ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,827

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1181 » by Rich Rane » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 pm

Just read Arizona is looking at trades on 4th overall. If teams are really dead set going for Williams, Maye, Daniels, and McCarthy in whatever order for the first 4, I wonder if Chargers are making 5th available to trade down to us for MHJ.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,714

Post#1182 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:32 am

Rich Rane wrote:Just read Arizona is looking at trades on 4th overall. If teams are really dead set going for Williams, Maye, Daniels, and McCarthy in whatever order for the first 4, I wonder if Chargers are making 5th available to trade down to us for MHJ.

How are we sitting depth-wise on the roster overall? According to Remi, we could use some on the OL. So, I don't know whether consolidating assets to move up or trading back to acquire more assets is the way to go. I remember when Bill Parcells first came to the Jets as the Head Coach/GM, the first thing he did was trade back in the drafts to acquire more talent. And it worked. That Jets team was in much worse shape than this is right now, though.
Free Palestine
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1183 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Just read Arizona is looking at trades on 4th overall. If teams are really dead set going for Williams, Maye, Daniels, and McCarthy in whatever order for the first 4, I wonder if Chargers are making 5th available to trade down to us for MHJ.

How are we sitting depth-wise on the roster overall? According to Remi, we could use some on the OL. So, I don't know whether consolidating assets to move up or trading back to acquire more assets is the way to go. I remember when Bill Parcells first came to the Jets as the Head Coach/GM, the first thing he did was trade back in the drafts to acquire more talent. And it worked. That Jets team was in much worse shape than this is right now, though.

Jets also had to give New England a lot of picks just to get Parcells so it's not like he had a choice.

But yeah, Jets need depth on both lines, which is why I don't mind trading back for more picks either if Joe Alt isn't available. Still, we're in win now mode and if the Chargers are dangling MHJ to us? It would be difficult for me to turn down.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,272

Post#1184 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:57 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Jets also had to give New England a lot of picks just to get Parcells so it's not like he had a choice.

But yeah, Jets need depth on both lines, which is why I don't mind trading back for more picks either if Joe Alt isn't available. Still, we're in win now mode and if the Chargers are dangling MHJ to us? It would be difficult for me to turn down.

I'm in the trade back to add more picks camp as well. I think they did a good job filling key needs via free agency and at this point, depth and more picks is the way to go, unless a player they really crave falls to #10.

I like what they've done. I'm not sure they're anything more than a one and done playoff team, but even that would be a nice change.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1185 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:51 pm

Read on Twitter

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#1186 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:How are we sitting depth-wise on the roster overall? According to Remi, we could use some on the OL. So, I don't know whether consolidating assets to move up or trading back to acquire more assets is the way to go. I remember when Bill Parcells first came to the Jets as the Head Coach/GM, the first thing he did was trade back in the drafts to acquire more talent. And it worked. That Jets team was in much worse shape than this is right now, though.

I'm in the trade back to add more picks camp as well. I think they did a good job filling key needs via free agency and at this point, depth and more picks is the way to go, unless a player they really crave falls to #10.

I like what they've done. I'm not sure they're anything more than a one and done playoff team, but even that would be a nice change.

Jets content creators have sold me on Odunze if he slips. So I’m now at trade down unless Alt or Odunze is there at 10.

Also, Jadaveon Clowney picked Carolina. The Jets were pursuing him, so they must have had some cap set aside. There are other pass rushers in FA that they can pursue, but Clowney was the prize. Ngakoue is a name to watch for.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#1187 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:27 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I honestly would go with another WR with the 10th pick if I were the Jets rather than an OL. Same opinion I had the 2 drafts ago when I said the Jets need to draft game changers and strongly pushed for Sauce Gardner over any OL. Also said they should use that 2nd pick for the best game breaking WR they can draft (they picked Garret Wilson). Both picks have turned out absolutely great.

As far as which WR? Obviously Harrison would be the preference but no chance of that (since I don't think the Jets have the ammunition to trade up). I'm a bigger fan of Nabers than Odunze but Nabers is less of a fit for the Jets than Odunze since they moved Wilson to the slot. Nabers is a more "raw" than Harrison or Odunze in terms of routes and fundamentals but IMO he's got the best game breaking skills of the 3. Can't really teach that. Routes and fundamentals you can teach (yes, doesn't mean that the player can be taught) but game breaking ability can't be taught (no matter how much you want to).

If Nabers is still on the board at 10 (I would say unlikely), it would be hard to pass on even though Odunze might be better fit positionally and the safer pick. If the Jets were going to go with Zach Wilson then yeah Odunze makes even more sense as he has better hands and is best at going after and grabbing bad passes lol. But with old man Rodgers still projected to be their starter I think Nabers would be less of a risk and could give the Jets a real scary receiving corps.

I would look for an OL in a later round.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1188 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:00 pm

moocow007 wrote:I honestly would go with another WR with the 10th pick if I were the Jets rather than an OL. Same opinion I had the 2 drafts ago when I said the Jets need to draft game changers and strongly pushed for Sauce Gardner over any OL. Also said they should use that 2nd pick for the best game breaking WR they can draft (they picked Garret Wilson). Both picks have turned out absolutely great.

As far as which WR? Obviously Harrison would be the preference but no chance of that (since I don't think the Jets have the ammunition to trade up). I'm a bigger fan of Nabers than Odunze but Nabers is less of a fit for the Jets than Odunze since they moved Wilson to the slot. Nabers is a more "raw" than Harrison or Odunze in terms of routes and fundamentals but IMO he's got the best game breaking skills of the 3. Can't really teach that. Routes and fundamentals you can teach (yes, doesn't mean that the player can be taught) but game breaking ability can't be taught (no matter how much you want to).

If Nabers is still on the board at 10 (I would say unlikely), it would be hard to pass on even though Odunze might be better fit positionally and the safer pick. If the Jets were going to go with Zach Wilson then yeah Odunze makes even more sense as he has better hands and is best at going after and grabbing bad passes lol. But with old man Rodgers still projected to be their starter I think Nabers would be less of a risk and could give the Jets a real scary receiving corps.

I don't think there's any chance Nabers or MHJ falls to 10. Even Odunze feels like a long shot to make it. But any of those three is an instant pick-up for me.

The good thing about this draft is that it's pretty loaded at WR and OL, so I'd try to trade back if none of the premium WR's are around (or Alt). Then hopefully they can get into the second round to fill both needs.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,870

Post#1189 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 am

Dick exploding in the 2nd quarter
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,675

Post#1190 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 am

Spree2Houston wrote:Dick exploding in the 2nd quarter

Wrong thread bro :lol: :lol: :lol:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,568

Post#1191 » by Fat Kat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1192 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:57 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy crap. If anyone knows how to get to a QB, it's him. Got over 10 sacks each of the last 4 seasons (I'm pretty sure there aren't that many that have done that) and durable too so that will likely become a 2nd rounder. Will only be 30 around the start of the season. Johnson and McDonald could learn a lot from him going forward.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,272

Post#1193 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:00 am

2026 pick impacts the 2027 season. I'm guessing Rodgers will be retired by then, but you never know.

Interesting that the Eagles signed the Jets edge rusher, and now the Jets trade for the Eagle's, but I guess the Eagles had a surplus after Huff. Jets are getting a 4th round compensation pick for Huff, so they traded more than they kept, but feels close to a wash overall and I assume it saves the jets a bit of cap space.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,568

Post#1194 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:02 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,395

Post#1195 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:28 am

I'd say the Jets should take Bowers at 10, but Hackett sucks ass as an offensive coordinator and they wouldn't utilize him correctly, so it would be at least one and possibly two wasted seasons until Rodgers/Hackett retires.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1196 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:31 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:Dick exploding in the 2nd quarter

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1197 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:43 pm

I would serious consider that.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1198 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:45 pm

j4remi wrote:
moocow007 wrote:I honestly would go with another WR with the 10th pick if I were the Jets rather than an OL. Same opinion I had the 2 drafts ago when I said the Jets need to draft game changers and strongly pushed for Sauce Gardner over any OL. Also said they should use that 2nd pick for the best game breaking WR they can draft (they picked Garret Wilson). Both picks have turned out absolutely great.

I don't think there's any chance Nabers or MHJ falls to 10. Even Odunze feels like a long shot to make it. But any of those three is an instant pick-up for me.

The good thing about this draft is that it's pretty loaded at WR and OL, so I'd try to trade back if none of the premium WR's are around (or Alt). Then hopefully they can get into the second round to fill both needs.

Yeah I agree. Without trading up I don't think they'll be available. I would still consider trading up though. Jet's aren't great at drafting when it's not obvious.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1199 » by j4remi » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:Yeah I agree. Without trading up I don't think they'll be available. I would still consider trading up though. Jet's aren't great at drafting when it's not obvious.

Yeah, even a move up to 8 could probably put us in a position to grab one of the WRs as a sure thing. I'd be ecstatic if we pulled something off to land one of the big three WRs.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#1200 » by Oscirus » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:01 pm

jets are short on picks, they cant really afford to be moving up, esp with no 2nd this year
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid

Return to New York Knicks