ImageImageImageImageImage

OT The Nerdy stuff Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Re: OT The Nerdy stuff Thread 

Post#1561 » by j4remi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
I won't spoil. Read it when the season ends, the manga is frankly a masterpiece. There are some things that happen that will make you go :o !! and :cry:. But no worries...Fern and Stark are still young. For now. :( that's the cruelest part of this story. You know that time is fleeting, and humans aren't meant to live long. But that's the point.

But i will say, since you're a fan of Ubel...the last two chapters have been a love letter to her fans. The authors are fully aware of how popular the murder mami is :lol:

I'll def end up reading it. I want to stay in that world, and there's only one episode to go. I'm so curious after every episode.

Knowing how hard it is to read Frieren for most people, I wonder how much more there is to Serie. She's full of contradictions, which reminds me of Frieren acting like objects don't matter but keeping Himmel's ring, Flamme's earrings, and fixing Fern's staff after all.

Spoiler:
Serie talks about Frieren wasting her time hiding her mana, but Serie's doing it (for her own reasons I'm sure). She goes from "I shouldn't take human apprentices" to asking Fern to be her apprentice. The same goes for how she acts detached but isn't about to send a bunch of mages to their deaths in the third test. Just like with Frieren, I can never tell where pragmatism ends and sentiment is sneaking in...but I know Serie isn't entirely practical, since she failed Frieren.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,914

Post#1562 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:59 pm

Kagurabachi Chapter 25

Spoiler:
Chihiro is playing 4D chess by giving up Enten to Kyora (what a scumbag this guy is. This series is 2 for 2 so far with villains. Sojo was an animal and a great starter antagonist, and now Kyora is just an absolute POS with sick abilities). Now they know the location of the storehouse.

What a hell of a chapter. Epic fighting, dynamic panels and then a crazy twist. The Auction is going to be ridiculously intense. The Sazanami, Kyora, the mob + Hiyuki with Chihiro and Shiba walking into the lion's den.

And man Shiba is a beast.

This series brings the fire every week. Unbelievable
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1563 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:31 pm

I've been down about Marvel dropping the ball lately, but I am hyped for this

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1564 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:18 pm

Chainsaw Man Chapter 159

Spoiler:
Katana Man out of nowhere!! Holy f*ck

Yoru bullying Fami to also save her from getting killed is hilarious. Is it just me or is Fami kinda....i hate to use the term, but 'slow'? I know fans think that Asa is autistic (which isn't funny), but Fami definitely seems a bit off. Either way, I dunno how well they're gonna hold up against Katana Man and that other fiend with the hammer (I forgot her name)

Someone's gotta come help them out. No clue who at this point, Denji has basically been dissected at this point and Nayuta is MIA.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#1565 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:55 pm

Damn I really liked the new dune movie
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1566 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:26 pm

Someone got their hands on the Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 blu rays and posted a clip of the Sukuna vs General Maharoga fight

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Holy sh*t. Holy sh*t.

For context, this episode was controversial because the animators were given an insane deadline that they couldn't meet and the episode aired basically unfinished. The stuff I'm seeing here is movie quality

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1567 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:41 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Chainsaw Man Chapter 159

Spoiler:

Yoru bullying Fami to also save her from getting killed is hilarious. Is it just me or is Fami kinda....i hate to use the term, but 'slow'? I know fans think that Asa is autistic (which isn't funny), but Fami definitely seems a bit off. Either way, I dunno how well they're gonna hold up against Katana Man and that other fiend with the hammer (I forgot her name)

Someone's gotta come help them out. No clue who at this point, Denji has basically been dissected at this point and Nayuta is MIA.

Spoiler:
I can't figure out Fami. Up until the past few chapters, she seemed way ahead of everyone else, especially after the Falling Devil Arc. It feels like Asa definitely needs help against Kitana Man, but I'm holding off hope that there's an actual trump card Fami's stashing. It doesn't really make sense to me that she'd be a pushover, even a much younger Nayuta had fangs.

It'd be a nice time for Kishibe to show back up, or whoever the other Chainsaw Man was...or Reze, since every other damned Hybrid gets to come back :cry:

Kobeni's little bro replacing Kobeni as the panicked character in every arc slays me every single time :lol:
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1568 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:49 am

Apothecary Diaries' latest episode really hit.

