ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,903

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 

Post#301 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:34 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
DOT wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:Clingan doesn't have the greatest positioning when he's guarding PNR and makes up for that with being crazy long but all that stuff is coachable.

Yeah, but that is a worry at the next level

Like, no offense to the Northwestern guys, but NBA ball handlers are built different, if they're getting by him like that, NBA guards are gonna be uncatchable

You can coach positioning, but it will be a limiting factor for him going forward.

Beat me to it. Yeah, he will not be able to do a lot of what we saw at the next level.
But good luck to him.

Cling will be fine in the NBA, but should be looked at more like a Plumlee than anything else. NBA player for sure. He is actually pretty quick so he will also be competitive against guys like Wemby and Chet.

Glad Hahn finally got on my boat and gave some love to Newton. I think he is a legit NBA player - kinda like Deuce.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Post#302 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

The Lamma wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:PJ hall on Clemson kinda reminds me of David Lee.

Just had that same thought in the first half

He'd be an interesting get with our 2nd rounder. Most mocks have him available there

Someone mocked him to us a few weeks ago and got me paying attention to him. I wouldn’t be against drafting him.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#303 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am

The Lamma wrote:Caleb Love should have entered the draft in 2022. He was projected to go in the first round, now he'll end his college career and go undrafted. Could've gotten at least that one nice payday

He was considered a lottery pick before his freshmen year and he never really recovered. I think he this is the first year he shot above 40% from the field. Maybe someone would have taken a shot at him but I don’t think him being a first rounder was a guarantee.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,627

Post#304 » by ScienceOfLosing » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
The Lamma wrote:Caleb Love should have entered the draft in 2022. He was projected to go in the first round, now he'll end his college career and go undrafted. Could've gotten at least that one nice payday

He was considered a lottery pick before his freshmen year and he never really recovered. I think he this is the first year he shot above 40% from the field. Maybe someone would have taken a shot at him but I don’t think him being a first rounder was a guarantee.

Love just shot 5-18, 0-9 3pt. and AZ is again eliminated. Not all his fault but he don‘t got it.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#305 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 pm

Read on Twitter
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,774

Post#306 » by aggo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:30 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

he can play.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,871

Post#307 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:46 pm

Would love to see Clingang vs. Edey. Will be a lot of hype if that's for the 'ship. And with our two picks, if they go about it relatively even we might snag one.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#308 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:09 pm

Knecht looked real good. Edey and Clingang can be serviceable bigs if they continue to improve their mobility.

That DJ Burns dude from NC State is an intriguing talent as a potential bench piece. Just an uber talented and composed dude like Jokic but without the height so he may not be able to stay on the floor as a big minutes guy but for 15 mins running the 2nd unit? Hmmmmm.....
aggo
RealGM

Post#309 » by aggo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:31 pm

I kinda suspected Edey and clingan would be risers.

Clingan is a legit 7 footer with plus foot speed. he's undisciplined with his footwork and body positioning, but you cannot teach athleticism and speed. then watch him make blocks, notice how he doesnt need to hip load to reach max height. more athleticism. then look at his overall body. the dude is thick and already has an acceptable NBA level playing weight unlike a lot of young 7 footers we've seen recently.

he's gonna be flopping around setting bad screens and getting pushed out of spots because he doesnt know a lot of small details and tricks yet, just like Jericho Sims went from completely unplayable in year 1 to atleast being serviceable in year 2 simply based on being 100x better with body positioning. Clingan's got a lot of potential.
sol537
RealGM

Post#310 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:07 pm

aggo wrote:I kinda suspected Edey and clingan would be risers.

Clingan is a legit 7 footer with plus foot speed. he's undisciplined with his footwork and body positioning, but you cannot teach athleticism and speed. then watch him make blocks, notice how he doesnt need to hip load to reach max height. more athleticism. then look at his overall body. the dude is thick and already has an acceptable NBA level playing weight unlike a lot of young 7 footers we've seen recently.

he's gonna be flopping around setting bad screens and getting pushed out of spots because he doesnt know a lot of small details and tricks yet, just like Jericho Sims went from completely unplayable in year 1 to atleast being serviceable in year 2 simply based on being 100x better with body positioning. Clingan's got a lot of potential.

Clingan reminds me a bit of Walker Kessler. I could see him being drafted top 15. Edey probably low 1st or high 2nd.

We'll have two picks in the low teens and/or twenties... I wonder which 3&D guys will drop?
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#311 » by The Lamma » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:06 pm

Avilasanity rolls on tonight

Indiana State vs Utah at 7pm in the NIT Semifinals on ESPN
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#312 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:21 pm

8516knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Is the general belief the Knicks will draft 1 player and trade the other 1st round pick into the future?

And, I guess, draft a guy in the 2nd round...

Yeah probably. I would imagine they will focus on drafting a big given that Hartenstein can leave, Mitch is injury prone and they can't just rely on "Akachuwa" as potentially the only starting option at PF and C if injury hits (sorry Jericho).

Gotta go all out for IHART. If necessary, bye Mitch. Especially if it means we can keep Precious also. These 20 and 30 games seasons from him don't cut it.

Yeah IHart is just the better fit with and the guy that I think more contributes to this teams ability to win.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#313 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:26 pm

Here's a clip of Tristan Da Silva. Just a pleasure watching him play. His instincts and feel (i.e. "basketball IQ") is just spectacular. I would compare how he plays the game with someone like Franz Wagner. Now not saying he will be as good but a lot lot of the same traits and style that Wagner shows Da Silva also shows. Primarily being able to see the play as it unfolds, being in the right spot almost all the time (he's constantly moving in the flow of the offense), creating a bit of space and knowing when to pull back and shoot, when to attack and when a little fake to create distance is sufficient to get a good looking shot. That's the type of guy that winning teams would want and someone that will make everyone else look good cause it won't likely take much for him to get into the right position to either take a shot and help your playmakers look real good. On a good well run team, he could shine. He's a prototype Popovich type player.

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,075

Post#314 » by Jeffrey » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:16 pm

What are we looking for this year?

I"m guessing a backup 4 or 5
sol537
RealGM

Post#315 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:43 pm

moocow007 wrote:Here's a clip of Tristan Da Silva. Just a pleasure watching him play. His instincts and feel (i.e. "basketball IQ") is just spectacular. I would compare how he plays the game with someone like Franz Wagner. Now not saying he will be as good but a lot lot of the same traits and style that Wagner shows Da Silva also shows. Primarily being able to see the play as it unfolds, being in the right spot almost all the time (he's constantly moving in the flow of the offense), creating a bit of space and knowing when to pull back and shoot, when to attack and when a little fake to create distance is sufficient to get a good looking shot. That's the type of guy that winning teams would want and someone that will make everyone else look good cause it won't likely take much for him to get into the right position to either take a shot and help your playmakers look real good. On a good well run team, he could shine. He's a prototype Popovich type player.

Might fall in our range too.... how's his 3pt shooting and defensive potential?
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,272

Post#316 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:23 am

Jeffrey wrote:What are we looking for this year?

I"m guessing a backup 4 or 5

I think they have to make a trade first and keep I-Hart. The only way to say needs is to make assumptinos first. I think there's a lot of ways it could end up.

If they fail to make a trade, and keep I-Hart then:

C: I-Hart, Mitch, Sims
PF: Randle / Precious / Bogs
SF: OG / Josh Hart / Bogs
SG: Donte / McBride
PG: Brunson / Joku (?)

That's 12 players to start, counting I-Hart and Jokubaitis

I'd like an OG type, long athletic and defensive SF.
and a backup PG to compete with Joku and give Brunson more rest when needed.
Maybe a PF who can shoot 3s.

But they're going to try to swing at least one trade and maybe flip some of the picks to later years, or draft and sashes, because Thibs certainly won't want 4 rookies on the team.

There's a ton of wait and see regarding this draft.
Embiid wanted to win so badly, he deliberately injured Mitchell Robinson.

Classy.
aggo
RealGM

Post#317 » by aggo » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:57 pm

moocow007 wrote:Here's a clip of Tristan Da Silva. Just a pleasure watching him play. His instincts and feel (i.e. "basketball IQ") is just spectacular. I would compare how he plays the game with someone like Franz Wagner. Now not saying he will be as good but a lot lot of the same traits and style that Wagner shows Da Silva also shows. Primarily being able to see the play as it unfolds, being in the right spot almost all the time (he's constantly moving in the flow of the offense), creating a bit of space and knowing when to pull back and shoot, when to attack and when a little fake to create distance is sufficient to get a good looking shot. That's the type of guy that winning teams would want and someone that will make everyone else look good cause it won't likely take much for him to get into the right position to either take a shot and help your playmakers look real good. On a good well run team, he could shine. He's a prototype Popovich type player.

he can play.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#318 » by ctorres » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:24 am

can we draft Caitlin Clark?
aggo
RealGM

Post#319 » by aggo » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:06 pm

ctorres wrote:can we draft Caitlin Clark?

What about bronny ?
sol537
RealGM

Post#320 » by sol537 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:56 pm

aggo wrote:
ctorres wrote:can we draft Caitlin Clark?

What about bronny ?

Bronny with our 2nd rounder... then we send Mitch + Bogs + two protected 1sts to LAL for a Lebron...

One. Last. Run.

Return to New York Knicks