ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,272

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1161 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:37 am

DOT wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
DOT wrote:You'd be lucky to get a 4th tbh.

Sam Darnold was traded for a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th, though only the 6th was the next draft. That was an overpay, but still, I think a team might gamble that the Jets messed up Wilson and that there might be a starting QB in there - well worth a 3rd round pick.

That said, if all they get offered is a 4th, I'd take a 4th over Wilson at this point. Gotta move on.

Darnold's best season vs Wilson's best season as Jets:

https://stathead.com/football/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=perchoice&player_id1=DarnSa00&p1yrfrom=2019&p1yrto=2019&player_id2=WilsZa00&p2yrfrom=2023&p2yrto=2023

I know what the stats are. Darnold's stats weren't worth the return the Jets got for him but he occasionally looked good and Carolina took a chance on him. The question is whether another team wants to take a chance on Wilson. He had that one game where he looked pretty darn good against Houston, then he played a game perhaps with a concussion and looked awful and that was how his season ended. Is there enough to generate interest from another team? I don't know. Just something to watch for the off-season. Time will tell what they get. I can't see them bringing him back, even if the best offer is a 5th rounder I think they move him.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,272

Post#1162 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Why is this Jets' thread still on Page 1 of this forum?

Oh, the loss to the Eagles was fun! Oh really? I must've missed that game.

Sarcasm? Or maybe you really did miss the game.

I like talking Jets. I know there was a feeling that the threads should be consolidated but I like having a thread dedicated to NYJ. rather than Jets discussion vanishing in the more popular Giants thread or NFL thread.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#1163 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:13 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Why is this Jets' thread still on Page 1 of this forum?

Oh, the loss to the Eagles was fun! Oh really? I must've missed that game.

Sarcasm? Or maybe you really did miss the game.

I like talking Jets. I know there was a feeling that the threads should be consolidated but I like having a thread dedicated to NYJ. rather than Jets discussion vanishing in the more popular Giants thread or NFL thread.

He wants to see Zach and Aaron 69 on the field. Pay him no mind. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1164 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:48 pm

Just signed WR Mike Williams. Tore his ACL week 3 last year. What's the word on this dude? I
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#1165 » by Fury » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:54 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Just signed WR Mike Williams. Tore his ACL week 3 last year. What's the word on this dude? I

He's talented, big body, can get open even though there are stats that say he lacks separation, there are also stats that say he gets open. But either way, you throw him jump balls and he will get it. His issue is consistency due to nagging injuries. In the years before 2023, so like 2020-2022, he didn't miss many games, but he had a handful of games where he would play, get hurt and miss the rest of the game. It affected his effectiveness and consistency.

It seems like he will be ready for the start of this year and his ACL should be fully healed. I don't know how effective he will be out of the gate but he is on a 1 year contract so he will bust his ass to get an extension or a bigger contract in free agency net year.

If he's all systems go, he's a strong WR2. Also, last year before he got hurt, he played more in the slot and had easier targets than the deep balls (he's is a great deep threat as well), but with the easier targets, he was really effective and I hope we use him like that a bit as well.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1166 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:02 pm

Fury wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Just signed WR Mike Williams. Tore his ACL week 3 last year. What's the word on this dude? I

He's talented, big body, can get open even though there are stats that say he lacks separation, there are also stats that say he gets open. But either way, you throw him jump balls and he will get it. His issue is consistency due to nagging injuries. In the years before 2023, so like 2020-2022, he didn't miss many games, but he had a handful of games where he would play, get hurt and miss the rest of the game. It affected his effectiveness and consistency.

It seems like he will be ready for the start of this year and his ACL should be fully healed. I don't know how effective he will be out of the gate but he is on a 1 year contract so he will bust his ass to get an extension or a bigger contract in free agency net year.

If he's all systems go, he's a strong WR2. Also, last year before he got hurt, he played more in the slot and had easier targets than the deep balls (he's is a great deep threat as well), but with the easier targets, he was really effective and I hope we use him like that a bit as well.