Spoiler:
It added way more dimension to Lakan, and I love the way MaoMao handled the game. Suddenly, there's a new face-to-face meeting that I'm pretty eager to see. I'm not even sure Lakan realized MaoMao's mother is alive.

Also, Lakan's relation to Luomen never even crossed my mind. There's a lot about Luomen to find out, particularly what really happened when he left the palace...I have ideas, but I think I might wait for the season to complete and rewatch it entirely before I get into any kinda theorizing about it.

1b to Frieren's 1a, all day.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1569 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:48 am

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Chainsaw Man Chapter 159

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I can't figure out Fami. Up until the past few chapters, she seemed way ahead of everyone else, especially after the Falling Devil Arc. It feels like Asa definitely needs help against Kitana Man, but I'm holding off hope that there's an actual trump card Fami's stashing. It doesn't really make sense to me that she'd be a pushover, even a much younger Nayuta had fangs.

It'd be a nice time for Kishibe to show back up, or whoever the other Chainsaw Man was...or Reze, since every other damned Hybrid gets to come back :cry:

Kobeni's little bro replacing Kobeni as the panicked character in every arc slays me every single time :lol:

Spoiler:
I don't know if Asa and Yoru can survive a 1 v 1 fight versus Katana Man. Denji had to pull off a crazy feat just to take him down the first time. Dude is a beast.

I kinda like this though. It's interesting and makes me want to see what happens next.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1570 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:54 am

j4remi wrote:Apothecary Diaries' latest episode really hit.

Spoiler:
It added way more dimension to Lakan, and I love the way MaoMao handled the game. Suddenly, there's a new face-to-face meeting that I'm pretty eager to see. I'm not even sure Lakan realized MaoMao's mother is alive.

Also, Lakan's relation to Luomen never even crossed my mind. There's a lot about Luomen to find out, particularly what really happened when he left the palace...I have ideas, but I think I might wait for the season to complete and rewatch it entirely before I get into any kinda theorizing about it.

1b to Frieren's 1a, all day.

I feel like Frieren gets the edge over Apothecary Diaries because of the mage battles. Apothecary Diaries is more cerebral in terms of conflict.

the fact that we got both of these shows running at the same time makes me feel spoiled.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,222

Post#1571 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:31 pm

Anyone gonna watch three body problem? I liked the book series. Also heard Shogun is really good too. Might need to pause on my anime for a while.

I don’t mind though… I think some good ones are coming out in May (my MHA and demon slayer woot).
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1572 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I feel like Frieren gets the edge over Apothecary Diaries because of the mage battles. Apothecary Diaries is more cerebral in terms of conflict.

the fact that we got both of these shows running at the same time makes me feel spoiled.

The action sequences definitely give Frieren a little something extra. I rate them the two most beautifully animated shows of the season (even subtle movements look incredible), but Frieren's action makes that animation stand out more.

What I consider a bit of an equalizer is in the score. Again, they're both right at the top for me, but I'm a Kevin Penkin stan to the core. Apothecary diaries slips in vocal tracks that elevate some of the emotional moments sooo much...Penkin bodied the Made in Abyss score the same way.

KnicksGadfly wrote:Anyone gonna watch three body problem? I liked the book series. Also heard Shogun is really good too. Might need to pause on my anime for a while.

I don’t mind though… I think some good ones are coming out in May (my MHA and demon slayer woot).

Shogun's my favorite show currently running, especially with Tokyo Vice winding down (Tokyo Vice is a bit of a slept on gem). I think the third episode of Shogun is gonna wind up on my shortlist of favorite episodes for a long time, but I want to make sure that's not recency bias.

I'm planning to give Three-Body Problem a shot. If there's a group of producers that has shown us they can adapt tricky novels well, it's these guys...Game of Thrones only fell off when Benioff ran out of source material and Alexander Woo's been attached to True Blood and the Terror, which are very different but both good in their own ways. The only scary thing is True Blood and GoT both fell off BADLY before they ended.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,316

Post#1573 » by DOT » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:33 pm

I'm not usually one to get in on games day 1, but Dragon's Dogma 2 is getting incredible reviews, apparently. Like, BG3 good.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1574 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:59 pm

DOT wrote:I'm not usually one to get in on games day 1, but Dragon's Dogma 2 is getting incredible reviews, apparently. Like, BG3 good.

