ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official Mets' 2024 Thread (p. 19)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,785

Re: OT: Official Mets' 2023 Thread 

Post#481 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:You guys can't have Soto.

Of course, of course.

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#482 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:46 pm

Mets 16

Braves 4

But Luis Guillorme hit a grand slam for the Braves. :noway:
Free Palestine
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,979

Post#483 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Mets 16

Braves 4

No he didn't, he gave one up on the mound.

HW do you even watch the games... :noway: :noway: :noway:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#484 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:02 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Mets 16

Braves 4

No he didn't, he gave one up on the mound.

HW do you even watch the games... :noway: :noway: :noway:

:lol:

I’m exhausted and replaying the entire 4 day trial I just came off of while I try to get back to my NY sports addiction. I’m losing either my keys or my wallet or both at some point during the day. Yes, I just bought a Tile two-set.
Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,318

Post#485 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Mets DFA Teheran and promote Butto who will most likely stay in the rotation.

More Butto!

That video actually says "likely to add butto to rotation". While true, the Mets had other moves in mind.

Nunez replaced Teheran (for a day), then Tyler Jay replaced Nunez. They also called up Susler - I'm getting confused.

Butto will get called up the day he's going to start, not before. Usually it's 15 days I think after being optioned but Butto's last call up didn't count because it was for a double header. Next time he gets called up he'll probably stay for a stretch, but the last few days, it's been juggling relief pitchers.

For both Nunez & Jay, it was an MLB debut, and even if they only spent 1 day with the team, I still think that's kinda cool, a player getting their first MLB call up.

In other news, Teheran elected free agency. Not a big surprise.

and Scott and Levander are probably deserving of promotions. It's just a question of when.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#486 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:02 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Mets DFA Teheran and promote Butto who will most likely stay in the rotation.

More Butto!

That video actually says "likely to add butto to rotation". While true, the Mets had other moves in mind.

Nunez replaced Teheran (for a day), then Tyler Jay replaced Nunez. They also called up Susler - I'm getting confused.

Butto will get called up the day he's going to start, not before. Usually it's 15 days I think after being optioned but Butto's last call up didn't count because it was for a double header. Next time he gets called up he'll probably stay for a stretch, but the last few days, it's been juggling relief pitchers.

For both Nunez & Jay, it was an MLB debut, and even if they only spent 1 day with the team, I still think that's kinda cool, a player getting their first MLB call up.

In other news, Teheran elected free agency. Not a big surprise.

and Scott and Levander are probably deserving of promotions. It's just a question of when.

Wingo is getting excited for the kids.

More Butto!!!!!
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#487 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:51 am

JD Martinez had a setback. Vientos will probably get a call-up
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#488 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:13 am

Baty's defense has improved and Starling Marte looks great.

Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#489 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:JD Martinez had a setback. Vientos will probably get a call-up

How long is JDM's setback? If he's out just another week or two, I don't think they'd call up Vientos for 10 games. If he's out for a month or two. . . then maybe. My understanding is it's just a week or two.

The mets could replace Zach Short with Vientos, but they'd just be replacing defense with offense. I don't think they want to do that.

or, they could replace DJ Stewart with Vientos, but Stewart just hit a homer. Stewart's number are wierd. He's 2 for 19, but both his hits are homers. He also has 6 walks. Only Nimmo has more.

They won't want to carry Stewart and JDM and Vientos - that's too many DHs though Vientos can play 3B/1B and Stewart can play OF - neither play them well. I think Stewart will get more time, especially with his homer yesterday. . . . so Vientos probably waits. That's my prediction.

Baty looks good so far, but of his 14 hits, 13 are singles. His walk rate could be better too, but still, he's showing progress, plate and glove and that's what matters most.

Alvarez looks like he's taken a step forward, which is cool. Talented kids on rookie contracts is a plus. If the starting pitching holds up and if the guys who haven't been hitting start hitting, I could see this team having a winning record and making a playoff push, but it's early. Long way to go.

In other news, Yohan Ramirez sold to the O's for cash. The 2nd relief pitcher without options, that the Mets sold for cash in the last week or two. We love you Yohan. Thank you for throwing at Rhys Hoskins. Best of luck with the O's.

Classy.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#490 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:15 pm

Thought this was a fun article. Nolan McLean is one to watch, though he's generally ranked around 15-25 in the Mets' prospect rankings and was a roughly slot 3rd round pick last year, so it's early. Not one of their tippy-top prospects, but the pitcher/hitter combo is fun and rare.

