ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,827

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1141 » by Rich Rane » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:05 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:How bad is it that I'd rather the salary of my team's QB go to Jimmy Kimmel in a lawsuit than to the actual QB who played all of 4 plays this season?

That interview on McAfee was really bad, Aaron went full nutter. You have to imagine the suits at ESPN got a call from Disney brass about him defaming their #1 late night host.

It's probably why McAfee had to apologize today.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#1142 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:10 am

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:How bad is it that I'd rather the salary of my team's QB go to Jimmy Kimmel in a lawsuit than to the actual QB who played all of 4 plays this season?

That interview on McAfee was really bad, Aaron went full nutter. You have to imagine the suits at ESPN got a call from Disney brass about him defaming their #1 late night host.

Jesus. I just heard about this. Being a Jets fan is literally the most embarrassing thing in my life! It's pure fugging torture 24/7/365.
:beer: RIP mags
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#1143 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:12 am

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

It's on Pat as well for constantly giving QAron a platform to spew garbage. It's nauseating. Give me JJ Watt any day of the week, at least JJ comes off as a chill dude. Aaron's head is up his own ass.

Insinuating that someone is an Epstein pedo pal is a serious accusation. Pat might wanna be careful before he ends up being named in a defamation lawsuit right along with Aaron. You can't just try to write stuff like that off as "talking sh*t".
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1144 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:15 am

Aaron Rodgers and Kyrie Irving are literally the same guy. Smooth brained morons who think they know everything and believe absolute horse sh*t

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,827

Post#1145 » by Rich Rane » Thu Jan 4, 2024 1:33 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Jesus. I just heard about this. Being a Jets fan is literally the most embarrassing thing in my life! It's pure fugging torture 24/7/365.

Oh I've gone so far past the point of embarrassment of being a Jets fan. Not much one can do or say to get me hostile.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,714

Post#1146 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:17 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Oh I've gone so far past the point of embarrassment of being a Jets fan. Not much one can do or say to get me hostile.

I think we need to put Remi and Fat Kat on trial for heresy.

Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1147 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:38 pm

Looks like McAfee gave Aaron the boot. I guess Pat realized the garbage coming out of Aaron's mouth isn't worth the money or the negative press.

Like I said, I like Pat McAfee and Darius Butler, but I can't mess with the rest of the show anymore. If it's just mindless self depreciating sports talk, cool, but to hear Rodgers spew absolute horsesh*t and then Pat's two buddies spread conspiracies on ESPN lost me as a viewer.

I hope this is worth it for Woody, Douglas, and Saleh. So far, the trade has yielded nothing for the team but disappointment and now bad press.

Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1148 » by Jay10 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Looks like McAfee gave Aaron the boot. I guess Pat realized the garbage coming out of Aaron's mouth isn't worth the money or the negative press.

Like I said, I like Pat McAfee and Darius Butler, but I can't mess with the rest of the show anymore. If it's just mindless self depreciating sports talk, cool, but to hear Rodgers spew absolute horsesh*t and then Pat's two buddies spread conspiracies on ESPN lost me as a viewer.

I hope this is worth it for Woody, Douglas, and Saleh. So far, the trade has yielded nothing for the team but disappointment and now bad press.

Him going on the show was for the regular season.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1149 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:15 pm

Jay10 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Looks like McAfee gave Aaron the boot. I guess Pat realized the garbage coming out of Aaron's mouth isn't worth the money or the negative press.

From what i heard he was supposed to be on until February

Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1150 » by Jay10 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jay10 wrote:

From what i heard he was supposed to be on until February

Okay.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1151 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:38 pm

The only bright spot this year was beating the Pats/Belicheat and that got him fired from his job. Shh. That's how I will relive this moment in my head. :lol:
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,272

Post#1152 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:45 pm

Thoughts on what they get for Wilson in a trade? Is a 2nd rounder too much to ask? I'm thinking maybe a 3rd rounder at this point. I think trading him is a must at this point. He had one good game, but I don't know if that will do much for his value.

I don't know if I believe in Aaron Rodgers and I'm not sure I even like him. but I think they have to go into 2024 with a win-now approach. That's the only thing that makes sense.

They have some cap space. Not a ton, so maybe they trade for a few draft picks if they find any takers. Give up some future picks to get more in 2024? I think that's the way to go.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1153 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:49 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:The only bright spot this year was beating the Pats/Belicheat and that got him fired from his job. Shh. That's how I will relive this moment in my head. :lol:

Beating the Eagles was fun and Zach's career game against Houston was cool. That said, a lot the final games felt like meaningless wins. 3 fun games out of 17 isn't enough. :-)

Classy.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,312

Post#1154 » by DOT » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:18 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:Thoughts on what they get for Wilson in a trade? Is a 2nd rounder too much to ask? I'm thinking maybe a 3rd rounder at this point. I think trading him is a must at this point. He had one good game, but I don't know if that will do much for his value.

You'd be lucky to get a 4th tbh.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,393

Post#1155 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:28 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:Thoughts on what they get for Wilson in a trade? Is a 2nd rounder too much to ask? I'm thinking maybe a 3rd rounder at this point. I think trading him is a must at this point. He had one good game, but I don't know if that will do much for his value.

I don't know if I believe in Aaron Rodgers and I'm not sure I even like him. but I think they have to go into 2024 with a win-now approach. That's the only thing that makes sense.

They have some cap space. Not a ton, so maybe they trade for a few draft picks if they find any takers. Give up some future picks to get more in 2024? I think that's the way to go.

A bag of used jock straps
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1156 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:32 pm

DOT wrote:

Sam Darnold was traded for a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th, though only the 6th was the next draft. That was an overpay, but still, I think a team might gamble that the Jets messed up Wilson and that there might be a starting QB in there - well worth a 3rd round pick.

That said, if all they get offered is a 4th, I'd take a 4th over Wilson at this point. Gotta move on.

Classy.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,312

Post#1157 » by DOT » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:37 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
DOT wrote:

Sam Darnold was traded for a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th, though only the 6th was the next draft. That was an overpay, but still, I think a team might gamble that the Jets messed up Wilson and that there might be a starting QB in there - well worth a 3rd round pick.

That said, if all they get offered is a 4th, I'd take a 4th over Wilson at this point. Gotta move on.

Darnold's best season vs Wilson's best season as Jets:

https://stathead.com/football/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=perchoice&player_id1=DarnSa00&p1yrfrom=2019&p1yrto=2019&player_id2=WilsZa00&p2yrfrom=2023&p2yrto=2023
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1158 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:The only bright spot this year was beating the Pats/Belicheat and that got him fired from his job. Shh. That's how I will relive this moment in my head. :lol:

Beating the Eagles was fun and Zach's career game against Houston was cool. That said, a lot the final games felt like meaningless wins. 3 fun games out of 17 isn't enough. :-)

That eagles game was fun as fuq! I just got home from out of town and went to my local spot across from my house. Met this pretty little lady 10 years younger than me...sang karaoke after the game. Did shrooms and went back to her place. I think it was the greatest Jets memory that I will ever have. We hung a couple times after that but, she got a DWI and I haven't heard from her since. :lol: Psychedelic Furburger!!!

Edit: oh yeah...she was a die hard Jets fan. :o
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,714

Post#1159 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:44 am

Why is this Jets' thread still on Page 1 of this forum?

Oh, the loss to the Eagles was fun! Oh really? I must've missed that game.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1160 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:35 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Why is this Jets' thread still on Page 1 of this forum?

Oh, the loss to the Eagles was fun! Oh really? I must've missed that game.

We beat the Eagles you dumb dick!

Return to New York Knicks