ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,343

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1241 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:24 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
I thought you guys are looking to trade up into the top 4 to draft a franchise caliber QB? One report is that the Giants are talking with the Patriots on moving up to the 3rd spot or with the Commanders for the 2nd spot.

I want the Giants to draft Harrison Jr, Nabors or Odunze. All this foolishness about a QB is pure smoke imo

If I was a Giants fan, I'd be rooting for a 1-16 season and a #1 overall pick. Not out of disrespect. In 2020 I was rooting for my Jets to get the #1 overall and get Lawrence. Granted, Lawrence isn't a generational talent, just a nice QB, but I was still heartbroken when the Jets were lined up to get him and then did something stupid and won a couple games.

I'm sure, in about 3 years from now I'll be rooting for the worst record in the NFL for my Jets again.

I don't care what happens next season, we just need to stockpile talent.

I can't get upset at a team that tries to keep winning despite being bad. If we suck, we suck, but at least compete.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,336

Post#1242 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
I don't care what happens next season, we just need to stockpile talent.

I can't get upset at a team that tries to keep winning despite being bad. If we suck, we suck, but at least compete.

I respect that, though I personally HAVE BEEN UPSET with my team (more than once) that did exactly that. The Knicks were 2 or 3 losses away from Steph Curry, who they wanted. Damn you Wilson Chandler you stupid rookie, and I was upset with the Jets when they did it.

That's why I'm a HUGE fan of lotteries, because I'd prefer not to root so hard for losses, but I've rooted for losses on a few occasions.

I do think there's an interesting element where, a well run team is unlikely to get that bad. Maybe for one year if they have to eat salary, but mostly, well run teams will win at least a few games, even when rebuilding.

And it's probably better to have a well run team than a #1 pick. The Jets have drafted well, mostly, cept for QB. They don't seem to be well managed on the field, but maybe 2024 will be different.
I don't remember ever feeling so relieved that a series was over. This one was a bit too tense for me. Great series, but not fun to watch, even though the good guys won.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,166

Post#1243 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
You guys keep your filthy hands off of Arch. He's ours!!!

I thought you guys are looking to trade up into the top 4 to draft a franchise caliber QB? One report is that the Giants are talking with the Patriots on moving up to the 3rd spot or with the Commanders for the 2nd spot.

I want the Giants to draft Harrison Jr, Nabors or Odunze. All this foolishness about a QB is pure smoke imo

I hear ya. Same reason why I wanted the Jets to take the best dynamic playmakers rather than "need" in 2022. They did almost exactly what I wanted them to do (Sauce Gardner with the no.4, a game breaking type WR at no.10, a pass rusher at 26 and whatever best playmaker you can find at 36). They didn't address the "need" (OL) until the 4th round. Gotta go for the best playmakers. If we were talking about Caleb Williams then maybe.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,343

Post#1244 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:37 pm

moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

I hear ya. Same reason why I wanted the Jets to take the best dynamic playmakers rather than "need" in 2022. They did almost exactly what I wanted them to do (Sauce Gardner with the no.4, a game breaking type WR at no.10, a pass rusher at 26 and whatever best playmaker you can find at 36). They didn't address the "need" (OL) until the 4th round. Gotta go for the best playmakers. If we were talking about Caleb Williams then maybe.

Talent trumps need. I'm not passing up on all pro prospects to draft someone who has question marks just because they fit a position need. Trade down if that's the case.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,518

Post#1245 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Jets about to draft an offensive lineman to protect an aging QB one year away from a multi year stay at an ayahuasca retreat
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,565

Post#1246 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:41 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Jets about to draft an offensive lineman to protect an aging QB one year away from a multi year stay at an ayahuasca retreat

I have hopeful news for you if you want a playmaker...
Read on Twitter

Supposedly, they're just waiting for Bakhtiari's all clear to sign him for O-Line depth. But this is the "don't trust any rumors" period of the NFL offseason, so take it with a grain of salt.

