ImageImageImageImageImage

OT The Nerdy stuff Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Re: OT The Nerdy stuff Thread 

Post#1621 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:46 am

j4remi wrote:I don't know how this CSM arc has managed to maintain the comedy, but this chapter (560) bodied me.

Spoiler:
Kitana man being a low-key Asa Mitaka fan fan, and Asa random dropping a poetry book slayed me.

Then another Public Safety officer running away and Yoru asking if they're all this cowardly got me again. Plus, now I'm curious who he went to get because there are a few interesting options. Quanxi, Kishibe...Reze :lol:

I know it's jokes now. But I swear Yoru's tryna get on Kitana man's good side to make him one of her weapons. If he admits he's her biggest fan, it's over.

Spoiler:
The last two chapters have been completely unhinged. Fami is absolutely useless :lol:

Yoru is definitely baiting Katana Man to make him her next weapon.

Fujimoto is really good at shifting tones. Denji is probably dissected right now behind the scenes in one of the darkest moments in the entire series while the audience is being entertained by Asa, Yoru and Fami's hijinks. I fully expect that when they find Denji, it's not gonna be good.

I keep thinking back to the promotional illustration Fujimoto made of Asa holding Chainsaw Man's head that made the rounds before Part 2 started. I think we're getting close to that moment.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#1622 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:
The last two chapters have been completely unhinged. Fami is absolutely useless :lol:

Yoru is definitely baiting Katana Man to make him her next weapon.

Fujimoto is really good at shifting tones. Denji is probably dissected right now behind the scenes in one of the darkest moments in the entire series while the audience is being entertained by Asa, Yoru and Fami's hijinks. I fully expect that when they find Denji, it's not gonna be good.

I keep thinking back to the promotional illustration Fujimoto made of Asa holding Chainsaw Man's head that made the rounds before Part 2 started. I think we're getting close to that moment.

Spoiler:
Not only is Denji getting dissected, but they were at amputations 26 and 27 when we last checked. I wouldn't put it this messed up Public Safety group to have all those body parts set aside to see if they can regenerate more Chainsaw-men like we saw in the final battle with Makima (the best panels IMO were Pochita launched into orbit, throwing his heart back to Earth to regenerate).

It's also interesting that even some of the strongest characters in the building didn't know Denji was there. It helped set up the Asa/Kitana man alliance which I love. I mentioned on another forum, that I could see this becoming Fujimoto's twisted version of Impel Down and it really feels like that now. Just bring me back one more interesting character to maximize the chaos...Reze, Kobeni, Halloween Girl, Doll Devil, or Violence Fiend.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1623 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

Read on Twitter
?t=16GtKaZnWKKee05IncwzqQ&s=19

:cry:

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1624 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:51 am

This has some potential...Deaddie Du Dead
In the dismal world where humans live together with hybrids everything becomes more distorted day by day. While everyone is used to living with the hybrids, they are still strange creatures, a borderline between humans and other animals. Hybrids introduce humans to even stranger concepts which allows them to use their potential to its fullest. Evas is a teenager who happens to work as an assassin for an agency established by the government to exterminate street gangs. However, after an incident between them and his friend, Evas and his partner Alissa swear to destroy the agency and become free from it. Everything gets even more complicated when Evas becomes the target of another big underground organization.

Spoiler:

The character designs are really good. The powers are really unique, and that lends itself to some really fun action sequences when powers collide.
Spoiler:

There are animal-human hybrids, which mostly look like characters from Beastars. But some have really fun designs. Herry, right here, is my favorite.
Spoiler:
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1625 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:34 am

j4remi wrote:This has some potential...Deaddie Du Dead
In the dismal world where humans live together with hybrids everything becomes more distorted day by day. While everyone is used to living with the hybrids, they are still strange creatures, a borderline between humans and other animals. Hybrids introduce humans to even stranger concepts which allows them to use their potential to its fullest. Evas is a teenager who happens to work as an assassin for an agency established by the government to exterminate street gangs. However, after an incident between them and his friend, Evas and his partner Alissa swear to destroy the agency and become free from it. Everything gets even more complicated when Evas becomes the target of another big underground organization.

Spoiler:

The character designs are really good. The powers are really unique, and that lends itself to some really fun action sequences when powers collide.
Spoiler:

There are animal-human hybrids, which mostly look like characters from Beastars. But some have really fun designs. Herry, right here, is my favorite.
Spoiler:

Gonna check this one out, thanks.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1626 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:03 pm

Kagurabachi just destroyed me this week. Holy f*ck how does the author continue to make this series hit with every chapter???

Chihiro's arm is restored and now he's got Cloud Gouger with him. That's an insane power up

Spoiler:
Also, he just saved another orphan. The Batman vibes are REAL.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#1627 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:35 pm

Finally finished Dr Stone S3. Dang that Ibarra villain...so hateable. S4...gonna be out in 2025? Ugh.

On to Invincible! Might go back to S1 and just binge that...I dunno how you guys can keep track of these shows and what happens. I totally forgot everything that happened in S1.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1628 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:22 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Finally finished Dr Stone S3. Dang that Ibarra villain...so hateable. S4...gonna be out in 2025? Ugh.

On to Invincible! Might go back to S1 and just binge that...I dunno how you guys can keep track of these shows and what happens. I totally forgot everything that happened in S1.

