way to show us when the BB pirates come for the ancient weapon.

And last but not least...It HAS to be time for that damned robot to do something. It's the end game, the odds are stacked, and that robot has been gone long enough for plenty of readers to forget it got panels.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1552 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:08 pm

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:

Yeah, the designs didn't disappoint, and the awakened Zoan smoke is clearer than ever.

Spoiler:
I just saw posts saying that you can see Imu coming down from the throne in the original pic, but the math doesn't math unless I'm missing a shape. So now I've gotta go back and really take closer looks at these designs and the silhouettes.

On a side note...Sandworm and Saturn fighting Luffy...Horsesword taking out the Pacafista...Quetzocoathl ripoff flying toward the ship...Where's the boar? I wonder if Jimbei or Zoro might be needing a hand soon.

I also couldn't tell if the Giants did any actual damage to the sandworm form, but at least they knocked Luffy loose. Having him ride that worm would be great.

Now I'm also wondering about how Strawhats would line up against these OP freaks. The horse dude is super fast AND has a sword. I'd LOVE if that's setting up Zoro and Sanji to have to team up against it. The rest are hard to even imagine winning as pairs...maybe Monster Chopper and General vs the Worm could be cool. Jimbei and Robin is a team-up I want to see regardless of opponent.

On a cover page note, Yamato doing a journey through Wano reminds of Jimbei's journey before he officially joined the crew. I'm biased, so maybe that's fishing for an excuse. But I really hope it's setting up Yamato to the Strawhats rather than a way to show us when the BB pirates come for the ancient weapon.

And last but not least...It HAS to be time for that damned robot to do something. It's the end game, the odds are stacked, and that robot has been gone long enough for plenty of readers to forget it got panels.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1553 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:18 pm

Are yall Frieren readers? Because I LOVED this last episode and I'm racking my brain to see who passes this last test...my guesses:
Spoiler:
Obviously Fern. I can't wait to see what spell she requests too.
Denken, because his wisdom makes him seem unflappable.
Ubel, because she's psychotic.

None of the other characters seemed like they had any disposition to overcome that ridiculous show of mana. I love Fern spotting the fluctuations that even Serie's lifelong student couldn't. Everything about that interaction made me smile, and still...it was the whole fixing the wand bit that I liked most. I love how much feels this anime gives me!

The wand thing reminded me of Frieren saying "I'm used to losing things" a while back. It was such a sad line snuck into a really heartwarming episode. Some day she'll have to watch Fern and Stark get old like Serie's student...I don't think I want to see that happen. Just cut it off early, for the love of God!

Oh, and FINALLY some references to the demon king fight. I'm SOOOO curious to watch that flashback. After the epicness of Freiren vs Frieren; I need to see the action of Demon King vs the hero's party.

This one doesn't need spoilers. But i just saw that a cover for a prequel volume to Frieren is coming out. It's gonna have short stories for Frieren, Fern, Stark, Aura, and Lawine and Kanne.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1554 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:23 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:

Yeah man, you gotta catch up

Egghead is the sh*t

Honestly, I still think this panel goes harder though:

Spoiler:

I love Gear 5 so much.

Man i might just have to start reading backwards. It looks like the fight of all fights is about to start

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1555 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:28 pm

j4remi wrote:Are yall Frieren readers? Because I LOVED this last episode and I'm racking my brain to see who passes this last test...my guesses:
Spoiler:
Obviously Fern. I can't wait to see what spell she requests too.
Denken, because his wisdom makes him seem unflappable.
Ubel, because she's psychotic.

None of the other characters seemed like they had any disposition to overcome that ridiculous show of mana. I love Fern spotting the fluctuations that even Serie's lifelong student couldn't. Everything about that interaction made me smile, and still...it was the whole fixing the wand bit that I liked most. I love how much feels this anime gives me!

The wand thing reminded me of Frieren saying "I'm used to losing things" a while back. It was such a sad line snuck into a really heartwarming episode. Some day she'll have to watch Fern and Stark get old like Serie's student...I don't think I want to see that happen. Just cut it off early, for the love of God!

Oh, and FINALLY some references to the demon king fight. I'm SOOOO curious to watch that flashback. After the epicness of Freiren vs Frieren; I need to see the action of Demon King vs the hero's party.

This one doesn't need spoilers. But i just saw that a cover for a prequel volume to Frieren is coming out. It's gonna have short stories for Frieren, Fern, Stark, Aura, and Lawine and Kanne.

I won't spoil. Read it when the season ends, the manga is frankly a masterpiece. There are some things that happen that will make you go :o !! and :cry:. But no worries...Fern and Stark are still young. For now. :( that's the cruelest part of this story. You know that time is fleeting, and humans aren't meant to live long. But that's the point.

