ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 NY Knicks trade ideas

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,936

Re: 2023-24 NY Knicks trade ideas 

Post#2061 » by F N 11 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:38 pm

KnixinSix wrote:Woj just pronounced Hawks are open for business.....

LOL going according to plan.....

That’s crazy everything coming together.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#2062 » by RHODEY » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:39 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
Thought it was the 5th?

So did I but it's the 9th.

Ahhh probably we things haven't heated up even more just quite yet....

Deal is likely already done...Leon in stealth like that.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,035

Post#2063 » by cgf » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:40 pm

RHODEY wrote:
cgf wrote:
I don't remember 2nd team all defense rosters well enough to say that's true. My gut says it probably isn't and they've most likely made mistakes before...wouldn't be the first time that people confused making a lot of big plays on defense with being a good defender.

You can google it :nod:

cgf wrote:
Murray gets a lot of things people can measure...rebounds / deflections / steals...but if you're getting regularly getting burned by your man and out of position because you're constantly gambling on steals, you can do well in those measurable stats and still be a bad defender.

But let's say he is this stud defender, why was an all-defense guy so bad at stopping anyone one-on-one? And 3 years isn't a small sample size.

Pretty simply, Dejounte was a better defensive player in SAS because they had a defensive system and better coaching.

The last few seasons with Atlanta it seems as if he's developed bad habits of chasing steals which often causes him to overhelp or get blown by.

I believe those bad habits will be curtailed under Thibs and by playing with better defensive players on the Knicks. He'll get back to his old self.

I guess I just don't understand how Atlanta's defensive system explains why Murray was getting ripped apart whenever teams ISO'd him when he was in San Antonio.

Not saying that if we traded for him I wouldn't be hoping that Thibs can turn him into a better defensive player that we didn't need to cover up for, or that I wouldn't be rooting for him to stay hot from 3 and learn to score efficiently.

I'm just skeptical about why his defensive reputation doesn't seem to match what fans who watched him regularly...even Spurs fans, who watched him before any Trae/Hawks taint...think of his defense and what more in-depth analysis of his defense show

If we get him, I'll be hoping he just needed Thibs to unlock him, I'm just not sure we have good reasons to actually expect that though...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#2064 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jan 3, 2024 9:42 pm

cgf wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
cgf wrote:
I don't remember 2nd team all defense rosters well enough to say that's true. My gut says it probably isn't and they've most likely made mistakes before...wouldn't be the first time that people confused making a lot of big plays on defense with being a good defender.

You can google it :nod:

cgf wrote:
Murray gets a lot of things people can measure...rebounds / deflections / steals...but if you're getting regularly getting burned by your man and out of position because you're constantly gambling on steals, you can do well in those measurable stats and still be a bad defender.

But let's say he is this stud defender, why was an all-defense guy so bad at stopping anyone one-on-one? And 3 years isn't a small sample size.

Pretty simply, Dejounte was a better defensive player in SAS because they had a defensive system and better coaching.

The last few seasons with Atlanta it seems as if he's developed bad habits of chasing steals which often causes him to overhelp or get blown by.

I believe those bad habits will be curtailed under Thibs and by playing with better defensive players on the Knicks. He'll get back to his old self.

I guess I just don't understand how Atlanta's defensive system explains why Murray was getting ripped apart whenever teams ISO'd him when he was in San Antonio.

Not saying that if we traded for him I wouldn't be hoping that Thibs can turn him into a better defensive player that we didn't need to cover up for, or that I wouldn't be rooting for him to stay hot from 3 and learn to score efficiently.

I'm just skeptical about why his defensive reputation doesn't seem to match what fans who watched him regularly...even Spurs fans, who watched him before any Trae/Hawks taint...think of his defense and what more in-depth analysis of his defense show

If we get him, I'll be hoping he just needed Thibs to unlock him, I'm just not sure we have good reasons to actually expect that though...

Come on Zach!! You don't even play defense at twice the cost! :o
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks