ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL 23-24 Season thread 2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,071

Re: OT: NFL 23-24 Season thread 2 

Post#1841 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:08 pm

Another for the pile of scouting reports

Read on Twitter
?t=TMbxwnhyePC2ETs0E_p6CA&s=19
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,586

Post#1842 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:47 pm

in my developmental prospects, i'd like more elite tools than what JJM is showing

like elite size or arm strength or athleticism. guys like josh allen, mahomes, love or anthony richardson have some elite level tool that made it worth gambling on.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,695

Post#1843 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:14 pm

GONYK wrote:Another for the pile of scouting reports

Read on Twitter

which is a good thing and bad thing. HIs age I believe is a positive for the Giants because we have Daniel Jones and Drew Lock for a season so JJM doesn't have to come in and start right away...we could technically red-shirt him the entire year.

So its def more of a projection but the age means he in theory he got more development time but you are already seeing him put on weight.

Its what people have been saying...he has made all the throws he just doesn't have a ton of tape making them consistently. So do we know him since he doesn't have them and he might not be able take the leap or is he flying under the radar because Michigan didn't have to rely on him.

I guess that is why you pay Schoen the big bucks.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1844 » by GONYK » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Read on Twitter

which is a good thing and bad thing. HIs age I believe is a positive for the Giants because we have Daniel Jones and Drew Lock for a season so JJM doesn't have to come in and start right away...we could technically red-shirt him the entire year.

So its def more of a projection but the age means he in theory he got more development time but you are already seeing him put on weight.

Its what people have been saying...he has made all the throws he just doesn't have a ton of tape making them consistently. So do we know him since he doesn't have them and he might not be able take the leap or is he flying under the radar because Michigan didn't have to rely on him.

Yea, his age is probably the most attractive thing about him as a prospect for me right now. A full year of NFL development and then take the reigns at 22.

I just don't like having to do this level of projection at #6. It's how teams really get themselves in trouble. I feel like a lot of the critiques about him are kind of getting swept away by the "teams always have to reach for QB" mantra. Brugler at the Athletic said that most teams probably have a 2nd round grade on JJ today, but know he won't be there outside of the top 15.

But, if Schoen picks JJ, he's staking his job on him. So I guess we'll see.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1845 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yea, his age is probably the most attractive thing about him as a prospect for me right now. A full year of NFL development and then take the reigns at 22.

I just don't like having to do this level of projection at #6. It's how teams really get themselves in trouble. I feel like a lot of the critiques about him are kind of getting swept away by the "teams always have to reach for QB" mantra. Brugler at the Athletic said that most teams probably have a 2nd round grade on JJ today, but know he won't be there outside of the top 15.

Yeah he certainly would be putting his job on the line. But you could also look at it another way. If we don't take a QB. Jones can't stay healthy again and or struggles and Lock isn't the answer and we have a bad year with no future QB on the roster and have another bad year...does Schoen and Daboll get another year?

In theory the QB clock might actually give the more time. Not saying thats why you pick a QB but I think that does factor in decisions for GM's/Coaches.

Maye is also really young as well and I guess you can make a similar case, he certainly has been arm strength and size. But he is def raw in terms of accuracy and decision making under pressure.

I think a lot will determine on what the teams ahead of us do.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1846 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=VGOTzTkPO4nZ21bgpYPgow&s=19

ROSTER

FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,461

Post#1847 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 pm

At this moment I'd be surprised if Schoen did not take a QB in round one. Too much smoke and sense there.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1848 » by GONYK » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:39 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yeah he certainly would be putting his job on the line. But you could also look at it another way. If we don't take a QB. Jones can't stay healthy again and or struggles and Lock isn't the answer and we have a bad year with no future QB on the roster and have another bad year...does Schoen and Daboll get another year?

In theory the QB clock might actually give the more time. Not saying thats why you pick a QB but I think that does factor in decisions for GM's/Coaches.

Maye is also really young as well and I guess you can make a similar case, he certainly has been arm strength and size. But he is def raw in terms of accuracy and decision making under pressure.