Good stuff. Hope he can stay healthy. Next up...OL OL OL AND MOAR OL!!!
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,827

Post#1167 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:51 pm

Fury wrote:

At his best, Mike Williams demands the coverage that should take some attention away from Garrett Wilson and just as importantly vice versa.

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Good stuff. Hope he can stay healthy. Next up...OL OL OL AND MOAR OL!!!

Save for Joe Tippmann at center, the line has been completely overhauled with Tyron Smith, John Simpson, Alijah Vera-Tucker returning from injury, and Morgan Moses. Depth can be and should be fixed in the draft.

The more pressing need at the moment is safety with only Tony Adams and Chuck Clark on the roster. I think they have a meeting today with Jadeveon Clowney to replace Bryce Huff at linebacker.

After that, do the Jets get another weapon or two for Rodgers? There's Wilson and Williams along with Breece's pass catching ability. Will those three open opportunities for Xavier Gipson in the slot along with Tyler Conklin at TE? Jets also need someone to backup Breece too.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,312

Post#1168 » by DOT » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:54 pm

Rich Rane wrote:After that, do the Jets get another weapon or two for Rodgers? There's Wilson and Williams along with Breece's pass catching ability. Will those three open opportunities for Xavier Gipson in the slot along with Tyler Conklin at TE? Jets also need someone to backup Breece too.

I see Brock Bowers mocked to y'all a lot

Don't know how y'all feel about that.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1169 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:00 pm

DOT wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:After that, do the Jets get another weapon or two for Rodgers? There's Wilson and Williams along with Breece's pass catching ability. Will those three open opportunities for Xavier Gipson in the slot along with Tyler Conklin at TE? Jets also need someone to backup Breece too.

I'm not in love, but I don't hate it. My preference is doing something absolutely ridiculously crazy like trading up for MHJ (mainly because of Mike Williams coming back from a torn ACL and even if he is fully healthy, he has played well in the slot). My levelheaded preference is if Joe Alt isn't available, trade down for more picks.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#1170 » by Fury » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:03 pm

DOT wrote:

I'm not sure. He's the real deal, but he's still a TE. They usually take years to develop. Sam Laporta and Dalton Kincaid are the exceptions, but maybe the NFL is headed in this direction. He can be a valuable weapon or he can be a decent weapon that isn't worth the 10th pick. Honestly not sure what direction we should go with the first pick. Just hope it's an offensive player.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1171 » by DOT » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:11 pm

Fury wrote:I'm not sure. He's the real deal, but he's still a TE. They usually take years to develop. Sam Laporta and Dalton Kincaid are the exceptions, but maybe the NFL is headed in this direction. He can be a valuable weapon or he can be a decent weapon that isn't worth the 10th pick. Honestly not sure what direction we should go with the first pick. Just hope it's an offensive player.

Rich Rane wrote:I'm not in love, but I don't hate it. My preference is doing something absolutely ridiculously crazy like trading up for MHJ (mainly because of Mike Williams coming back from a torn ACL and even if he is fully healthy, he has played well in the slot). My levelheaded preference is if Joe Alt isn't available, trade down for more picks.

Yeah, that's fair

I think he's one of those players where you look at him and it's like, yeah he'll be good. Same thing with MHJ

But it's like you say, he is a TE at the end of the day (though more of a slot receiver/H-back than in-line TE), and if you're trying to win now, it's rare for TEs to contribute year one. He's supposedly the best TE since Pitts who did have his only 1k yard season year 1 so you never know

I just think Rodgers puts y'all in a tough spot, like there's just no precedent for a 41-year-old coming off an Achilles rupture. So the fact is, y'all gotta win now, but your window is super small even if Rodgers didn't injure himself. So obviously that factors into your drafting

I think the logic is, you just gotta go BPA regardless of position, and if Bowers is there he's probably BPA.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1172 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

DOT wrote:
Fury wrote:I'm not sure. He's the real deal, but he's still a TE. They usually take years to develop. Sam Laporta and Dalton Kincaid are the exceptions, but maybe the NFL is headed in this direction. He can be a valuable weapon or he can be a decent weapon that isn't worth the 10th pick. Honestly not sure what direction we should go with the first pick. Just hope it's an offensive player.