I think S4 might be the end

Regarding Invincible...i read the comics like a decade ago so i already know what's going to happen :lol:

Invincible might be the most faithful adaptation of an American comic that I've seen

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,312

Post#1629 » by DOT » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:45 pm

I read The Promised Neverland

It's really good from start to finish. Might honestly have one of the best conclusions to any manga/anime

Just a shame the adaptation went off the rails in season 2, it really deserves a good anime counterpart.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1630 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 1, 2024 10:56 pm

DOT wrote:I read The Promised Neverland

It's really good from start to finish. Might honestly have one of the best conclusions to any manga/anime

Just a shame the adaptation went off the rails in season 2, it really deserves a good anime counterpart.

What was done to The Promised Neverland was criminal. I put it up there with Tokyo Ghoul as one of the most botched anime productions I've ever seen.

I feel like the final act of the manga had some flaws, but overall it was a solid series. Isabella was terrifying

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1631 » by DOT » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

What was done to The Promised Neverland was criminal. I put it up there with Tokyo Ghoul as one of the most botched anime productions I've ever seen.

I feel like the final act of the manga had some flaws, but overall it was a solid series. Isabella was terrifying

I thought it felt a bit rushed, but I liked the conclusion regardless

It definitely feels like a series you can go back and reread, cause it was all set up well, like the writer had a plan on where to go from the start and kept to it. It's up there with Demon Slayer for series that lasted just as long as they needed to and didn't pad itself out, like there's no major retcons or anything you see with long running series

I haven't seen season 2, I just know it sucks, which is a shame cause you really only need like 3 or 4 seasons at a good pace, it's really not that long of a series.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1632 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:56 am

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I thought it felt a bit rushed, but I liked the conclusion regardless

It definitely feels like a series you can go back and reread, cause it was all set up well, like the writer had a plan on where to go from the start and kept to it. It's up there with Demon Slayer for series that lasted just as long as they needed to and didn't pad itself out, like there's no major retcons or anything you see with long running series

I haven't seen season 2, I just know it sucks, which is a shame cause you really only need like 3 or 4 seasons at a good pace, it's really not that long of a series.

It's a good series but your criticism is also where i felt that Act 3 suffered. I still enjoyed it though

Yeah Season 2 isn't worth watching. There's no excuse for a manga adaptation to be rushed or botched like this.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1633 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:19 pm

The title of the next chapter of Chainsaw Man is called

Spoiler:
"Chainsaw Man Puzzle"

Fujimoto is a sick dude if this means what i think it means

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1634 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The title of the next chapter of Chainsaw Man is called

Spoiler:
"Chainsaw Man Puzzle"

Fujimoto is a sick dude if this means what i think it means

Funny enough as soon as I learned about the title, i got the notification from the Jump app that the chapter is out. So I was right, Fujimoto is sick in his head.

There's a lot to unpack here

Spoiler:
"Shove it up his ass!! His ass!!" absolutely killed me :lol:

Asa discovers Denji's secret in the worst way possible.

And now Quanxi is there to kill them all. Holy f*ck :o

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1635 » by DOT » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:There's a lot to unpack here

:lol:
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1636 » by j4remi » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:24 pm

The fact that they managed to keep CSM hilarious with this morbid premise for a chapter is incredible. So many money jokes. Kobeni's bro apologizing and Yoru's "I'm wounded" were great.

Spoiler:
Yoru, Kitana man, and Nail vs Quanxi while the others try to put Denji back together makes sense. Those three aren't strong enough to beat Quanxi, but they might be able to last long enough for the goof troop to pull Denji's cord.

P.S. I also get a kick outta everyone calling Asa Mitaka by her full name. It makes me chuckle every time.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#1637 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:28 pm

Man I forgot how masterful that first episode of Invincible was. The whole thing is planned out beautifully.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1638 » by DOT » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:59 pm

j4remi wrote:The fact that they managed to keep CSM hilarious with this morbid premise for a chapter is incredible. So many money jokes. Kobeni's bro apologizing and Yoru's "I'm wounded" were great.

This dude was my favorite part:

Spoiler:
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1639 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:35 pm

j4remi wrote:The fact that they managed to keep CSM hilarious with this morbid premise for a chapter is incredible. So many money jokes. Kobeni's bro apologizing and Yoru's "I'm wounded" were great.

Spoiler:
Yoru, Kitana man, and Nail vs Quanxi while the others try to put Denji back together makes sense. Those three aren't strong enough to beat Quanxi, but they might be able to last long enough for the goof troop to pull Denji's cord.

P.S. I also get a kick outta everyone calling Asa Mitaka by her full name. It makes me chuckle every time.

Spoiler:
Seeing that the only person who could stop Quanxi was Makima, i think Katana, Nail and Yoru/Asa are in serious trouble :lol:

But yeah this was well done. What happened to Denji is horrifying and yet Katana Man being a complete ass hole makes you not even take it seriously. I'm glad he just wasn't a one and done character

Asa Mitaka is a cool name so they have to say it in full

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1640 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:36 pm

DOT wrote:

This dude was my favorite part:

Spoiler:

:lol: !!!! Yes! Oh my god that dude was hilarious

Return to New York Knicks