This guy slipping to 10 is the dream scenario...
Read on Twitter
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1247 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Jets about to draft an offensive lineman to protect an aging QB one year away from a multi year stay at an ayahuasca retreat

I hope not lol. They should be looking to trade up to get one of the big time WR's. It's quite possible that they could land either Harrison or Nabers if they can manage to get to 5 due to the QB packing the top of the draft with teams that need QBs all focused on them. Talking guys that would possibly be in discussion for top 2 or 3 in most any other draft.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1248 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:48 pm

j4remi wrote:

Read on Twitter

Supposedly, they're just waiting for Bakhtiari's all clear to sign him for O-Line depth. But this is the "don't trust any rumors" period of the NFL offseason, so take it with a grain of salt.

Read on Twitter

I don't think it's smoke TBQH. Douglas has shown he's willing to take playmakers early and often (just see the past 2 drafts where they loaded up on the playmakers). And while one can argue that getting Rodgers help on the line is important, it's also easy to argue that getting Rodgers a top tier receiving weapon is even more important. Can also argue that regardless of Rodgers longevity, landing a pro bowl caliber WR is more important than a pro bowl caliber OL especially when given the mix of top players in the draft and the QB rush that the caliber of WR's at the top are much better than the OL's. OL i can see if they stay where they are as the chances of any of the big 3 WR's lasting to 10 is slim IMO. But considering how well the Jets drafts of playmakers have ben I'd keep milking it.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,879

Post#1249 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 pm

moocow007 wrote:Supposedly, they're just waiting for Bakhtiari's all clear to sign him for O-Line depth. But this is the "don't trust any rumors" period of the NFL offseason, so take it with a grain of salt.

If Rodgers wants a friend to sign here, that's the guy I'm all for. I don't want him starting with his injury history, but that's as good as depth as any.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1250 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 pm

moocow007 wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I don't think it's smoke TBQH. Douglas has shown he's willing to take playmakers early and often (just see the past 2 drafts where they loaded up on the playmakers). And while one can argue that getting Rodgers help on the line is important, it's also easy to argue that getting Rodgers a top tier receiving weapon is even more important. Can also argue that regardless of Rodgers longevity, landing a pro bowl caliber WR is more important than a pro bowl caliber OL especially when given the mix of top players in the draft and the QB rush that the caliber of WR's at the top are much better than the OL's. OL i can see if they stay where they are as the chances of any of the big 3 WR's lasting to 10 is slim IMO. But considering how well the Jets drafts of playmakers have ben I'd keep milking it.

Yeah, the Bakhtiari rumors have me pretty optimistic that Douglas is aiming for a weapon. Granted, Bakhtiari would be ANOTHER OT with injury concerns, but he's a vet with built-in chemistry with Rodgers. I don't think there's any excuse to pass on one of the top three WR's if they're at 10. Odunze feels particularly perfect to line up across from Wilson.

I've even heard a few talking heads say the Jets might be willing to move up if it gets them Nabers or MHJ. But that's one idea that I'm not too attached to, mainly because we lack draft capital to move as aggressively as I'd like.

For me, the main question now is...what happens at 10 if the WR's are gone. I think that's too high for any TE, even Bowers (though prognosticators seem to consensus disagree with me). I'd be cool with Alt, and I like Fautanu's versatlity. The rest of the OT's...I'd rather trade back and let the chips fall where they may.

With a trade down: Bowers might still be in play; any of Fautanu, Fashanu and Latham could be available to still get line depth; and honestly...am I bugging for being high on Brian Thomas Jr? I know there's a gap from the top-three to Thomas; but I think Thomas would be a hell of an addition. So trading down and coming away with any of the five guys I'm listing here PLUS an extra pick would be a great haul.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1251 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:52 pm

moocow007 wrote:I hope not lol. They should be looking to trade up to get one of the big time WR's. It's quite possible that they could land either Harrison or Nabers if they can manage to get to 5 due to the QB packing the top of the draft with teams that need QBs all focused on them. Talking guys that would possibly be in discussion for top 2 or 3 in most any other draft.