I agree about the resetting the clock aspect. At some point, every GM and coach gets to pick "their" QB and that is what they get judged on.

But it's a tough pill to swallow when there are a combo of 3 elite WR prospects who could be available at our pick and we bank on projection. There is great depth at WR in this draft too though, so I guess we'll see what Schoen and Daboll really value.

Either way, I think it's clear that a succession plan for Jones will be executed this summer.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1849 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:50 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I agree about the resetting the clock aspect. At some point, every GM and coach gets to pick "their" QB and that is what they get judged on.

But it's a tough pill to swallow when there are a combo of 3 elite WR prospects who could be available at our pick and we bank on projection. There is great depth at WR in this draft too though, so I guess we'll see what Schoen and Daboll really value.

Either way, I think it's clear that a succession plan for Jones will be executed this summer.

there are certainly ELITE WR's that if we stay at 6 we are pretty much locked into one of them but as you also mentioned this WR class is so deep. Some say there are over like 20 1st or 2nd round grades on WR's...so we should be able to get a really good one in the 2nd round if thats the route they take.

Ultimately getting the future of the QB position figured out is probably going to make or break Schoen/Daboll tenure so if they like JJM or Maye or whoever they should go after them.

You can probably make the case if McCarthy stayed in college and had a really good year he would probably be the #1 QB in the 2025 class so if that is what there projections suggest I can at least understand there direction.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1850 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter

this was a bit click-baity as the video below surely doesn't suggest what the commanders WILL do...but Pelissero is a pretty good reporter and there seems to be some smoke behind Washington and now JJM. And not sure why they need smoke for the #2 pick when Caleb Williams is going #1.

If thats the case then Pats just sit there at #3 and take Daniels. Then the question is, is Maye a QB the giants like and or does Minny try to beat them to the punch and trade up in front of us...

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1851 » by GONYK » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

this was a bit click-baity as the video below surely doesn't suggest what the commanders WILL do...but Pelissero is a pretty good reporter and there seems to be some smoke behind Washington and now JJM. And not sure why they need smoke for the #2 pick when Caleb Williams is going #1.

If thats the case then Pats just sit there at #3 and take Daniels. Then the question is, is Maye a QB the giants like and or does Minny try to beat them to the punch and trade up in front of us...
Seems like trade up bait for NYG and Minny
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,316

Post#1852 » by DOT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:18 pm

I've been doing mock drafts on pff, and the one I did today had Brock Bowers available at 17

I think that's an interesting question, because the dude is legit, but we already have Engram at TE, and we just drafted Brenton Strange in the 2nd round last year who's the same archetype

I've been getting more comfortable with just saying draft BPA, so I think I would do that, the one I most see who's BPA is Cooper DeJean, and I've warmed up to the idea of him at 17 too. Also had Chris Braswell fall to 48 in the 2nd so I just snapped him up, that'd be an insane pass rush if we move Travon inside and Armstead stays healthy.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1853 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:34 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like trade up bait for NYG and Minny

I don't think anyone is trading up before they see how the 1 and 2 go...but after that the draft will shake up. Minny collected that extra 1st to try and trade up but there are rumors that the teams trading back don't want to go outside the top 10. So even though Minny has the 11 and 23...I still think say the Cardinals or Chargers would rather move down a couple spots or a spot and get an extra asset (especially if they are both after WR's). And they would still get an ELITE one if they traded with Giants.

Thats if the Giants loved Maye. In this scenario.

ROSTER

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,914

Post#1854 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:25 am

Please take one of the WRs.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,936

Post#1855 » by F N 11 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 am

Giants got their eyes on someone and it’s not JJ. Mark my words.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1856 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,586

Post#1857 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

boo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,828

Post#1858 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Goodell and the owners did it...they fixed terrible officiating.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1859 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:55 pm

F N 11 wrote:Giants got their eyes on someone and it’s not JJ. Mark my words.

It better be someone that can run sub 4.3 and can catch

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#1860 » by Kampuchea » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:14 am