ImageImageImageImageImage

2023 New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,879

Re: 2023 New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1141 » by Rich Rane » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:21 am

knicks94 wrote:I do not look forward to DJ returning. What does he really have to offer other than the ability to play multiple positions? Even if he manages to stay healthy he won’t be the same hitter that he was during the juiced ball era, yet Boone will have him leading off in front of Soto. Let’s admit that he was a terrible contract by Cashman just like Hicks was.

If he can bat his weight, he'd be a better option than Torres currently both in the lineup and in the field.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,005

Post#1142 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:32 am

Rich Rane wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I do not look forward to DJ returning. What does he really have to offer other than the ability to play multiple positions? Even if he manages to stay healthy he won’t be the same hitter that he was during the juiced ball era, yet Boone will have him leading off in front of Soto. Let’s admit that he was a terrible contract by Cashman just like Hicks was.

If he can bat his weight, he'd be a better option than Torres currently both in the lineup and in the field.

To be honest, I think Gleyber is as good as gone by the trade deadline if he continues to stink it up. The Yankees cannot have two black holes in their lineup with him and Judge contributing nothing at the plate.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,340

Post#1143 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:50 pm

knicks94 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

To be honest, I think Gleyber is as good as gone by the trade deadline if he continues to stink it up. The Yankees cannot have two black holes in their lineup with him and Judge contributing nothing at the plate.

I'll take whatever DJ can provide over Torres. He's been horrible and now Boone had to shift Volpe to the lead off spot :-?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,163

Post#1144 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I'll take whatever DJ can provide over Torres. He's been horrible and now Boone had to shift Volpe to the lead off spot :-?

Yeah it's been brutal. Hoping that Torres gets on a little hot streak as the trade deadline nears and DJ returns to some semblance of being ok so they can trade him and get something back. The good news is that Volpe and Cabrera has looked real good so it's not like their whole infield is in trouble. And they have a couple really good looking infielders in their minor league system that should be knocking on the door hopefully in a handful of years to go long with alongside Volpe.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1145 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:

Yeah it's been brutal. Hoping that Torres gets on a little hot streak as the trade deadline nears and DJ returns to some semblance of being ok so they can trade him and get something back. The good news is that Volpe and Cabrera has looked real good so it's not like their whole infield is in trouble. And they have a couple really good looking infielders in their minor league system that should be knocking on the door hopefully in a handful of years to go long with alongside Volpe.

Cabrera has been solid agreed. There's no way that he can return to the bench regardless of DJ.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1146 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:48 pm

Lineup vs the A's is the same as yesterday.

Let's have a strong performance today from Rodon and the bats against these bums

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,163

Post#1147 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Cabrera has been solid agreed. There's no way that he can return to the bench regardless of DJ.

Yeah agreed. I've always said that I think the best position for DJL is the position that he played when he was playing the best ball of his career. And that would be 2B. Even with the bad feet and age, I would expect that 2B is still easier on the body than 3B. It's a tougher mental position to play (2B) and DJL with all that experience is also better position to play 2B that Cabrera (for example).
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1148 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:11 pm

Whooo boy this ump is an ASS HOLE. He didn't say anything!!!

Get your money's worth Boone, tell him to f*ck himself!!!!

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1149 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:13 pm

Robot Umps NOW. F*ck these guys man :lol:

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,879

Post#1150 » by Rich Rane » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:14 pm

Literally stopped doing work (it's Monday) and turned the game on to see Aaron Boone kicked out after 5 pitches and Ruocco clearly confused by the ejection. :lol:

Umpire clearly didn't know who said it and kicked Boone out. He needs to be disciplined by the league.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1151 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:17 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Literally stopped doing work (it's Monday) and turned the game on to see Aaron Boone kicked out after 5 pitches and Ruocco clearly confused by the ejection. :lol:

Bro :lol: same. I'm on lunch before a delightful 2pm meeting call. :roll:

I was watching the entire sequence as it happened. You could hear -everything- being said. Boone didn't even open his mouth.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1152 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:19 pm

Some dude in a blue shirt cussed the Ump out and Boone got tossed for it. MLB absolutely needs to discipline this clown

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1153 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:20 pm

moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Yeah agreed. I've always said that I think the best position for DJL is the position that he played when he was playing the best ball of his career. And that would be 2B. Even with the bad feet and age, I would expect that 2B is still easier on the body than 3B. It's a tougher mental position to play (2B) and DJL with all that experience is also better position to play 2B that Cabrera (for example).

DJ should go to second, keep Cabrera at 3rd. Simple fix imo.

knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1154 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:46 pm

Yankee players not named Juan Soto have combined for zero extra base hits on this current homestand.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1155 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:57 pm

knicks94 wrote:Yankee players not named Juan Soto have combined for zero extra base hits on this current homestand.

Setting the plate on fire lol

knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1156 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Yankee players not named Juan Soto have combined for zero extra base hits on this current homestand.

Sears just made the heart of our lineup look silly. Boy, does this offense suck.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1157 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:44 pm

Kei Igawa would dominate this Yankee lineup if he had the opportunity to pitch in the majors again.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1158 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:56 pm

knicks94 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Sears just made the heart of our lineup look silly. Boy, does this offense suck.

Well, the good news is that the A's hit for sh*t either

Aaaaand Rizzo flies out foul. And here comes Gleyber and already down 0-1

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1159 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:57 pm

Jesus christ Gleyber is horrible

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1160 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:19 pm

Well, at least we have the top of the order coming up but man. We can't get anything going.

Return to New York Knicks