If they somehow landed Harrison or Nabers, I think I'd be jumping out the window. All my teams are looking really good right now, and that NEVER happens. The Knicks, Rangers, and Arsenal have all been anywhere from bad to mid...but rarely good, and NEVER at the same time. Add the Jets having a good season, and I'll be in sports-fan heaven.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1252 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 pm

j4remi wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yeah, the Bakhtiari rumors have me pretty optimistic that Douglas is aiming for a weapon. Granted, Bakhtiari would be ANOTHER OT with injury concerns, but he's a vet with built-in chemistry with Rodgers. I don't think there's any excuse to pass on one of the top three WR's if they're at 10. Odunze feels particularly perfect to line up across from Wilson.

I've even heard a few talking heads say the Jets might be willing to move up if it gets them Nabers or MHJ. But that's one idea that I'm not too attached to, mainly because we lack draft capital to move as aggressively as I'd like.

For me, the main question now is...what happens at 10 if the WR's are gone. I think that's too high for any TE, even Bowers (though prognosticators seem to consensus disagree with me). I'd be cool with Alt, and I like Fautanu's versatlity. The rest of the OT's...I'd rather trade back and let the chips fall where they may.

With a trade down: Bowers might still be in play; any of Fautanu, Fashanu and Latham could be available to still get line depth; and honestly...am I bugging for being high on Brian Thomas Jr? I know there's a gap from the top-three to Thomas; but I think Thomas would be a hell of an addition. So trading down and coming away with any of the five guys I'm listing here PLUS an extra pick would be a great haul.

If they stay at 10 and the WR's are gone I honestly would look to trade down.

There's a couple WR options that are more bottom of the 1st to bottom of the 2nd that are kind of under the radar right now. Troy Franklin of Oregon and if they feel spicy (and have done whatever homework they did on the other playmakers they drafted) someone like Xavier Leggette. Franklin is probably bottom of the 1st and Leggette mid to late 2nd. I'm not a fan of Bowers at 10 but he may still get a team that goes for him in the middle of the 1st. So maybe see if someone that really likes Bowers wants to trade up is willing to overpay in a trade down.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1253 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Too bad Jets don't have any cap space for Higgins.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1254 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:03 pm

moocow007 wrote:If they stay at 10 and the WR's are gone I honestly would look to trade down.

There's a couple WR options that are more bottom of the 1st to bottom of the 2nd that are kind of under the radar right now. Troy Franklin of Oregon and if they feel spicy (and have done whatever homework they did on the other playmakers they drafted) someone like Xavier Leggette. Franklin is probably bottom of the 1st and Leggette mid to late 2nd. I'm not a fan of Bowers at 10 but he may still get a team that goes for him in the middle of the 1st. So maybe see if someone that really likes Bowers wants to trade up is willing to overpay in a trade down.

Yeah, with the hype around Bowers, I could imagine a team willing to trade up a few places for him. I also figure there may be teams looking to sneak up and grab that OT they rate above the rest or the one QB left that they like...aka Michael Penix...I think that kid could be really good in the right situation. Maybe someone needs to get past Oakland's slot and gives us a nice offer.

The Athletic's latest Mock Draft has me a little giddy. They have the Giants taking Rome Odunze, and the Jets trading up to 8 to grab Malik Nabers. Any scenario where we land Nabers is amazing, but picture only having to move up two or three slots for him! :nod:
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1255 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Okay..hear me out :lol:
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1256 » by Rich Rane » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 am

j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

Okay..hear me out :lol:

If Jets end up with Aiyuk or Samuel tonight, I'll lose my :censored: . :rofl: Don't know how real the rumors on Twitter are, but I saw they're talking to the Pats about Aiyuk.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1257 » by Rich Rane » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 am

Aw MHJ gone.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,382

Post#1258 » by Oscirus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:14 am

sucks that we missed odunze but a 4th and a 5th to move one spot down ain't too shabby
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,336

Post#1259 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 am

Oscirus wrote:sucks that we missed odunze but a 4th and a 5th to move one spot down ain't too shabby

Jets probably didn't want to draft a QB here anyway - so it was 90% bluff, though if JJ works out, this is still a win for Mini.
I don't remember ever feeling so relieved that a series was over. This one was a bit too tense for me. Great series, but not fun to watch, even though the good guys won.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1260 » by Rich Rane » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:23 am

Jets picking.

Return to New York Knicks