But i will say, since you're a fan of Ubel...the last two chapters have been a love letter to her fans. The authors are fully aware of how popular the murder mami is :lol:

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1556 » by DOT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:31 pm

j4remi wrote:

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, here's the panels from the chapter they were first seen:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Now that I look at it, I think the Alaskan Bull Worm guy isn't in the first panel, but that's clearly him in the 2nd panel in between Saturn and Horseman, meaning the big shadow creeping down in the first panel is Imu, whose eyes are above everyone in the 2nd. So Imu has a transformation as well, we just won't see it for a while, unless that's some kind of hybrid worm man form. Horse dude is in centaur mode it looks like, so maybe but I'm betting that's actually Imu. It is weird, probably just an oversight by Oda that wormy isn't in the first pic

I think at this point, it's too late for another addition to the main crew. Like, yeah Yamato was around for the raid in Wano, but missing so much time by not being there for Egghead, it just feels like it'd feel too late if he were to join up after Egghead, and especially so after Elbaf

Personally, I hope they don't fully fight the Gorosei right now, I think narratively it works better if they just stall them long enough for the message to get out and then leave. Cause Luffy can't even damage them, if they get to the level of Franky being able to beat one, that'd be kind of a let down for right now.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1557 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:51 pm

DOT wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Yo I'm so hype

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, here's the panels from the chapter they were first seen:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Now that I look at it, I think the Alaskan Bull Worm guy isn't in the first panel, but that's clearly him in the 2nd panel in between Saturn and Horseman, meaning the big shadow creeping down in the first panel is Imu, whose eyes are above everyone in the 2nd. So Imu has a transformation as well, we just won't see it for a while, unless that's some kind of hybrid worm man form. Horse dude is in centaur mode it looks like, so maybe but I'm betting that's actually Imu. It is weird, probably just an oversight by Oda that wormy isn't in the first pic

I think at this point, it's too late for another addition to the main crew. Like, yeah Yamato was around for the raid in Wano, but missing so much time by not being there for Egghead, it just feels like it'd feel too late if he were to join up after Egghead, and especially so after Elbaf

Personally, I hope they don't fully fight the Gorosei right now, I think narratively it works better if they just stall them long enough for the message to get out and then leave. Cause Luffy can't even damage them, if they get to the level of Franky being able to beat one, that'd be kind of a let down for right now.

Spoiler:
Good catch on that image. Now I'm really curious about the Imu transformation.

I'm holding out hope for Yamato...and Vivi's return too. Yamato's a long shot, Vivi feels possible now, but I'm rooting for both.

As for the Gorosei fights. I don't mean match-ups for now, but rather I mean for the end game. If Luffy and possibly the two Giants couldn't damage the Gorosei, then the SH's need another power up before they hope to compete...even thinking of the Titanic captains, the Strawhats have a handful that stack up and a bunch that would get murdered. Unless Oda gets creative with how he makes them fight/defeat characters.

For now, I think it's all about stalling for 10 minutes, which seems impossible even now. I hope Oda isn't trolling us. I could picture Vegapunk getting one earth-shattering line out before the Gorosei cut off the transmission and we're left with even more questions than ever. Just tells us what the D stands officially and gets half way to another major announcement before it cust. :lol:
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,342

Post#1558 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:44 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I remember a lot of hype around the original before it came out. But I never got to play either of the games. I'm curious to hear about the game play, I used to love zombie games. Dead Rising was my jam!

Dead Rising was the **** lol..

I wonder why they stopped making those games

But Yeah @DollarBills

Its like a fun action role playing game with customizable weapons and **** like Dead Rising

Its really tough for me to find a game to get hooked on this gen, especially since I have the non disc version of ps5. I use to rent a lot of games on gamefly. So when I buy a game its a commitment and half the time I can't really get into anything this gen so i'm tired of wasting money. lol

Also don't help having a toddler lol so I just run quick 2k or cod games usually but Dead Island calling my name, i'ma just go for it lol
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1559 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:18 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Dead Rising was the **** lol..

I wonder why they stopped making those games

But Yeah @DollarBills

Its like a fun action role playing game with customizable weapons and **** like Dead Rising

Its really tough for me to find a game to get hooked on this gen, especially since I have the non disc version of ps5. I use to rent a lot of games on gamefly. So when I buy a game its a commitment and half the time I can't really get into anything this gen so i'm tired of wasting money. lol

Also don't help having a toddler lol so I just run quick 2k or cod games usually but Dead Island calling my name, i'ma just go for it lol

Try Hell Divers 2 if you like quick shooter games. It's pretty new and it's only 40 bucks. Very fun game I've been hooked on lately.

The missions have different levels of difficulty and you can either run solo missions on planets or find an ongoing missions to join with other players. It's a community game meaning everyone who takes part in missions and battles share rewards and things get unlocked for everyone as players liberate sectors. Around last week, the community unlocked mechs (as you can see in the video), and there's constantly new predicaments happening because the game is run by a developer who serves as a game master.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1560 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:17 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boruto/s/25t2nPXbUv

AI has officially gotten out of control :o

Spoiler:
Not gonna lie hearing Naruto say "shut your Bruce Lee looking ass up" sent me.

Return to New York Knicks