Rich Rane wrote:I'm not in love, but I don't hate it. My preference is doing something absolutely ridiculously crazy like trading up for MHJ (mainly because of Mike Williams coming back from a torn ACL and even if he is fully healthy, he has played well in the slot). My levelheaded preference is if Joe Alt isn't available, trade down for more picks.

Yeah, that's fair

I think he's one of those players where you look at him and it's like, yeah he'll be good. Same thing with MHJ

But it's like you say, he is a TE at the end of the day (though more of a slot receiver/H-back than in-line TE), and if you're trying to win now, it's rare for TEs to contribute year one. He's supposedly the best TE since Pitts who did have his only 1k yard season year 1 so you never know

I just think Rodgers puts y'all in a tough spot, like there's just no precedent for a 41-year-old coming off an Achilles rupture. So the fact is, y'all gotta win now, but your window is super small even if Rodgers didn't injure himself. So obviously that factors into your drafting

I think the logic is, you just gotta go BPA regardless of position, and if Bowers is there he's probably BPA.

Yup, with Rodgers on the roster, we're fully committed to win now with no idea what he'll be like this season. The only saving grace of last season is that the team won 7 games with a horrendous platoon of backup QBs and was in a position to win more games early had it not been for equally horrendous officiating or simply Plaxico Burressing (the first game against the Pats, the Chiefs, the Raiders).
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1173 » by DOT » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:53 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Yup, with Rodgers on the roster, we're fully committed to win now with no idea what he'll be like this season. The only saving grace of last season is that the team won 7 games with a horrendous platoon of backup QBs and was in a position to win more games early had it not been for equally horrendous officiating or simply Plaxico Burressing (the first game against the Pats, the Chiefs, the Raiders).

Yeah, I think the only team worse than y'all when it came to being just a QB away was the Falcons, and they also get an older QB coming off an Achilles tear

Man, I feel so bad you guys had to watch Tim Boyle play football. I was at UConn when he was there, he didn't play much but even then you could tell the dude was straight ass. 1 TD to 13 INTs

You know, now that I think about it, UConn is sort of like the Jags of the NCAA. Came into the league within my lifetime, were pretty good but not great right away, then for the past 10-15 years have just been the biggest piece of dog sh*t team.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#1174 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:48 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
DOT wrote:

I'm not in love, but I don't hate it. My preference is doing something absolutely ridiculously crazy like trading up for MHJ (mainly because of Mike Williams coming back from a torn ACL and even if he is fully healthy, he has played well in the slot). My levelheaded preference is if Joe Alt isn't available, trade down for more picks.

I like that Mike can give Garrett Wilson more opportunities to work out of the slot too. Send Williams as the deep threat and let Wilson's route running open the floor. I'm right with you on Alt or a trade down too, as we've discussed.

This! Plus, am I the only Jets fan who hasn't given up on Jeremy Ruckert? Ruckert was our best blocking TE last year, and he did alright with limited opportunities and terrible QBs. The only reason there was any competition with him and Uzomah was that Uzomah had a big contract...and he still lost out on snaps for most of the season.

We've got so a lot of depth needs. I want another WR (preferably with speed), OL help, and ILB/Safety pieces for Saleh to develop. Drafting a TE when we've got a decent pair feels superfluous.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,713

Post#1175 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 pm

What's going on with the OL?
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#1176 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:What's going on with the OL?

Completely revamped
Tyron Smith is a probowl LT, John Simpson is a decent LG with a mean streak, Joe Tippman was good as a rookie last year at C, AVT comes back to RG where he looked like a pro-bowler before injuries, and they brought Morgan Moses back for RT after making the mistake of letting him walk a while back.

They've upgraded four positions, and the remaining spot is Center where Tippman should only improve on his promising rookie season. The bad news is both tackles are older and one year deals. So, we still need depth. It wouldn't be bad if the Jets used their first pick on the best Offensive Lineman available. This draft is deep with guards and tackles.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1177 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:32 pm

j4remi wrote:This! Plus, am I the only Jets fan who hasn't given up on Jeremy Ruckert? Ruckert was our best blocking TE last year, and he did alright with limited opportunities and terrible QBs. The only reason there was any competition with him and Uzomah was that Uzomah had a big contract...and he still lost out on snaps for most of the season.

I'll be honest and say I completely forgot about him. He ended the season on the IR with a concussion and his name wasn't called a lot during the season as he's a block first TE and last season, not being talked about was definitely not the worst thing for some Jets. So it's him, Conklin, Yeboah, and Kuntz with the latter being unguaranteed. Yeah, I could roll with that.

j4remi wrote:We've got so a lot of depth needs. I want another WR (preferably with speed), OL help, and ILB/Safety pieces for Saleh to develop. Drafting a TE when we've got a decent pair feels superfluous.

I wonder if Jets could take a look at Justin Simmons and/or Julian Blackmon for safety. Also seeing as how Cobb, Lazard, Boyle, Turner, Malik Taylor, Adrian Amos, and Adam Pankey all worked out amazingly, do the Jets look at another former Packer David Bakhtiari as a backup tackle? Could be a cheap solid backup with his ACL injury from a few years back.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1178 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:54 pm

DOT wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Yup, with Rodgers on the roster, we're fully committed to win now with no idea what he'll be like this season. The only saving grace of last season is that the team won 7 games with a horrendous platoon of backup QBs and was in a position to win more games early had it not been for equally horrendous officiating or simply Plaxico Burressing (the first game against the Pats, the Chiefs, the Raiders).

Yeah, I think the only team worse than y'all when it came to being just a QB away was the Falcons, and they also get an older QB coming off an Achilles tear

Man, I feel so bad you guys had to watch Tim Boyle play football. I was at UConn when he was there, he didn't play much but even then you could tell the dude was straight ass. 1 TD to 13 INTs

You know, now that I think about it, UConn is sort of like the Jags of the NCAA. Came into the league within my lifetime, were pretty good but not great right away, then for the past 10-15 years have just been the biggest piece of dog sh*t team.

In the last 10 years, Jags have had more playoff appearances and winning seasons than the Jets? You know how I know that? Because Jets have not had any playoff appearances and only 1 winning season with Ryan Fitzpatrick and still didn't get into the playoffs. :lol:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1179 » by DOT » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:58 pm

Rich Rane wrote:In the last 10 years, Jags have had more playoff appearances and winning seasons than the Jets? You know how I know that? Because Jets have not had any winning seasons and only 1 winning season with Ryan Fitzpatrick and still didn't get into the playoffs. :lol:

You know what makes it fun though?

Since 1996, the Jags have the same amount of playoff wins and 3 more Conference Championship appearances than the Cowboys

The Cowboys fans on the NFL board get super pissed whenever I mention that :lol:. Always start crying about how they have rings from the 90s

The only downside is I was born in 1995, so I can't say in my lifetime, but close enough.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1180 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:00 pm

DOT wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:In the last 10 years, Jags have had more playoff appearances and winning seasons than the Jets? You know how I know that? Because Jets have not had any winning seasons and only 1 winning season with Ryan Fitzpatrick and still didn't get into the playoffs. :lol:

You know what makes it fun though?

Since 1996, the Jags have the same amount of playoff wins and 3 more Conference Championship appearances than the Cowboys

The Cowboys fans on the NFL board get super pissed whenever I mention that :lol:. Always start crying about how they have rings from the 90s

The only downside is I was born in 1995, so I can't say in my lifetime, but close enough.

In your defense, :censored: the Cowboys.

Return to New York Knicks