I heard there are some issues with frame rate/motion sickness but otherwise the reviews are glowing

Right now I have FF7R2 on the docket and then Rise of the Ronin, but I'll be getting this. I just have no time for all this greatness!!! :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1575 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:04 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I feel like Frieren gets the edge over Apothecary Diaries because of the mage battles. Apothecary Diaries is more cerebral in terms of conflict.

The action sequences definitely give Frieren a little something extra. I rate them the two most beautifully animated shows of the season (even subtle movements look incredible), but Frieren's action makes that animation stand out more.

What I consider a bit of an equalizer is in the score. Again, they're both right at the top for me, but I'm a Kevin Penkin stan to the core. Apothecary diaries slips in vocal tracks that elevate some of the emotional moments sooo much...Penkin bodied the Made in Abyss score the same way.

KnicksGadfly wrote:Anyone gonna watch three body problem? I liked the book series. Also heard Shogun is really good too. Might need to pause on my anime for a while.

Shogun's my favorite show currently running, especially with Tokyo Vice winding down (Tokyo Vice is a bit of a slept on gem). I think the third episode of Shogun is gonna wind up on my shortlist of favorite episodes for a long time, but I want to make sure that's not recency bias.

I'm planning to give Three-Body Problem a shot. If there's a group of producers that has shown us they can adapt tricky novels well, it's these guys...Game of Thrones only fell off when Benioff ran out of source material and Alexander Woo's been attached to True Blood and the Terror, which are very different but both good in their own ways. The only scary thing is True Blood and GoT both fell off BADLY before they ended.

The music for both Frieren and Apothecary is incredible. The palace intrigue scenes from Apothecary have some killer tracks, but the battle music from Frieren is god level, when Frieren and Fern fought the clone??? God have mercy. Felt like a boss battle from a JRPG.

I don't trust anything from DnB after what they did to Game of Thrones. HBO gave them plenty of resources and they chose to rush through seasons 7 and 8 instead of fleshing out Dany's turn properly. Yall will have to tell me if their new show is worth watching. I don't like them dudes :x

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1576 » by DOT » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:I'm not usually one to get in on games day 1, but Dragon's Dogma 2 is getting incredible reviews, apparently. Like, BG3 good.

I heard there are some issues with frame rate/motion sickness but otherwise the reviews are glowing

Right now I have FF7R2 on the docket and then Rise of the Ronin, but I'll be getting this. I just have no time for all this greatness!!! :lol:

The last year or so has been incredible for gaming

Kinda feel bad all those anti-"woke" guys are too busy being afraid of women to enjoy them.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1577 » by DOT » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 pm

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1578 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:12 pm

DOT wrote:

How does the quote from One Piece go?

"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten."

For a laid back guy who was fairly quiet and private, he made damn sure that he'll never be forgotten.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1579 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The last year or so has been incredible for gaming

Kinda feel bad all those anti-"woke" guys are too busy being afraid of women to enjoy them.

This really has been an apex period of gaming.

Bro you were probably in diapers when this happened, but this period reminds me of that period that led to the rise of Playstation 1. It felt like a new banger of a game was dropping every other month. And i was a broke kid back then who barely could afford the games, now I'm an adult that can buy all of them....and I'm too tired and don't have enough time to play them all :lol: what a time.

And yeah. Dudes are fricking angry at a game featuring a pride flag (Spider-Man 2) or characters who are pansexual (literally everyone in Baldur's Gate 3) or women (pick a game, I'm sure they're mad at women being in it and not being fap fodder). The rest of us are having the time of our gaming lives.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1580 » by DOT » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:17 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Bro you were probably in diapers when this happened, but this period reminds me of that period that led to the rise of Playstation 1. It felt like a new banger of a game was dropping every other month. And i was a broke kid back then who barely could afford the games, now I'm an adult that can buy all of them....and I'm too tired and don't have enough time to play them all :lol: what a time.

The PS1 released in the states a month before I was born :lol:
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Return to New York Knicks