He liked the Mets because they said he could both pitch and hit. He's not fielding, mostly the plan is DH, but he is working as a pitcher and a hitter in St. Lucie (A+) this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-two-way-prospect-nolan-mclean-is-putting-off-a-tricky-choice-as-long-as-he-can-i-believe-i-can-do-it-as-well/ar-BB1lvOzg?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=65c47910211546c9b9a695419db8850b&ei=21

Classy.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#491 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:41 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:JD Martinez had a setback. Vientos will probably get a call-up

How long is JDM's setback? If he's out just another week or two, I don't think they'd call up Vientos for 10 games. If he's out for a month or two. . . then maybe. My understanding is it's just a week or two.

The mets could replace Zach Short with Vientos, but they'd just be replacing defense with offense. I don't think they want to do that.

or, they could replace DJ Stewart with Vientos, but Stewart just hit a homer. Stewart's number are wierd. He's 2 for 19, but both his hits are homers. He also has 6 walks. Only Nimmo has more.

They won't want to carry Stewart and JDM and Vientos - that's too many DHs though Vientos can play 3B/1B and Stewart can play OF - neither play them well. I think Stewart will get more time, especially with his homer yesterday. . . . so Vientos probably waits. That's my prediction.

Baty looks good so far, but of his 14 hits, 13 are singles. His walk rate could be better too, but still, he's showing progress, plate and glove and that's what matters most.

Alvarez looks like he's taken a step forward, which is cool. Talented kids on rookie contracts is a plus. If the starting pitching holds up and if the guys who haven't been hitting start hitting, I could see this team having a winning record and making a playoff push, but it's early. Long way to go.

In other news, Yohan Ramirez sold to the O's for cash. The 2nd relief pitcher without options, that the Mets sold for cash in the last week or two. We love you Yohan. Thank you for throwing at Rhys Hoskins. Best of luck with the O's.

Can’t recall exactly. I think 2-4 weeks. I heard it on Licked On Mets. “Your Team Everyday.”

You should subscribe to the YouTube channel with Ryan Finklestein. He’s excellent. I love that young man.
Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#492 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:22 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Can’t recall exactly. I think 2-4 weeks. I heard it on Licked On Mets. “Your Team Everyday.”

You should subscribe to the YouTube channel with Ryan Finklestein. He’s excellent. I love that young man.

I like him. I prefer to skim the articles on Amazin Avenue or what shows up on my internet feed, and because I click on Mets articles, stuff just shows up fairly often, but Ryan is good too. I just find it easier to read than listen when it comes to sports.

Still not sure what to think of this team, though I like that the bats are waking up. Nice game by Pete. What's the over under on his homers this year? 46 is my guess but over 50 wouldn't surprise me.

Manea didn't do the bullpen any favors today, so my guess is that Susler goes down, Fujinami comes up for tomorrow's game, but it's just a guess.

Call-out to Rookie Tyler Jay for 2 scorelss innings to close out the game on 19 pitches. His first outing he showed some jitters in the 16-4 win over Atlanta, giving up 5 hits in 2 innings, but a relief pitcher who can eat 2 innings when you need him too is usefull, even if he's not used in high pressure situations. I'm in the Tyler Jay camp and I hope he continues to have success in the majors.

Jay is a cool story. A former 1st round pick in 2015, briefly a top 100 prospect, he had health issues and nearly quit the game. It was a long journey, 2015 to 2024, to make his MLB debut at nearly 30 years of age.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-tyler-jay-makes-long-awaited-mlb-debut-after-allergic-condition-put-career-on-hold/ar-BB1ltW1U

Classy.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#493 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:00 pm

Hartwig called up, not Fuji. I guessed wrong.

And I forgot, 2 brought up, 2 have to go down, so Butto & Hartwig up. Jay and Sulser down.

Butto is going to stick around for a bit this time, unlike his last start. I don't see him as more than a #4 type, maybe #3 if we get lucky, but that's still useful. Hope he can go 6 innings again.

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2024/4/14/24130110/mets-butto-hartwig-sulser-jay-call-up-option-new-york-syracuse

In other news, the Braves lost their ace for the year. That might open up the playoff race a little bit, though they might still be strong enough to run away with the division. Tough loss.

Classy.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#494 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:20 pm

Did I say, or did I not say, “More Butto”?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#495 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:23 pm

LGM!
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,090

Post#496 » by Jeffrey » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:49 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Of course, of course.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#497 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:29 am

Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Of course, of course.

Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,721

Re: OT: Official Mets' 2024 Thread (p. 19) 

Post#498 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:52 pm

mets humming

a lot of Stearns under the radar offseason moves turning up roses right now

Taylor is an excellent 4th OF type, Bader has been good.

Severino and Manaea have been good

and the bullpen has been excellent.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,979

Post#499 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 pm

This team is turning out to be so fun!
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#500 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 am

Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks