ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,272

The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:32 am

Because the other thread sucks . . . if you're a Jets fan,

Mods . . . I asked twice in that thread about creating this one. Nobody got back to me, so I went ahead.

Rules - yes, there are rules here.

Do not discuss the Giants - they have the other thread.

Feel free to discuss anything NFL related that's Jets worthy, especially our division, but the other thread is general NFL (but mostly it's Giants), so respect that and keep most of the NFL talk there.

and Three: Nobody post any Aaron Rodgers articles until it's official, because I'm so sick of the new Aaron Rodgers articles I keep seeing on the internet every 15 minutes. I don't want to see rumors or tweets or "It's agreed too in principals" - I've had my fill of that.

and Four, please keep the trash talk to a minimum. Give the Giants fans respect and ask the same from them.

Cool?

OK - Go Jets.

They have cap room now. About 15 million of it last I heard, due to reworking some contracts and cutting some players.

In other news

The great Sam Darnold is now a 49er. How cool is that. He was actually not bad last year in limited time.

I'm not sure why the 49ers want 3 QBs, but concerns about health might explain it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/sam-darnold-agrees-to-deal-with-49ers/ar-AA18AgJ6

and

Mike White joins the Dolphins. White was the master of mixed results and I'm actually fine with this, even though he seemed very popular among his teammates.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,313

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#2 » by DOT » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Jets get their guy. Huge move here.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#3 » by HighRyzer83 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:19 pm

I feel like the jets are ready to explode because they have a solid foundation of youth and talent. Too bad Wilson shyt the bed. Any word on Rodgers yet?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:39 pm

DOT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jets are going to be loaded offensively. man :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by DOT » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Their skill position guys are pretty good, actually

Wilson is good enough to be a WR1, Lazard is a good WR2, and Elijah Moore is pretty talented too, plus Breece Hall if he comes back healthy. TE room isn't bad either

It's just the QB and Oline that need work. But they're in a good spot to take one of the top Olinemen in the draft to protect Zach Wilson, so maybe this year is the year for him.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,479

Post#6 » by EnigmatiC » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:46 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wilson is good enough to be a WR1, Lazard is a good WR2, and Elijah Moore is pretty talented too, plus Breece Hall if he comes back healthy. TE room isn't bad either

It's just the QB and Oline that need work. But they're in a good spot to take one of the top Olinemen in the draft to protect Zach Wilson, so maybe this year is the year for him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's Rodgers or bust at this point
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by DOT » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:02 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Frankly, at this point, I doubt Rodgers has that much to offer y'all

Like, his antics are already losing him the locker room, and it's kind of screwing you up cause you need to know what his contract situation is before spending on free agents

Plus he's turning 40 and coming off a down year. Granted, Green Bay's skill position guys were terrible last year, but still

I wouldn't give up my 1st round pick for him if I were y'all, and by some reports, you don't need to.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,479

Post#8 » by EnigmatiC » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:24 pm

DOT wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
DOT wrote:Their skill position guys are pretty good, actually

Frankly, at this point, I doubt Rodgers has that much to offer y'all

Like, his antics are already losing him the locker room, and it's kind of screwing you up cause you need to know what his contract situation is before spending on free agents

Plus he's turning 40 and coming off a down year. Granted, Green Bay's skill position guys were terrible last year, but still

I wouldn't give up my 1st round pick for him if I were y'all, and by some reports, you don't need to.

It is not an ideal situation but probably our best bet in terms of risk/reward. He was back-to-back MVP not too long ago I think he still has plenty in the tank. I have a hard time believing the Jets don't know what he is going to do and what his contract would look like at this point. It would be complete negligence to basically hope and pray this guy comes while losing out on all the FA QBs, but then again this is the Jets. He is obviously kind of a douche but if he wins us Jets fans will look past that :D .
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,488

Post#9 » by Synciere » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:37 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:I feel like the jets are ready to explode because they have a solid foundation of youth and talent. Too bad Wilson shyt the bed. Any word on Rodgers yet?

If Wilson were half as good as they thought he was coming into the draft this Jets' team explodes having a rookie QB. It's almost sad how people talk themselves into these quarterbacks. If I were the Jets I would be focused on moving up to the 3rd pick in the draft or getting Lamar. Rodgers seems all wrong right now.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#10 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:46 pm

At this point in time I'd just give Rodgers a deadline. The thing we all know is that it's Rodgers, he loves to be coy and wait it out and be patient. All signs point to him coming here, I just don't see the need to be like this when it's crucial for Douglas to be building the team out and scouting. For probably most of us on this board, not ever having a consistently good QB in our lifetime we're forced to sit through this but I'd have no problem pivoting to Lamar. Now I know we all know Rodgers is going to end up here, but still it's annoying as hell to see us jump through hoops.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,570

Post#11 » by Fat Kat » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,676

Post#12 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:54 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Did we overpay or was that kind of the market for him?
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,570

Post#13 » by Fat Kat » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:04 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It’s okay, and we’ll probably be able to get out of it in 2 years.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#14 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:07 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's basically a 1 for 1 swap for Corey Davis who will likely be cut. Basically the same receiver except Lazard stays healthier generally
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#15 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:02 pm

Rodgers will announce he is coming to NY TOMORROW on the Pat McAfee show! Book it!!!

This is as excited as I have been about this team and the potential to win a SB in my entire life!! The only other times were Mud Bowl/Vinny/Favre/ B2B AFCCG years in that order!!

IT'S HAPPENING!! BOOK IT!
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#16 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm

PS **** THAT OTHER BS THREAD!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#17 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:11 pm

Ok. I'm having a hard times accepting this right now. :lol: What does a trade for him look like? Is this an option year for him for 58mil? If he accepts it how do make that fit our cap situation. If he doesn't how much can we really come up with to pay him?

This is the one area in football I am not familiar with. The cap rules.

How does this become reality?
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,921

Post#18 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:39 pm

I'm pretty sure Rodgers only counts something like $15M against the cap next season. The money in question is all about how much straightcashhomie Woody is willing to layout with regards to the $60M real dollars he's owed next season.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#19 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Jets talking to OBJ. Not sure I want to pay him the 20mil I heard he is asking for.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#20 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:04 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:I'm pretty sure Rodgers only counts something like $15M against the cap next season. The money in question is all about how much straightcashhomie Woody is willing to layout with regards to the $60M real dollars he's owed next season.

Just heard it is pro rated over 4 years. I don't know how this works. I haven't paid attention to NFL cap rules/contracts in years.

Return to New York Knicks